GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 423 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm looks like the levin has the "Initial D style" interior people were crying like 5 year olds for when the trueno was added a faw months ago so it has something going for it at least.

Curious as to where you saw that because in the pictures of the article it shows that same odd digital gauge that the Trueno had that they put out. I don't care either way but I'm wondering where you saw it.

Last edited:
Wow....

First the absolute embarrassment of yesterday's Grand Final... and now this...

This is not a good look for the game nor PD at all.

( And please for the love of god do not use the "But It's Free" excuse, it's tiresome at this point )
But it is and its not an excuse its a fact .
P.S apologies if i double posted.

It's really quite hilarious, honestly, to see how the community has more or less continually flip-flopped saying 'JDM cars are awesome! **** needing race cars!' and vice versa, when in reality, all it does is obfuscate the massive problems that GT Sport has had, since launch really, with it's car selection. For a game that's ostensibly about LMP1/GT3/GT4 racing, the fact that Polyphony has basically gone full steam ahead with trying to appease the masses who wanted a traditional GT single player mode (forgetting that this entire situation could have been avoided if Polyphony didn't throw the baby out with the bath water in trying to make a console iRacing clone and actually tried to make a single player that was worthwhile, instead of the chase the rabbit scenarios with crap AI we have been getting with in the updates) while leaving the actual main draw of the game, the one that you as a developer are hedging your bets on, dies on the vine with so many re-used circuits and no real new race cars that aren't just gimmick vehicles that will never see use other then one off events, like, of course people are going to complain.

As said before, it's a Catch 22, and really, this month's update specifically and the people who have basically been trying to silence others (for lack of a better term) really miss the forest for the trees: that this has been a problem for months, and for a game that very much advertises itself as being a hub for that sort of sports car and prototype racing, the fact that there hasn't been any major additions to those classes in a long while really is a big problem while Polyphony does their one track mind mantra of trying to fill out a single player and road cars that get barely used.

I would say 'then why don't you just stop playing and do something else' to these people doing OTT complaining about every single update, but let's face it, they'll still play it and still find things to complain about, then threaten to stop playing, but then carry on playing whilst telling people that they've stopped playing. Also, declare the series 'dead' on multiple occasions.

They're basically the same as people who are claiming they are 'boycotting' Nike over Colin Kaepernick. = All talk, no action.

Wait wait wait wait wait a second. There's no Spa in the trailer :lol:
Probably the addition of Spa would make the update too big as there is rain in the update.

It's really quite hilarious, honestly, to see how the community has more or less continually flip-flopped saying 'JDM cars are awesome! **** needing race cars!' and vice versa, when in reality, all it does is obfuscate the massive problems that GT Sport has had, since launch really, with it's car selection. For a game that's ostensibly about LMP1/GT3/GT4 racing, the fact that Polyphony has basically gone full steam ahead with trying to appease the masses who wanted a traditional GT single player mode (forgetting that this entire situation could have been avoided if Polyphony didn't throw the baby out with the bath water in trying to make a console iRacing clone and actually tried to make a single player that was worthwhile, instead of the chase the rabbit scenarios with crap AI we have been getting with in the updates) while leaving the actual main draw of the game, the one that you as a developer are hedging your bets on, dies on the vine with so many re-used circuits and no real new race cars that aren't just gimmick vehicles that will never see use other then one off events, like, of course people are going to complain.

As said before, it's a Catch 22, and really, this month's update specifically and the people who have basically been trying to silence others (for lack of a better term) really miss the forest for the trees: that this has been a problem for months, and for a game that very much advertises itself as being a hub for that sort of sports car and prototype racing, the fact that there hasn't been any major additions to those classes in a long while really is a big problem while Polyphony does their one track mind mantra of trying to fill out a single player and road cars that get barely used.

I really like these Japanese cars. Too bad there is no Eclipse in it. 👍👍👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious as to where you saw that because in the pictures of the article it shows that same odd digital gauge that the Trueno had that they put out. I don't care either way but I'm wonder where you saw it.
Oh i was looking at the Silvia whoops :lol: .

Probably the addition of Spa would make the update too big as there is rain in the update.
I doubt it with only one track available.

Don't think they were trying to make an iRacing clone, I think they were possibly fulfilling a contract they have with the FIA (cue endless stream of ignorant "FIA ruins everything" posts).

Also, the AI races are basically the same the races you end up in when you rage-quit and end up in the D + E rating lobbies, but with better driving standards.

All i have to say to this statement is this:

tenor.gif

Well that is a shame about Spa, but given there was some GTS gameplay of it, it should be coming down the pipe soon-ish, yea?

Jerome

You guys are all crying and whining. Many of y'all thought this update was great before Spa-Franchorchamps was even teased. Yeah it's unfortunate we're not getting a new track this month, but it's not like this is the first month where we haven't had a new track. We still are getting 5 new fan favorite vehicles and rain for frigging sake! The car's are not necessarily my cup of tea but they're still new cars! I'm really looking forward to trying them out as well as all the other cars in the game in rain! 👍

Next month PD will release a new tire compound and 2 scapes scenes and still people will do the 'YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT' routine.

As much as I love this game, I paid $90 to get a lot less than I did in GT6. I'll complain all I want.
Actually you got far less with GT6 considering it was a downsized (in many aspects ) GT5 but as far as GTS goes it was your mistake to give 90$ taking in to account that you could inform yourself before you made the purchase.

I really like these Japanese cars. Too bad there is no Eclipse in it. 👍👍👍
Or a Celica etc

The cars are fine. The lack of a track which is already modeled and raced on is perplexing. The millions of people who bought the game should be the priority not the few top racers who promote it.

The game used for the FIA events are all WIP builds that don't even run on normal PS4 Pros. We had to wait 2 months after rain was officially shown before we got it. If anything the live events are basically beta testing the content before release. Now we know that Spa is officially in the game and is coming very soon. This update came out only a day after the FIA event, it's understandable why Spa may be missing considering the same happened with rain.

So what should be in this DLC in your opinion? You're complaining like they haven't delivered something they promised. Game was released two years ago and still getting new content every month. If only more developers would do this.

People have every right to be upset at the content included in these updates whether others like it or not.

I would say 'then why don't you just stop playing and do something else' to these people doing OTT complaining about every single update, but let's face it, they'll still play it and still find things to complain about, then threaten to stop playing, but then carry on playing whilst telling people that they've stopped playing. Also, declare the series 'dead' on multiple occasions.

Here's the thing: those people won't be satisfied, ever. The fact that GT Sport even exists, as a game, and as a concept, is what fuels them within that regard.

The problem is that there are indeed real problems with how GT Sport has been built, going back to launch but has especially come into focus now with the seemingly narrow-minded focus on the nostalgia grabbing 90's JDM sports cars and the hasty building of a single player mode, that it is slowly killing the actual main draw of the game when the only 'race cars' you're putting in are gimmicks which detract from the LMP1/GT3/GT4 racing the game is based around. Some people feel the need to be defensive when faced with this criticism, and some of it has been disingenuous, but the vast majority of it, from what I've seen, has been honest. So why are people being defensive when faced with an honest appraisal of the game and how the focus on road cars and single player races have been unnecessarily focused upon?

Don't think they were trying to make an iRacing clone, I think they were possibly fulfilling a contract they have with the FIA (cue endless stream of ignorant "FIA ruins everything" posts).

I mean...if it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck, it probably is. From where I'm sitting, the game is more or less a console iRacing clone, down to the safety ratings and the (supposed) focus on sports car and prototype racing. The only thing the FIA adds is a name brand and the ability to have officially sanctioned tournaments. That's it.

It’s honestly really tiring to hear the same “you guys are crying and aren’t grateful” spiel just because people have decided not to agree with your beliefs

Especially when said criticisms have been building for months.

It’s honestly really tiring to hear the same “you guys are crying and aren’t grateful” spiel just because people have decided not to agree with your beliefs
Alright. To each his own.

It's actually 5.

How do you now when the update hasn't even been dropped?

Three and two duplicates, Mathematically I’ll give you that.

The FT-1 has had hexagons for exhausts since it was released. I have little hope of PD ever fixing it considering they now seem to be focused more on adding filler content to the game and skipping out on tracks that are clearly ready for use instead of adding content that helps bolster the main reason for this game existing in the first place, which are its racing classes and online championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back