Gran Turismo 7: One Year Later...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 219 comments
I thought this latest update would have kept me going for a while longer, but unfortunately I got bored again after 2 days.

If the core issues are still not fixed 12 months on, then I have lost all hope that they ever will be.

I agree with all that say that the potential is there, and it is, but un-realised potential is useless in a game like this with developers like PD. All it does is create frustration. It is a real shame, and 12 months on GT7 remains the biggest gaming let down in many, many years (for me).
Yeah, I don't even bother golding the new Circuit Experience, also have a few engine swapped cars that I haven't tune because I don't see the point now.

Only once? I’ve seen it in my legendaries at least twice for sure maybe even three times but then that would be typical because I don’t want the thing anyway 🤔😳😂
You really haven't, it was avaiallbe for one period and it hasn't been avaialble since, this is due to a bug in the way the pools are generated.

After one year still we can't see all liveries that we have in our collection in the gran turismo website. I have 16 pages and the visible is only the first!! Too hard work for their web design part of PD...👎
And an other one issue is that they didn't remark the widebody liveries from the simple ones👎

As much as i loved coming back to this series, the career mode was so boring and rushed that within two weeks i completed it. The constant drip feeding was annoying. But at heart it does feel like an old GT in my eyes. Just the career mode needs so much work for the next installment
Really? I completed it over 3 days :lol:

I find it still just as frustrating as it was 1 week after launch. It has GREAT feeling driving and graphics, but for a single player game it still has the whole "is that it" feeling for me.

I thought this latest update would have kept me going for a while longer, but unfortunately I got bored again after 2 days.

If the core issues are still not fixed 12 months on, then I have lost all hope that they ever will be.

I agree with all that say that the potential is there, and it is, but un-realised potential is useless in a game like this with developers like PD. All it does is create frustration. It is a real shame, and 12 months on GT7 remains the biggest gaming let down in many, many years (for me).
Exactly.

How many times were the ultra fans saying that the game was just released "early" and that more was in the pipe? Well, it's a year later, is that more STILL in the pipe? Will this mythical "more" be released in future versions? It took 10 years to OFFICIALLY get the engine swaps that, 1 - the community asked for, 2 - the community uncovered, and 3- the community implemented and loved, and that PD and Sony subsequently buried.

They aren't in this for us.

It has been available twice.
I don't think it has, can you confirm when the second time it showed up was? It hadn't appeared a second time as of late February, I know that, and given we're early March and there's been no fanfare about it reappearing over the last week, I'm inclined to beleive it's still only showed up the once when it first dropped into GT7.

Last edited:
I've played GT7 over 200 hours and that makes this my most played game on the PS4 ánd PS5 era. It's just an amazing game with some flaws but keeps dragging me back.

I don't think it has, can you confirm when the second time it showed up was? It hadn't appeared a second time as of late February, I know that, and given we're early March and there's been no fanfare about it reappearing over the last week, I'm inclined to beleive it's still only showed up the once when it first dropped into GT7.

It first appeared when added in June, and then reappeared at the end of July for the 2nd time. It hasn't been seen since 10th August.

So it has been twice, but both times very close together and near when it was added to the game.

I also seem to remember it has appeared twice, but pretty much everyone says it hasn’t, so I’m not going to argue against it. I seem to remember it reappeared a month or so after it first sold out, but I could be wrong.

I've played GT7 over 200 hours and that makes this my most played game on the PS4 ánd PS5 era. It's just an amazing game with some flaws but keeps dragging me back.
What do you spend your time doing in GT7 ? Sport mode ?

Ok, making liveries can take a lot of time. Photographing too. Does not really feel like playing the game to me
cover3.jpg

Ok, making liveries can take a lot of time. Photographing too. Does not really feel like playing the game to me, I'd wish there would be enough engaging content to reach higher count of ingame hours, outside of those side activities.
I'm in the same boat. Have a lot of hours into the game. Not a whole lot of sport races. I do a lot of custom races and/or replay grind events with different cars. Truth be told though, had I not played in cockpit view exclusively, I probably would have burned out a while back. buying an H-pattern also helped too

It first appeared when added in June, and then reappeared at the end of July for the 2nd time. It hasn't been seen since 10th August.

So it has been twice, but both times very close together and near when it was added to the game.
In that case, I stand corrected. The second appearance must have merged in with the first in my foggy old mind :lol:.

The big thing for me is that this is a 25th anniversary edition so I expected SOMETHING. I have a anniversary X2019...:P I could have made that myself.

GT6 has the Senna content. GT Sport has the Lewis Hamilton content. A year later, I was hoping for something, content wise, that was better late than never.

The best thing so far has been the engine ticket glitch.

The big thing for me is that this is a 25th anniversary edition so I expected SOMETHING. I have a anniversary X2019...:P I could have made that myself.

GT6 has the Senna content. GT Sport has the Lewis Hamilton content. A year later, I was hoping for something, content wise, that was better late than never.

The best thing so far has been the engine ticket glitch.
So, so true. The timed events for the 25th anniversary were a ridiculous idea. I don't get why they remove content from an already content dry game. The signature silence from PD is also ridiculous. Aside from the 'apology' we got, its back to the same old zero communication with car and race additions that defy logic.

One year later... 2 laps around the Earth (94.000 km)... And 4.000 photos around the World.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230307170251.jpg

Edit: Sport Mode (I have to be very motivated to run online. Only 143 races)

ESTATS.png

But all this is not enough...

Only now I will start my BAC Mono Series. It was one of the cars I was most excited to explore, but the moment just came now. (I'm going to make a 10 -car grid).

Gran Turismo® 7_20230307141001.jpg

One year later and only now I finished my "World Tour" with my favorite car, 370z - white. I ran on all tracks racing against the Porsche GT3 996. At least 3 laps on each track. (1,500 kilometers driven, and always watching the full replay). I decided to make races instead of just time trials to at least make some money with this tour. I think I got 900K. lol.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230307171018.jpg

(I will do my second World Tour with a different color that I haven't decided yet. But first I have to explore - in the same way - the Cayman road car (wingless), BMW M2, and Ferrari F8).

________________________________________________________________________________

As much as Gran Turismo is my favorite game I never exceed the time of 2 years playing each game since GT4. But the beauty of the GT7 is so superior that I feel that in two years I won't even be half of my complete exploration. ;)

Last edited:
I was really into it at release then been playing it on and off for a while and now fully back into it so I'd say overall, yes been having fun with the game for sure (also love Grand Valley is finally back).

I have my birthday coming up here in 2 weeks and I'm getting a wheel and seat again, been a couple of years being stuck on controller so this is gonna be great!

As much as I don't like many aspects of GT7 and it's the worst GT to me, I doubt everyone at PD is only in it for the money. For however many people it took to make the seemingly countless real world references and Easter eggs at Grand Valley that most people won't see probably weren't doing it just for the paycheck. There are other smaller examples of doing more than the minimum necessary to get paid but while I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of people working on GT7 are there for the profits, there are still some people who genuinely care about the game. I've thought since GT Sport that the series has an identity crisis and those working on the games have varying directions they want to take the series so it creates an inferior product as a whole, but there are still occasional glimpses that remind me of when PD was at its peak and many other games tried and usually failed to copy what PD did. I am always willing to point out the negatives no matter how big or small, no matter how little, long or never it takes to fix them and no matter how many people try to say I'm wrong for doing so, but I always want to point out the good things as well. As time goes by though there simply seems to be less and less good things.
Even before GT7 launched I said in a video that GT7 seemed at best like it's going to be about a 7.5 out of 10 game which falls well short of the standard set by the GT franchise. Then the game came out with it's immediate grind for credits, calling Weekly Races daily despite still never being daily in 7 and online lobbies being glitchy. Then shortly after came the Macrotransactions, over a day of the servers being down with an "apology" that still is looked at by many to be terrible. Later many already unobtainable cars for the vast majority of people went up in price while the best money grind with the Tomahawk was taken away and never replaced, many different instances of people cheating in competitive races and instances of the performance point system being exploited, like I have proof of the Porsche Esports event not even allowing many people to race (that was my breaking point when I decided that unless GT is involved with the Paralympics then I'm going to move on) and then not even officially covering the finals of the event. Now more recently people have found that many things have been purposely delayed or even excluded completely from the game most likely to keep with drip feeding content and being exposed that the best players in the world didn't even get paid in the world finals. To top it off throughout the entirety of the game it is random and terrible odds to get engine swaps, special parts and Manufacturer invitations so varying parts of the game can't be played plus the countless other issues that if I were to type out I'd get a hand cramp.
Even still with GT7 being bad overall and made for mainly making profits it's not all bad. When the game came out I enjoyed the amazing graphics, the Willys Jeep, more customization than Sport, the performance point system being back and the music rally was a cool idea although not used to its fullest extent. Shortly after was when I started to get more competitive with setting times and being high in the leaderboards was fun. Later came new tracks like Watkins Glen that I still enjoy racing at and Weekly Race A usually having DR and SR off means that I can actually race in Sport Mode and not just set times. Now more recently the 25th Anniversary update made the game almost have an acceptable money making process for a bit and finally being able to sell cars like what was advertised from the start means that there is less lying, the Willys Jeep got a Hellcat engine swap that makes it insane, people have found that the Dodge Demon is possibly coming in a future update and like I mentioned in the beginning of this post, Grand Valley is very detailed (plus Sophy and PSVR2 seem good from what I've watched). Throughout the game I've tried to keep myself competitive in at least some aspect so I have a reason to keep playing sometimes because the driving physics are good enough to understand and adjust to various car and track combinations and with there being a confirmed Olympic event coming maybe just maybe I will have an incredible reason to play a lot... (hopefully)
At this point I would give GT7 as a video game about a 4 out of 10. It looks pretty with having some cool bells and whistles plus fine cars, tracks and physics but many of the key parts of the game are still bad and the game as a whole is made with mostly profits in mind with the developers not keeping many of their promises. As part of the Gran Turismo series, I'd give GT7 about 2 out of 10. Being advertised as having aspects of the past, present and future yet not having the structure and many features of past GTs (plus being way more grindy to entice buying Macrotransactions), not many present day vehicles in general compared to when past games came out, and making the future be as a service yet with drip fed content and no way to directly contact the developers that barely say anything. Plus I think it's fair to say that Gran Turismo should be held at a higher standard than the average video game since it has big development budgets, a big development staff that seems to get bigger every installment and at its peak was one of the top selling games for entire consoles.
While I don't think GT7 is a complete loss, it is pretty close to it and hopefully those at PD who still care enough about the franchise can do enough to keep it from dying.

the biggest gripe I have is the lack of races where you can make money... you still have to do the same 4 races to grind and make money...also they made a big deal of the PP and removed the tomahawk glitch which is fine but they dont realize why people did the glitch to begin with...another annoying thing is the legends section where the cars recycle to inconsistently sometimes skipping those specific cars for months on end... besides that though I enjoy game for what it is...just kinda sad how kaz doesnt give a crap about the game instead just releases a few new cars and tracks instead of actually improving the game

Last edited:
Been good for me. I dive back in with updates. Sophy however wasn’t anything special. I found it easy to beat and didn’t notice much during replays that differed from the OG AI.

On the whole I have been quite satisfied with this game. I haven't touched it much recently but I still come back to it every now and again. Sure, some of the design choices are confounding and we haven't received as many cars through updates compared to GT Sport, but I'm not complaining. Any game that holds my attention for more than a month or two is a good game.

On the whole I have been quite satisfied with this game. I haven't touched it much recently but I still come back to it every now and again. Sure, some of the design choices are confounding and we haven't received as many cars through updates compared to GT Sport, but I'm not complaining. Any game that holds my attention for more than a month or two is a good game.

Not in any way calling you out fine sir, but the complaint of lack of car updates compared to GTS is one that comes up a lot.

GTS launched with 168 cars, and finished with 300+ cars.

GT7 launched with over 400 cars. I think it’s understandable that GT7 has updated with less cars, as more cars were carried over, as mentioned in numerous other threads.

Sure, I would like some newer race cars, but I would never in a million years replace new race cars, with the quirky well-detailed roster that Gran Turismo is known for

I think GT Sport still has more fun race events than GT7 does, which is surprising considering that GTS launched as mainly an online-focused game.

The main reason why I've bounced off of GT7 quite a bit compared to GTS is purely the difficulty of obtaining cars I want to drive. I was spoiled by GT Sport's carousel that gave you a car per day (instead of the 10,000 credits in GT7 I seem to always get). I just don't want to grind that hard for cars. I grind in my real life. When I play GT I want to race and just enjoy driving some cars I'll probably never have a chance to drive. I thought that Kaz wanted everyone to feel the joy of driving, and yet GT7 feels like it wants to constantly remind us that we're not super rich and can't afford most of these cars selling in auction houses. I don't need a painful dose of simulated capitalism in my racing games.

There are some nice bits to GT7; the graphics and sound are improved over Sport, Sophy is a good promise of the future, PSVR2 mode is incredible. But for me, it's so far not a game I am obsessed with like I was with GT Sport. Hopefully that will change by the 2nd anniversary.

Back