GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
The PS4 doesn't support realtime ray tracing, while the PS5 does. Dynamic day/night transition change the gameplay of racing games, if the game supports different tarmac temperature, etc.
If it was a PS4 and 5 release, I wouldn't mind not having better reflections etc from puddles for example. Pcars2 does all that on PS4 hardware. It could be done again i'm sure.

Did we really just wait almost 3 months for 3 cars...

Obviously I am greatful for all the free DLC since GT6 even... But this was a bit disappointing to be honest, considering I thought they were conjering up something big from this almost 3 month long wait...

But at the same time I can't blame them, as it is free, and they are working on GT7 for PS5.

Also... Whats the point in teasing a silhouette image of the Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 when they shown it to the world live last week already...?
Screenshot_20200224-025245_Ecosia.jpg

This means that they are more focused on the next game?

Reall like the subtlety of this coment but you know what?

There is only so much "just be satisfied it's free" one can pass off. Though I've yet to voice this openly, but I think all of us "where are our race car boys" have been patient. Espescially those who are still chosing to stick around.

Personally i'm pushing for some modern race cars, you know... the ones we actually see racing today. Pd were good giving us the sf 19's in 2019. That was unexpected for me and really unusual for pd. Keeping up with the times is only ever a good thing.
amp

bathurst-12-hour-race-2020-3.jpg

I know alot are still patiently anticipating some classics and the return of some gran turismo greats which i can understand.
vintage-le-mans-classic-2018-emmanuel-collard-toyota-gt-one-1999.jpg

I've been playing since GT2 and I do think gran turismo has had it bad when it comes to the licensing of certain marks. It seems that non-Japanese Manufacturers seem to be stingy with the goods at times.

But the question has to be asked what gives? A car that seems to make sense being in GTS is the current r8 road car. No sign of it even making an appearance.

Anyway isn't the new game allegedly going to be a ps5 launch title? Idk how serious that statment is but taking it with a pinch of salt is warranted. Pondering on that and your comment, it may be just time to throw in the GTS towel. I don't really even do daily races anymore tbqh I probably subconsciously already have.

Last edited:
If it was a PS4 and 5 release, I wouldn't mind not having better reflections etc from puddles for example. Pcars2 does all that on PS4 hardware. It could be done again i'm sure.

pCars2 framerate drops to low 50s on PS4 even in dry conditions, and with rain weather it drops to low 40s with tons of screen tearing. To maintain the current graphical quality and nearly locked framerate of GTSport on PS4, dynamic conditions aren't going to happen.

pCars2 framerate drops to low 50s on PS4 even in dry conditions, and with rain weather it drops to low 40s with tons of screen tearing. To maintain the current graphical quality and nearly locked framerate of GTSport on PS4, dynamic conditions aren't going to happen.
We'll just have to wait and see. The new game, or the console it will be on, hasn't been announced yet.

Update coming this Wednesday/Thursday

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1113898.html

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance. Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
February 27, 2020, 06:00 – 08:00 UTC
February 26, 2020, 22:00 – 00:00 PST
* The above time is subject to change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

I guess the next update will be arrives after Nurburgring event.

Well is really sad to see this decrease of updates and contents, but everything goes to the end. 2.5 years of new content is a great support, but is time to move on for a next step... GT7 the new horizon.
upload_2019-11-29_20-25-5-jpeg.869811

Last edited:

Obviously I am greatful for all the free DLC since GT6 even... But this was a bit disappointing to be honest, considering I thought they were conjering up something big from this almost 3 month long wait...

But at the same time I can't blame them, as it is free, and they are working on GT7 for PS5.

Also... Whats the point in teasing a silhouette image of the Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 when they shown it to the world live last week already...?
View attachment 893839
The same reason why many did not know about the Gr.4 Supra. Many miss the news, don't read the news and/or play other games.

TLDR in spoiler:
Next GT's development and the broken penalty system might have resulted in a small content update after 2 months.

Dec. 2019 penalty: You get a penalty! You get a penalty! Everyone gets a penalty!!!

Jan. 2020 penalty pt. 1: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor.

Jan. 2020 penalty pt. 2: A mix of the above two.

While the PD team is most likely shifting focus to the next GT game, I also think it took this long to get a content update because of the penalty system breaking in December 2019.*

December 2019 was the Laguna Seca update, and that's when the system was "adjusted." In other words, it started to hand out penalties for the tiniest contacts.

The first January 2020 update adjusted the system... which made it almost non-existent. Basically, if you were after the 15 Clean Race Bonus achievement, that was the perfect time to get it. Even if you punted someone, odds were that you'd get away with it.

The second January 2020 update (current version) brought more adjustments to the system, which seemed to partially fix it, while at the same time, it also brought the worst of the system from the past two updates. Touching the atom of another car could get one of you a 2 to 7 second penalty. Punting someone either gives no one a penalty, or gives the victim a penalty.

With the FIA 2020 season around the corner, I can imagine PD scrambling to try to get the system to a decent state, as the system remaining in this state can cost someone a win or even worse, a spot in a World Tour event.

*The system has had its faults beforehand, it did an okay job giving the right people penalties.

I wasn't expecting a heap of extra content to be added after hearing the launch title rumours. And that's OK, I'd rather PD dedicate more resources to the next game. It's essential that they do in order to make GT7 great from day 1. But at the same time, they need to satisfy the current playerbase and having "modest" updates is better than nothing. New content is always fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for me IT Will be a GT or Forza Ps5 or X Series...... Ik cant chose now between GT Sport and Forza 7 and i cant buy bought at release.....

I like Forza more as a game these days chase cam controller and a big sofa. These things are Just not working for me in GT Sport somehow.....

This

It looks like a PS3 game sometimes and the frame rate is truly awful, especially when the time of day or weather is changing. I really don’t see how a current GT game could pull off the same effects on the ps4.

Last edited:
Kind of because when the new consoles hit stores I can never afford to buy them outright at release and I have to wait a year or so to save for them. So if there is a title at release I won't be getting my hands on it a anytime soon.
So will many others and many won't get it at all (possibly including me) its not a bad thing to not get a game immediately case and point the game we are talking about right now .
(Btw you double posted)

pCars doesn't use ray tracing and PD decided to use RT on PS4. Thus the game isn't dynamic.

I don't want GT7 on PS4, because the game should be the next leap and we won't see GT7 in the first year anyway. I am fine with an cross gen period, but i don't want to see an cross gem game in the mid of next gen.

Back