GT Sport Update 1.47 Arrives, Introducing Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 317 comments
Taycan at Spa RS Maxes: 2:26.892
Aventador SV same: 2:35.733
Edit: got Aventador down to 2:21.307, feeling much better about that car now.

On a DS4. This is also the first time I’ve ever raced around Spa so I’d imagine the times will come down a bit, but I feel more confident throwing around the Taycan honestly.

Also now having raced Spa for the first time, I understand why everyone begged for it. It is difficult yet enjoyable with a lot of unique qualities. I’m in love. It’s the first track I’ve really wanted to sit down and time trial with a number of cars.

Last edited:
However... electric cars being "fully green" as of today, you have to take it with a pinch of salt. If the electricity comes from fossil fuel or nuclear powerplants, they aren't green
And don‘t even get started on how bad the production of the batteries is for the environment

Spa endurance race seems to let th ai cheaterband until the first pit stop for those who cant catch up. Still have to be decent but it's not insane.

Last edited:
Spa's road surface feels to be improved. More vibration and road feel than I remembered in GT6 and feels less like billiard table than all other tracks in GTS that is not Nurburgring. Unfortunately, I think PD went overboard with the rain conditions. Inters are useless in all 3 conditions, and the midday rain (the wettest one) is close to undrivable even with wets. I tried a Gr.3 custom race and in the chicane it was literally like skating on ice. Granted I'm no alien but I have no such problems with 100% track wetness in ACC. This would be red flag conditions IRL and no sane race director would allow any racing to take place in this condition. Either that, or PD need to get their wet simulation improved. Race cars on full wet tyres do not have zero grip (unless you're aquaplaning, which isn't simulated in the game). Hoping Michelin can help, but I don't have high hopes given how rain simulation has stayed more or less the same since GT5.

The cars, although few in number are quite interesting pieces. The Red Pig handles a lot better than I expected (and can win Nostalgic La Sarthe!). The Taycan accelerates like hell and handles pretty good too, though it runs out of steam above 250 km/h. Also interesting for an electric car to have gears (albeit only 2 ratios). The Aventador is just a slightly faster version than the one we already have. Personally I'd rather see the SVJ as it has a bigger performance difference. The Demio is a legend and probably the very first car I ever drove in the GT series (B1 license in GT1), and it's good to see every generation of it in every GT game so far. I like that PD went with the diesel version, which is unusual in racing games.

Pretty lean update, but it's amazing to still see regular content added for free for a game 2 years old so I won't complain too much. Looking forward to Supra Gr.4, Jag VGT and who knows what else next month ;)

The AMG reminds me so much of this:
Group-c-army-reserve-falcon-1.jpg

It wouldn't make it into the pre-1979 class, but it would be a cool addition for more touring sedans.

The Porsche Taycan just feels so fast, like less than seven minutes on the Nurburgring with a standard setup and Racing: Super Soft tires. In terms of top speed, it will likely be humbled. But even then, it's still able to punch above its weight, given its near-2300kg curb weight.
Didn't knew that the Taycan was that actually heavy until I read this.

So I've been plating GTS for just over a year. Roughly same amount of time on this forum. Spa's inclusion has been a consistent theme. What's the consensus then? Have they implemented it well? I don't have time to read through this whole thread....

Did they add some custom liveries in the campaign races? I had never noticed the "real life" inspired liveries on the Lancer Evo, the E30 m3, the Subaru WRX and the Alpine for instance.

Did they add some custom liveries in the campaign races? I had never noticed the "real life" inspired liveries on the Lancer Evo, the E30 m3, the Subaru WRX and the Alpine for instance.

They've been there on the Real Circuit Tours event since it was introduced. And I believe in World Hatchback Championship, the EK9 Civic can have a livery based on the Gathers Drider Super Taikyu race car.

Pretty good cars and track in this update. I was excited for the sv. But i am a but disapointed that its only have 4 more hp fully upgraded over the normal aventador. I expected a bit more. Na engines in this game are all lacking becouse you can’t turbo or supercharge Any car in gt sport, this just prooves how bad the tuning system is in gt sport, i really hope the tuning side of things will be better on the me t title. but great update besides that.

However... electric cars being "fully green" as of today, you have to take it with a pinch of salt. If the electricity comes from fossil fuel or nuclear powerplants, they aren't green

Yes, however they are more green to power than gasoline cars. Power plants burning anything are more efficient at creating the energy than fueling a single car. That’s why our houses no longer have coal burning furnaces.

And don‘t even get started on how bad the production of the batteries is for the environment
Not looking to pick a fight but you doesn't add the production fossil print to the gas or the fabrication of gasoline cars so why on the EV's? If you want to compare then compare the same viable
edit: nuclear power plants are fossil free... Just saying

Not looking to pick a fight but you doesn't add the production fossil print to the gas or the fabrication of gasoline cars so why on the EV's? If you want to compare then compare the same viables.
They're called "wheel-to-well" emissions, and they are indeed used for all cars. You won't find them in the brochures though, only tailpipe emissions.

I'm enjoying Spa more than I expected to. After all, I've drive the circuit a lot in other games already, but PD really made it worth waiting for.

I also think Spa has helped rounding off the real world track roster to the point where the game no longer suffers from a glaring lack of variety, but more are always welcome.

I‘m not comparing anything, just pointing out that these so called eco-friendly cars are not as eco-friendly as everyone thinks

Below is a link I'm sharing when I see this "long tailpipe" or battery issues mentioned:
https://www.tesla.com/blog/secret-tesla-motors-master-plan-just-between-you-and-me

It's from Elon Musk so to take with a grain of salt but I find it quite well written and easy to understand. Basically even with electricity produced from fossil fuel, EV wins in terms of CO2 emissions. ICEs can't beat EVs because of the incredible efficiency of electric engines to convert energy into circular motion. And as the grid gets greener, EVs will too.

My hope for the future is that we switch to EVs for our daily drivers, and have guilt free fun in the weekend with petrol engines that will inevitably drop in value :D

I'm enjoying Spa more than I expected to. After all, I've drive the circuit a lot in other games already, but PD really made it worth waiting for.
I agree, the track looks great! In VR the elevation change feels amazing.

PS: Thanks Admin, and sorry for forgetting about the multiple quote feature again!!

Last edited:
Below is a link I'm sharing when I see this "long tailpipe" or battery issues mentioned:
https://www.tesla.com/blog/secret-tesla-motors-master-plan-just-between-you-and-me

It's from Elon Musk so to take with a grain of salt but I find it quite well written and easy to understand. Basically even with electricity produced from fossil fuel, EV wins in terms of CO2 emissions. ICEs can't beat EVs because of the incredible efficiency of electric engines to convert energy into circular motion. And as the grid gets greener, EVs will too.

My hope for the future is that we switch to EVs for our daily drivers, and have guilt free fun in the weekend with petrol engines that will inevitably drop in value :D
Where I live almost all electric power is already green. And the number of EV'S are rapidly increasing. Even if not at the speed of Norway.

I drove the Taycan. It's not for me. I am glad such cars are being made though. It helps to ramp up more EVs. The i3 is more my preference, in terms of, driving a slow car fast.

I noticed some cracks on the tarmac at Big Willow today. First time I played after the update. Were they always there? I seriously do not remember them.

Latest Posts

Back