FRL~WSC IX - THE RACE: O'RAMA. GT-P CHAMPION: LANCEREVO7. GT-O CHAMPION: JAMMY21Open 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,211 comments
I usually do and it unfortunately makes little to no difference.

@RACECAR thank you for the GT-P Q results... here - race results will follow with pts later on.

upload_2014-12-1_1-9-31.png

sorry I didn't finish guys

at the red flag I was parked behind lancer and my screen went black and lost sound - presuming that i dc'd and my ps3 froze altogether

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Getting ready for the first start.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

Up Eau Rouge for the first time. @Panoz got caught sleeping on the start.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

The second start. This is one of the nicest GT6 pictures I've ever taken.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

@Furinkazen being the meat in a 43 Sandwich at Les Combes.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

Unfortunately it ended badly for both of us.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.jpg

Passed Furi back about 3 laps later.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

@raceorama123432, Lancer is faster than you. Can you confirm you've understood this message?

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_7.jpg

Took the lead off Panoz around lap 8 of race 2, turned out to be the race-winning overtake.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

Nearly gave @ranhammerR34 a heart attack with this flat out pass around the outside at Blanchimont.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_9.jpg

Crossing the finish line to set a new track record of 2:12.985 on lap 42.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_10.jpg

Sun coming up.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_11.jpg

Crossing the finish line to get my first GT6 WSC win. Since I was lacking a teammate by this point, Furi volunteered to join in the formation finish. Closest he'll be to the winning driver all season! 👍

BONUS BANTER

@Furinkazen forgets which of his series this is, and pulls a complete ToCA move on O'Rama at Les Combes.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_12.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_13.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_14.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_15.jpg

All in all, great racing and great banter tonight. Looking forward to Motegi.

I think that's the first time anyone's ever said that. Motegi's a horrid track. Can we have Suzuka next season?​

First GT-O race is over and done. Happy my driving. Good race - couple things happened that I didn't like.
Now I see why GT-O's got all the fun.

Ah - forget to save replay of race part #1.
I don't remember what happened but I think we lap someone or GT-P's lapping us but I lost contact to you at that point and then came Furi with his move and hit me at Les Combes (off the track too if I remember right). Got damaged and have to go pit - also @smuffyatfcp pass me when I was in pit.
Me and Smuffy did better/faster laps in race #2.

Anyway quali I wasn't comfortable after my car had mild oversteer so went back to last seasons setup with a small tweak and felt much more comfortable. Jammy inched away before I upped my pace and caught back up (the mustang has great traction btw). I eventually passed him on the Kemmel straight and proceeded to pull away before he and Furi had a tangle leaving me with a large lead. Then the race was red flagged and I decided to leave a bit early.

FL 2:33.4 which is virtually identical to last season IIRC but with less HP.

Next race I'll do same - mayby I win then. No way - I need practice a lot to get good laps. I would love to see how thing would turn out without my spin.
Well done for winning :cheers:
Not to bad considering I had half a laps practice and a setup from the Internet :lol:

Furi did same to me but with contact too. @Furinkazen do as you preach - "GT-O's keep your lane and GT-P's goes round". Please don't do that again! I don't want go to pit because of you hitting and got damaged 👎
You should have penalty everytime you hit GT-O's when lapping.
I didn't have any issued with other GT-P's :cheers:
I saw Furi coming in that move and knew he wasn't going to stop in time without contact so have him the corner ;)

BONUS BANTER

@Furinkazen forgets which of his series this is, and pulls a complete ToCA move on O'Rama at Les Combes.
...​

Last edited:
Then it would've been in race 1. O'Rama disconnected before sunrise.
Nope, I remember daylight with the O'rama in
First GT-O race is over and done. Happy my driving. Good race - couple things happened that I didn't like.
Now I see why GT-O's got all the fun.

Ah - forget to save replay of race part #1.
I don't remember what happened but I think we lap someone or GT-P's lapping us but I lost contact to you at that point and then came Furi with his move and hit me at Les Combes (off the track too if I remember right). Got damaged and have to go pit - also @smuffyatfcp pass me when I was in pit.
Me and Smuffy did better/faster laps in race #2.

Next race I'll do same - mayby I win then. No way - I need practice a lot to get good laps. I would love to see how thing would turn out without my spin.
Well done for winning :cheers:

Furi did same to me but with contact too. @Furinkazen do as you preach - "GT-O's keep your lane and GT-P's goes round". Please don't do that again! I don't want go to pit because of you hitting and got damaged 👎
You should have penalty everytime you hit GT-O's when lapping.
I didn't have any issued with other GT-P's :cheers:
Was more surprised you never saw me inside.. Had you given a little more room we would both been fine.

Well done for winning.

Would've been a good race for sure, but think you would've won due to the pace of your mustang.

And will there be space for me full time?

That was a truly mediocre outing for me. 15 minutes before qualifying I do a pretty relaxed 34.0 in my own room and then I can't get one single clean lap together in qualifying. With it being a long race, I didn't think it would be much of a problem though.

At the first start some people in the back were lagging behind after La Source, and basically just accelerated out of there without lifting anymore, so they caught up with the field which was only starting to accelerate into Eau Rouge, bunching up the field unnecessarily up the straight into Les Combes. Then Mikey (one of the ones that took advantage of the added speed into Eau Rouge) decided to miss the braking point at Les Combes by about a mile, divebombing the GT-O leaders. I was braking early to avoid any first-lap mayhem, but if I saw correctly, Yera was the one he hit mostly. In the course of the next laps I got up to 3rd, if I'm not mistaken, about 10 seconds behind Nin and Jammy, when I made a stupid mistake spinning on the curbs in the Esses, and dropped back again. So when the red flag came, I really didn't mind.

The second part of the race started out well enough. Jammy and Smuffy were just ahead of me and started pulling away slightly. I thought I should be able to stay with them, but I guess I'm really not that great driving at night and I didn't want to risk more. Had a good scrap with Yera for a couple of laps a little later. He then passed me and spun right after. Things were looking quite good as I managed to save my tyres and could have easily 1-stopped. Everyone else (I think except for Smuffy) had pitted way earlier and I thought I could maybe edge Jammy for 2nd as he was bound to pit one more time as well, but then I came up to lap PP-Mike and he decided to fight me and gave me damage when I basically was already past. Had to pit again for repairs, and basically had to settle for 4th.

In short, not a great weekend. But considering the race was 2/3s dark, I guess I'll just take the points and look forward. Then again, Motegi is the Toyota's worst track, so not much hope for great successes there.

yeah sorry about that move, was focusing on the car in front and not the corner :lol: bad move on my part :dunce:

It's really sad to hear that full damage is ruining races from people making small errors of judgement.

For those of you struggling with invisible drivers I used to have similar issues but then I disabled uPnP in my PSN network settings and ever since then I have never had anymore issues. So this might be worth a try for you guys also.

yeah sorry about that move, was focusing on the car in front and not the corner :lol: bad move on my part :dunce:

It was. Hope you learned a lesson. Even in TOCA, a divebomb of that type would probably have been grounds for a suspension. With 5 other people ahead and not fully warmed up tyres, you can't brake at your usual markers (and I'm sure you missed those as well). There's really no need to try anything stupid on the first lap of 2+ hour races.

Plus, bear in mind the Toyota is the fastest in a straight line in GT-O, so, even though it has decent brakes, you need to brake slightly earlier than the other cars. You cannot just follow another car and brake when their lights go on. By that time, it's already too late.

It was. Hope you learned a lesson. Even in TOCA, a divebomb of that type would probably have been grounds for a suspension. With 5 other people ahead and not fully warmed up tyres, you can't brake at your usual markers (and I'm sure you missed those as well). There's really no need to try anything stupid on the first lap of 2+ hour races.

Plus, bear in mind the Toyota is the fastest in a straight line in GT-O, so, even though it has decent brakes, you need to brake slightly earlier than the other cars. You cannot just follow another car and brake when their lights go on. By that time, it's already too late.
Yeah I understand, and thanks for your forgiveness (if you gave it :lol:)

Yeah I understand, and thanks for your forgiveness (if you gave it :lol:)

I wasn't the one you hit, so it's not me you have to seek forgiveness from. I'm sure I'd be livid, if I had been rammed off in the first lap. You're just somewhat lucky that it turned out not to matter because of the red flag.

Anyone do any Motegi practice yet? Did a 20 minute run, tire wear is worse here than at Spa.

EDIT: Also, framerate is atrocious on the front straight at night, can't imagine what it'll be with 16 premium cars.

Anyone do any Motegi practice yet? Did a 20 minute run, tire wear is worse here than at Spa.

EDIT: Also, framerate is atrocious on the front straight at night, can't imagine what it'll be with 16 premium cars.

When you / are you still on? I'm just typing up results and tables.

Couple slight modifications that need to be amended in OP:

15 min Q sessions for majority events.
Pts system of 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1, 1 for Class Pole, 1 for Fastest Class Lap.

Back