Is this the end?

I don't really think this is the end, but I stopped caring as much about course maker than before. I still have love for gt6 but it's not as entertaining. Maybe I should play online more to have fun though.

I- In 2015, Update 1.20
II - In 2015, 3 maintenances, early July
III- GT7 (rumor)
IV- GT7
V- FIA
VI- End of August, early september
VII- Mini-update for bugs

And..... I said "very little news" no "not news".

Looks like a whole lot more interesting 'not news' in 2014 then there has been this summer :lol:.

I don't know if it's the end but yesterday I bought 100€ second hand computer (core2duo, 3GB RAM, gt 7300) and I'm enjoying LFS, rfactor, GTLegends, GTR2....

This lack of news has made me buy the PC and try PC simulators. For me, car sounds makes the difference. Now at 100km/h feels I'm not going slow.

Since I want to sell my PS3 I had to buy another controller (I broke the DS3) and so I was able to check the number of participants in latest seasonals. Good timing too as there's some ending today.

( Btw - I got used sixaxis for 21 euro and the analogue sticks are soooo smooth - better than my old DS3. )

We have data from 2014 to compare.

May 26th 2014:

Final numbers - (registration is over)

Huayra / Tokyo R246 TT (Car provided) - 123k

Cappuccino / Willow Spring - Streets Of Willow TT - 53k

Megance R.S. / Twin Ring Motegi East Course TT - 63k

Corvette / Daytona Road Course Drift Trial - 55k

Non Final Numbers - ongoing registration

GTA Round 3 - (7 days) - 69k

BMW VGT / Nürburgring GP/F TT (12 days) - 210k

Megane Hot Lap - 76k (yesterday)

So in the sense of player base it's not the end yet. Considering that not everyone does the seasonals and that for a VGT the numbers were usually 180-200% of the normal seasonal then people playing GT6 regularly/irregularly amount to maybe 150-200k.

Also since I haven't played GT6 in 4 months. (+-) it was interesting to see my own reaction.

I tried to play the seasonal race - bored after 2 laps.

Tried playing the quick match - disconnected from server 3 times in a row.

Tried a hot lap with a Mito - after Assetto Corsa it's just lacking in physics and the CH are WAY to grippy.

I just played GT6 for the first time after playing Project CARS for about 3 months, and it was horrid. All the aliasing and framerate drops just killed the experience, the physics were still decent, but Project CARS is just much more realistic in general.

Are Sony spacing out the remaining content for GT6 to coincide with the Forza 6 release in September? Will GT Sport materialise as a real game for PS4? Has the Kaz gone into hibernation? Questions questions.

I just played GT6 for the first time after playing Project CARS for about 3 months, and it was horrid. All the aliasing and framerate drops just killed the experience, the physics were still decent, but Project CARS is just much more realistic in general.

Borrowed my friends ps4 and copy of project cars, it does look amazing.
Wondering what it's gona feel like to go back to GT6 when i'm used to next gen graphics, however i still prefer GT physics.

If GT7 has the sound & AI that Project cars had then i think it will come close to the perfect game for me.

Borrowed my friends ps4 and copy of project cars, it does look amazing.
Wondering what it's gona feel like to go back to GT6 when i'm used to next gen graphics, however i still prefer GT physics.

If GT7 has the sound & AI that Project cars had then i think it will come close to the perfect game for me.
Did you try it with a wheel? To me, Project CARS has a far superior physics engine.

Sooooo... for all of you who did not pre-order, you received everything that was promised on day one of game launch? I think we all missed out on the same promises, right?

I picked it up 6 months after release. Strangely enough the following sequence of events occured -

By that time all of my die hard GT5, play every day online buddies had stopped playing. I had to try and coax them back. With minimal results.
I started my 100% completion project on the game, finding it much easier than GT5.
I was surprised that the CM wasn't available at that point still, but had every confidence that PD would deliver it when it was bug free/ completed.
Updates, missing features were added, VGT cars seemed regular.
I played daily, inbetween work.

Fast forward to present day-

Got bored after 100% completion, 300+ million credits legitimately grinded for, 440+ cars bought and found online competition to be easy to beat in most circumstances.
GT started looking old and undetailed to me, Pcars YouTube video footage looked and sounded amazing.
Found the fact that the CM still wasn't included yet to be an absolutely bizarre turn of events. Lost all confidence in PD delivering on its promises.
Updates seemed less common, VGTs were one fad after another and felt less and less worth waiting for.
Played less often, daily login bonus was a forced 'chore' more than encouragement to play.
Great friend of mine picked up a PS4 and Project CARS, showed me how different it was.
Easy decision to upgrade to current gen followed.

I agree with that Hami. Question is ; Would you do the same with 7, knowing how 6 has turned out? Personally I feel game pre ordering is not for me. Even before pre ordering was ever thought of I wouldn't rush out on day one. Unbiased, if you can ever find such, user feedback is more important to my decision making than future disappointment. Especially in this " rush it out, we'll patch it later " period of gaming history.

Last edited:
Sooooo... for all of you who did not pre-order, you received everything that was promised on day one of game launch? I think we all missed out on the same promises, right?
No, but I did get to pay 20 bucks for a game that was worth just 20 bucks :P. I bought it when the price had dropped to a level that I found acceptable for the amount of content and improvements the game had.

It's not just about that though. If you preorder, the company gets their money no matter what the initial state of the game is like. You already paid for it, you can't get your money back if you're not satisfied. All you can do is wait and hope that the game gets the features you thought it would get.

If people don't preorder, the developers are forced to make a game that would pass for being complete on the day of its release. If people do preorder, the developers are not forced to make a game that looks like it is complete on the day of its release.

The trend today is that games are released more and more imcomplete, with a bigger and bigger emphasis on the "day one patch". The more people preorder, the more gamers are paying the companies to do their quality assurance jobs for free.

For me it is. Course maker is not about to bring me back either. I doubt that it turns out to be amazing. I'll just wait for GT7 and see how that is. I'm hearing that GT6 is dead when it comes to the online as well.

No, but I did get to pay 20 bucks for a game that was worth just 20 bucks :P. I bought it when the price had dropped to a level that I found acceptable for the amount of content and improvements the game had.

It's not just about that though. If you preorder, the company gets their money no matter what the initial state of the game is like. You already paid for it, you can't get your money back if you're not satisfied. All you can do is wait and hope that the game gets the features you thought it would get.

If people don't preorder, the developers are forced to make a game that would pass for being complete on the day of its release. If people do preorder, the developers are not forced to make a game that looks like it is complete on the day of its release.

The trend today is that games are released more and more imcomplete, with a bigger and bigger emphasis on the "day one patch". The more people preorder, the more gamers are paying the companies to do their quality assurance jobs for free.

You do realise that you don't have to outlay the *full* amount when you pre-order don't you? You can leave a $20 deposit & wait till release day to pay the rest.
And you can opt to change your mind if you have any doubts & use your deposit on something else.
What you said only makes sense if everyone pre-ordered with the full amount.

"you do realize" that that's not the case with digital distribution, right?

you know, the type of distribution that's getting more and more common and is causing physical stores to close down at a relatively fast pace

But yes, I do know that it's not always the full amount in old fashioned stores. It sometimes is, though.

"you do realize" that that's not the case with digital distribution, right?

you know, the type of distribution that's getting more and more common and is causing physical stores to close down at a relatively fast pace

But yes, I do know that it's not always the full amount in old fashioned stores. It sometimes is, though.

Sure, I know that, & it will be a shame once old fashioned stores disappear for good.
I thought you were commenting on people who pre-ordered GT6 however, in which case it was possible to leave a deposit on pre-order & pay the rest when you pick it up.
Thus the money didn't go to the developer up front, & hence my comment.
I'm aware of the digital ordering trend that's happening & in a lot of ways it's taking away our freedom to choose.

The game is ok for casuals I guess, not for the kind of me who wants a game that competes with today's other racing simulators, and also a complete game.

Seems GT6 still selling sufficient enough as it's in the top 10 for PSN July sales
...On PS3, at least. Sufficient enough to be in the top ten, but without any way of knowing how well that is outside of that specific measurement.

Like how the top selling Vita game was whatever "J-STARS Victory VS+" is, but how pitiful does a game need to sell to still make it to the top of that list?

Back