GT Sport's Next Update Arrives January 9

Hi, the manual say there is a option to change the race quality for lobbys. i never saw this option in gt-s, only gt5/6 had this.
Where i can find it or how to activate?
gghfg.JPG

Just came over to say hello and agree that this last update has messed it all up. I did one race B this week, with sportsmanship rating S, I've been in races with SR C where there was less ramming.
PD Why? Just why?
After two laps of getting rammed I started to ram people back, launched one into oblivion without getting a penalty.

The game is unplayable in online races. Smashed off to last position after great qualification. 8 races in a row. Gone from 16000 to 7000 Dr in that time. Still S Sr though, along with everyone else. Absolutely BS

Surely this is proof that the previous penalty systems were sort of working OK (if not totally consistently) they at least provided a deterrent against dirty driving.
I'm sure they know, if not only by reported driver increasing massively. Played again today. 5 or 6 races, because I'm C class was now I was pole for all but one. Won 3 and second in the rest. Hit off 1st on one race and couldn't recover the position but back up to B class for now. Surely they will sort it before next week.

I have a feeling the removal of the penalties was intentionally done while PD try to figure out how to balance the system again. There is no way FIA would allow PD to do an online championship without any form of penalty system.

I think the next content update will arrive Jan 29 with 5 cars, no tracks. Soon we can pretty much expect the scanned time attack civic and lamborghini espado. It could be a good time to bring Ford shelby gt350r or gt500 to the game becouse we are still stuck with the base model

I wouldn't be surprised to see the GR Yaris.

If there are cars this month, do PD kick it off with a bang? December was fine having the new Ford GT, many were screaming for(I know many prefer the race car, but still). The surprise Crown and 993. GTI kind of being the Standard-Premium.

A few cars made their 2020 debut:

- Super GT300 Supra
- GR Yaris
- Lamborghini Urus
- Ford Mustang Mach E

I think we'll see PD place more electric cars in the updates.

I think we'll see PD place more electric cars in the updates.
Hopefully if we get more EVs PD will create some EV groups to put them in and the other EVs too. EV1, EV2 etc. depending on their performance. This Gr.X for the EVs is just annoying.

I kind of hope that Prius touring car comes back. I liked it in GT6, and it fits the sport vibe they're going for.

I think the next content update will arrive Jan 29 with 5 cars, no tracks. Soon we can pretty much expect the scanned time attack civic and lamborghini espado. It could be a good time to bring Ford shelby gt350r or gt500 to the game becouse we are still stuck with the base model
I thought that date should be January 17.

I'm hanging back from sport mode until they put a penalty system back in. Until then it's lobby racing and the occasional sport mode quali lap or so. Glad I did so, all things read and considered.

Hoping the next update fixes this. I'm fine with harsh penalties as long as the algorithm for them has been well coded. Let's hope for a positive change. Give us decent racing again first, content can wait.

Well, that's only a week from now.
My money is that we get more info on the weekend, or early next week, But i don’t think we get a track this time, 5 cars possibly. I want a modern corvette anything from C5-c7 or a shelby gt350r.

My money is that we get more info on the weekend, or early next week, But i don’t think we get a track this time, 5 cars possibly. I want a modern corvette anything from C5-c7 or a shelby gt350r.

I'm not even sure we will have anything this Months. My money is more on early February.

The update process creates a backup of the game to do the update. GTSport has a large file size (100Gb+) so any update requires a significant amount of your hard drive. This is a PlayStation thing, not a GTSport thing.

This is what PD says, but it doesn't seem true : other 100gb+ games on my console do not cause this issue when they update. This only happens with GTS.

I'm not even sure we will have anything this Months. My money is more on early February.

This is what PD says, but it doesn't seem true : other 100gb+ games on my console do not cause this issue when they update. This only happens with GTS.
So it's basically a GT Sport thing and not the other way around?

So it's basically a GT Sport thing and not the other way around?

I believe it is, as no other game cause this issue for me, including huge games such as RDR2.

This is definitely how the PS4 works. SOME games have slightly got around this by having their single player game and the online portion of the game essentially as separate games on the console. We as consumers can't see it on the console, but that's how the developer has managed the file structure. So when RDR2/GTAV updates the online game the single player game isn't touched, making the copying process much quicker.

Not all developers do this (I'm actually only aware of Rockstar doing it, but there may be others), and as GTSport is entirely an online game PD can't do the same workaround.

Back