Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,703 comments
I love to race the GM GT4 cars. They are my favorite mod to race with because they look great and seem to be able to drive cleaner races with less pile ups than other mods. But there are a couple of the cars with bad BOP settings. Can't say I ever noticed the Cayman as one of them, but I don't even put the XBOW in a race. It is so slow that it jams everything up because it just gets in the way. I'm hoping when they get off the current GT2 set and go back to finishing the GT4's that the updates will include better AI balance for some cars that are off a little.
Give the XBow a little boost in the power.lut and get it's power to weight ration up with the other cars. I had to do that as well to get it finishing midpack with the other cars.

I love to race the GM GT4 cars. They are my favorite mod to race with because they look great and seem to be able to drive cleaner races with less pile ups than other mods. But there are a couple of the cars with bad BOP settings. Can't say I ever noticed the Cayman as one of them, but I don't even put the XBOW in a race. It is so slow that it jams everything up because it just gets in the way. I'm hoping when they get off the current GT2 set and go back to finishing the GT4's that the updates will include better AI balance for some cars that are off a little.
Agreed on the KTM, I don't even bother with that one the BOP is so bad.

The Porsche I didn't even notice right away. After the Pilot challenge I was inspired to do a GT4/TCR race on Daytona and what triggered this is TCRs passing the Cayman

Hopefully soon! I haven't heard much from them on GT4 cars in a bit even though they're still technically in beta

I did so I'm sure you can too. Models may be encrypted but not the data I believe.
This is the notification I get every time I've tried to pack the data I just changed for the GM GT4s

1656612293222.png

Lancia Delta S4 - Gr.B 1985/1986 + Gravel Version
Mod download:
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...delta-s4-gr-b-1985-1986-gravel-version.52105/
Wipers:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1495dsjea75qvnf/rl_lancia_delta_s4.ini/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/604hd5tj6n9qt6h/rl_lancia_delta_s4_86.ini/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vwjyktqwtmqtk5e/rl_lancia_delta_s4_gravel.ini/file

Lancia Delta S4 ( Hillclimb Version)
Mod download:
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ancia-delta-s4-hillclimb-version-v-1-0.22780/
(Alternative version with different sound and changed ai.ini, drivetrain.ini, engine.ini and final.rto: https://mega.nz/file/2DhS0S6C#dKtT2uO29r0ZCilaXS5Mg4vIIrYHfLj_bw0iw88xUQk)
Wipers: https://www.mediafire.com/file/35x2vkxpdwarys4/rl_lancia_delta_s4_hillclimb.ini/file

All configs in one pack:

Does anyone know how these elements move when the wipers are turned on, if they do at all?
rl_lancia_delta_s4_hillclimb_wipers.jpg

Last edited:
Sliven v1.0

View attachment 1167634
View attachment 1167635
View attachment 1167637
View attachment 1167636
about:
"The Sliven International Circuit was meant to be built in the early 80s parallel to the Hungaroring (for F1),
but for various reasons, it never saw the light of day." - nikolov71

features:
  • full CSP features
  • reverb sounds
  • 20 pit/grid

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::
Excellent work.

This is the notification I get every time I've tried to pack the data I just changed for the GM GT4s

View attachment 1167657
But you don't need to pack the data for it to work. Just unpack, alter what you need, in my case I got rid of the ultra_grip in the AI file and adjusted the power.lut. Now you just rename data.acd to something else so it doesn't load and you're good to go.
I just loaded the XBow into game right now to test and it works fine.

Just to finish up on the Cayman GT thread I started I thought I'd share this completly bonkers 765HP/850NM 918 V8 powered mod I found by BetoFR. Whether this type of thing is to your taste is completely subjective of course but I found it to be a very well done passion project that's lots of fun to rip around on track days. Just need to find a suitably bonkers modern V8 sound mod to go with it.

preview.jpg
__custom_showroom_1656617720.jpg

hello, could someone please help me how to add heat haze, heat shimmering, mirage effect or whatever you call it, to a track that doesn't have it? on some tracks it looks good but on others there is no effect

But you don't need to pack the data for it to work. Just unpack, alter what you need, in my case I got rid of the ultra_grip in the AI file and adjusted the power.lut. Now you just rename data.acd to something else so it doesn't load and you're good to go.
I just loaded the XBow into game right now to test and it works fine.
What configuration/values did you enter in this power.lut?
Could you explain the procedure?
This on the KTM Gt4, and on the 718 too?
Hug

Great update!

While this is being updated, could you brighten the Rev LEDs and/or add a glow around them to make them more visible and realistic? Shaun knew this was an issue, and was planning to fix them in a future update
I'll try. I'm not so experienced with car modding to be honest, but I managed to add the push to pass count on the dash and I changed the fonts to mach too. I changed wait time from 20s to 50s too for our league racing. I tried making the rear lights blink when using p2p too but failed miserably. Still, I'll try again later. Cheers!

What configuration/values did you enter in this power.lut?
Could you explain the procedure?
This on the KTM Gt4, and on the 718 too?
Hug
Can't remember if I did the 718 or not. It's actually much easier than you think. Open up the power.lut and raise each number in there by let's say 10 or 20. You're keeping the curve the same, just raising each of the values.
You're going to want to recalculate the power and the weight of the car and get the ratio.
1656622989434.png

You're going to want to get this closer to the other cars. I don't want to lower weight anymore in this car so just bump up the power a bit until it's competitive.
1656623134651.png

Was anyone able to generate LODs for Crash's 911 GT3 R 2019? I believe it is the most used 911 GT3 - all skins for all modern series are for this version (DTM, IMSA, etc). But it doesn't have LODs and have big impact on FPS, to a point I avoid using 911 on the grid. I've tried myself, but wasn't able to use the tool :(

Great update!

While this is being updated, could you brighten the Rev LEDs and/or add a glow around them to make them more visible and realistic? Shaun knew this was an issue, and was planning to fix them in a future update
I've tried to fix the too dark REV leds. Just test it.

EDIT: I also found a more realistic engine sound.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    869 bytes · Views: 11
  • lights.ini.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Give the XBow a little boost in the power.lut and get it's power to weight ration up with the other cars. I had to do that as well to get it finishing midpack with the other cars.

Can you do that? I thought the cars were encrypted.
Why not just use the far superior kunos Xbow GT4 which drives and looks better than the GM version and isn't encrypted anywhere afaik

Was anyone able to generate LODs for Crash's 911 GT3 R 2019? I believe it is the most used 911 GT3 - all skins for all modern series are for this version (DTM, IMSA, etc). But it doesn't have LODs and have big impact on FPS, to a point I avoid using 911 on the grid. I've tried myself, but wasn't able to use the tool :(
Tomorrow I'll start working on the two cars LODs if it's ok folks.

In this video of mine I have an old version of the LODs but tomorrow I'll start from scratch.

VAO for Mills Metropark

Last edited:
I've already done this back in 2021 to make the car useable in VR. It's for version 1.0 of the car.

Installation: Unpack the two data.acd of the car and rename data.acd to something else like data.acd_old and copy the files to the car folders.

Attachments

• lods.7z.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Can't remember if I did the 718 or not. It's actually much easier than you think. Open up the power.lut and raise each number in there by let's say 10 or 20. You're keeping the curve the same, just raising each of the values.
You're going to want to recalculate the power and the weight of the car and get the ratio.
View attachment 1167723
You're going to want to get this closer to the other cars. I don't want to lower weight anymore in this car so just bump up the power a bit until it's competitive.
View attachment 1167724
I'm curious to know which menu gives you those curve recalculations. Looks like it was from a right-mouse on BHP, which bring up the menu shown below. Right-mouse on the graph only gives me a "smooth" option. Mr. Curious...
_Different-Menu.jpg
_Different-Menu2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm curious to know which menu gives you those curve recalculations. Looks like it was from a right-mouse on BHP, which bring up the menu shown below. Right-mouse on the graph only gives me a "smooth" option. Mr. Curious...
View attachment 1167940
Hit recalculate. The 3 dots by the torque curve will do it too. Also the weight you can recalculate.
Use the bottom option to recalculate using data.

Last edited:
I'm obviously doing something wrong. I changed the values in the power.lut file and then hit recalculate, but nothing changed in the CM screen. Is it supposed to or am I xupposed to manually change those numbers and then hit recalculate? Probably a stupid question, but you change the values on the right side column in the lut file, correct?

Guys I did a bit of mess with the original kunos Silverstone track and would like to revert back to the original is there a way to do it?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back