(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TUNES

Suspension:
120 / 110
min / max
1 / 1
1 / 1
7 / 7
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / 0.00

Brakes:
4 / 4

LSD:

5 / X
30 / X
5 / X

Downforce:
max / min

Ballast Position:
+50
Suspension:
100 / 95
min / 11.50
1 / 1
1 / 1
7 / 7
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / 0.00

Brakes:
4 / 4

LSD:

X / 5
X / 15
X / 5

Downforce:
max / min

Ballast Position:
+34
Suspension:
120 / 115
min / min
1 / 1
1 / 1
7 / 7
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / 0.00

Brakes:
4 / 4

LSD:

X / 5
X / 15
X / 5

Downforce:
max / min

Ballast Position:
+24
Suspension:
70/ 65
min / min
1 / 1
1 / 1
7 / 7
0.0 / 0.0

Brakes:
4 / 4

LSD:

5 / X
30 / X
5 / X

Downforce:
max / min

Last edited:
Big thanks to everyone who came in tonight, even if it was for 5 minutes, every little helped. Here's my view on the BOP;

The cars aren't even across an individual track. Close, but not perfect. They are however perfect across the entire season. Great job @TNR_KING_FILO

I'll start with the two biggest headlining cars; VW and Honda. These two cars are the fastest and the slowest. I've kinda ignore filo's times as he's an alien lol, but I know ash, storm noir and I can admit we are pretty evenly matched.

At the nub the vows the fastest car and the slowest car was the Honda. However at trial mountain the Honda was he fastest and the vw was the slowest. These times varied by about half a second. The vw was fast on a straight but through high speed corners the Honda pulled it in massively.

The Nissan and Toyota on the other hand were even across all rounds. They ran at Podium pace every time, and that's a dangerous combination with consistent drivers like noir and delta.

So I hope people can understand this. Each car has its own ability. The vw and Honda will either score a brilliant or mediocre haul of points, whereas the Nissan and Toyota will score good points all the time. Also, the gaps between vw and Honda are only half a second, and this will be pegged back a bit by the success pen.

I hope everyone can see what I'm trying to explain. In my opinion filo has done an awesome job with bop. Perhaps an minor alteration may be needed to a car or too but it all seems fine, I will be updating everything over the weekend and hope to hold a test night next week where we do a short race on each track so people can see what I explained above.

But a great night, a good laugh and his season can not come any quicker. Thanks everyone

Does the flash drive have to be formatted?
Nope. You can use it like you do on a pc, unless of course it's brand new :lol:
I do it another way. Take the photo and save it. Go to community and share the photo. Then on a pc log into the community site. You can view your shard pics and they are easy to open then you can save them. Similar to if you wanted a picture of the car you shared (see the way the cars look in the regs if you dont understand)

Both work fine but I find the community way easier as I do think have to look for a usb stick or transfer anything lol

I do it another way. Take the photo and save it. Go to community and share the photo. Then on a pc log into the community site. You can view your shard pics and they are easy to open then you can save them. Similar to if you wanted a picture of the car you shared (see the way the cars look in the regs if you dont understand)

Both work fine but I find the community way easier as I do think have to look for a usb stick or transfer anything lol

Thanks, but already got it all sorted. Now I have a lot of free time all of a sudden, I'm working on my own team photo. :P

Only thing you're perfect of is causing a mass pile up on the start line ;)

1 banter point to true :lol:

I false started because I haven't played in two weeks and had forgotten. :P

What do you think of my attempt? :D

Team Photo2.png

Okay, so I wasn't around at Nurb to do testing, but Trail Mountain was the first time setting a competitve lap online anywhere. Before that, I set some laps in cars at Spa Francorchamps offline. To be honest, I am using very similar tuning to FILO, but toe angles and LSD settings were practically stock. While True and Ash were in the room I tested the Honda, VW and Toyota.

Honda: My first competitive lap was impressive, just decided to attack the circuit to find the limits in a dummy run, went off a few times, then hammered the track second time round. Car felt good, understeer was a slight issue but I think the right dif. setting can fix that up nicely. Good turn of pace, so long as you keep it out of the mid RPM range, and the low torque and slightly less power is helped by less weight.

Volks: The VW felt nice to drive, no question about that, the weight distribution helping to give the car a nice sweep when cornering. That said, it has a fair amount of minor flaws. There was a fair bit of understeer when on the throttle, and on parts of the track it would understeer on braking and turn-in wherever Trail Mountain dipped into a corner. On the flipside, the felt floating around bumpy sections and could step out on the rise of some sections of track. Unrelentingly fast in a straight line.

Toyota: I'll state this now... I ran it at 320 bhp / 1140 kg in the short race but then bumped up the power to 330 bhp when I was running solo in the lobby. I was quite disappointed in this car as it goes. It was faster at Trail Mountain than the VW, but I had used the VW after the Honda (which handles a lot differently for a FF) and only for a few laps. This one I kinda had to plug away at it for a decent number of laps. slightly understeery in the turns even with ballast setting the weight dist. to 50/50 but still very much able to outdo the FFs... however on the throttle it was dancing quite a lot on the limit and it got twitchy at various points in the corners with it. It can be ferocious though, it just didn't deliver in testing and I don't quite understand why...

Nissan: I only ran a few laps in this, but at Trial Mountain, I have to put this car under some serious questioning. Power is on par with the VW, cornering is probably better than the Toyota and Honda by a fair way if I am honest. Whenever a car is given a spec, and I get the car on track and it feels as though it is giving me the feeling that I DON'T need to tweak the setup from whatever I've just slapped on it... either that suits my driving style so AMAZINGLY well... or the car has some significant advantage on the rest. I need people to test this Nissan, and if people aren't agreeing with me, then perhaps I should reconsider my car of choice! ;)

I false started because I haven't played in two weeks and had forgotten. :P

What do you think of my attempt? :D

View attachment 557013
You went on the first light :lol: looks great though mate

Okay, so I wasn't around at Nurb to do testing, but Trail Mountain was the first time setting a competitve lap online anywhere. Before that, I set some laps in cars at Spa Francorchamps offline. To be honest, I am using very similar tuning to FILO, but toe angles and LSD settings were practically stock. While True and Ash were in the room I tested the Honda, VW and Toyota.

Honda: My first competitive lap was impressive, just decided to attack the circuit to find the limits in a dummy run, went off a few times, then hammered the track second time round. Car felt good, understeer was a slight issue but I think the right dif. setting can fix that up nicely. Good turn of pace, so long as you keep it out of the mid RPM range, and the low torque and slightly less power is helped by less weight.

Volks: The VW felt nice to drive, no question about that, the weight distribution helping to give the car a nice sweep when cornering. That said, it has a fair amount of minor flaws. There was a fair bit of understeer when on the throttle, and on parts of the track it would understeer on braking and turn-in wherever Trail Mountain dipped into a corner. On the flipside, the felt floating around bumpy sections and could step out on the rise of some sections of track. Unrelentingly fast in a straight line.

Toyota: I'll state this now... I ran it at 320 bhp / 1140 kg in the short race but then bumped up the power to 330 bhp when I was running solo in the lobby. I was quite disappointed in this car as it goes. It was faster at Trail Mountain than the VW, but I had used the VW after the Honda (which handles a lot differently for a FF) and only for a few laps. This one I kinda had to plug away at it for a decent number of laps. slightly understeery in the turns even with ballast setting the weight dist. to 50/50 but still very much able to outdo the FFs... however on the throttle it was dancing quite a lot on the limit and it got twitchy at various points in the corners with it. It can be ferocious though, it just didn't deliver in testing and I don't quite understand why...

Nissan: I only ran a few laps in this, but at Trial Mountain, I have to put this car under some serious questioning. Power is on par with the VW, cornering is probably better than the Toyota and Honda by a fair way if I am honest. Whenever a car is given a spec, and I get the car on track and it feels as though it is giving me the feeling that I DON'T need to tweak the setup from whatever I've just slapped on it... either that suits my driving style so AMAZINGLY well... or the car has some significant advantage on the rest. I need people to test this Nissan, and if people aren't agreeing with me, then perhaps I should reconsider my car of choice! ;)
Yeah I think the Toyota and Nissan need to be looked at, but probably not much. Hopefully we can do that next week in a test lobby.

I think testing the Toyota and Nissan specifically is needed in the next test session, leave the Honda and VW for the session after we've checked the two FRs together.

I think testing the Toyota and Nissan specifically is needed in the next test session, leave the Honda and VW for the session after we've checked the two FRs together.
I think the Honda and VW are fine. They are both on the extremes of being the fastest or the slowest, which is really good going to each round knowing what the car is capable of.

in what way do the Nissan and Toyota need changing?
There were a few concerns about the mid corner handling of the Toyota, but perhaps that was just individual drivers. The Nissan may need a bit of extra weight. But it's a bit difficult testing with a few cars. There may not need to be any changes but hopefully we can try do 'circuit tour' next week. But I think the BOP is awesome, however people will really need to understand if you are slower at one track then its fine, because you will be faster at another. It's going to make for an awesome season.

I think the Honda and VW are fine. They are both on the extremes of being the fastest or the slowest, which is really good going to each round knowing what the car is capable of.

There were a few concerns about the mid corner handling of the Toyota, but perhaps that was just individual drivers. The Nissan may need a bit of extra weight. But it's a bit difficult testing with a few cars. There may not need to be any changes but hopefully we can try do 'circuit tour' next week. But I think the BOP is awesome, however people will really need to understand if you are slower at one track then its fine, because you will be faster at another. It's going to make for an awesome season.
i was also wondering about the nissan's weight but i tested on fast fuel wear as i thought we would use that as last season

Back