Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
Very nice to see all these CSP trees tracks coming!!
Thank you guys!
but....... there is something wrong with the trees setup on all the new trees tracks :ill: i guess.
- weird shadows all over the ground besides the CSP trees.

I do not have these bugs on my Autopolis version:

View attachment 1225579
i did not use .bin files in extension folder on Autopolis.
Perhaps these bugs have something to do with the setup of your bin files.

I also noticed the deleted original 2D bushes on Long Beach, on the left side on the start/finish straight. i don't get why to delete details from a track...

I hope updates are coming, because the tracks really look better with the new trees.
(I see the VR problems in here.. but i have no VR)
i noticed in all the new tracks (that's why i put on hold the long beach update which is a very mess), but also on paid tracks like the new Superstage montecarlo rally which has weird shadows. Your autopolis is the only track that don't have them atm (still have to check the update i'm working on with @ludwig6666 if has or not). Maybe you @Mitch9 can talk with ludwig and see if there's a way to bypass this issue so he can avoid creating each time for each update he does?

Yes on RD the link is Dead but You Can find the car on ers discord.
Yes, thanks. Found it in the meantime, but couldn't completely delete my message.
I already had the car, with quite some stuff missing and hoped it was a new version, but it's still the 'old' one.

Rena's Mclaren F1 GTR (BaseV7)
View attachment 1225498

!!! Remove the old one first !!! Open the 7Zip first then drag&drop

New Version LM (less hp and Weight, NA, without TC&ABS)

Changes

-New front banner

-Visual. Interior & Exterior

-Physics

- New Dashboard, fixed low-quality stickers

- New Skin "Gina Cavalli

-Changes in the "ext_config"

-New tires texture

-Optional "for testing or photography"
HDR skins(VERY HEAVY 340MB)

-The sound that the car uses is from "SHR Modding"
-Mod has some bugs I know that. The bug with the raindrops in the cockpit view is because the camera is too close to the windscreen, for now, I don't know how to fix that.

"The car mod is not real and does not present any real-life, bears no resemblance with the video game R: Racing Evolution
Free Download:Patreon

Thanks!
The skin.ini in each of the skin folders don't seem to properly reference the suits that you included. Both drivers are just wearing standard white Sparco stuff.
Also, the driver's hands slide around the wheel. LOCK needs setting to 360 in data/driver3d.ini.

Last edited:
Having some fun with the scriptable texture capability like JohnR did on Road Atlanta 2022. All these changes happen seamlessly depending on the time of year. Unfortunately there is no way to do a gradual change. Or maybe there is and I just don't know how.
Haven't tried it yet, but you should be able to use as many texture replacement conditions as you like:

Code:
function script.update(dt)
    if seasonal[1] == "0" then
        return end

-- spring (start of april - start of june)
    if ac.getSim().dayOfYear > 90 and ac.getSim().dayOfYear < 150 then
        meshtrees:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', springTex1)
        meshtrees2:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', springTex2)
        meshtrees3:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', springTex3)
        meshtrees4:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', springTex4)

-- fall (start of october - mid november)
    elseif ac.getSim().dayOfYear >= 274 and ac.getSim().dayOfYear < 320 then
        meshtrees:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', fallTex1)
        meshtrees2:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', fallTex2)
        meshtrees3:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', fallTex3)
        meshtrees4:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', fallTex4)

-- winter (mid of november - end of march)
    elseif ac.getSim().dayOfYear >= 320 or ac.getSim().dayOfYear < 90 then
        meshtrees:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplace)
        meshtrees2:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplace2)
        meshtrees3:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplace3)
        meshtrees4:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplace4)

-- rest of the year
    else
        meshtrees:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplaceoriginal)
        meshtrees2:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplaceoriginal2)
        meshtrees3:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplaceoriginal3)
        meshtrees4:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplaceoriginal4)
    end
end

Last edited:

A small GT skin pack for the ACTK Mosler MT900 race car if anyone would like to download it.

Screenshot_exmods_mosler_mt900r_gt_ks_barcelona_25-0-123-3-46-5.jpg

Screenshot_exmods_mosler_mt900r_gt_00_acopone_26-0-123-1-47-53.jpgScreenshot_exmods_mosler_mt900r_gt_00_acopone_26-0-123-1-46-54.jpgScreenshot_exmods_mosler_mt900r_gt_00_acopone_26-0-123-1-46-14.jpgScreenshot_exmods_mosler_mt900r_gt_00_acopone_26-0-123-1-45-24.jpg

A small GT skin pack for the ACTK Mosler MT900 race car if anyone would like to download it.

View attachment 1225695
View attachment 1225696View attachment 1225697View attachment 1225698View attachment 1225699
it's a FIA GT 2000's car ????

Last edited:
sportsland-sugo:
View attachment 1225112
-grass
-3d trees
-spectators

still missing:
-lights

original version by: Maneking
3dtrees: ElLocho + M08Autopolis
Very nice to see all these CSP trees tracks coming!!
Thank you guys!
but....... there is something wrong with the trees setup on all the new trees tracks :ill: i guess.
- weird shadows all over the ground besides the CSP trees.

I do not have these bugs on my Autopolis version:

View attachment 1225579
i did not use .bin files in extension folder on Autopolis.
Perhaps these bugs have something to do with the setup of your bin files.

I also noticed the deleted original 2D bushes on Long Beach, on the left side on the start/finish straight. i don't get why to delete details from a track...

I hope updates are coming, because the tracks really look better with the new trees.
(I see the VR problems in here.. but i have no VR)
Some random feedback based on further observations...

Notwithstanding the FPS declinable affect (not by much), these 3D Trees can be a great visual improvement on tracks - so I too welcome them... However...

...some other unintended consequences (only two for me so far) is (i) replay-cams can be somewhat affected, eg. Sportsland SUGO, and (ii) existing visual-markers can too be affected (obscured).

So, I'll give these a tweak in due course, and post a revised version set of cams here for those that enjoy replay mode...

Since a few days we have the public available TESLA Model X Plaid from VR driving in AC. I know that this car is just insane, like in real life. Putting +1.000 HP in a SUV-type car.

View attachment 1225548

Unfortunately this car shows a very strange behaviour: The AI drives into the pit after the first lap and is not able to come out again. Has anybody a idea what is going on here? Thank you.
Looks as if we'll also need to place 'Supercharging Stations' along the pitlane (humour)... Can you imagine the pit crew refueling an EV mod :lol:... Other than risking an entire pit building power-outage, it would look so visually-boring to say the least.

Happy racing! ;)

edit: refueling an EV will most likely be done by a battery-swap...

Last edited:
Hey has anyone got this annoying problem on RMi's Ambush Canyon where the car just unexpectedly sink into the ground when trying to cross the bridge before the start line? I have no idea why this keeps on happening & i don't know how to resolve this.
1674724884584.png

a really cool car. Thanx for your work. Do you plan to do some real life liveries as well?
Thanks. Im not amazing at making liveries just yet so I’ll take a look and see if any are doable. Also depends on if I can find all the decals which with cars like the Mosler can be a real challenge.

it's a FIA GT 2000's car ????
This version of the car is fictional but in real life there was the Mosler MT900R that ran in GT1/GTS in the early 2000s. Also the Mosler MT900 GT3 which was made in 2006.

You can give the fictional AC version here a bit of weight and it acts as a pretty good stand-in for the real car. But this cars aero is much more extreme than the real car.

No longer available on RaceDepartment. This is the second time in a matter of days that they've had it, and their account removed.

Attachments

• ERS.jpg
    ERS.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 13
Thanks!
The skin.ini in each of the skin folders don't seem to properly reference the suits that you included. Both drivers are just wearing standard white Sparco stuff.
Also, the driver's hands slide around the wheel. LOCK needs setting to 360 in data/driver3d.ini.
Both are wearing standard white Sparco Gloves only, also the wheel is locked at 250 data/driver3d.ini.
If you see in kunos Mclaren the wheel lock in the car.ini is 210 and in the driver3d.ini is 360. maybe the animation from the (steer. ksanim) is only 360? I think that is the problem, that's why I leave the data open so people can change whatever they like
I check both cars and the 7zip file that I upload and it seems to be fine.
The 4KHDR folder has only the skins (only the .dds that change the car skin)
__custom_showroom_1674727796.jpg
__custom_showroom_1674727807.jpg

Both are wearing standard white Sparco Gloves only, also the wheel is locked at 250 data/driver3d.ini.
If you see in kunos Mclaren the wheel lock in the car.ini is 210 and in the driver3d.ini is 360. maybe the animation from the (steer. ksanim) is only 360? I think that is the problem, that's why I leave the data open so people can change whatever they like
I check both cars and the 7zip file that I upload and it seems to be fine.
The 4KHDR folder has only the skins (only the .dds that change the car skin)
View attachment 1225740View attachment 1225741
great job mate wit hyour macca, but I noticed your version is more than 5-10% bigger than reallife one.
you plane to fix that one?

Wow, the 2020 lidar data looks great. I guess TreeFX* wouldn't be a problem performance-wise…/…
*) now I wonder why there are so many trees on this old version:

For the same reason that certain modders add trees or background mountains, where there are non IRL:to make a track look better. While that sometimes is indeed the case, it shouldn’t be done for real tracks. For fictional tracks it’s no problem.

Last edited:
Haven't tried it yet, but you should be able to use as many texture replacement conditions as you like:

Code:
function script.update(dt)
    if seasonal[1] == "0" then
        return end

-- spring (start of april - start of june)
    if ac.getSim().dayOfYear > 90 and ac.getSim().dayOfYear < 150 then
        meshtrees:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', springTex1)
        meshtrees2:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', springTex2)
        meshtrees3:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', springTex3)
        meshtrees4:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', springTex4)

-- fall (start of october - mid november)
    elseif ac.getSim().dayOfYear >= 274 and ac.getSim().dayOfYear < 320 then
        meshtrees:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', fallTex1)
        meshtrees2:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', fallTex2)
        meshtrees3:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', fallTex3)
        meshtrees4:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', fallTex4)

-- winter (mid of november - end of march)
    elseif ac.getSim().dayOfYear >= 320 or ac.getSim().dayOfYear < 90 then
        meshtrees:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplace)
        meshtrees2:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplace2)
        meshtrees3:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplace3)
        meshtrees4:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplace4)

-- rest of the year
    else
        meshtrees:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplaceoriginal)
        meshtrees2:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplaceoriginal2)
        meshtrees3:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplaceoriginal3)
        meshtrees4:setMaterialTexture('txDiffuse', texreplaceoriginal4)
    end
end
I tried doing it that way originally and it didn't work. Guess I could try it again using your code since you know more about this stuff than I do. Maybe I had some kind of typo I missed when setting it up. Thanks for the info...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back