GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
Here's another theory on why Kaz is reducing the updates' frequency and volume: the virus.

Because of this, it's likely the folks at Polyphony would opt to do self-quarantine and work from home (as health is obviously the top priority), and that they couldn't travel much to source data for new cars and tracks, which leads to development being greatly slowed down.

I may or may not be wrong, but I feel that this may be a theory as to why updates are going to be limited this year.

Here's another theory on why Kaz is reducing the updates' frequency and volume: the virus.

Because of this, it's likely the folks at Polyphony would opt to do self-quarantine and work from home (as health is obviously the top priority), and that they couldn't travel much to source data for new cars and tracks, which leads to development being greatly slowed down.

I may or may not be wrong, but I feel that this may be a theory as to why updates are going to be limited this year.
Its a possibility given that numerous events are being postponed due to the virus.

Its a possibility given that numerous events are being postponed due to the virus.
The Nurburgring FIA GT event might also be in trouble, given COVID-19's habit of prompting the canceling of events, or another worst case scenario is that it might go on without a live audience. I do think they should cancel it for their safety though.

I doubt that's the primary reason for the lower volume of DLC. I imagine the studio arrived at that decision during the final quarter of 2019 as they were looking ahead at 2020. Even before Yamauchi's tweet, the car packs were down to 4 (sometimes 5) cars during the second half of 2019, so the scaling back of content wasn't exactly a new thing. Live events, other types of large gatherings, and anything involving long distance travel are the things that'll most likely be affected during this pandemic over the course of the next few weeks/months.

Well, technically is the car I'm the most excited for. Literally any 90's Japanese car is interesting for me, they are the essence of the GT series. I count the days just to see more of its kind on GT Sport: Prelude, Celica, Civic EG, Evo VI, Silvia S15, Autozam AZ-1, Cappuccino and many others. So basically I care - a lot - about the 180SX.
Good evening my friend..do you have a good tune for the Nissan 180SX? Really appreciated

Back