GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
OK, time for the one post thread summary, for TL;DR purposes:

- Kaz has betrayed us time and time again

- The DBR9 being added makes it an incontrovertible FACT that Kaz is deliberately leaving the
Toyota GTONE, Mercedes CLK-GTR, Maserati MC12 GT, Ford GT GTE, Bentley Continental GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3, etc...
out of the game on purpose just to spite us, and there's no way we've just whipped ourselves into a circular frenzy over 2 years posting these cars so often that we've convinced ourselves that it's 100% logical they'd be the next conclusion even if there's zero evidence to support that conclusion

- A game that releases free extra content, regardless how frequent or bountiful, is a bad video game.

- A game that keeps its servers active well after its shelf life, to sustain a community of <1% who think "the new one just isn't the same maaan", is a good video game.

- The "Traditional Numbered Gran Turismo Game" is a real concept that we didn't make up, has always been the way GT operates, and will endure until the end of time.

- Gran Turismo 7 will be GT Sport without offline mode, released simultaneously for Ps1-5, and will be locked to 18FPS. It will, however, have ray tracing.

- The car you want isn't coming.

- It's never coming.

- Mazda drivers should prep for deep backstabbing from Kaz.

- Being a mod on GTPlanet is a fate worse than death, or about on par with marriage.

- The. Car. You. Want. Isn't. Coming.

- The DBR9 being added makes it an incontrovertible FACT that Kaz is deliberately leaving the
Toyota GTONE, Mercedes CLK-GTR, Maserati MC12 GT, Ford GT GTE, Bentley Continental GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3, etc...
out of the game on purpose just to spite us, and there's no way we've just whipped ourselves into a circular frenzy over 2 years posting these cars so often that we've convinced ourselves that it's 100% logical they'd be the next conclusion even if there's zero evidence to support that conclusion

- A game that releases free extra content, regardless how frequent or bountiful, is a bad video game.

- A game that keeps its servers active well after its shelf life, to sustain a community of <1% who think "the new one just isn't the same maaan", is a good video game.

- The "Traditional Numbered Gran Turismo Game" is a real concept that we didn't make up, has always been the way GT operates, and will endure until the end of time.

- Gran Turismo 7 will be GT Sport without offline mode, released simultaneously for Ps1-5, and will be locked to 18FPS. It will, however, have ray tracing.

- It's never coming.

- Being a mod on GTPlanet is a fate worse than death, or about on par with marriage.

hear hear

You forgot this: the devs of Assetto Corsa and Project: CARS do an infinitely superior job with an infinitely smaller budget, having all the recent race cars people have been begging for, including the Corvettes Gary Pratt and Jim Miller themselves refuse to license to Polyphony Digital. Also GT's Sport Mode is just the poor man's iRacing.

- It's never coming.

You're overthinking everything.

- It's never coming.

Holy copypasta, man. :eek:

No they didn't.

And updates were always going to be critical for this game and PD have failed massively in this respect.

We can only hope they learn from their mistakes but to date I don't think PD is capable of that with their current work structure/philosophy.

It's sort of like Honda in F1 when they rejected outside help even from McLaren their partners. At least Honda eventually became sensible and accepted "outside" expertise.

But at least we got League and Spa, right? Oh and how can we forget the LHTT.
I don't think they've failed by giving us a steady stream of content since November 2017. I don't think you could say the same about the GT6 updates, which were infrequent and quite pathetic to be honest.

I can't lie, the Aston Martin DBR9 coming for this game has me excited. I absolutely love that car. Anyways, this game does frequently add too many road cars. I thought this was GT SPORT. More focus on RACE CARS. I personally would have liked more Gr. 1, 2, 3, and 4 cars. I don't think we got much more of those. We never saw a Ferrari 488, updated Ford GT GTE, and we will never see the Corvette C8.R. I would have liked to at least the Gr. 3 versions of the car even if they weren't exactly the actual version of the car. (Like the Corvette "C7.R")

View attachment 894065 Strange thing, this facebook page just posted an BMW E31 8 series Gran Turismo Silhouette. Where they get the picture?

Anyone can make a silhouette bud. PD's not the only one who can do this

Because a BMW E31 8 Series is obvioisly a JDM...
No, no, he has point. The article in question is supposed to be comedic, because the car in the article is a questionably modified Honda Accord wagon. Hardly a JDM legend. I think it's intentionally made to be misleading. But that image has definitely sparked my curiosity, as it's not just similar, it's the EXACT SAME style of the silhouette images. That is not a coincidence. In the top left corner you can make the words BL NK Media Group, so I decided to search for that and found the Facebook page which hasn't been active since mid 2014. They have done car photography, but I couldn't find the silhouette image anywhere. I have no idea where it came from, but it's definitely an 8 series. So it begs the question - have PD copied this style from BL NK Media Group, or have BL NK copied PD?

I don't think they've failed by giving us a steady stream of content since November 2017. I don't think you could say the same about the GT6 updates, which were infrequent and quite pathetic to be honest.
Lmao you can't be serious with this. GT6 had over 1000 cars out of the box. GT Sport started with 168, and it took them 2 years to get to 324. most of which were cars that were already in GT6.

Lmao you can't be serious with this. GT6 had over 1000 cars out of the box. GT Sport started with 168, and it took them 2 years to get to 324. most of which were cars that were already in GT6.
OK here's the thing though - I stopped playing GT6 2 years after the release. I haven't stopped playing GT Sport despite the fact it launched 2 years and 5 months ago. It's a clear indication that updates bring you back to the game, no matter how many cars the base game has. Also, GT6 only got 200 new cars, whilst the other 1000 or so were RECYCLED from GT5.

You forgot this: the devs of Assetto Corsa and Project: CARS do an infinitely superior job with an infinitely smaller budget, having all the recent race cars people have been begging for, including the Corvettes Gary Pratt and Jim Miller themselves refuse to license to Polyphony Digital. Also GT's Sport Mode is just the poor man's iRacing.

Why so bitter?

You have no knowledge of amount of resources or where they are directed yet make a comment that comes across as 'PD is lazy'.

Reality check: It is likely PD is focusing resources on making the PS5 GT title a success, which is a completely sound strategy.
Reality check 2: The amount of free content they have provided for GT sport is quite incredible, it's a bit silly to call them out for not doing a good job and that reflects more on you than PD.

PD have done allright with GT Sport. They are not the poor mans iRacing but brought iRacing to consoles with a daily race and match making system that has people racing people of their skill in no time. Its a huge deal, try to see the bigger picture.

You mean GT6 was released for PS4 back then?
No i mean the exact opposite .

the devs of Assetto Corsa and Project: CARS do an infinitely superior job with an infinitely smaller budget, having all the recent race cars people have been begging for,
True .

including the Corvettes Gary Pratt and Jim Miller themselves refuse to license to Polyphony Digital.
Well if the maker/s of a car refuse to license thair cars to you there is nothing you (they) can do .

Also GT's Sport Mode is just the poor man's iRacing.
Which is absolutely fine considering the price difference
To play GT Sport you need a PS4 (Launch price 400$) The game (Launch price 60$) And PS+ (60$×3 Years 180$) total 640$ . Now for my sake lets assume that you can play Iracing on a 400$ PC and that we are using the same wheel in both games.
So 400$ + 1 Year membership (110$ a year × 3 Years 330$) total 440$ for just 20 cars and 21 tracks. If you want to buy the rest of the cars available you will need 824.55$. As for the track although the price differs from 11.95 to 14.95 i used 11.95 as the standard price for every track still you will need 920.15 $ for all of them so a total of 1.744.40 $ for all the extra content whille in GT Sport you need 0 . Anyway that brings iracing's total to a very generous 2074.70 $ compare to GT Sport's inflated 640.

You're overthinking everything.
He is sarcastic.

mef
Why so bitter?

You have no knowledge of amount of resources or where they are directed yet make a comment that comes across as 'PD is lazy'.

Reality check: It is likely PD is focusing resources on making the PS5 GT title a success, which is a completely sound strategy.
Reality check 2: The amount of free content they have provided for GT sport is quite incredible, it's a bit silly to call them out for not doing a good job and that reflects more on you than PD.

PD have done allright with GT Sport. They are not the poor mans iRacing but brought iRacing to consoles with a daily race and match making system that has people racing people of their skill in no time. Its a huge deal, try to see the bigger picture.
For the record I'm just following MaxAttack's sarcastic route on that comment. Don't take it as my own opinion on the subject at hand, but rather my impression of some people's attitude here on GTP.

I do agree with your points however, they've done well with the resources at hand, it's just that some people seem to be eternally unhappy and take shots at PD every chance they get.

Well, I'm happy with PD decision. Work on the next GT to blow away any competition.
I've been running GT since '98 till now & funny enough, yes Im 1 who bought systems/consoles for guess what... Only GT titles.
For me its, Do what you think is right Kaz. I love all GT games.

18FPS

7D451003-6351-4230-8F2D-BD9AB1679D40.jpeg

this update is "too simple" for this month end.
honestly, that comes with some interesting feature to add the gt league, whatever it is.
now 3 cars per month, it will be an average (kicking) of 3 to 5-6 cars per month.
as DP is working on 2 games at the same time, it would be nice to hear from the fans better and put in some new news, since there won't even be 8 cars per month.
he wanted the road america track, the largest in the usa.
a more realistic Damage system.
a yellow one for the pace car.
and mixture of tires and fuel for the pits.
and other:
for a bug fix, it has to be a very interesting thing like the ones I already mentioned as the ones that didn't come (yet).

OK here's the thing though - I stopped playing GT6 2 years after the release. I haven't stopped playing GT Sport despite the fact it launched 2 years and 5 months ago. It's a clear indication that updates bring you back to the game, no matter how many cars the base game has. Also, GT6 only got 200 new cars, whilst the other 1000 or so were RECYCLED from GT5.
So because that's your experience, that should be everyone's experience. Seems perfectly rational.

and 800 of those cars were PS2 models ported over. All 324 of the cars in GTS though are PS4 models.
So GT7 will probably be a Ps5 game with ps4 models, or we get the GT Sport experience again. Looking forward to it.

So GT7 will probably be a Ps5 game with ps4 models, or we get the GT Sport experience again. Looking forward to it.
Could be, noone knows. With recent news, it sounds to me like it they're more focused on improving the frame-rate than graphics, so it might not matter.

Also, really? Moving the goalposts?

Back