Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Last edited:
Photo Art from Kenya - Masai Mara

Wilderbeast Migration Crossing the Mara River

P1060755.JPG

FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge

Road Racers

This tune is created in line with the FITT competition regulations outlined here

Acura NSX LM Race Car '91
(Painted in GT Gunmetal 004-W)

517PP
377 BHP
1045kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Sports Medium Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/115
13.50/16.50
5/3
6/3
2/6
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.115
2nd 2.426
3rd 1.853
4th 1.492
5th 1.257
Set final gear to 3.400

FC LSD
10/8/20

Set power limiter to 95.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 2

Downforce
F/R
150/350

Tuned with TCS 0 and ABS 1 only. Grip set to real in Arcade mode.

Twin Motegi East Course

View attachment 203619
View attachment 203620

Special Stage Route 5

View attachment 203617
View attachment 203618

Thanks for posting it here.. I'll look into this one with a keen eye. This car was one of my all time favorites in GT5. Had me many fine battles with that car. You better have done the car justice or i'm coming after you with a hammer. (a hammer is the solution to all problems if one asks a certain Mr Clarkson)

Thanks for posting it here.. I'll look into this one with a keen eye. This car was one of my all time favorites in GT5. Had me many fine battles with that car. You better have done the car justice or i'm coming after you with a hammer. (a hammer is the solution to all problems if one asks a certain Mr Clarkson)
This car was one sonovabitch to tune. This tune needs finesse in slow, tight corners. Nice in fast flowing corners and the brakes are good after a lap of warming the tyres and brakes up so they work as they should. This tune isn't one to throw around, it will unbalance itself, I am trying a new style to see what the FITT testers think of it. :)

This car was one sonovabitch to tune. This tune needs finesse in slow, tight corners. Nice in fast flowing corners and the brakes are good after a lap of warming the tyres and brakes up so they work as they should. This tune isn't one to throw around, it will unbalance itself, I am trying a new style to see what the FITT testers think of it. :)

Sounds just like the one i ran in GT5. I think that this car and i will get along just fine..

Sounds just like the one i ran in GT5. I think that this car and i will get along just fine..
I certainly hope it does. :) Will put me in good stead for the FITT competition. If you are a fan of a car you really drive the wheel nuts off, you should try out my FITT Mini Cooper. It will probably fit your driving style down to a t.

I certainly hope it does. :) Will put me in good stead for the FITT competition. If you are a fan of a car you really drive the wheel nuts off, you should try out my FITT Mini Cooper. It will probably fit your driving style down to a t.

Is that so?! Is that tune available in this thread?

Is that so?! Is that tune available in this thread?
All my FITT tunes are published in this thread and I link back to them from the FITT competitions. If you go to the bottom of Post number 3 on page 1. you will see all my previous FITT entry. The one you need for the Mini is the FITT Hot Hatch Competition.

All my FITT tunes are published in this thread and I link back to them from the FITT competitions. If you go to the bottom of Post number 3 on page 1. you will see all my previous FITT entry. The one you need for the Mini is the FITT Hot Hatch Competition.

Thanks.. Will have a look at that one..

From what i could tell just by looking at the setup it seems to be really stiff. (yes, i know.. That's what she said.) Can't believe i just went there... I dun goofed now:dopey:

2nd part to the Wilder beast Crossing.

This splash is a crocodile drowning a baby wilder beast who decided to swim back across because it thought that its mum was on the other side. Amazing sight to see the Croc drowning a wilder beast. It really was a safari out there :)

P1060756.JPG

Still in need of luck or skill to get 1st place at Nurburgring. I managed to only have one excursion into the grass with my Audi R10 Stealth Model tune but still 6 seconds behind the leader :( Nissan GT-R Stealth was a 4th place finish because I kept falling of the track. I lack the driving finesse to excel at Nurburgring I think. Ill keep trying tomorrow and see what happens. :)

Still in need of luck or skill to get 1st place at Nurburgring. I managed to only have one excursion into the grass with my Audi R10 Stealth Model tune but still 6 seconds behind the leader :( Nissan GT-R Stealth was a 4th place finish because I kept falling of the track. I lack the driving finesse to excel at Nurburgring I think. Ill keep trying tomorrow and see what happens. :)

Have you tried the detuned Pescarolo C60 Hybrid? That car would probably be your best bet at this moment. It's quite forgiving. But i guess that doesn't mean a thing if one doesn't have "the flow" needed to succeed on the track at hand.

Nurb is called "the green hell" for a reason, and a good reason too. What i've worked out to be the key to success here is to be patient with the overtaking. You don't want to be too eager with the passes. Pick the spots where you know you can pass without issue. A thumbrule i use is to overtake them into corners by the means of outbraking them or at the exits. If you find yourself in a car that lacks speed on the straight bits, draft draft and draft.

While being on the subject of exits. You don't want to overcook it. Throttle control is key. One more thing. Slow in, fast out is the method of choice for this track. The faster curves and bends shouldn't be much of an issue if you nail the line and have a clear shot free from opponents.

Sorry for going all "Yoda" on you here but as they say.. If you first don't succeed. Try, try again.

Keep your cool and let the car speak to you.

In essence: Be the car.

:cheers:

Just increase the TC a bit and maybe AS :) The Toyota TS030 forgives a lot so i'm sure you can do it 👍

It will come mate:tup:

Shaun if you don't mind me asking what driver aid settings have you been using on Nurburgring:cheers:

Just tested the two FITT cars, Shaun.. As i suspected, the NSX and i got along like a duck to water. The mini cooper brought out the inner hooligan in me while giving me an evil grin on me face.. Had some funny races with both of them.

I'll be on the lookout for more of your FITT tuned cars in the future.

Well done m8.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

597PP
545 BHP
1050kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Chance

FC Suspension

F/R
55/60
17.50/19.00
6/6
5/6
2/4
2.2/3.5
-0.12/0.17

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.081
2nd 2.412
3rd 1.918
4th 1.556
5th 1.313
6th 1.146
Set final gear to 2.760

FC LSD
10/14/22

Set power limiter at 100.0%
all power parts standard

Downforce 400/650

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 201796
View attachment 201797

Gold on the new Seasonal GT500 Super Lap on Laguna Seca 14/08/14.

Wicked tune Shaun...it really goes well on here....just had to change Drivetrain to 8.8.10 to stop wheel spin when acclerating out off corner and camber to 0.0 0.0.

There are quicker times to be had with this tune...in the right hands..cheers mate...:bowdown:
20140814_075327.jpg

Last edited:
FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge

Road Racers

This tune is created in line with the FITT competition regulations outlined here

Acura NSX LM Race Car '91
(Painted in GT Gunmetal 004-W)

517PP
377 BHP
1045kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Sports Medium Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/115
13.50/16.50
5/3
6/3
2/6
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.115
2nd 2.426
3rd 1.853
4th 1.492
5th 1.257
Set final gear to 3.400

FC LSD
10/8/20

Set power limiter to 95.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 2

Downforce
F/R
150/350

Tuned with TCS 0 and ABS 1 only. Grip set to real in Arcade mode.

Twin Motegi East Course

View attachment 203619
View attachment 203620

Special Stage Route 5

View attachment 203617
View attachment 203618
Handles really well good solid tune was trying it out on the 600pp races against the ai:)

It will come mate:tup:

Shaun if you don't mind me asking what driver aid settings have you been using on Nurburgring:cheers:
I have been using Anti Crash mode (SRF) and I have been flicking between 2-4 on TCS and 1 on ABS. I don't think the aids being increased will help me out. SRF does a little bit but its my lack of nurburgring talent that is costing me the gold on this one. I am going to keep practicing today though as I'm not at work.

Just tested the two FITT cars, Shaun.. As i suspected, the NSX and i got along like a duck to water. The mini cooper brought out the inner hooligan in me while giving me an evil grin on me face.. Had some funny races with both of them.

I'll be on the lookout for more of your FITT tuned cars in the future.

Well done m8.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Thank you. Thats good to hear. Gotta wait and see what the testers make of this tune now :) The Mini Cooper is a barrel of laughs. I tuned it to be fun and thats what it was. It got some good reviews from the FITT testers too. That was a plus really. I loved the handling aspects that this particular tune has.

Handles really well good solid tune was trying it out on the 600pp races against the ai:)
Out of interest, did this tune win against the 600PP cars?

I have been using Anti Crash mode (SRF) and I have been flicking between 2-4 on TCS and 1 on ABS. I don't think the aids being increased will help me out. SRF does a little bit but its my lack of nurburgring talent that is costing me the gold on this one. I am going to keep practicing today though as I'm not at work.

Thank you. Thats good to hear. Gotta wait and see what the testers make of this tune now :) The Mini Cooper is a barrel of laughs. I tuned it to be fun and thats what it was. It got some good reviews from the FITT testers too. That was a plus really. I loved the handling aspects that this particular tune has.

Out of interest, did this tune win against the 600PP cars?
Yep every time so far the tour of America races were the easy ones not tried on the seasonals think that will be harder for me anyways as I'm not that good a driver:)
It does tend to lose out a little on acceleration compared to the ai but top speed and late breaking will see you to the finish line first:)

Toyota GT86 '12 (Drift Seasonal Setup)
Read bottom of this post before applying changes to your car.

491PP
335 BHP
1101 kgs
Weight Dist 50:50

Comfort Hard Tyres

Change Oil
Aero Kit Type A only

All other aero parts standard
I fitted Rays 57Gainer wheels on my from the standard size section
Painted with Millennium Jade Paint from a Nissan.

FC Sus

F/R
100/105
5.00/4.50
6/6
5/7
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.26

Racing Brake Kit
2/8

FC Trans
Set final gear to 4.800
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 4.280
2nd 3.020
3rd 2.259
4th 1.770
5th 1.446
6th 1.223
Set final gear to 4.900

FC LSD
45/50/12
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

all other engine parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 71kgs to Position 50

I achieved on my first attempt, once I set this up, a score of 7983. This tune is capable of more than this if you want to spend the time to perfect each section.

Notes for tune:
1. Add Aero Kit Type A
2. Change wheels (if desired)
3. Add power upgrades and apply power limiter
4. Weight Reduction and add ballast
5. Check PP and it should need the oil Changing. If your PP is out of range do not change oil and adjust power limiter to reach PP.
6. Set gear box once all power upgrade and engine work has been completed.

gt86seasonal-jpg.159782

Last edited:
Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera (Drift Seasonal Setup)

550PP
504 BHP
1275kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Comfort Hard Tyres
Change Oil

FC Sus

F/R
75/80
9.75/9.00
6/7
5/7
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.14/0.25

Racing Brake Kit
2/8

FC Trans
Set final gear to 4.500
set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.383
2nd 2.627
3rd 2.069
4th 1.679
5th 1.424
6th 1.259
Set final gear to 4.560

FC LSD
45/50/10
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 98.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Downforce
F/R
200/300
Ballast - Set 29kgs to Position 50

This very rough drift tune achieved a score of 9522. This tune was 4 mins of tuning on my part so its not perfect but it does the job. :)

amuse380-jpg.124161

Toyota GT86 '12 (Drift Seasonal Setup)
Read bottom of this post before applying changes to your car.

491PP
335 BHP
1101 kgs
Weight Dist 50:50

Comfort Hard Tyres

Change Oil
Aero Kit Type A only

All other aero parts standard
I fitted Rays 57Gainer wheels on my from the standard size section
Painted with Millennium Jade Paint from a Nissan.

FC Sus

F/R
100/105
5.00/4.50
6/6
5/7
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.26

Racing Brake Kit
2/8

FC Trans
Set final gear to 4.800
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 4.280
2nd 3.020
3rd 2.259
4th 1.770
5th 1.446
6th 1.223
Set final gear to 4.900

FC LSD
45/50/12
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 71kgs to Position 50

I achieved on my first attempt, once I set this up, a score of 7983. This tune is capable of more than this if you want to spend the time to perfect each section.

Notes for tune:
1. Add Aero Kit Type A
2. Change wheels (if desired)
3. Add power upgrades and apply power limiter
4. Weight Reduction and add ballast
5. Check PP and it should need the oil Changing. If your PP is out of range do not change oil and adjust power limiter to reach PP.
6. Set gear box once all power upgrade and engine work has been completed.

gt86seasonal-jpg.159782
Look's like you are fully back :bowdown: Your Drift Tunes brought me 2 Gold , cheers Shaun :cheers:

Look's like you are fully back :bowdown: Your Drift Tunes brought me 2 Gold , cheers Shaun :cheers:
I wouldn't say fully back yet... I am really struggling to get a good setup on the GTO for the FITT Challenge. I mistakenly put CS tyres on a tune which should have been CM and now I'm having to strip back the car to eek all the grip of these less grippy tyres. :( Nightmare really.. never mind eh.

@chrisspeed281 - What tune did you use for the 600PP SH time trial? I am trying to make a SH tune for a Pagani but the track is really really slippy and it is quite difficult to get the rear to stick to the track through the long, fast bends.

I have regained my spot on top of the 600PP GT500 leaderboard for a few hours :) But have no worries Chris, I expect you'll be up there soon enough. Just finalising the Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 tune and then ill publish it later. This seems to be the fastest GT500 car for this event going by the top alien guys.

Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S (R32) '91

400PP
196 BHP
1200kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Comfort Soft Tyres
Change Oil
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Sus
F/R
130/130
6.00/5.80
5/5
4/4
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
7/5

Six Speed Transmission

FC LSD
8/14/18
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 95.5%
Sports Exhaust
all other parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 2
Ballast - set 52kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

Choose your line, choose a driving style. This car will happily drift round corners if you have fat finger syndrome or will cruise nicely with slight tail action if you prefer throttle control. Cornering is the same, either full sideways with a trail of smoke or nice turning action with a hint of rear end sliding. A car for all drivers.

View attachment 123286
* P6 +174

Back