Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
Just installed here. Have to say the F50 drives like an absolute dream, now definitely my favourite road car to drive in game. Found the P1 has a fair bit of understeer with factory settings. I’ll tinker with them to try and tune that out.

That’s so weird. No new GT League events, just more races for existing events.

I’m actually disappointed. Still no use for the Zonda or P1 even though they had a golden opportunity.

Yeah, that's the one turn-off for this update IMO. Could've gone with new La Festa Cavallino races to show off the F50 instead of two more Mercedes AMG GP races too.

Yeah the Leagues is a big disappointment as usual.

They should be doing showcases for the cars that came this month.

Like maybe a P1 vs. Zonda shootout? How about a Tesla vs. BMW i3 battle? lol

Like again... why are PD expecting people to buy these cars if there's no much events to run them?

Remember the Zonda R? Where are we suppose to run it?

How come the Firebird and Corvette C2 arent being run in the beginner Nostalgia races?

PD cant change. Every month its great cars and more tracks but where are we running them except for custom races???

Im not going to be a downer here.

This is the first update whose new GTLeague events is not eligible to any of the new cars.

Its pretty dissapointing tbh. Rest of the update are good but I expect better for this.

Not the "usual" thing or "PD CANT CHANGE" case though, its the new thing right here in this update. Still, wheres my Fugu Z, F50, and P1 GTR. :P

Does this mean we will get some Daily's to use cars like the F50 in (or any of our road car selection for that matter)?

Leave it to PD to continuously be blind to things like this. Between those two cars and also the Vulcan and Veneno we could've had a cool new event, but nope. Some more Ferrari events would also be nice given there's been a bunch of new Ferraris in the last few updates. Perhaps even an event for the Ferrari Halo cars: 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo, LaFerrari.
Vulcan and veneno can be driven in some events in gt league as the both are nclass cars

(raises hand) I do. How does the FZ sound though?
Niiiiiice. I posted an earlier video with AI piloting one in rear cam view. I'll post a TT video shortly.

Does this mean we will get some Daily's to use cars like the F50 in (or any of our road car selection for that matter)?
Don't know about the Daily, but there's the FIA N500 race you can race multiple times. That's like a Da(y)ly race.

I'm excited for this! I've been playing Forza Horizon for the last few weeks but i think it's time to pick up GT Sport again.

New layouts of tokyo were clear disappointment for me, or actually i didnt expect much. It's just weird that other racing games has larger track selection, but we get very minimal updates. How is it possible GTS has around 30 % of track selection compared to GT6.

The F50 truly drives like a dream, wow. Very happy with what PD has done with this car. I was a bit worried it might have some weird gearing like the McLaren F1 or an oddly long/slow gear like the Countach or something, but nah, it's perfect and it handles superbly. It's immediately become my favourite car in the game and is ridiculously fun to drive. PD have absolutely nailed the onboard sound, very well done. Chase/hood cam is quite solid as well. Maybe lacks a bit of that raw V12 grunt or roar, but they've got it sounding fairly accurate, so I'm definitely happy with it. I do have a complaint though... When you look at the front of the car in chase cam, the headlight frames are terribly jagged, as if the game is using a low-res model for that part of it, but it's fine when viewing the car otherwise in the menus. Really hope that gets patched as it was not a good first impression that I noticed within 1-2 seconds when I first looked behind me. Also I think the rear grille looks too greyish when light is shining on it. Should definitely be more black, but that's just a lighting thing. But otherwise, absolutely fantastic car and PD has done it justice. Very, very happy with it and I've put in a solid ~2 hours with it so far.

I was curious how the F50 would compare head to head vs the F40 so I set a bunch of benchmark laps with the F40 yesterday and earlier today. The F50 was 0.6s slower around Monza (maybe ~.2s room for improvement) and set almost identical times around Brands Hatch and Catalunya (within 0.1s), but I managed to go 5 seconds quicker around the Nordschleife. I was really happy with my F40 lap yesterday, but that F50 lap was something else. 2-3 seconds might've been me alone, even if I almost bottled it twice and lost a couple tenths in both spots, but I do think the F50 is faster around that track. Kinda makes sense the F40 is faster at Monza, likely due to the turbos. I remember Chris Harris saying the F40 would get away from him in the F50 on the straights, but he'd catch back up in the corners. So those times for Monza and the Nordschleife seem fair. Anyway, it's 4am now so I think I'll call it. Excited to try the F50 in VR tomorrow, and then finally try out the P1 GTR. But tonight has been a genuine pleasure with my first experience of my favourite car of all time in Gran Turismo.

Back