MOTOGP 18

• Thread starter jpine324
  • 276 comments
I tried it again tonight and it’s just as bad as I thought from last night. I was really hoping I was tired and the patch hadn’t worked correctly.

It’s just a blurry mess, you feel disconnected from the game. Beyond that it feels ok. Could probably do with some sensitivity settings such as in the I.O.M game.

I will leave it now until if/when they fix it.

A bit disappointed in myself for paying full price for it. Never again Milestone...

I tried it again tonight and it’s just as bad as I thought from last night. I was really hoping I was tired and the patch hadn’t worked correctly.

It’s just a blurry mess, you feel disconnected from the game. Beyond that it feels ok. Could probably do with some sensitivity settings such as in the I.O.M game.

I will leave it now until if/when they fix it.

A bit disappointed in myself for paying full price for it. Never again Milestone...

It’s not super blurry on ps. But it’s there. It doesn’t bother me. Now The only thin that does is the slight random stutter going around track. But so far. I like the game. Bikes finally feel like mine when I ride. Tires are planted. Also. Small feature but quick shifting is noticeable. And I also like that there’s a clutch button. And finally Manual starts on the grid

Despite the apparent graphic issues... I gave this a purchase as people are saying the feel of the game is pretty decent. I've really been wanting a modern Moto GP game for about 3 or 4 years now and can't hold on much longer. Whilst typing this, my PS4 just told me the application is ready for use. Let's hope that means I can actually play it a little rather than stare at a menu. :lol:

Despite the apparent graphic issues... I gave this a purchase as people are saying the feel of the game is pretty decent. I've really been wanting a modern Moto GP game for about 3 or 4 years now and can't hold on much longer. Whilst typing this, my PS4 just told me the application is ready for use. Let's hope that means I can actually play it a little rather than stare at a menu. :lol:

I’m enjoying it like I knew I would. Already gotten used to the visuals.

Yeah it is pretry blurry on X1. I can see that the game running on Unreal Engine 4 with up to 30 riders in Moto3 is just too demanding. Monster Energy Supercross didn't have those issues though. Let's hope this get adressed. Milestone is listening

I’m loving it on my Xbox 1 x.

Personally it’s a lot better than last years. Was doing time trials last night on the Moto gp bikes and ramped the amp up and the bikes sound lovely. The KTM sounds gorgeous.

Just need to get faster, playing with no TCS and the bikes like high siding with a little too much throttle

A lot of the comments out there are kind of crazy. "Unplayable" I keep reading!! Sure it isn't as crisp as we were all expecting but I am happy with it. Sure there is some work to be done.

I love how you can really slide your ass out under braking!! I have more control over that pushing my rider forward to slide the bike around and pulling back to get more grip coming out of corners. I feel there is more control over that aspect of the game.

I checked out the online racing. Man is that fun, only if you could finish a race before it disconnects.

Also really love the fact you fine tune the competition, instead of just selecting easy or hard etc... you can pick from 1-100 for difficulty. I was racing at 70% and that was awesome. Hoping to bump that up tonight. Really helps when it is higher that you can handle, makes you faster!!

Really need some work on my riding though not even close to fast enough coming out of corners. And figure out the EB not sure on the best settings for that.

Does anyone have a good suspension tune for the Red bull rookies bikes?

Last edited:
Put a few more hours in last night, ran some QR's with the Moto2, 3, & GP bikes - just wanting to get a feel for all the classes. I have to say, I really like the game. The graphics are a slight step back but the rest of the game is improved. I've always run on semi-pro physics with joint brakes, so on this game I decided I wanted to try and master Pro physics w/joint brakes off. Only assist I'm running is auto-tuck. I quit running the braking line in MotoGP17.... this game is a challenge and still looks fairly good (at least the bike/riders do) but I feel they have definitely improved the handling and Ai.

Of course, after I played MotoGP18 I purchased the Spirit of LeMans for Project Cars 2 and played it. . . Holy moly - it made MotoGP 18 look like Gran Turismo 1. :lol::lol:

Just kidding, I really like the game - and the more I play it the more I like it. Ready to start a career this weekend! :cheers:

Put a few more hours in last night, ran some QR's with the Moto2, 3, & GP bikes - just wanting to get a feel for all the classes. I have to say, I really like the game. The graphics are a slight step back but the rest of the game is improved. I've always run on semi-pro physics with joint brakes, so on this game I decided I wanted to try and master Pro physics w/joint brakes off. Only assist I'm running is auto-tuck. I quit running the braking line in MotoGP17.... this game is a challenge and still looks fairly good (at least the bike/riders do) but I feel they have definitely improved the handling and Ai.

Of course, after I played MotoGP18 I purchased the Spirit of LeMans for Project Cars 2 and played it. . . Holy moly - it made MotoGP 18 look like Gran Turismo 1. :lol::lol:

Just kidding, I really like the game - and the more I play it the more I like it. Ready to start a career this weekend! :cheers:

I've only ever used the front break in MotoGP games, never use the back break and that might be why i'm not that fast. I also don't use auto tuck which was catching me out last night as i was tucking in but forgetting to change gear :(

Really liking the engine breaking when knocking it down through the gear box.

Long time since I've been back here.
Anyway, this sounds like a lot of fun and the last game I played was the Moto gp game with Rossi in the title.

Quick question how are the speed differences between bikes in the same class? For example I expect the KTMs have a lower top speed than say the Ducatis is that reflected in the latest game? I found in the last game I played all the bikes had the exact same top speed and possibly acceleration.

Long time since I've been back here.
Anyway, this sounds like a lot of fun and the last game I played was the Moto gp game with Rossi in the title.

Quick question how are the speed differences between bikes in the same class? For example I expect the KTMs have a lower top speed than say the Ducatis is that reflected in the latest game? I found in the last game I played all the bikes had the exact same top speed and possibly acceleration.
Thats odd about the speed thing. I guess I never really paid attention to the speeds. I have played since 14' with 16' being the Rossi edition of the game. I have always felt the speeds were different, never really paying attention to the overall top speeds. I was playing 18' last night in the rookie class can't remember the first track, and I was taking a look on the long straights and I was seeing 135ish which should be pretty accurate for the small bikes.

Either way I have always felt the sensation of the speed in the games, and always felt faster on the next level bike.

1A665B45-A417-48CF-9216-0B24F52788F3.jpeg

I've been watching video gameplay on YouTube all week and the game looked great so I ordered it from Simply Games on PS4 yesterday, it arrived today, I loaded it up & it had a 3 & a bit gb update, the handling is very good but the graphics aren't I'm running it on a PS4 Pro and it looks ****!!

I never kept my pole position into the first corner yet. The new AI is also much better now, I got passed by 2 guys left and right of me in one corner. I like that difficulty is now adjustable at all times cause right now at the beginning of my career i have a hard time on some tracks.

I like that difficulty is now adjustable at all times cause right now at the beginning of my career i have a hard time on some tracks.
Agreed, struggled to get better than 4th in Red Bull Cup, struggled to get 16th in moto3 at Qatar on 80% so dropped down to 70% and am gradually getting more competitive.
I'll bump it up 5% if I start winning 2 or more in a row 👍.

This is my first MotoGP game in probably 15 years...

I must say that I never noticed the graphics being blurry like many reported. I'm on PS4. As far as the UI and menus, it's designed as if we are still in 2002 arcade mode. But I kind of like that because the menus navigate easily. Something I don't like is how you cannot be dependent on the rider movement. You have to trust your controller inputs more than anything. Especially at slow speeds. Besides that, I don't really notice scenery graphics being an issue like some have pointed out, but maybe that is because I'm racing and looking at the track... not the trees. I haven't played a MotoGP game in a long time, but that is my opinion. :lol:

EDIT: Overall I really enjoy the game.

EDIT 2: LOADING TIMES ARE HORRENDOUS!

Last edited:
Just my not so quick impression after about 8hrs of playtime on PS4
  1. Welcome return to SBK08 style physics and handling. Bikes react to the track surface (bumps) and game gives visual ques for feedback as to how the bikes are controlling. The SBK series manual start make an appearance as well. To be honest the physics are the only real highlight of the game. Its refreshing to be able to trail brake deep into corners again. And ride bikes that don't steer like a giant dumptruck. With manual tuck enabled you have an insane amount of cornering controllably.
  2. The Unreal engine gains must only be on PC because on the console (PS4 my case) the results are VERY disappointing. Like with MXGP3 and Supercross it just seems Milestone doesn't know how to optimize the Unreal engine for consoles. I would have preferred they'd kept the MotoGP17 engine which ran 60fps on PS4 than the return to low fps the Unreal engine brings. Whatever minor graphic gains are severally offset by the performance losses. Those gains appear to have come by using subtle blurring/hazing of the screen. There is a touch of noise on the riders and bikes. And graphic detail has a jarring habit of filling in right before your eyes. This has been an issue on all Milestone's PS4 bike games using the Unreal engine. The replays are so embarrassing bad I'm shocked Milestone kept them in.
  3. Online is where Milestone screwed up badly. you have two options Public and Private. Public is the issue. WTH?!?!?!? Select it and you are dumped (if you are lucky to connect) into a game as player or spectator. The issue with this is Milestone has the longest load online loading times in the History of gaming. So if you don't like where you are dumped (highly likely) you are going to spend a lot of time just waiting around) pretty dumb idea
  4. Menu layout is nice and a lot cleaner but aside from that this is where the game starts to disappoint in a lot of typical Milestone ways. Rider customization is VERY disappointing. No more custom teams very limited choice of personal number but worse is that you can only race your custom rider in the class that you have progressed in the career mode. So if you haven't done career and you want to do a quick race your only choice is Red Bull Rookies Cup bike, etc..... Why bother with custom rider then
  5. Load times are long and probably could be shortened if there was an option to skip all the cut scenes.
  6. AI is just as bad as it ever was and isn't player aware. You are in a race and the AI is in a race and unless you just wipe them out they aren't effected by you being on the track with them.
For me the saving grave is the physics and handling and it's enough to make me over look the typical Milestone lack of focus and attention to detail. I'll just put laps in time attack until Milestone gets the online sorted.

Back