GT Sport's Next Update Arrives January 9

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by chrisspeed281, Jan 6, 2020.

1. deviln3

deviln3

Good time to get that 15 clean races in a row accomplishment?
    Hahaha

Draggon, dlshearon, cosme and 2 others like this.
  2. Zipperface

Zipperface

Hi, the manual say there is a option to change the race quality for lobbys. i never saw this option in gt-s, only gt5/6 had this.
    Where i can find it or how to activate?
    gghfg.JPG

3. Kalder

Kalder

Just came over to say hello and agree that this last update has messed it all up. I did one race B this week, with sportsmanship rating S, I've been in races with SR C where there was less ramming.
    PD Why? Just why?
    After two laps of getting rammed I started to ram people back, launched one into oblivion without getting a penalty.

4. DaDoc00

DaDoc00

The game is unplayable in online races. Smashed off to last position after great qualification. 8 races in a row. Gone from 16000 to 7000 Dr in that time. Still S Sr though, along with everyone else. Absolutely BS

dlshearon likes this.
  5. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

DR dropped from 16,000 to 7,000?! Oh wow that's unreal. I would be seriously p****d too.

6. DaDoc00

DaDoc00

Ridiculous, 4 races were FIA and lose 1000+ on the races. Very high door number, qualification top 5 in all races, finish dead last and lapped after getting smashed off multiple times with zero pens given to anyone. All racers had blue SR after race.

dlshearon and Scuderia Paul like this.
  7. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

Surely this is proof that the previous penalty systems were sort of working OK (if not totally consistently) they at least provided a deterrent against dirty driving.

ThePotatoKing, cosme and Kalder like this.
  8. DaDoc00

DaDoc00

I'm sure they know, if not only by reported driver increasing massively. Played again today. 5 or 6 races, because I'm C class was now I was pole for all but one. Won 3 and second in the rest. Hit off 1st on one race and couldn't recover the position but back up to B class for now. Surely they will sort it before next week.

ThePotatoKing and Cerebral303 like this.
  9. HarVee

HarVee

I have a feeling the removal of the penalties was intentionally done while PD try to figure out how to balance the system again. There is no way FIA would allow PD to do an online championship without any form of penalty system.

ThePotatoKing and Mc_Yavel like this.
  10. Ande3200

Ande3200

I think the next content update will arrive Jan 29 with 5 cars, no tracks. Soon we can pretty much expect the scanned time attack civic and lamborghini espado. It could be a good time to bring Ford shelby gt350r or gt500 to the game becouse we are still stuck with the base model

11. 05XR8

05XR8

I wouldn't be surprised to see the GR Yaris.

If there are cars this month, do PD kick it off with a bang? December was fine having the new Ford GT, many were screaming for(I know many prefer the race car, but still). The surprise Crown and 993. GTI kind of being the Standard-Premium.

A few cars made their 2020 debut:

- Super GT300 Supra
    - GR Yaris
    - Lamborghini Urus
    - Ford Mustang Mach E

I think we'll see PD place more electric cars in the updates.

ProjectF, HarVee, outofspace and 2 others like this.
  12. golfer07840

golfer07840

Ironically, GTS has turned into Wreckfest :lol::lol:

13. HarVee

HarVee

Hopefully if we get more EVs PD will create some EV groups to put them in and the other EVs too. EV1, EV2 etc. depending on their performance. This Gr.X for the EVs is just annoying.

I kind of hope that Prius touring car comes back. I liked it in GT6, and it fits the sport vibe they're going for.

14. NoStopN

NoStopN

And just like Wreckfest, I give slams back. :mischievous:

dlshearon and golfer07840 like this.
  15. GTV0819

GTV0819

I thought that date should be January 17.

16. JVCIILT

JVCIILT

Why do i need to delete 40gb of my hard drive space if update is only 2.5gb?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2020 at 11:56 AM
  17. watto79

watto79

The update process creates a backup of the game to do the update. GTSport has a large file size (100Gb+) so any update requires a significant amount of your hard drive. This is a PlayStation thing, not a GTSport thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2020 at 11:56 AM
    ProjectF, FoRiZon and Master Weasel like this.
  18. Ande3200

Ande3200

If it was we would had got a teaser. I still put my money on jan 29-31. We most likely get an teaser for the cars next week

Animedeaf and sirjim73 like this.
  19. GTV0819

GTV0819

Well, that's only a week from now.

20. TJC_69

TJC_69

I'm hanging back from sport mode until they put a penalty system back in. Until then it's lobby racing and the occasional sport mode quali lap or so. Glad I did so, all things read and considered.

Hoping the next update fixes this. I'm fine with harsh penalties as long as the algorithm for them has been well coded. Let's hope for a positive change. Give us decent racing again first, content can wait.

21. Ande3200

Ande3200

My money is that we get more info on the weekend, or early next week, But i don’t think we get a track this time, 5 cars possibly. I want a modern corvette anything from C5-c7 or a shelby gt350r.

22. Kiki_Haoru

Kiki_Haoru

I'm not even sure we will have anything this Months. My money is more on early February.

This is what PD says, but it doesn't seem true : other 100gb+ games on my console do not cause this issue when they update. This only happens with GTS.

23. GTV0819

GTV0819

So it's basically a GT Sport thing and not the other way around?

24. Kiki_Haoru

Kiki_Haoru

I believe it is, as no other game cause this issue for me, including huge games such as RDR2.