MOTOGP 18

• Thread starter jpine324
  • 276 comments
Like I said a few posts ago. . . When I pre-ordred it (through Milestones own website - it redirected me to the Microsoft Store) there was NO option for a PS4 version. The reason I ordered it for the Xblox 1. I would have preferred it on PS4 but under U.S. there was zero option to buy/pre-order it.

I checked last night on my Games/Apps and it is scheduled to download tonight at 11:00pm CST. It shows I own it and that it is waiting for release. I have yet to see a PS4 NTSC version. You can order it from Amazon.co.uk.
I only have PS4 so I need to wait for it to release on the PS Store to download. Milestone confirmed a messaged I sent them on FB that it will be released on the 7th thru the PS Store. So I am hoping it is still true.

Planning on staying up late to get the download started so I can for sure play tomorrow

I am beyond excited for this game!

Thanks for the info, JP. If that's the case I'll get it for the PS4 too. :cheers:

It's weird though, it shows on the Microsoft store. . .

I loaded up the game on my standard Xbox one and the graphics are very very blurry, nothing like the videos I have watched in the past week.

Some text in the menus are fine but on the whole very blurry, very disappointed.

Maybe the patch didn’t work for me? It was late and I didn’t restart the console once downloaded. Hopefully all will be fine tonight when I try again

Shouldn't need to restart the machine when the patch is installed @I_Leak_Oil , but you'd definitely need to restart the game if you started it before it finished installing.

I have the same issue with it @I_Leak_Oil , it's very blurry on my standard Xbox One as well. Graphics are no where near MotoGP 17 crisp even. I do love how @ 11:00 pm I was able to play it because it had already installed the game and the patch on my Xbox, last week and then when the patch released - do like that about the Microsoft store and Xbox.

I ran some TT at Argentina and it was kinda... meh. Been playing 17 of late ramping myself up for 18, and after running a handful of laps - disappointed with the graphics. Rest of the game seemed good, and really like the new menus. I'll definitely have to run it some more, but after seeing the game on my TV versus people with a 4K TV and Xbox 1X, it may be time to upgrade. . .

There's definitely a difference in graphics, I don't think the YouTube videos do it justice.
The game doesn't look as "sharp" but there is a lot more detail in the track, bikes and the riders.

There is definitely a difference... blurry probably isn't the right word. I will say that the track looks better, like the actual track surface - looks more realistic for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loaded up the game on my standard Xbox one and the graphics are very very blurry, nothing like the videos I have watched in the past week.

Some text in the menus are fine but on the whole very blurry, very disappointed.

Maybe the patch didn’t work for me? It was late and I didn’t restart the console once downloaded. Hopefully all will be fine tonight when I try again
I have been reading the comments on FB this morning on Milestone post. It sounds like XBOX is having the blur issue. I was talking with a guy in UK that picked it up on PS4. He did say it wasn't as crisp, and some blur in the distance but not like the guys complaining on PS4.

with all these blurry complaints going around. I’m wondering if I should just buy it on pc instead. Somebody would mod the files to make it crisp I’m sure.

with all these blurry complaints going around. I’m wondering if I should just buy it on pc instead. Somebody would mod the files to make it crisp I’m sure.
Not sure what your playing on, but it sounds worse right now on XBOX vs PS4.

I’m looking to buy it for ps4. It sucks that PlayStation got the short end of the stick in the us.
Sure does buddy!! I got up early before work to get the download started so I could get on tonight. But no luck. Still no luck. I did see they have a MOTOGP 18 Theme and you can buy the multiplier for credits an XP for the game. But still no game.

I have a feeling it might not show up until Tuesday when the PS store usually updates.

Not sure what your playing on, but it sounds worse right now on XBOX vs PS4.

I haven't sat and played enough to decide if it truly looks "worse" than the previous game. With the Unreal engine it def looks different. It's not like it looks like a PS2 game or something - but the colors are not as vibrant, and say, cartoony as the previous games. I'm interested to see how MXGP Pro looks against MXGP3 now. Hope you guys get the PS4 option soon!

Sure does buddy!! I got up early before work to get the download started so I could get on tonight. But no luck. Still no luck. I did see they have a MOTOGP 18 Theme and you can buy the multiplier for credits an XP for the game. But still no game.

I have a feeling it might not show up until Tuesday when the PS store usually updates.

Weird, I got that for booster pack (multiplier and credits) for free. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, I got that for booster pack (multiplier and credits) for free. . .
I got the multiplier free too for 17' last year when we could preorder the game. 17' was a gamestop exclusive for US last year. Now we are stuck playing the waiting game. A lot of similarities to years past in the videos I have seen. Doesn't look like much has changed. I was really hoping for a huge JUMP to this version. Doesn't look like a huge jump yet. Maybe they don't put as much on their plate for 19' and they can give more time into this game instead of trying to push out 4 games in one year.

I get them every year. I'm in the same boat, I was hoping for a huge jump, especially in graphics with the unreal engine. From the reports and videos on youtube, it doesn't seem like a huge change at all. I'd say I'm a bit leery of downloading it (whenever it shows up in the US store), but I know I'll get it anyway.

I've been spoiled by DC Bikes and GT Sport's graphics, and would love to see a MotoGP game look that good. I understand Milestone is a smaller dev, I get that, but with the unreal engine I was hoping for a complete lighting and material shader overhaul. Lighting is so key in racing games IMO.

But, it sounds like the handling is solid and I'm sure it'll be fun to play. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see this back to 60fps on console in the next few years once they optimize the engine.

Track scenery looks last gen, colours are all washed out and this is on a ps4 pro so I'm hoping there's going to be a patch to sort this but in all honesty it looks like a step backwards to me.

It plays great but looks bad.

Track scenery looks last gen, colours are all washed out and this is on a ps4 pro so I'm hoping there's going to be a patch to sort this but in all honesty it looks like a step backwards to me.

It plays great but looks bad.
Atleast your playing. I can deal with the not so great graphics. It is more about feel for me with the bike and that I am looking forward to. I just want to play and I am stuck until they release it on PS Store

Atleast your playing. I can deal with the not so great graphics. It is more about feel for me with the bike and that I am looking forward to. I just want to play and I am stuck until they release it on PS Store
My friend, it's up!

Downloading now.

Edit- anyone get the theme?

Okay I tried a wet race and it's like night and day compared to dry conditions, it's like the game has been optimised for rain racing and it does look impressive in the rain and I do love the way the bikes wobble during braking and coming out of the apexes.

Okay I tried a wet race and it's like night and day compared to dry conditions, it's like the game has been optimised for rain racing and it does look impressive in the rain and I do love the way the bikes wobble during braking and coming out of the apexes.
I noticed that too in the videos I was watching. Really liking how the bike moves around under braking. Can't wait to spin my wheels. Going to try the online tonight see how do before everyone else gets really good at it

Back