Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,751 comments
Actually, there should be any motif from assetto on the laptop, right?
Some would say stop encouraging me...

Screenshot_2021_nascar_silverado_soffshelf_24-2-123-14-32-26.jpg
Screenshot_etrc_scania_t_soff_24-2-123-14-37-51.jpg

Annnnd another helmet....

Screenshot_legion_formula_vee_mugello_24-2-123-14-47-51.jpg
Screenshot_legion_formula_vee_mugello_24-2-123-14-50-41.jpg

TVR Tamora 2002 Public Release!!!!
Download:
Converted From Gran Turismo 6 By Peter Crill
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics
-Working Wipers
-Self Ligth
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@takum1,@Mascot,and others

We are also happy to announce that our Realesed mods are now also available on FileMissing Discord, a place where you can find your favorite mods from all creators, all organized by name and category.
You can also find moding tuturials and a comunity always there to help
There are also weekly hotlap events and weekly races and events.
Join now Using this link

View attachment 1242191View attachment 1242192View attachment 1242193View attachment 1242194
Can you add the font file to the download link?

Do you know if this 3.8 RSR is near to release ?
And what about the Biturbo ?
Thanks
Zoffty is a team member of the BPR Recreation Project. The car will be released at the same time as the Vallelunga 4H, hopefully around end of April. The Bi-Turbo is in the makes as well. For the Bi-Turbo we do not know a possible release date yet. Not to forget some other 964s like the Carrera 4, the Carrera RS and the 911 Turbo S-LM GT...... A lot of work, but we do our best.

as far as i remember, if you try to unpack an encrypted data, you can extract the files, but they are totally destroyed and unreadable.

Unfortunatly like @CrisT86 said, i was talking about the upper levels of encryption, where the unpacking of the data files is crypted so you cannot modify it really. I was thinking maybe if you could add via ext_config a code like "apply to ai.ini =something-something" but I don't think it's possible (ext_config is suppose to be for everything non-data related, right ?)

I see two points (there may be more) :
  • You can have an unencrypted mod but if you rename its root folder name BEFORE unpacking data, data will be gibberish.
  • Some encrypted mod can be open in showroom, and its data can be unpacked but... the mod will make AC crash if some data files are modified. I saw mods where power.lut could not be modified but engine.ini still could...

So, unless the mod is super-top-level quality, ENCRYPTION = DELETION. That's all ;)

Question, have any of y'all had issues with the android auto in modded and (add-ons for) KS cars? Was trying to enjoy the youtube function on the android auto but it was just constantly loading, but it never would load per say. I do have good/fast internet or do i just need to try a video and then another after that for it to work?

Released : Renault Laguna Touring Car

here is my Renault in Version 1.0
-add lods
-add new physics (not real but better as the old)
-add new wheels
Hi . Great car but the skins that were made for the original F302 car don’t work on the new version. Any help please.

Very nice app and very easy to use:

I'm planting in Paul Ricard right now :)
Hopefully you are planting the right Umbrella pine trees…

Question, have any of y'all had issues with the android auto in modded and (add-ons for) KS cars? Was trying to enjoy the youtube function on the android auto but it was just constantly loading, but it never would load per say. I do have good/fast internet or do i just need to try a video and then another after that for it to work?
youtube seemed to have made changes to its api which breaks it with csp atm

Hi Experienced modders, got another que here. I am trying to work on a converted car model and trying to mirror an object in 3ds max, but the object lost its normals and smoothness after mirroring it either by the simple mirror as a copy function, or iwth either mirror or symmetry modifier. What is the proper way to smooth objects for AC mods? Thanks
When working in polygon mode, the command panel has a Polygons Smoothing Groups section. It shows a grid of numbers. You can assign smoothing groups, by number, to individual or groups of polygons, or use the auto feature by setting an angle value. As with most things in 3DsMax, it's not very intuitive and the interface is a little clunky, but experiment with it, watch the results in the viewport, and you'll begin to understand how it works.

Click a polygon, and a number should turn blue, unless no smoothing groups are assigned. You can then click on that number to unassign the group number or click on the "Clear All" button, and click on another. When you select a group of polygons, you may see numbers that aren't highlighted, but have a square around them. This shows that your selected group has polygons with more than one group assigned. If you're certain you want the group of polygons you've selected to only be a part of one group, click the "Clear All" button, then assign a number.

When assigning groups manually, it can get a little tricky. You may have a model with three different groups of polygons you want smoothed. Say you want the left, center, and right to be smoothed separately. If you've assigned numbers to the left and right, then the center section needs to be a totally different number than the other two.

This tutorial is okay. He first applies smoothing settings using the top horizontal panel, but later in the video, he starts using the Polygons Smoothing Groups in the vertical command panel.

Last edited:
That will save me some time trying it out, should you publish it.
You have to find the 3D model of the tree you want. Like these:

I was just experimenting with Paul Ricard (ugliest trees ever). I have to find more proper trees.

Is there an easy way to remove the 2D trees from a track?
You can use the object inspector to get the mesh names for the trees and then add this code to your ext_config file.

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION =
MESHES = mesh_name1, mesh_name2 (name of the tree meshes)
IS_RENDERABLE= 0

There might be a way to do it by material name (which could make it easier if the track has a ton of tree meshes), but i've never had to hide a large number of meshes so I always use this.

When working in polygon mode, the command panel has a Polygons Smoothing Groups section. It shows a grid of numbers. You can assign smoothing groups, by number, to individual or groups of polygons, or use the auto feature by setting an angle value. As with most things in 3DsMax, it's not very intuitive and the interface is a little clunky, but experiment with it, watch the results in the viewport, and you'll begin to understand how it works.

Click a polygon, and a number should turn blue, unless no smoothing groups are assigned. You can then click on that number to unassign the group number or click on the "Clear All" button, and click on another. When you select a group of polygons, you may see numbers that aren't highlighted, but have a square around them. This shows that your selected group has polygons with more than one group assigned. If you're certain you want the group of polygons you've selected to only be a part of one group, click the "Clear All" button, then assign a number.

When assigning groups manually, it can get a little tricky. You may have a model with three different groups of polygons you want smoothed. Say you want the left, center, and right to be smoothed separately. If you've assigned numbers to the left and right, then the center section needs to be a totally different number than the other two.

This tutorial is okay. He first applies smoothing settings using the top horizontal panel, but later in the video, he starts using the Polygons Smoothing Groups in the vertical command panel.

will check out the video and try that, thanks for your reply!

I was just experimenting with Paul Ricard (ugliest trees ever). I have to find more proper trees.
Except for some very bad or unfinished track conversions, I think the ugliest 2D trees are the one from the @Ginot-team made for the Pau city circuit https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-pau-historique-1967.15617/ and the 1974 version.

BTW, if being interested in the Pau city circuit it’s better to go for this track mod https://tm-modding.eu/download-category/assetto-corsa-track-mods/ its missing the real vintage immersion but its much better made.

Last edited:
Sorry, that was me. As the best rendition of Pikes Peak in AC (by some margin), I assumed people would be happy to be alerted to the updated version, and more importantly, grateful to the modder for putting their time into it - I certainly was, thank you 🙏🏻
I've tried most (all?) tracks by GabenHood and I really enjoyed them.

Sorry, that was me. As the best rendition of Pikes Peak in AC (by some margin), I assumed people would be happy to be alerted to the updated version, and more importantly, grateful to the modder for putting their time into it - I certainly was, thank you 🙏🏻
Its a public video, do as you please. He annoyed me, you didn't. Apologies if it seemed that I was annoyed at you.

For everyone else, I'll address the most common complaints once and for all. I'll just say it like it is.

* I don't make super good videos or tracks. I'm aware, there are some amazing creators out there im not even trying to compete with.

* Most of the time in my video these days i'm just sending it with a controller trying not to bin it because setting up vr+wheel in the middle of a modding session is a pain. Plus i'm often modding late at night and don't want to be waking those near and dear to me while i play pretend race car driver in my office.

* I prefer releasing on youTube as keeps me in the loop of view numbers, which helps me decide what gets updated next.

* I am not interested in YouTube money or sharemod clicks, I use them simply because they work and are free on my end as well as yours. Period. If you can't figure out how to use a web browser safely in 2023 you're gonna get a lot worse than whatever a trackmod link will give you.

* I do this as a bit of a laugh, im not a professional, I started with Bobs track builder back in the day, I dabbled in racetrack builder and have been slowly figuring out 3DSMax with zero prior knowledge.

* All these tracks would exist on my hard drive anyway. You literally can't stop me from doing what I want to do. I do not work for you, I am not yours to command but I will listen if you're at least polite. There was never really a time in the beginning when thought I would release anything. I was kind of talked into it.

* DiRT rally rips are a pain to do, no 20 minute copy/pastas will get you more than 5 fps. (Nor can they be done in 20 mins anyway) Ask respected member RMiwood if im lying about that fact.

* I am only home for 1/3 of my life thanks to horrible job, slave to the wage, real life, adult responsibilities and fatherhood. In my one week home out of three I try to do what I can but sometimes I simply don't have the time to find every bug or beta test drive for hours. If you find a bug, GREAT! Let me know without being a child and ill do my best to look into it.

I think that will do. If you don't like any of the above and see one of my tracks out in the wild just move along sonny, nothing to see here.

tl:dr don't be a sook, its just pretend racey cars

Thanks bro... Have you gotten the Marlboro liveries since your post-date? If not just go back to the download-post and download the text-file instead, which has all links. As mentioned on that post, found out later that links on YT are not clickable, and are also truncated - so in effect - not able to copy and paste, unless I give them my mobile-number to authenticate - which is never going to happen.

Sorry for the late reply mate! Yes I have got them now ! And I must say very nice ! Thank you! Got a soft spot for the old 91 300zx as I owned one ! very beautiful car!! just another question ! Have you plans of doing the skins into a set? like your Gulf one and ect? :-) Cheers Kiff!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back