Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,768 comments

W13 steering wheel for RSS FH22

1656897460517.png

There are some known bugs I've commented in the ext_config.ini, but at least it's something different than the **** Rexxing Steering Wheel

Don't be an idiot and don't public this in RSS discord server because they don't like these things... Better be clever. Thanks

Last edited:
Hey,

mirrors are both rotated 45°
View attachment 1168795

You turn on the smart mirror option and real mirror with vr lock in Content Manager?

it is a beauty to see but still for me it's undrivable, as it tanks my fps too much (in VR, can't keep a steady 72 fps with this one)
so hope you add performance tweak/optimization to your to-do list for v1.2 !

:cheers:

What the specs of your PC?
Let me know.

My spec is below
CPU : AMD 5600X with PBO2
GPU : Water cooled RTX2080TI
RAM : DDR4 3800 CL18, 16GB.
VR HMD : HP REVERB G1

I got 85~90 FPS At nordschleife in Hot lap mod and Clear weather condition.

When i drive the car, almost of all other program are turned off. Even steam app is running background.
I believe that if you running many backgroud apps during game play, it will not good for FPS.

Anyways there is import limitation of each object in ks editor, under 64,500 polys.
If it is over 64,500polys, ks editor cant lmport fbx model.

So i have tryed to merge objects as possible as it can.
V1.0 has more than 500objects in a car.
V1.15 has about 320 objects in a car now.

If there are no differences between two,
It is so hard to optimize.
I really dont want to reduce the quallity of modelling.

But I'll try to use pro optimizer function in 3ds max to reduce polygons without visual loss.
and try to find another thing.

Sorry for now and thanks

Last edited:
I haven't investigated this extensively yet--maybe someone knows exactly what to do.

I'm recently having an issue where tracks look a little dark when first loaded. To remedy this, I go to the first page of settings and click on the "default settings" button, and in a couple of seconds, everything brightens up. I save the settings, but the track is darker again when I reload it. Is there a setting or checkbox somewhere, either in CSP settings or "in-game" that I can select so I don't have to do this every time? Maybe something's been added that's causing this issue.

Using CSP 0.1.78.

The new RSS Hybrid 2022 car has been finally released, how is compared to the VRC car?
It’s pretty good. I own all of the RSS cars and this is my favorite so far. You can definitely see that the VRC car made RSS expand their offering this year, there are multiple visual options like taped line, where the tcam is placed, sidepod vents open or closed, two aero screen options and halo aero options.

Most importantly, with CSP version 1.77 they included optional physics, and these optional physics have a porpoising effect based on setup according to the manual. The porpoising on the RSS car is a lot more subtle than the VRC one, but you can definitely feel it when you use the optional physics, though you don’t get front and rear wing adjustments. It is one aerodynamic option that is between ultra low and ultra high down force. It’s one setting that affects the entire car. if you don’t use the optional physics, there was an option for aero packages. I’m not sure if that changes the look of the car since I use VR. I couldn’t see anything before. I switched over to the CSP physics. Also compared to the VRC car you sit in a much lower position which I find more realistic, I feel like the VRC car you are sitting on the air box.

There are two different models, one that has the Ferrari style front end wing, and the other has more like an Aston Martin wing I guess I’m not real sure which front wing the second model is based on, but the first one is definitely the Ferrari one with that NACA duct there at the very tip of the nose.

I'm going to embarass myself but the laptimes are fairly comparable too, I can run the RSS car at @Pyyer's Silverstone in a 1:36.9 in lowest downforce best tire setup, and the VRC car with the most comparable settings runs a 1:36.7.

Skins won't transfer from the older Formula Hybrid X (either version, not surprised though) with a little editing though your favorite Pirelli tire packs from the FHX will work with the FH22.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, the aero package options are on the VRC car, the RSS doesn't have those options with the default physics, that said I just realized I hadn't explored the VRC options before and wow when you set the car down low and with the A-spec config that is some intense porpoising and really does impact the driveability a lot.

Last edited:
You turn on the smart mirror option and real mirror with vr lock in Content Manager?

What the specs of your PC?
Let me know.

My spec is below
CPU : AMD 5600X with PBO2
GPU : Water cooled RTX2080TI
RAM : DDR4 3800 CL18, 16GB.
VR HMD : HP REVERB G1

I got 85~90 FPS At nordschleife in Hot lap mod and Clear weather condition.

When i drive the car, almost of all other program are turned off. Even steam app is running background.
I believe that if you running many backgroud apps during game play, it will not good for FPS.

Anyways there is import limitation of each object in ks editor, under 64,500 polys.
If it is over 64,500polys, ks editor cant lmport fbx model.

So i have tryed to merge objects as possible as it can.
V1.0 has more than 500objects in a car.
V1.15 has about 320 objects in a car now.

If there are no differences between two,
It is so hard to optimize.
I really dont want to reduce the quallity of modelling.

But I'll try to use pro optimizer function in 3ds max to reduce polygons without visual loss.
and try to find another thing.

Sorry for now and thanks
hi,

my specs:
cpu: Ryzen-9 5950x
gpu: nVidia RTX 3070 ( iChill X3 RGB )
ram: 32gb ddr4 3600 ( Kingston Hyper-X Fury : 2x 16gb Kit )
vr: Quest 2 (w usb3 link cable)

Try compare your stats when running a Kunos car instead (with all other parameters the same , settings/map/number of ai etc. ), and you will see the difference.
Think it's good to always compare with the Kunos cars as benchmark... anything you go above that and you know your mod is "heavier", more taxing on the system.
Have my settings so that visuals are maximum for me, and i use the full potential, but still able to run fluent (keep 72fps and not have that red frametime line spike in the render stats graph- the 2 go hand in hand it seems).

I then only have issues with a handfull of car mods (so majority of none-Kunos mods run fine as well).
Don't want to lower my settings just to run these few particular odd mod that are more demanding because then 95% if the time I will not be enjoying the full potential of my system :)

Another good indicator for you : the Ferrari 330 P4 Spyder (v1.2) runs just fine with exact same config/track/nr opponents.
(pitty it has no side mirrors though! although maybe there-in lies the issue? if you could add the mirrors on the spyder I could test for you ;) )
I tried also turning VR lock on, makes no difference for the performance, nor for the 45 degree angle issue.

1656915290901.png

here a comparison shot w the Spyder:
1656915356221.png

Testing at Silverstone with the VRC and RSS, there is not a lot in it really time wise with a bit of setup tweaks on medium compounds I get.

VRC 1:29.789
RSS Extended Physics 1:29.824
RSS 1:29.472
RSS S1 Extended Physics 1:30:012

Very similar to drive, the RSS cars have more front end, it's very easy to take Copse flat out for instance with minimal setup with both sets of physics, the VRC is trickier. The RSS car seem to have more traction than the VRC car.

The S1 variant is the more interesting of the two versions to drive and more comparable to the VRC version.

Not much in it really if someone said they were just different chassis of the same mod I would believe them.

Last edited:
aaaannndd its out !!!

just bought and tried it, here my first impressions:

The mirrors give very poor image quality (like 2-3 fps) and there are 40 mirrors according to mirrors config app.
Turn off real mirrors and the image is ok, but then you don't see the rear wing (and i like to see if DRS is on or not, so real mirrors is almost a must for me - there also does not seem to be an indicator on the wheel that DRS is on).

Performance seems ok (in vr i get steady fps and no spikes in frametime).

Also seems to handle quite well, spins out when it needs to and has no ABS and TC available at all.
(I know it's not on a real F1 car since 2008 and i mean this as a good thing, because in the F1 '22 game they decided to allow TC to be turned on anyways :lol: )

I hope they fix the mirrors soon. (or is this a bug in CSP, and of no fault of RSS?)

EDIT: another big disappointment on this RSS one is the rpm LEDs are hardly visible (without PP !) ,
something i have no issue with on the ACFL F1 '22 car (which is till now my favorite '22 f1).

Last edited:
Testing at Silverstone with the VRC and RSS, there is not a lot in it really time wise with a bit of setup tweaks on medium compounds I get.

VRC 1:29.789
RSS Extended Physics 1:29.824
RSS 1:29.472
RSS S1 Extended Physics 1:30:012

Very similar to drive, the RSS cars have more front end, it's very easy to take Copse flat out for instance with minimal setup with both sets of physics, the VRC is trickier. The RSS car seem to have more traction than the VRC car.

The S1 variant is the more interesting of the two versions to drive and more comparable to the VRC version.

Not much in it really if someone said they were just different chassis of the same mod I would believe them.
I spent some more time with the CPS physics on the RSS car and noticed the same thing, they are a bit slower to lap with the CPS physics but feel pretty good, glad to see it wasn't just my 💩 driving.

I was looking last week into making a grid preset with the different Formula Hybrid X and Evo and VRC cars, since this is the first time I've been around that there have been good examples of the current cars with different body work, this new car makes that a little more interesting since I won't have to put all the top runners in VRC cars now.

Hello people!
Im looking for new jagaur f type r car mod. All i could find is this one, which is made by ex-mods:
I thought about buying it as it looks well made and has great sound, but realised its available only for patrons who pay 26$ a month. I’m all about supporting mods but thats way to much in my opinion. Maybe someone here has other new jaguar f type mod?
Thanks!

Silverstone 2022 F1 extension is now available at RD!

It includes everything from this weekend Grand Prix + a 40 pits/grid
Enjoy! 😉

i just did a full grid race against ai , and saw one ai car upside down on lap 1!
was this put in intentionally somehow (if so brilliant !) :bowdown:

hi,

my specs:
cpu: Ryzen-9 5950x
gpu: nVidia RTX 3070 ( iChill X3 RGB )
ram: 32gb ddr4 3600 ( Kingston Hyper-X Fury : 2x 16gb Kit )
vr: Quest 2 (w usb3 link cable)

Try compare your stats when running a Kunos car instead (with all other parameters the same , settings/map/number of ai etc. ), and you will see the difference.
Think it's good to always compare with the Kunos cars as benchmark... anything you go above that and you know your mod is "heavier", more taxing on the system.
Have my settings so that visuals are maximum for me, and i use the full potential, but still able to run fluent (keep 72fps and not have that red frametime line spike in the render stats graph- the 2 go hand in hand it seems).

I then only have issues with a handfull of car mods (so majority of none-Kunos mods run fine as well).
Don't want to lower my settings just to run these few particular odd mod that are more demanding because then 95% if the time I will not be enjoying the full potential of my system :)

Another good indicator for you : the Ferrari 330 P4 Spyder (v1.2) runs just fine with exact same config/track/nr opponents.
(pitty it has no side mirrors though! although maybe there-in lies the issue? if you could add the mirrors on the spyder I could test for you ;) )
I tried also turning VR lock on, makes no difference for the performance, nor for the 45 degree angle issue.

View attachment 1169003

here a comparison shot w the Spyder:
View attachment 1169004
Wow!
You have a very good PC!
Of course, i dont want you to set your option to low.
As you know, i'm not a proffessional moder.
So i need to get more skill to optimize, i will keep trying for you.

I have noted difference between you and i.
I just have tested only on car but you tested with many cars. That is the difference maybe.
I will test with al, thank you.

I hope that i will make it.
Mirrors angles will be fixed manually without SMART MIRROR's function.

Thank you. Always.

this one also does not let my system maintain a steady 72 fps (testing in exact same conditions, i do get that with any Kunos car)
I have these red "spikes" (which I usually do not have , that is normally a flat red line:
View attachment 1168722

hope this learns you what needs to be tweaked ... I believe that red line is the frametime.
GPU is also high , normally this sits below 100 % (maybe these spikes are a result of GPU being too high, I don't know )
Please let me know
1) Track
2) How many cars
3) SOL or PURE

This is a special version just for you backup old LODA and put this one. Let me know if it goes better or not.

Wow!
You have a very good PC!
Of course, i dont want you to set your option to low.
As you know, i'm not a proffessional moder.
So i need to get more skill to optimize, i will keep trying for you.

I have noted difference between you and i.
I just have tested only on car but you tested with many cars. That is the difference maybe.
I will test with al, thank you.

I hope that i will make it.
Mirrors angles will be fixed manually without SMART MIRROR's function.

Thank you. Always.

Turning off smart mirrors is not an option for me (as i guess is for many), so it's also a show-stopper and I would not see that as the fix for the 45 degree issue...
If you need to work on those mirrors anyway, consider putting the mirrors also on the Spyder and placing them higher , like this
(i know they are only on more recent replica's and were not on the original , but it's much more convenient to race with mirrors that actually show a good view of what's coming from behind :) )

cheers and good luck!

Please let me know
1) Track
2) How many cars
3) SOL or PURE

This is a special version just for you backup old LODA and put this one. Let me know if it goes better or not.

hi,

tested this one on Finland Trailblazer (rmi_dirt3_finlandtrail v1.15)
practice session from Pit (so just the 1 car)
using SOL 2.2 and Pure 0.102 (w HQ skydome)

1656924613095.png

postprocessing I use PureEYE (set to minimal )
1656924766822.png

or completely off (preffered as it is less strain on the GPU , but for some cars then brakelights and/or rpm leds are not bright enough for some reason)
1656924886139.png

even without PP this one is not getting enough headroom (don't ask me why it can even go beyond 100%... that baffles me as well) :) (i do not have any overclocking whatsoever done , running my 3070 w stock settings)

1656925221636.png

EDIT : to show that my system can handle this track and settings, i can run w Aphigod's '07 Impreza without noticable performance issues (only switched to another car, no other changes done)
1656926130174.png

and speaking of brakelights... the ones on your mod are "dancing" around ...
the image of brakelights r not correctly drawn or something, making it appear as if they dance from left to right... i don't know how better to explain it...
I tried capturing in a screenshot, but it does not show on screenshots (only to be experienced in VR i guess)

Attachments

• 1656924400566.png
    1656924400566.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
just bought and tried it, here my first impressions:

The mirrors give very poor image quality (like 2-3 fps) and there are 40 mirrors according to mirrors config app.
Turn off real mirrors and the image is ok, but then you don't see the rear wing (and i like to see if DRS is on or not, so real mirrors is almost a must for me - there also does not seem to be an indicator on the wheel that DRS is on).

Performance seems ok (in vr i get steady fps and no spikes in frametime).

Also seems to handle quite well, spins out when it needs to and has no ABS and TC available at all.
(I know it's not on a real F1 car since 2008 and i mean this as a good thing, because in the F1 '22 game they decided to allow TC to be turned on anyways :lol: )

I hope they fix the mirrors soon. (or is this a bug in CSP, and of no fault of RSS?)

EDIT: another big disappointment on this RSS one is the rpm LEDs are hardly visible (without PP !) ,
something i have no issue with on the ACFL F1 '22 car (which is till now my favorite '22 f1).
I deleted "mirrors 2" text inside the mirrors config. Seems to work.

hi,

tested this one on Finland Trailblazer (rmi_dirt3_finlandtrail v1.15)
practice session from Pit (so just the 1 car)
using SOL 2.2 and Pure 0.102 (w HQ skydome)

View attachment 1169017

postprocessing I use PureEYE (set to minimal )
View attachment 1169018

or completely off (preffered as it is less strain on the GPU , but for some cars then brakelights and/or rpm leds are not bright enough for some reason)
View attachment 1169019

even without PP this one is not getting enough headroom (don't ask me why it can even go beyond 100%... that baffles me as well) :) (i do not have any overclocking whatsoever done , running my 3070 w stock settings)

View attachment 1169021

EDIT : to show that my system can handle this track and settings, i can run w Aphigod's '07 Impreza without noticable performance issues (only switched to another car, no other changes done)
View attachment 1169022

and speaking of brakelights... the ones on your mod are "dancing" around ...
the image of brakelights r not correctly drawn or something, making it appear as if they dance from left to right... i don't know how better to explain it...
I tried capturing in a screenshot, but it does not show on screenshots (only to be experienced in VR i guess)
To understand if it's better or not please use LOD A (original) and LOD A extra that I've made for you. Do not change mod during your test. I've no VR so I cannot help you there. Try mod also without VR with STOCK loda and extra ones. I would like to undertand if it's better or not. (VR introduce some others variables because for example it use shaders AT in different way to make or not transparency so also performance can change)

First all thanks alots for your 516 downloads

1656930504511.png

Then here it is V1.1b

1.1b
Added ODO fonts (missing)
Added extra LODA if you need extra performance, 85000 triangles on body removed with latest SimplygonSDK_10.0.1400.0 inside 3ds max not CM, default is High Mesh Poly but if you have not NASA PC try perf LOD A doing this:

fly_iku_subaru_22b.kn5 to fly_iku_subaru_22b.kn5.old
then
fly_iku_subaru_22b_perf.kn5 to fly_iku_subaru_22b.kn5

Best Regards! Happy Subaru 22b

Last edited:
Some cars for those who like to drift, found randomly looking for something else, as usual, you follow these bread crumbs and end up with something.
I've not seen these before, so might be good for someone?
Official LINK ECU branded stuff. I assume real drivers too.

View attachment 1169028
yep, these are the proper driver names. The cars look like they are reasonably high quality too.

I can't drift very well in AC but I follow it in real life so I'll try these out and probably just end up using them for photos 🤣

Nice find

Acura NSX 2017 updated to version 1.41

Changes
  • Physics overhauled by VRDriving (see details @ car description)
  • Visual (PBR, lighting, models) fixed and improved by Jerry Wei (see details @ car description)
  • Tire models physics overhauled
  • Badge @ interior are separated.
  • Adjustment shader @ Cockpit_LR
  • Digital Instrument Fix
  • Internal shader effects
  • Body colors effects
Thanks VRDriving, Jerry Wei, @El Locho, @Masscot, @Peugeot905, GADU, and people who help me.

for more information, can be found readme.pdf at extras folder.
the link at post before was updated.
please delete the old car in order prevention to bugs and crashes.
Can you also do the Honda branded version please?

aaaannndd its out !!!

No porpoising, disappointing.

Last edited:
Damn, that Eagle hasn't surfaced for a LOOOOOONG time.
I can provide it if you want but it's not a final as it was never really finished properly - lets just say the rework of the rework is a buried project that may never see the light of day.
EDIT: oops I missed that you posted the version you have. Does your one come with the @norms improvements? (shaking exhaust etc)
I think mine is v0.95
I need to take a look at the exhaust (car is my storage), but it is also v0.95 and in the readme @norms isn't mentioned...

EDIT: no, no exhaust shake, no flames either, only smoke.

Last edited:
I need to take a look at the exhaust (car is my storage), but it is also v0.95 and in the readme @norms isn't mentioned...

EDIT: no, no exhaust shake, no flames either, only smoke.
Ah it must have been a special one off that never got released then. This car has ended up as a dead project because it turned out to be a nightmare to make the correct physics for so I won't release my version. It isn't in a complete state and has somewhat experimental physics lol.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back