Gran Turismo 7 Launch to "Shift From 2021 to 2022"

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 427 comments
This are actually really good news! I planed to get just 2023 (Christmas) the PS5, so having them GT7 already 2 years out, would maybe some things (money cheats, glitches :D ) more complicate.

Anyway... I am looking for GT8, as the even numbered titles were the same base, but with improved and more content. Like GT2, GT4, GT6 -> GT8

I guess i'll stay to NFS Porsche for a bit longer :)

Coolo! I had the same idea last weekend, nfs Porsche is absolutely amazing for a 20 years old game! But get it not run really on Win 10 now.. How do you get? I tried any pack, but no music appeared, and that’s best at game with...

tumblr_oncly6T9gs1tkb2p0o1_400.gif

Last edited:
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sources-playstation-is-winding-down-sony-japan-studio/

Sources: PlayStation is winding down Sony Japan Studio
MAJORITY OF DEVELOPMENT STAFF HAVE BEEN LET GO, BUT ASOBI TEAM REMAINS, SOURCES TELL VGC

Japan is clearly not the future of Playstation it seems... they don't even try anymore. I wish the best for Poly as a studio and GT7 will be a success.

Jim Ryan very recently said that their relationships with Japanese devs is strong. I believe this change to Japan Studio is just a case of streamlining. I wouldn't worry about Sony seeing less big Japanese titles. And Gran Turismo is a crown jewel in their list of IP.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sources-playstation-is-winding-down-sony-japan-studio/

Sources: PlayStation is winding down Sony Japan Studio
MAJORITY OF DEVELOPMENT STAFF HAVE BEEN LET GO, BUT ASOBI TEAM REMAINS, SOURCES TELL VGC

Japan is clearly not the future of Playstation it seems... they don't even try anymore. I wish the best for Poly as a studio and GT7 will be a success.

Very sad news, again !

Jim Ryan very recently said that their relationships with Japanese devs is strong. I believe this change to Japan Studio is just a case of streamlining. I wouldn't worry about Sony seeing less big Japanese titles. And Gran Turismo is a crown jewel in their list of IP.

Don't believe Jim Ryan. He is a liar

Very sad news, again !

David Jaffe just went through some of Japan Studios' games. They don't sell. I know they can be really good, like Gravity Rush 1 and 2, but if all they're doing now is helping other teams like the way they did Bluepoint and Demon's Souls, then I guess it might make sense to streamline. But, yeah, it's always disappointing to hear news like that.

Now Gran Turismo? Not too many games out there sell at those numbers.

What we don't know though is how much money GTS made. We do know it was discounted relatively early in its life but in turn we don't know the budget.

Let's hope it was a financial success and GT7 is as well.
I didn't buy it until it was $20 CAD because I thought I wouldn't enjoy the multiplayer. Boy, was I wrong. Maybe GT6's sales numbers would be more relevant?

Very sad news, again !

I apologize for the doublepost, mods, but I just wanted to say that, after further reading, I stand corrected. It appears that Japan Studio is done and is now a part of Asobi.

This news, plus a rather boring State of Play makes for a lousy day for Playstation fans.

I apologize for the doublepost, mods, but I just wanted to say that, after further reading, I stand corrected. It appears that Japan Studio is done and is now a part of Asobi.

This news, plus a rather boring State of Play makes for a lousy day for Playstation fans.
Let Microsoft buy Sony Interactive and turn around the company, I Heard- they are searching for company’s ;-)
If we could at least play the older GT games on PS5 and 4 like Xbox, that would be pretty, but not possible

Last edited:
This game will have the traditional 4-5 year dev then.

I think even if there was no covid game would've been delayed anyway.

The only surprise here is that Polyphony has not pushed the release back to 2024 yet.
GTS brought a lot of new players to Esports, think they will lose players to IRacing with this later release date?? A lot of people have good money invested in driving rigs and I would think they want to use them with GTS getting a little long in the tooth.

What? Microsoft should take on Sony Interactive and bring here a bit fresh wind in the management. Only **** messages,this week. As I read, a good connected Insider knows, Horizon West will get delayed to 2022, too, so a joke. In 2022, there will be certainly more consoles on market, do you see the connection? And corona was last year, too! When they now still at beginning of year know, they can’t hold 2021, they had it known the last months certainly, too and not given this dates to early development. But the consoles should have got sold, of course with such a „lineup“...

im a bit upset with the handling of Sony after the PS5 Launch.

Really said, I have my doubts, if the PS5 hardware will be strong enough to handle really 4K 60 FPS title with raytraicing or if it have to get much slow down. Why they couldn’t include the full rdna2 technology like Microsoft with a own raytraicing unit.

Last edited:
Let Microsoft buy Sony Interactive and turn around the company, I Heard- they are searching for company’s ;-)
If we could at least play the older GT games on PS5 and 4 like Xbox, that would be pretty, but not possible

stop talking drivel

Haven't read the whole thread, but I'm not entirely surprised by the delay tbh. I was expecting GT7 at the earliest to be released end of 2021, and that was a very optimistic target. With the recent lockdowns in Japan, and the way PD has been neglecting some aspects of GT Sport you can tell they are really up to their necks with GT7 development. I think this points to a wider problem with project management with PD/Kaz in general. From GT5 onwards it always feel like they're behind the curve and always trying to bite off more than they can chew. I've seen smaller devs, with much less people and money, put out more content over the same time period in worse covid affected countries (e.g. Kunos/ACC in Italy and Reiza/AMS2 in Brazil). Anyway, unlike a lot of people here I don't really mind the delay. Got lots of other games to play and stuff to do in the meantime.

Also, with travel restrictions in place, PD might be finding it difficult to scan and model overseas cars and tracks. So GT7 might end up releasing with a lot more Japanese based content than before, making it more "authentic" to the feeling of old PS1 GTs. Not an entirely bad thing if you ask me ;)

Last edited:
The only surprise here is that Polyphony has not pushed the release back to 2024 yet.
GTS brought a lot of new players to Esports, think they will lose players to IRacing with this later release date?? A lot of people have good money invested in driving rigs and I would think they want to use them with GTS getting a little long in the tooth.
No, it won't lose players to iRacing. Most of GT's audience wouldn't even consider iRacing.

Most of GT's audience wouldn't even consider iRacing.
Agreed. Too expensive, too demanding, abysmal production value, and I can't speak for the kids of today but iRacing has no historical sentiment to me. Even Forza can't touch that despite all its extra features.

Hopefully with this delay and travel bans, they can work on track details of returning tracks and get them all to have 24hr dynamic time and dynamic weather. I think that's a good trade-off for a lack of new tracks. GT's inconsistency in what tracks do and don't have these things has always been kinda weird.

Last edited:
I think the delay has to do with some management issues that always existed. And some issues on how they “managed” the Pandemic. I for one think they are playing it smart here. More time to morph the best parts of all the Gt renditions into one game. Probably something they’ve been wanting to do for a decade.... but because of exclusivity contracts with PlayStation, they needed to wait for them to produce a system that could handle it.

I think with the release of GT7 in late Fall of 22 (stamp it!), it’ll be the best release of the series!

..... it’ll be released with an updated version of PS5

....it’ll be VR compatible for PS5

....it’ll coincide with the release of the next saga of the Grand Theft Auto series.

PlayStation IMHO is pushing for this. With all these factors in play, they would OWN the Christmas sales.

people forget that there is a much bigger picture involved when it comes to the corporate world. You think Gran Turismo Sport getting released (probably) too prematurely a couple years back was by accident? The bean counters (both PD and PlayStation)ran the numbers and realized they had to get a Gran Turismo game out to the audience while PS4 still had some $$ life left in it...

.....PS6 is probably already in the early testing phases.

the gaming industry is a trillion dollar industry that is only going to get bigger.

there’s way more moving parts to all of this (and by “this”... I mean console companies, and game companies), then we’ll ever know

Last edited:
Back