GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 423 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to be that guy who still waits more gt3, gt1 and other historic race cars. Plus don't feel like die hard want to play RedBull ring in rain, but will do, sure this activity will flood lobbies section for a week:).

Hope they at least add more races with N cars into daily routine, not only with provided cars, but in real sport mode like C races.

Edit: About GT cars, ok, they did add two generations of SGT GT500, what is wrong with all 300 category. As much I'm aware only Subaru made it so far.

Last edited:
Since I'm only interested in the rain, I hope it has had some noticeable improvements from 2 months ago, from a physics, visual, and auditive standpoint (I mean the tyre squeeled in the rain).

Not sure why PD feels like orchestrating the emotional rollercoaster ride.
What did PD do? Anyone that hyped up this update with Spa has no one but themselves to blame for disappointment. PD never said or even hinted that it was coming in this update.

i1KlhGcKNNd9m8E.jpg

Beginner League
2 new rounds added to the 'Beetle & Samba Bus Festa'.

Amateur League
2 new rounds added to the 'J-Sports Meeting'.

Professional League
2 new rounds added to the 'All Japan GT Car Championships'.

Endurance League
1 new round added to the 'Porsche Cup'.

The update trailers have turned crap lately. I had to pause the new one five times just to catch the full name for each car. Unnecessarily rushed.
It used to be longer. Then it starts from the "small" update that features Super Formula.

Then they think they can get away with it moving forward....

Don’t pretend that PD didn’t literally post videos on all their social media platforms that teased Spa before deleting them
Its not even deleted. It was deleted but then it came back as properly scheduled.

What did PD do? Anyone that hyped up this update with Spa has no one but themselves to blame for disappointment. PD never said or even hinted that it was coming in this update.

In the past they always released new tracks immediately after being revealed to the public.

I’m not outright complaining or blaming them for doing anything wrong. I’m just trying to understand the twisted PR angle.

Don’t pretend that PD didn’t literally post videos on all their social media platforms that teased Spa before deleting them
Did they specifically say it was coming in this update? Spa is still coming, just not tomorrow yet a lot of people seem to be overreacting like it’s not coming at all and that this is another “disappointing” update despite the new cars and introduction of rain

Some fine salt to collect today.

Well a "theme pack" is a quasi Forza thing what with their "Durex Condom WD40 Xmas Car Pack" nonsense...

Not gonna lie, would be hilarious if not only was that an actual thing, but if it actully included the Durex Sponsored F1 car.

Odd that it's v1.43...

So it wasn't just me that spotted that..

Did they specifically say it was coming in this update? Spa is still coming, just not tomorrow yet a lot of people seem to be overreacting like it’s not coming at all and that this is another “disappointing” update despite the new cars and introduction of rain

Why can’t people think this is disappointing?

Yes, new cars are always nice, and the introduction of rain is cool too, but think about it.

Two of the cars in the update are fairly similar to ones we already have (yes, I know the 22B has choice differences before someone quotes me and berates me for this). People have been asking for modern road cars AND modern racing cars for months; the 90s JDM is nice, but the fact of the matter is that the game is woefully behind the curve when it comes to the carlist in a lot of aspects.

Gotta say as much as i think we should had at least one more car either racing or not Japanese. ..god that GTO is great.

Surprised Spa not shown in the update. It seemed ok but i guess it needs more polish

It makes sense to me spa isnt in this update. Seems like this update was all ready to go. Spa just being revealed keeps the hype/discussion for the next update.

That being said i would have loved to have it now.

Also just got notified from YouTube that GT just uploaded the trailer on their account.

i1KlhGcKNNd9m8E.jpg

Beginner League
2 new rounds added to the 'Beetle & Samba Bus Festa'.

Amateur League
2 new rounds added to the 'J-Sports Meeting'.

Professional League
2 new rounds added to the 'All Japan GT Car Championships'.

Endurance League
1 new round added to the 'Porsche Cup'.

Cool! Rain is added to GT League, I was wondering if it just was custom races/online races or GT League and now I know 👍 :).

Last edited:
Wet conditions will be added to the 'Red Bull Ring' and 'Red Bull Ring Short Track' circuits.
i1k7hejY6eYC8C.jpg

i1qZEk9AwCMkY.jpg

Looks great
Should look amazing with Gr.3 cars as well.
As much as it hurts to only have 1 track with rain, i can't wait to see lots of photos and montage

Type R was just the name of the 2-door coupe bodied WRX STI in Japan, and has been included in some version since GT1. It denotes the bodystyle more than anything else, but in terms of spec/tuning, it was roughly equivalent to the 4-door Type RA, but a 'regular' WRX STI 2-door was not offered. I think I've got that right...

I suppose it’s almost like it’ll be a more affordable version of the 22B, and/or with more color options. Still neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back