MOTOGP 18

• Thread starter jpine324
  • 276 comments
So far I put in about 18-20 hours of game time. My gf has been good about it too, not complaining which is great. Lol for some reason I can play online. Always get an error to connect to the online server. Having a blast just doing career mode. Playing at 60% until I get a better feel for the physics. Hoping to be at 70-80 % within the next couple of days. Really loving the gameplay

So far I put in about 18-20 hours of game time. My gf has been good about it too, not complaining which is great. Lol for some reason I can play online. Always get an error to connect to the online server. Having a blast just doing career mode. Playing at 60% until I get a better feel for the physics. Hoping to be at 70-80 % within the next couple of days. Really loving the gameplay
I'm in the same boat running about 65% on career mode. If I could figure out bike tuning I could run much higher. I just can't keep the grip levels I want the RedBull bike. But I am usually getting the win still passing the leader on the last lap.

I saw someone else asking about the starts. I can't figure the start out for the life of me. I always drop back 5-6 spots on the starts. Any tips, also would love some tuning help if anyone has some good setups. I just need a baseline.

I'm in the same boat running about 65% on career mode. If I could figure out bike tuning I could run much higher. I just can't keep the grip levels I want the RedBull bike. But I am usually getting the win still passing the leader on the last lap.

I saw someone else asking about the starts. I can't figure the start out for the life of me. I always drop back 5-6 spots on the starts. Any tips, also would love some tuning help if anyone has some good setups. I just need a baseline.
As someone suggested earlier tuning the first gear ratio a few notches towards acceleration helps a bit.👍

I sort of figured out the launch. Basically dont hold the throttle down to the limiter. Hold it a little under the rev limiter. And time the light hit the throttle. I keep my pace and even pass other riders now.

So Sunday night I had started the Career mode, running the Red Bull cup, and everything was pretty good... 'til I get to Mugello. The game started pausing every 5 seconds or so, terrible frame freeze. So I decide to throw MotoGP 17 back in and play some more on it, just for comparisons sake.

funny thing is that my wife was sitting on the couch (on Pinterest or Facebook, whatever) and when I put MotoGP 17 in she said the other one looked better, that the other one looked more realistic and the one I was playing now (motoGP 17) looked cartoony. Last night we watched The Hobbit (again) and after the movie I decided to play some more of my career on 18, and Mugello wasn't pausing like it was - so that was good, and she said again that this one looked better than the other one. First, I never really thought she gave a flying flip to any game I was playing (other than Tomb Raider games - she's a nut for those :confused:). And second, I guess MotoGP 18 isn't as bad graphically as I seemed to think it was. :lol:

Anyway, I am really enjoying 18, however, I tried to do some MP again last night (2nd time) and it just wouldn't connect to the online server. . . anyone else experiencing this?

So Sunday night I had started the Career mode, running the Red Bull cup, and everything was pretty good... 'til I get to Mugello. The game started pausing every 5 seconds or so, terrible frame freeze. So I decide to throw MotoGP 17 back in and play some more on it, just for comparisons sake.

funny thing is that my wife was sitting on the couch (on Pinterest or Facebook, whatever) and when I put MotoGP 17 in she said the other one looked better, that the other one looked more realistic and the one I was playing now (motoGP 17) looked cartoony. Last night we watched The Hobbit (again) and after the movie I decided to play some more of my career on 18, and Mugello wasn't pausing like it was - so that was good, and she said again that this one looked better than the other one. First, I never really thought she gave a flying flip to any game I was playing (other than Tomb Raider games - she's a nut for those :confused:). And second, I guess MotoGP 18 isn't as bad graphically as I seemed to think it was. :lol:

Anyway, I am really enjoying 18, however, I tried to do some MP again last night (2nd time) and it just wouldn't connect to the online server. . . anyone else experiencing this?
Yeah same issues here with the online. I connected to a race once got about 1 lap in and disconnected.

I have just been playing career mode. Just moved up the Moto3. Not a huge difference in bikes from the rookies bike to Moto3. In 17' it was damn near impossible to spin your rear with the Moto3. Now it does require a little bit of throttle control. Also I dropped the difficulty so I am more competitive with the lower rated bike that I signed with. Also I am still winning and I am banking my development points for when I move up to Moto2 or GP. I just really hope I don't loose my points when I switch classes.

I could still use some help with a good base line tune for a bike. I have been looking on YT for videos but nothing much on tuning yet.

I personally think 18 looks much better than 17, especially in wet track/ rain conditions. It's a shame they have had to drop the frame rate to 30fps, it would have been nice to have the option to up it to 60fps on the PS4 Pro/XBONE X though.

I had a similar issue to you on Mugello earlier as well, the stuttering stopped after 1 and a half laps thankfully.

Yeah same issues here with the online. I connected to a race once got about 1 lap in and disconnected.

I have just been playing career mode. Just moved up the Moto3. Not a huge difference in bikes from the rookies bike to Moto3. In 17' it was damn near impossible to spin your rear with the Moto3. Now it does require a little bit of throttle control. Also I dropped the difficulty so I am more competitive with the lower rated bike that I signed with. Also I am still winning and I am banking my development points for when I move up to Moto2 or GP. I just really hope I don't loose my points when I switch classes.

I could still use some help with a good base line tune for a bike. I have been looking on YT for videos but nothing much on tuning yet.

Use your points. They reset each time you go to another class

Strange thing as I've progressed through the career mode the performance of the game has changed. Freezing really bad frame rate drops to the point that it's almost unplayable. This started around Catalunya in the Moto2 class. Thought it might be the MotoGP ID I had recently connected but deleted that and still having issues. Another problem is with the sound. At the start of the race is really loud, but once past the grandstand it drops like the TV was turned halfway down. Wasn't doing this before and this isn't Milestone trying to simulate the effect of the sound bouncing off the grandstands. and finally a rev lock issue were the bike redlines and stays there for a while regardless of what i do. Strange all of these problems just started. definitely would have noticed before. Not much success getting online in the public lobby either. and when I do manage to connect it's only briefly as observer which sucks. Any US guys want to try to do a private match to see if that works? I'm west coast

Strange thing as I've progressed through the career mode the performance of the game has changed. Freezing really bad frame rate drops to the point that it's almost unplayable. This started around Catalunya in the Moto2 class. Thought it might be the MotoGP ID I had recently connected but deleted that and still having issues. Another problem is with the sound. At the start of the race is really loud, but once past the grandstand it drops like the TV was turned halfway down. Wasn't doing this before and this isn't Milestone trying to simulate the effect of the sound bouncing off the grandstands. and finally a rev lock issue were the bike redlines and stays there for a while regardless of what i do. Strange all of these problems just started. definitely would have noticed before. Not much success getting online in the public lobby either. and when I do manage to connect it's only briefly as observer which sucks. Any US guys want to try to do a private match to see if that works? I'm west coast
Man that sucks. I haven't made it up to Moto2 yet. But I will check to see. But I am down for some racing!! I am in the midwest friday nights are my best shot usually. I am usually on around 9 or 10

Private matches work. Me and my brother raced for 2 hours straight the other day. No issues for us.

First patch is Friday via their FB page, focused on multiplayer issues and some other bugs. Then comes more fixes and some graphics tweaks I believe.

Anyone have any bike set up tips to counter the understeer?

what I've found is to avoid the dev test lol. Don't like the way that is implemented. mess the bikes up to the point that I didn't want to play the game anymore and bikes work better when left to default.

as for setups I think adjusting technique will fix understeer especially if you are use to play more recent MotoGP games. for MGP brake harder and later and trail a bit into the corners. If you aren't doing that you'll probably tuck the front a few times but once you get it , you'll get it!! :) Also if you aren't using it I found manual tuck to be a big help with understeer as well. sit up when braking and tuck at varying points of turn in to kind of control how fast the bike tips in. The only place I really struggle with understeer is on long sweeping double apex corners like the last corners of Mugello and Philip Island. I think that is more technique because I'm trying to get on the throttle like I'd do at the track and the game seems to be designed to standup the bike up instead of increasing turn in.

From the official FB Page-

"Hi all, we just released a patch on PS4 and PC/Steam (shortly on Xbox One too) aimed to improve stability on multiplayer modes. This is only the first step: we know some of you are experiencing other issues, and we're working on fixing them as quick as possible. Over the next few weeks, you'll see improvements to the overall graphics on all platforms, more freedom when mapping controls, all trophies obtainable on PS4, tuning to AI, physics, animations and more.

This is just the beginning of a series of updates, we'll keep reading all your comments and feedback and work to include them in the next patches we are already working on."

I agree, i tried online again last night and it just sat there, trying to find a game. . . may be that no one was on. Which I doubt.
But I do really like this game, I just keep playing it and playing it. And you're right @jpine324 it doesn't look as blurry, and I'm on the standard Xbox One.

Definitely improvement visually but theres still the issue of some textures not loading occasionally for example the red bull on the tower over Jerez.

Tried online again the last two nights, and either no one is playing or it's still having an issue connecting. Oh well, just ran some more career and did some tt practice on upcoming tracks. :D

This is such a massive flaw especially considering this time it's esports and on all platforms. Milestone hopefully gets this ironed out.

Back