Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,786 comments
My design genius couldn't be understood by such low class folks, so my drivers declined the offer to join their league and split ways, away of this grotesque patchwork... Or at least that's how history will remember it (I hope).

(they'll still participate in the unofficial events, at least on my side. Hell, I didn't work for nothing haha)
I ran out of steam in the end. Sorry dude! I needed to cut the cord and get this out otherwise I'd still be fiddling with it on Xmas morning.
I temporarily moved all of the skins that I hadn't created myself in order to batch-edit all 45 of my own in PS (which wasn't successful in the end anyway), then started finding some LOD issues with the others due to additional DDS files (wheels, headlights etc), plus a few of them were 21MB DDSes (saved as DXT5, I'm guessing?) but didn't want to edit someone else's skins (and maybe the alpha channel was needed?) so it was easier to leave them out for people to add back in if they wanted to. I also started reworking a few of the originals (Yokohama, Bilstein etc) to get them up to scratch, but again... ran out of time and enthusiasm. There should be enough skins included for massive grids but perhaps someone will be masochistic enough to make additional packs. As you already know, it's not the easiest car to skin for due to the mismatched panels on the template, the lack of flat areas and the scaling that's required to correct the aspect ratio of every single decal (and by different amounts depending on their position on the car). It's torture, really..! :lol:

about the Ai performance of cars, what if we put all the AI.ini values to 1? or at least the most neutral values to all the cars? because Kunos cheated on it to make a bop beetween cars.

For any VR/first person drivers of the Littlebird, here's all colours of the driver suit with adjusted leg/shoe shading to simulate the shadow in the footwell from the dashboard.
Looks a lot better and is something Kunos should really have added at source.
Backup/rename your [...assettocorsa/content/texture/driver_suit/type1] folder and replace it with this one.

original:
1671493010419.jpeg

new:
1671493155773.png

The template is here if you want to do any other suits for other cars: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/driver-suit-shoes-footwell-shadow.56322/

Hello everyone

Very nice mod you have done here Masscot ;)

On my side, I'm pretty new on modding on AC, but for those who remember, I've made the same car on GTL on NoGrip, but it was 10 years ago haha.
NoGrip1.jpg

Today I want to present you my new car, the famous 964 Cup
Screenshot_porsche_964_cup_jlcjb_val_de_vienne_track_16-11-122-23-39-35.jpg

I started this project in june 2022 by reusing some parts from the existing Porsche the 964 turbo from Geroda (don't know if it's rip or full scatch modeling, I contacted him but no answer for now..)

By the way, I redo ton of stuff on it, to fit to the 964 Cup, fenders, bumpers, skirts, trunk, spoiler, interior, wheels, wheels arms, lights, rollcage, wipers, engine, exhaust, all UV's AO's ...a completely new car !

On skin side, I made almost all skins, 37, from the French Porsche Carrera Cup 1992

Screenshot_porsche_964_cup_jlcjb_val_de_vienne_track_16-11-122-23-39-352.jpg

On physic side, I had a great help from Dan!Ger and Velo who setuped all this parts based on real 964 cup spec'

The car is now on test side to be sure to have a good experience.
With Danger, we are also looking to adding it to the BPR recreation mod too'

Hope you like it!
I will keep you posted :D

zOffTy

about the Ai performance of cars, what if we put all the AI.ini values to 1? or at least the most neutral values to all the cars? because Kunos cheated on it to make a bop beetween cars.
They did? I tend to find these values address how they attack corners and when they pull out of the ideal line - don't tell me that's a placebo!

VW Golf Mk1 'Littlebird' release.
The Littlebird. Stiffly sprung and highly strung. Harsher curb stomps than American History X. Sticks like **** to a blanket.
This is not a serious car... but it is serious fun.
Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this bat**** crazy pocket rocket.
Note: some previous skins have been purged for consistency and to keep the file size reasonable. There are 45 fictional skins included. Add the others from the previous car if you want.
This car is slightly slower than its Club Track doner, but needs more driving, more finessing. But don't worry - it's still wonderfully brutal.

v1.70 (Released as a new 'Littlebird' car December 2022, replacing the old Golf Mk1 Club Track, which can now be deleted. Or kept).
Drivetrain swapped from FWD to RWD; Offside wing mirror added; Cockpit AO added (previous VAO patch deleted); Exterior paint parameters corrected; Steering animation tweaked; Shaking exhaust added; Glass tweaked; Aero updated; Rear side window trim fixed; Collider updated; Wheel blur fixed; Steering wheel improved; LODs optimised, rebuilt by hand; Petronas, Burger King, Fanta, NOS, Liqui Moly, Esso, Cadbury, Durex, Littlebird, BioBizz, Uniqlo, Yo! Sushi, Iame, Hot Wheels, Skittles, Domino's, Castrol GTX, Atomq, Lego, Rubik's G-Shock, Adidas, and Sumo Power skins added; MOMO driver kit removed from all skin folders and replaced with skin.ini, except for MOMO car (saving ~12MB per skin folder); Various data updates; UI info updated; 'Littlebird' moniker added because this car chirps, it flies... and will crap on you from a great height if you're not careful.

View attachment 1216901

Download: https://we.tl/t-1ucmFAB7at
Here's a real one for you 😅

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1671501627665.jpg
    FB_IMG_1671501627665.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
I did it, I got a monster truck arena in AC.
I own beamng and a pretty good monster truck game, Its utterly pointless in AC, but i fancied doing it and i did. Its alright, but not really something AC has any right to be good at and it isn't, really. But look good in pics.

Screenshot_monster_trucksuv_dome1_20-11-122-1-3-14.jpg
Screenshot_monster_trucksuv_dome1_20-11-122-1-11-5.jpg

Oh yeah been messing around with driveable shwrooms too.
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_showroomconc_18-11-122-16-38-22.jpg

Last edited:
Really random question so i notice some of mods lets say for example the VRC Audi R8 the default wings the 2000-2001 but you can add the other wings and winglettes. how does one get the AI to use the 2002-2005 wings?

They did? I tend to find these values address how they attack corners and when they pull out of the ideal line - don't tell me that's a placebo!
When you make the ai car turn with more steer, with more grip, and that these values change to all cars, for me yes they play on it.
Into rFactor and GTR2 we didn't had this kind of thing which make the bop easier.

Hello everyone

Very nice mod you have done here Masscot ;)

On my side, I'm pretty new on modding on AC, but for those who remember, I've made the same car on GTL on NoGrip, but it was 10 years ago haha.
View attachment 1216955

Today I want to present you my new car, the famous 964 Cup
View attachment 1216953

I started this project in june 2022 by reusing some parts from the existing Porsche the 964 turbo from Geroda (don't know if it's rip or full scatch modeling, I contacted him but no answer for now..)

By the way, I redo ton of stuff on it, to fit to the 964 Cup, fenders, bumpers, skirts, trunk, spoiler, interior, wheels, wheels arms, lights, rollcage, wipers, engine, exhaust, all UV's AO's ...a completely new car !

On skin side, I made almost all skins, 37, from the French Porsche Carrera Cup 1992

View attachment 1216954

On physic side, I had a great help from Dan!Ger and Velo who setuped all this parts based on real 964 cup spec'

The car is now on test side to be sure to have a good experience.
With Danger, we are also looking to adding it to the BPR recreation mod too'

Hope you like it!
I will keep you posted :D

zOffTy
His 964 is from Forza Motorsport 7. If he throws a tantrum sod it

His 964 is from Forza Motorsport 7. If he throws a tantrum sod it
As far as I can read , there was no tantrum at all in there. He just complements Mascot on his VW Golf mod and then continues on an unrelated topic of having a cool Porsche mod in the making for AC.
So I think you misread/misinterpreted that post...

EDIT : never mind sorry , it was I who misinterpreted it...

O and Happy holidays guys and galls!
Merry Christmas GIF

Last edited:
The Littlebird. Stiffly sprung and highly strung. Harsher curb stomps than American History X. Sticks like **** to a blanket.
Note: some previous skins have been purged for consistency and to keep the file size reasonable. There are 45 fictional skins included. Add the others from the previous car if you want.
This car is slightly slower than its Club Track doner, but needs more driving, more finessing. But don't worry - it's still wonderfully brutal.

v1.70 (Released as a new 'Littlebird' car December 2022, replacing the old Golf Mk1 Club Track, which can now be deleted. Or kept).
Drivetrain swapped from FWD to RWD; Offside wing mirror added; Cockpit AO added (previous VAO patch deleted); Exterior paint parameters corrected; Steering animation tweaked; Shaking exhaust added; Glass tweaked; Aero updated; Rear side window trim fixed; Collider updated; Wheel blur fixed; Steering wheel improved; LODs optimised, rebuilt by hand; Petronas, Burger King, Fanta, NOS, Liqui Moly, Esso, Cadbury, Durex, Littlebird, BioBizz, Uniqlo, Yo! Sushi, Iame, Hot Wheels, Skittles, Domino's, Castrol GTX, Atomq, Lego, Rubik's G-Shock, Adidas, and Sumo Power skins added; MOMO driver kit removed from all skin folders and replaced with skin.ini, except for MOMO car (saving ~12MB per skin folder); Various data updates; UI info updated; 'Littlebird' moniker added because this car chirps, it flies... and will crap on you from a great height if you're not careful.

View attachment 1216901

Mate, just wanted to say thanks to you and anyone else involved in this.

I finally got the chance to D/L it and have a quick go.
What a blast around the ring, so much fun to have an older car where you can give it a bit of heel and toe action.

Moved onto a quick five lap race at Mt Panorama with a full grid, what absolutely manic yet fun chaos.
I've just found my new one make car race to have some fun with. 👍

Mate, just wanted to say thanks to you and anyone else involved in this.

I finally got the chance to D/L it and have a quick go.
What a blast around the ring, so much fun to have an older car where you can give it a bit of heel and toe action.

Moved onto a quick five lap race at Mt Panorama with a full grid, what absolutely manic yet fun chaos.
I've just found my new one make car race to have some fun with. 👍
Excellent! Really pleased it seems to be hitting the spot for so many people. It was always intended that the fun factor would be far more important than numerically-correct physics or data. The car has a rare personality that we wanted to preserve.
Big-grid spec races are an absolute blast. If you haven't raced it at @shi's Old Ring Park yet, get on it. It's where most of the testing took place and is the Littlebird's spiritual home.
BTW, if anyone's having server issues due to a tyre naming convention, sub this data in which fixes the problem (with thanks @saXXXon for the report and @RMi_wood for the update).
Just delete the .txt extension and overwrite the existing data.acd in the car folder.

Attachments

• data.acd.txt
    168.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Really random question so i notice some of mods lets say for example the VRC Audi R8 the default wings the 2000-2001 but you can add the other wings and winglettes. how does one get the AI to use the 2002-2005 wings?
Pretty sure you can do it by forcing the ai to use a setup with those visual mods (since they can be added/removed via setup). Just load the track you choose, select the wings you want, and save the setup as "ai_default" (without quotes).

Sardian Park v1.2

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_330_p4_sardianpark_20-11-122-20-31-59.jpg

A fictional circuit.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

Fictional track created for Sportscar GT by ISI
Conversion to rFactor by Andy Glenn and Bud Lucas with PhilRob and Jose Swervo
Almost completely rebuild by @Zwiss for GTR2
-Thank you for giving me permission (Zwiss)

AC Converted by shin956
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
some textures, Fire truck and ambulance by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.2 changelog;
-Fixed many of the normals.
-Spectators are now supported for camera_facing.
-The model of the cars has been changed.
-Fixed billboard mapping.
-Updated flag, tree and billboard textures.
-Added groove.
-Updated ext_config and VAO-patch.
-Fixed floating objects.
-Changed preview.
-Added logo.png and sections.ini by Fanapryde
-Fixed sinkhole at the escape road on the end of S/F straight.

Last edited:
shi
Sardian Park v1.2

View attachment 1217076
A fictional circuit.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

Fictional track created for Sportscar GT by ISI
Conversion to rFactor by Andy Glenn and Bud Lucas with PhilRob and Jose Swervo
Almost completely rebuild by @Zwiss for GTR2
-Thank you for giving me permission (Zwiss)

AC Converted by shin956
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
some textures, Fire truck and ambulance by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.2 changelog;
-Fixed many of the normals.
-Spectators are now supported for camera_facting.
-The model of the cars has been changed.
-Fixed billboard mapping.
-Updated flag, tree and billboard textures.
-Added groove.
-Updated ext_config and VAO-patch.
-Fixed floating objects.
-Changed preview.
-Added logo.png and sections.ini by Fanapryde
-Fixed sinkhole at the escape road on the end of S/F straight.

massive throwback here. is there anymore of these coming from the legendary Sportscar GT?

Amazed these have stuck in other people's memories as long as they have mine! Even now, I just see the screenshot and think "yep, that's Sardian Heights*, the weirdly modern safety standard all around except turn 1"

*Park

massive throwback here. is there anymore of these coming from the legendary Sportscar GT?

He's already done the other two that I remember:

I think all the other tracks were real weren't they? There was a desert oval but I think that was an unlicenced version of a real course.

I ran out of steam in the end. Sorry dude! I needed to cut the cord and get this out otherwise I'd still be fiddling with it on Xmas morning.
I temporarily moved all of the skins that I hadn't created myself in order to batch-edit all 45 of my own in PS (which wasn't successful in the end anyway), then started finding some LOD issues with the others due to additional DDS files (wheels, headlights etc), plus a few of them were 21MB DDSes (saved as DXT5, I'm guessing?) but didn't want to edit someone else's skins (and maybe the alpha channel was needed?) so it was easier to leave them out for people to add back in if they wanted to. I also started reworking a few of the originals (Yokohama, Bilstein etc) to get them up to scratch, but again... ran out of time and enthusiasm. There should be enough skins included for massive grids but perhaps someone will be masochistic enough to make additional packs. As you already know, it's not the easiest car to skin for due to the mismatched panels on the template, the lack of flat areas and the scaling that's required to correct the aspect ratio of every single decal (and by different amounts depending on their position on the car). It's torture, really..! :lol:
Dude, you made 45 skins. Forty. five.
"Ran out of steam", "It's torture" OH REALLY
No need to be masochistic enough to make a skinpack, you already did, you livery-junkie :crazy:

Yeah some of them were 21ish mb in size, probably because I switched from 2k to 4k in the middle and didn't paid much attention (I remember having trouble making it to work at first, probably ended in DXT3, yeah maybe 5, I dunno). And I didn't paid attention at all at the LODs, but I lost track of the updates I don't know if it was about to be redone or not.

Anyway, many thanks for this gem, sorry for having not really contribute to it in the end ^^ I admit, I kind of ran out of steam for skin-making in general, or sim-racing (something something called Cities Skyline came in the way), that'll most likely will come back soon enough :) I already started on giving a bit more stuff for bazza's legend car packs, we'll see where it goes.

Wow, Sportscar GT, what memories it awakens, I played it to the max, I still remember how partial it was so much ahead that I thought now I can go have a drink, a wonderful game.

Will try those. Thanks. Do you need to have numbers after each hint?
Yes, you have to add "_x" (where x is a progressive number for each type of section)

And what is the difference between HINT and AI_HINT?
My mistake, you have to use [HINT_x]

I've also found this explanation inside a ai_hint.ini:

HINT_x: multiply the radius of the corner seen by the AI. Useful when AI is too fast or too slow in a corner.. usually due to compression/decompressions but there could be other reasons such as hairpin with long straight after and where the AI is going in too hot loosing in exit speed.

BRAKEHINT_x: changes the AI idea of how hard it can brake in that zone.. again some compression and,especially decompression area might need this

DANGER_x: is an hint that kicks in when the AI is engaged and it's informing the AI to take it easy in that section if engaged.. it's used very rarely

Last edited:

View attachment 1216901

anyone know of a good Renault 5 Turbo mod that could be BOPd to this?

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

1.png

I want to make a skin for this car, but...
3.png

The rtm_arta_garaiya_gt500 car presents a somewhat strange mapping, with which one cannot work very well.

2.png

...Seems like they intentionally make things even more complicated for skin creators. :banghead:

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

View attachment 1217306

I want to make a skin for this car, but...
View attachment 1217307

The rtm_arta_garaiya_gt500 car presents a somewhat strange mapping, with which one cannot work very well.

View attachment 1217308

...Seems like they intentionally make things even more complicated for skin creators. :banghead:
It's a typical GT conversion with no effort put in which results in the UV maps being enormously large (hence the clusterf).

You have to manually open it in 3d software and re-size the islands

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back