Gran Turismo Sport FAQs [NEW: Links updated]

Quite disappointed of the possibility of standard cars. I hope there are none, and if the are they must look good!

Since I made a GT6 version of this thread, I thought it would be necessary to make one for GT Sport. Please update me on any questions official answered and include linked proof. :)

Q&As:
When will GT Sport be released? - There is no definite release date for Gran Turismo Sport, but Yamauchi has said that it will be released before 2017.

Will crash/damage physics be improved? - Yes.

Will photomode be improved? - Most likely.

Will sounds be improved in GT Sport? - Yes.

Will standards return in GT Sport? - Most likely.

Will there be a GT Sport Prologue? - No, but there will be a beta.

Confirmed Cars:

Alfa Romeo:
Alfa Romeo 4C (?)

Aston Martin:
Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE (?)

Audi:
Audi R8 LMS ultra (2015)
Audi R18 e-tron quattro (?)

Bugatti:
Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo (2015)

Hyundai:
Hyundai Vision Gran Turismo (2015)

Lamborghini:
Lamborghini Veneno (2013)

Mazda:
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo (2014)
Mazda MX-5 Miata (2016)

Mercedes:
Mercedes-AMG GT (2016)
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 (?)

Links:
Croatian Retailer Opens Preorders for "Gran Turismo Sport" PS4 Game
Gran Turismo 7 to See Improved Crash & Damage Physics, Coming Before 2017
“Gran Turismo Sport” For PS4 Revealed, Public Beta Coming Early 2016
GT Awards 2015 Announced, Winner Coming to “Gran Turismo for PlayStation 4”
GT6 Sounds "Will Improve", but "Major Update" Coming to GT7
Improved Physics and AI for GT7
Kazunori Yamauchi on Gran Turismo's FIA Online Championship, Future of Motorsport
No "Prologue" for Gran Turismo 7, Standard Cars Likely Included
Peugeot 206 T16 Pikes Peak Coming to Gran Turismo Series
Polyphony Digital Hires Previous Forza Audio Lead for Gran Turismo
PS4 to Make "Incredible Difference for Gran Turismo, says Kazunori Yamauchi
Rumor: Isle of Man TT Course Considered for Gran Turismo 7
I like you made the car list, but the Audi R18 is the TDI version from 2011, not the E-tron Quattro. :)

What's the point of showing them if you aren't going to include it? Pretty much the GT2 and GT4 trailers did include some but not all.

The point of the historical real world footage was to show the last 100 years of motorsport, note how it progressed chronologically through to the present with the Toyota. The trailer than made the (rather audacious) claim that they were going to shape the next 100 years. I don't think it really means anything what historical footage they chose, it was just there for illustration.

Replaced the confirmed car list with the more official thread, added more links, added a video section, and switched the question order from alphabetical (which made no sense) to most important to least important.

Is this going to be an online-only/ multiplayer-only game?

No.

“But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.”
— PlayStation Blog

Gt7 is coming in 2015 or 2016 and if will have more racing cars and keep older models and it will be retaining cars from remained with the franchise scene ps2 era I will give u more information later.
I wonder if this guy maybe really was an insider, maybe a bad english speaking japanese PDI guy :dopey:

At least with "more racing cars" he was right!

I wonder if this guy maybe really was an insider, maybe a bad english speaking japanese PDI guy :dopey:

At least with "more racing cars" he was right!
I forgot about that guy, maybe he was really was insider... We will know that after PSX when we can expect more info about GT sport.

I doubt it. If they were very low key at PGS I can't see why they would then give any more details at a car show.

Anyone have any ideas on how to improve the OP? Even myself, I think it's a bit messy.
Not a big fan of all the bolding. I like things more traditional, with only titles bolded and slightly larger. If necessary, just an odd word or phrase bolded for emphasis.

Questions and Answers

When will GT Sport be released?
Some time in 2016. (secondary link)

Will sounds be improved in GT Sport?
Yes.

Will standards return in GT Sport?
Maybe not in Gran Turismo Sport, but it is a possibility.

Confirmed Cars:

You can find them here, courtesy of @Samus.

Videos:

GT Sport Trailer

Links:

Croatian Retailer Opens Preorders for "Gran Turismo Sport" PS4 Game
Gran Turismo 7 to See Improved Crash & Damage Physics, Coming Before 2017
“Gran Turismo Sport” For PS4 Revealed, Public Beta Coming Early 2016

Latest Posts

Back