GTMSA | SuperGT World Tour II - Brands Indy Race Day!Open 

• Thread starter LancerEvo7
  • 234 comments
United States
LMSCorvetteGT2's Mom's House
GTP_LancerEvo7
cbBaUA0.png

Gran Turismo 4: Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8
Gran Turismo 5: Season 9 | Season 10 | Season 11 (World Tour I) | Akasaka Grand Prix
Gran Turismo 6: Matterhorn 90 | Season 12 (World Tour II)

Introduction

Welcome to the home of the first GTMSA series on Gran Turismo 6! A new platform means many changes, but one thing is certain: the racing will be just as good as ever. Last season saw a GT500 point battle that came down to the last race, and although GT300 had very low turnout and was abandoned part way through the season, the racing was extremely close even with just two or three cars. This season introduces personalized cars instead of those used in the real SuperGT season, the first timed races in series (and GTMSA) history, a third class, plus everything you've enjoyed since the mid-2000s.

Cars and Specifications

pzqvx7O.png

All cars use the 'Base Model' version. Chrome colors are prohibited.​

Number 1 is reserved for the champions of the previous season in both classes, Sassafras_3 in GT500, and LancerEvo7 in GT300. All other numbers will be allotted on a first-come, first-serve basis. The number 1 is the only number permitted to be used by more than one driver during the season (although I can personally confirm this will not be the case).

Race Day Procedure
The race room will open between 11:00 and 11:30 EDT on Sunday morning with the following settings:
  • Time: Varies by race
  • Time Progression: Varies by race
  • Weather: 10% at 'Rain Unlikely' rounds, 40% at 'Rain Likely' rounds, 80% at 'Rain Extremely Likely' rounds, 100% at Willow Springs
  • Weather Changeability: 10 at Willow Springs, 1 at all other races.
  • Damage: Full
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Draft: Real
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edges: Real
  • Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: Normal
Practice & Qualifying: Drivers will be able to practice freely until noon EDT, at which point the track will be reset for qualifying. When the track loads, it is immediately open for qualifying, which will last 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes are up, you may finish your current lap. A steward will record the qualifying times and the race will begin. As we begin the race with a pace lap, you are allowed to leave the track to make last minute changes once times are recorded.

Race: The race will be started as soon as times are recorded and all drivers are ready to begin. The first lap of every race, both timed and distance based, will be a pace lap. The pole sitter will lead this pace lap at a speed of around 60 miles per hour (100mph at Le Mans). Towards the end of the lap, the field will form up into a 2x2 grid, by overall qualifying order. Unlike most series, this one does not seperate the classes; if a GT300 qualifies ahead of a GT500 car, the GT300 will start ahead of the GT500 in the race.
The pole sitter is in control of the point where the race starts. They may start the race by going full throttle between pit entrance and the start/finish line. Once the leader starts, all drivers may race freely.

Tips
  • Unlike in GT5, full downforce isn't always best, especially in GT300.
  • It is recommended that you have a headlight flash button mapped to your controller, as every car is able to use it to communicate. It is a great way to warn a slower car of your presence.
  • In addition, microphones are allowed for race communication and for friendly chat during the race.
Points and Success Ballast

2nd: 20
3rd: 15
4th: 10
5th: 8
6th: 6
7th: 4
8th: 2
DNF: Last Place Points
DNS: 1/2 Last Place Points
DSQ: 0 Points

1 bonus point will be given to the polesitter and to the fastest race lap in each class. GT300 drivers will receive 1 bonus point for every GT500 they finish ahead of in overall classification.

Ballast:
1st: +25kg
2nd: +15kg
3rd: +5kg
4th: No Change
5th: -5kg*
6th: -10kg*
7th: -15kg*
8th: -20kg*
DNF: No Change
DNS: No Change
DSQ: +50kg

*If applicable.
Schedule
Preseason - Circuit de la Sarthe - 5th 24 Tours du Mans - 24 Laps
Time: 24H Cycle | Weather: Variable - Rain Likely
June 15, 2014

Round 1 - Daytona - 2nd Paul Revere 250km - 44 Laps
Time: Night | Weather: Variable - Rain Unlikely
June 29, 2014

Round 2 - Willow Springs - 1st Toyota 1 Hour of Big Willow - 1 Hour
Time: Night to Day | Weather: Dry with chance of fog
July 6, 2014

Round 3 - Mount Panorama Circuit - 1st Supercheap Auto Bathurst 200km - 32 Laps
Time: Day | Weather: Variable - Rain Likely
July 13, 2014

Round 4 - Twin Ring Motegi - 2nd Honda 150km - 31 Laps
Time: 24H Cycle | Weather: Variable - Rain Unlikely
July 20, 2014

Round 5 - Brands Hatch Indy '80s - 1st BRDC 150 - 150 Laps
Time: Dawn | Weather: Variable - Rain Unlikely
July 27, 2014

Round 6 - Spa-Francorchamps - 1st 90 Minutes of Spa - 90 Minutes
Time: 24H Cycle | Weather: Variable - Rain Extremely Likely
August 3, 2014

Round 7 - Nürburgring VLN Course - 2nd ADAC Nürburgring (250km) - 10 Laps
Time: 24H Cycle | Weather: Variable - Rain Likely
August 10, 2014

Postseason - TBA - GTMSA SuperGT AllStars - 500km (Non-Championship)
Time: 24H Cycle | Weather: Dry
August 17, 2014

To sign up, post your info in the following format, and tag me (@LancerEvo7) in your post. For GT300 drivers, Pro and Am classification will be decided by officials.

Number - Class - GTP Username / PSN Username - Car - Color(s)

Entry List
#1 - GT500 - @Sassafrass_3 / Sassafrass_3 - Lexus SC430 - Orange Pearl / Gold
#2 - GT500 - @SagarisGTB / sagarismic - Honda HSV-010 - Orange / Black
#4 - GT500 - @rap129 / rap129 - Nissan GT-R - Orange / TBD
#7 - GT300-Pro - NZNZNZNZNZNZNZNZ - RX-7 - Yellow/Black
#13 - GT500 - @racefan88 / racefan8850 - Nissan GT-R - TBD / TBD
#14 - GT300-Pro - @M0NSTER97 / bigtexlpfan97 - Subaru BRZ - TBD/TBD
#16 - GT500 - @Roflwaffle / Am36925 - Lexus SC430 - Montego Blue / TBD
#27- GT300-Pro - @3LV10 / xNeroZero - Mazda RX7 - Black/Black
#31 - GT300-Am - @MatheusBond / Matheus-007 - Amemiya RX-7 - Yellow / TBD
#35 - GT300-Pro - @ReilavaC / I_CavZee_I - Lexus IS350 - Red/Black
#38 - GT300-Am - @CAMikaze / GTP_CAMikaze - ASL Garaiya - Blue / TBD
#43 - GT300-Pro - @LancerEvo7 / GTP_LancerEvo7 - ASL Garaiya - Blue / Yellow
#44 - GT500 - @Ninners / Nin-Chin - Nissan GT-R - TBD / TBD
#50 - GT300-Am - @redbullrider20's Brother / motoracer50 - Amemiya RX-7 - Neon Green / Black

Italicized entries are Le Mans only. Underlined entries denote the current series champions.​

Last edited:
The formula I saw towards the end of the last season was excellent. That, along with the addition of Base Models, means I'm definitely in when the racing begins. Hopefully I get #46 too... ;)

I would love to be involved with the GT6 version of this series. Any ideas on dates or times yet? That would be the biggest concern for me

^No idea on the day or time yet. Once I see how much interest there is, we'll choose a time slot that suits the most people.

Lancer I can get that new banner for you. Not sure if I'm racing yet or if I'm going to give my brother a shot in this series.

EDIT: Here is what I could do. Not the best but at least I'm not charging you ;)
--->http://imageshack.us/a/img59/3250/m56d.png<---

Last edited:
Nice plug, *wink* anyway I will hope for a late GMT start and go from there.

Once the schedule (with date/time) is released I can conclude if I can participate in the series.

I will say if I get a invite to race my WEC spec prototype in the Le Mans race I am going to since it's not a points race.

Glad to hear there's a good amount of interest. To be honest, I'm waiting for PD to sort all the issues with pit stops online before we get started. I'll make sure to get in touch with everyone when the time comes. 👍

What are the pit problems?

Basically, the set of tires you start the race on have a different grip and wear than the ones you receive when you pit. There are also issues where you aren't able to pick what tires and how much fuel you want when you pit.

Basically, the set of tires you start the race on have a different grip and wear than the ones you receive when you pit. There are also issues where you aren't able to pick what tires and how much fuel you want when you pit.

Arrr, pretty fundamental issues then. Dammit PD!

is the nsx and supra prohibited from this championship?
I'm guessing they want to go with one car per manufacturer and the HSV and SC430 got the nod over the tricky NSX and ancient Supra. I suppose they could have went for the 2008 line-up (SC430-GTR-NSX) but the NSX is a tough little bitch and nobody would have chosen to drive it. If all the cars are balanced, why choose the NSX over the much more stable SC430 and GT-R, it's just much more difficult to be consistent and not make mistakes in that car.

The HSV is the right choice here. At GP/D I also got near identical times with the HSV compared to the GT-R, the SC430 was about 7 tenths behind. I think Lancer's "current specs" are probably pretty close to the mark as it is. 👍

how about doing a mini super gt while we wait for the update

could do shorter races without tire wear and fuel and possibly have 2 races per event

i was meaning about setting it up with shorter races etc

its just that if i know anything about polyphony we could be waiting months for them to fix the pit stops

This looks interesting! I'll join for sure once the schedule is released. Also, can I participate in the Matterhorn 90 even though I'm not officially in the series?

Last edited:
This looks interesting! I'll join for sure once the schedule is released. Also, can I participate in the Matterhorn 90 even though I'm not officially in the series?
Absolutely! It's a great way to see how a race will work.

Back