Kazunori Yamauchi GameSpot Interview: Features, Fan Feedback and the Development Process

Glad I'm not the only one who finds this odd. I would imagine that designing the game's economy and reward system is easier than programming physics, making car models, recording sounds, and other complex areas of the game. The fact that they still can't decide how much money can be earned from events, how much cars cost, etc. after all this time is quite concerning to say the least.

I guess it explains why the single player aspects of GT5 and 6 are so weird. They must not have someone who designs this stuff, they must just throw it together at the last minute. Which is a shame, because I've thought for a long time that GT5 and 6 have all the systems available to be great games, they just lack the structure to really let people have fun. People who don't want to just free play, anyway.

I hope GTS isn't the same. I hope they've taken the time to design a progression structure that is fun and rewarding for people who enjoy that sort of challenge.

145 events
Gran-Turismo-Sport-campaign-mode-overview.jpeg

More like 95 Campaign events. Don't need 50 events where I learn how to accelerate, brake and turn. Though I guess you can teach an old dog some new tricks.

I was a huge GT fanboy back in the day and would pre-order months in advance of even the first missed launch date for the previous titles (since GT5P). But after being spoiled by Assetto Corsa, Project CARS and Dirt Rally for the past couple years, I have no ambition to put money down on GTS, based on what I've heard so far. It's going to take much more than 'quality' to lure me, especially with PC2 on the way and continued stream of DLC still trickling out for AC. And if I get even a hint of the classic GT 'Grind' to unlock features or content, then I'm out for good. I just don't have the time or patience to play that way anymore.

One thing that PD has to do is up the polygon counts of the cars (both interior and exterior) during gameplay.
IMG_2211.PNG
IMG_2209.PNG
IMG_2210.PNG
IMG_2203.PNG
IMG_2207.PNG
IMG_2205.PNG
IMG_2215.PNG
I really hope PD will smoothen out the polygon edges when the final game comes out, because they really do bug me. And I don't really care if the frame-rate will suffer under it, I want the cars to have as little polygon edges as possible. :/

These pictures aren't mine, so I will give credit to the owners later in a edit.

Last edited:
One thing that PD has to do is up the polygon counts of the cars (both interior and exterior) during gameplay.
View attachment 656614 View attachment 656611
View attachment 656610 View attachment 656609 View attachment 656606 View attachment 656607 View attachment 656608 I really hope PD will smoothen out the polygon edges when the final game comes out, because they really do bug me. And I don't really care if the frame-rate will suffer under it, I want the cars to have as little polygon edges as possible. :/

These pictures aren't mine, so I will give credit to the owners later in a edit.

I hardly notice that crap when I'm driving over 200km/h through the dips and bobs of the nordschleife chasing a Scirocco and having a GT-R up my rear.

I hardly notice that crap when I'm driving over 200km/h through the dips and bobs of the nordschleife chasing a Scirocco and having a GT-R up my rear.
But I and others do. They're also supposed to be the most detailed cars, but that's only the case when you're going to Scapes mode. Some cars barely suffer under this though, but others (especially the Mercedes-Benzes) suffer more. :/

But I and others do. They're also supposed to be the most detailed cars, but that's only the case when you're going to Scapes mode. Some cars barely suffer under this though, but others (especially the Mercedes-Benzes) suffer more. :/

The cars look really fine when playing the beta. Not sure what you mean. Your car will always have the highest LOD. Unless you're talking about Aliasing and even that is fine.

The cars look really fine when playing the beta. Not sure what you mean. Your car will always have the highest LOD. Unless you're talking about Aliasing and even that is fine.
I'm talking about the polygon edges. But then again, most cars DO look great during gameplay (except the Mercs)! I'm probably just being a drama king. I'm just more of a pessimist. :P

snip
I really hope PD will smoothen out the polygon edges when the final game comes out, because they really do bug me. And I don't really care if the frame-rate will suffer under it, I want the cars to have as little polygon edges as possible. :/

Well while I understand your position I usually am on the other side. I'll compromise on graphics for performance any time. (Played cs:go, always on lowest settings)

Coming from pc I still don't understand why most games refuse to give graphical options. Some people like to play full graphics some prefer full perdormance

Back