Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
The more I play it, the more I like it. The servers aren't holding up though. Lots of issues tonight and now the EA servers themselves seem down again...

This might convince me to get back to online gaming. Its a beautiful game. The only thing thing that's holding me back is the ping. My average ping is 400-600 and I frequently go beyond 800. That in my end is almost 2 seconds of delay.

I finally witnessed a sandstorm and oh god my frame rate dropped to like 10. I wish this game had lower graphics settings

Hopefully PS4 servers will be better this weekend so I can give it a proper try.

Really have to get used to the setting. At first I was like yay awesome but now I'm playing it, it's so different woah completely throwing my playing style in the bin. I never ever liked sniping in the previous BF games but now I'm constantly sniping. Went through the roof when I killed a guy on the other side of the map. Really have to get used to the throwing range, feels too short. Had a few unexpected falls through rooftops due to people blowing them up, which is pretty awesome to do to someone else I guess :P

Been passenger in a plane a few times but it's pretty hard to shoot another plane when not flying in a straight line..

Not sure I'm going to buy with these other games coming out. Maybe later when I'm done with NMS and soon Maffia 3.

Really have to get used to the setting. At first I was like yay awesome but now I'm playing it, it's so different woah completely throwing my playing style in the bin. I never ever liked sniping in the previous BF games but now I'm constantly sniping. Went through the roof when I killed a guy on the other side of the map. Really have to get used to the throwing range, feels too short. Had a few unexpected falls through rooftops due to people blowing them up, which is pretty awesome to do to someone else I guess :P

Been passenger in a plane a few times but it's pretty hard to shoot another plane when not flying in a straight line..

Not sure I'm going to buy with these other games coming out. Maybe later when I'm done with NMS and soon Maffia 3.
Yes the tossing is fast and short but I noticed you can equip mini frags and they can be thrown farther, though less damage. Tossing those anti tank grenades must have been one hell of a work out though.

I tried the scout class and I'm not sure if sniping is easier or I was getting lucky cause I usually am terrible. I will say I am loving the medic class, semi automatic rifle is such a blast!

Long time BF fan here and just tried the beta for the first time. So so disappointed, looks great but plays like utter s****e.

Long time BF fan here and just tried the beta for the first time. So so disappointed, looks great but plays like utter s****e.

Don't give up on it yet, The map is not great so much so that a lot of the community are asking for St Quentins Scar to be added in. Scar was a much better map in terms of diversity and the way you can play. Basically on Sinai if your not a scout or vehicle your at a major disadvantage. Whereas on scar all classes were viable and it seemed more like classic battlefield. Sinai desert feels like silk road or armored kill maps. Size over function doesnt normally work as historically the huge maps arent that well recieved. Because of this I think it was a poor choice for the Beta as it doesn't facilitate all playing styles and classes like Scar did.

Gave the Cavalry class a go today and it has quickly became my favourite. The Russian 1895 and M1911 combined with the ability to regain ammo and health quickly meant I was able to go through over 10 minutes on Rush in a single life

I cannot for the life of me use any of the other classes aside from the bolt/lever action scout class. :lol: Fine by me though, loving this Gewher. :D Is it it possible to get the SMLE (Lee Enfield DICE...ENFIELD, only they called it SMLE) Carbine?

I heard conquest mode are changed in a way.
Yes, it gives a **** ton of points for capping points.

Is there any way to get a 'normal' (not the anti tank one) Bolt-action without a scope in the beta?

Is there any way to get a 'normal' (not the anti tank one) Bolt-action without a scope in the beta?
Gewher 95 "rifleman", highly, highly recommend it. Straight pull and a nice set of iron sights. Plus massive bayonet. :D

It's unfortunate we just have the one right now. :/
Two, actually. The Russian 1898 and the Gewehr 98 both have the 'rifleman' variant which doesn't have a scope.

Also if you spawn on a horse you get the rifleman version of the Russian 1898.

Two, actually. The Russian 1898 and the Gewehr 98 both have the 'rifleman' variant which doesn't have a scope.

Also if you spawn on a horse you get the rifleman version of the Russian 1898.
Forgot about those two. :embarrassed: How do you rank up the classes by the way? Is the SMLE Carbine available/does it have iron sights?

How do you rank up the classes by the way?
This I would definitely like to know. I've played almost 10 matches of conquest and 2 of Rush and the only thing I've unlocked is Grenades, even though I've gotten plenty of kills with both the Medic and Scout classes and still haven't unlocked anything for them.

This I would definitely like to know. I've played almost 10 matches of conquest and 2 of Rush and the only thing I've unlocked is Grenades, even though I've gotten plenty of kills with both the Medic and Scout classes and still haven't unlocked anything for them.
Glad its not just me then. :lol:

I been playing a lot of it recently, and conquest of course will always be a pain and the amount of space of the map is a whole lot bigger than Battlefield 3 and the guns are a bit awkward to use but I am getting used to it. Controlling the Train was a fun as hell experience due to seeing how much damage it could do, and blowing the whistle was all I did to be honest.

The weapons are pretty decent though it's strange using guns that have the magazine on the side and the top because it sways like crazy when you shoot. Sniping was never my strong suit but somethimes the hits don't register and of course I end up dying.

It's been pretty fun, just having to switch play styles from CoD to BF and back is a pain.

This is fun.

Just had someone in the chat tell me no one in the real world cares about tanks when I gave my opinion on the Renault FT17. :lol:

Also managed to drive said tank around the sniper positions in that rock tower between F and G without falling off.

I remember having a wild moment yesterday in rush; i was inside one of the houses but when i exited the house i see a tank riding sideways in the wall aproaching me head on and i was like: "NOPE, NOPE , NOPE IM GOING BACK INTO THE HOUSE NOPE." :lol:

Back