MOTOGP 18

• Thread starter jpine324
  • 276 comments
I have noticed that the AI slider keeps defaulting to 50% after i set it higher or lower, anyone else have this problem.

I'm on Xbox, and it does reset, except for Career - in career it stays put, but if I run a GP in Quick Mode and then come back and do another it's back to 50%. :rolleyes:

Still having fun with this game... still in Moto3 as I only do a full weekend in my career and it takes a little while to get through it, and working a lot of hours at work I have been doing some quick mode stuff mostly. Figured I would share a couple screen shots though.

65ccccbf-133c-4d35-a3c9-01cc3b053fcb.PNG

goin 'round my team mate here. Hehehe!

6f62c1c3-621b-410a-90c2-fd0b3ba81eea.PNG

7288b4bf-e52e-4903-a13c-05de41080ce3.PNG

Need to grab a few shots when I run the GP bikes again.

Still having fun with this game... still in Moto3 as I only do a full weekend in my career and it takes a little while to get through it, and working a lot of hours at work I have been doing some quick mode stuff mostly. Figured I would share a couple screen shots though.

65ccccbf-133c-4d35-a3c9-01cc3b053fcb.PNG

goin 'round my team mate here. Hehehe!

6f62c1c3-621b-410a-90c2-fd0b3ba81eea.PNG

7288b4bf-e52e-4903-a13c-05de41080ce3.PNG

Need to grab a few shots when I run the GP bikes again.
I run with the same helmet!! I moved up to early into Moto2 and having trouble winning races / staying on bike!! I should have finished the first season on Moto3 bike then moved up. My stats weren't good enough yet to really run the Moto2 the way it should be!

I hear'ya @jpine324 , I feel i'm not ready for Moto2 either. In all honesty, I'm having a blast with the game - most fun I have had with a racing game since MotoGP 4 (Namco) back on the PS2. It's not perfect, by any stretch, but it does a lot really well and is just plain fun (and a challenge) to play.

Only game that has come close recently is F1 2017 with the R&D stuff, etc., that you do through the weekend - love this aspect of both these games.

I'm only on 65%, and some races I can do really well (generally) and others not so much. It's usually down to how much I like/know the track. Losail = terrible, Catalunya/CoTA = 1st place. I'm sitting 3rd in my Moto3 championship right now and have had to really work for it. Love the game so far.

Wondering if anyone else noticed; since the last update- In career mode, I notice skipping or lagging during practice and qualify. Now it does not do it during practice when you do bike development, so after I finish the development and jump back onto track during practice it will start skipping / lagging. Same in all sessions including qualify. It does not do it during the race, or bike devlopment laps.

ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS??

Patch 1.08 has just landed for ps4, stability and online fixes.

I am loving this game, moto2 class cockpit view in the rain around Aragon is simply thrilling .

Last edited:
Barry, it sounds like we are at about the same level- we should jump online for a race or 2

@jpine324 You're on PS4 right?? I have it on Xbox, but downloaded the PS4 version last night (that's how much I'm digging this game). I just restarted my career on the playstation and have just done two races, and one quick MotoGP race at CoTA. I also noticed the frame rate skip during qualifying but didn't do it in the race... not sure what is going on there, weird, huh? I never noticed it on the Xbox One. :confused: I will say that the PS4 version looks better graphically - and I have the standard version of both consoles.

Anyway, I'm CST time zone and would be up to do some racing, just be warned, I'm pretty bad (and that's the traditional bad - as in "not good" :lol: )

@jpine324 You're on PS4 right?? I have it on Xbox, but downloaded the PS4 version last night (that's how much I'm digging this game). I just restarted my career on the playstation and have just done two races, and one quick MotoGP race at CoTA. I also noticed the frame rate skip during qualifying but didn't do it in the race... not sure what is going on there, weird, huh? I never noticed it on the Xbox One. :confused: I will say that the PS4 version looks better graphically - and I have the standard version of both consoles.

Anyway, I'm CST time zone and would be up to do some racing, just be warned, I'm pretty bad (and that's the traditional bad - as in "not good" :lol: )
Ha thats funny. I played for the first time last night since I was complaining about the skipping, and there was another update since that time and it was gone during practice sessions and qualify. WHAT IS YOUR PSN?

Thanks for the races tonight @jpine324 That was fun and we need to do it again sometime soon - would like to do longer races too, say like 5-9 laps... that would be fun.

Took a few screenshots on the PS4...

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance
Those are some cool shots!! That was fun. I don't know what my problem was. I think I was pushing just pushing way to hard. Kept narrowing gaps but would loose my **** when I get close!! That was fun it would be good to do some longer races too!!

A few Moto2 pics

3e6c8609-51fa-419a-bb57-ee0fb9f6cd1d.PNG

46655adf-0b33-42f3-a41b-fce9fc561bae.PNG

a52b6164-88ec-4a43-bc42-32442ebf8966.PNG

Loving this game right now. @jpine324 inspired me to move back to the Pro physics option, so now running at 85% difficulty with Pro physics on. Definitely have to be more aware of your braking points with Pro physics enabled. Took about 3-4 laps to quit low-siding myself. Hahaha!!

So, since I picked this game up on the PS4 (and it's in my "man-cave" because my wife doesn't like listening to it) and started my career over, I have won the Red Bull Rookies Cup on 75% diff, normal Physics. Starting the Moto3 season, I went with the BOE Skull Rider team and moved the Difficulty up to 85% and switched to Pro Physics.

So far in this game, Losail, Assen and Aragon have been my Nemesis tracks - well, the first round went pretty good at Losail, FP times I was 8th fastest in FP2 (highest I could manage) and ended Qualifying in 10th. At the start of the race I got utterly SWAMPED off the line and dropped down to 19th. Took the entire 6 laps and got as high as 11th, but made a mistake on the last lap and dropped to 13th, but managed a 12th at the line. Not too bad for a track that hates me!! :D I did restart the race once as I got thoroughly RUN OVER by the Ai in the first turn....

Anyway, took a few more pics from the replay of the race - do wish that Milestone would add a PHOTO mode to this game.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Man, just really digging this game right now. Tried playing some Project Cars 2 last night and finally gave up and started playing some more MotoGP 18. :lol:

Ran race two of Moto3 career at Termas de Rio Hondo track in Argentina, and while not a nemesis track it's definitely not a favorite.
Struggled in the FP sessions and crashed A LOT until I could find a setup that worked. Ended FP3 in 5th, mostly because I was the only one running throughout the session. It seemed the Ai riders went out, did a time, and quit running - it was sorta strange. Anyway, ended Qualifying in 6th and once again got totally man-handled at the start - got run SMOOTH over into turn one (and yes, restarted again-gonna have to figure that out). The Ai who crashed me pushed my bike all the way across the track and never once got out of shape, just kept on going like he didn't have a KTM stuck under his front wheel. ODD!

On the restart went from 6th to 21st before the 1st turn (have to figure out what I'm doing wrong on the manual starts) !!! :eek: And again, took the whole race and managed to climb up to 5th with some liberal use of the curbs, but by the last two laps my tires were done, especially the rear. I had been running with no TC, but had to turn it back on fully before the last lap. By the end of both the first two GP's I kinda wished I hadn't enabled tire wear! Lolz!!! I dropped down to 7th at the line, but more importantly beat both my teammates.

Few more pics of the action!

enhance

enhance

little wheel to wheel here... And going round my Moto3 team on the Xbox version.

enhance

Got a warning from the marshals for this expedition - and have no idea what I was thinking, this was on a
straight!! Ha!

enhance

enhance

The moto3 bikes are great fun.

I'm now four races into my Moto2 season and I am finding them even more fun to ride. Having the front wheel pop up under wheelie control coming out of perfectly executed 1st/2nd gear corner's never gets old :D.

Yeah, @Ryanswannell , I don't know what it is about this game, I have bike games all the way back to ManxTT on the Saturn, and I think I have them all. Definitely all the MotoGP / Tourist Trophy type games since the PS2, but this game has grabbed my attention like none of the others did (maybe MotoGP 4 on PS2 by Namco, maybe) and I really like the racing on this game. The Ai are pretty good. And that's what I always found with bike games, either the Ai was crap (even on hard) or they were unbeatable (if you had it set on easy...), but this game seems to do a lot right. Again, not perfect, but it is fun.

I hear you about the Moto2 bikes, they are my favorites - I usually will run a TT with a Moto2 bike before I do my career in Moto3 (was doing that on Xbox too) and it helps with the right racing line - for me anyway. I still just make too many mistakes on the Moto2's though, need to be more patient and these slower bikes are helping. Glad I'm not the only one enjoying this gem of a game that Milestone has put out.

I honestly can't wait to see how next years game turns out. :cheers:

I love this game. The on board graphics are so good.
The ones I've enjoyed the most have been 06, 08 (favorite), and 14 (next gen launch). I don't have a ton of time to play so haven't even done a career in this yet, but I've really enjoyed the quick GPs.

Yeah, next year's is going to be fantastic!

1.09 has landed, more AI and controller tweaks and from my brief play on a moto 3 quick race round Austin with 60% AI strength i noticed the AI seem to be more aware of me and are more aggressive and at the same time there were a couple of AI crashes which was nice .

I am really loving this game now

Controller can now be fully mapped i just assigned throttle and front brake to the right stick .

Last edited:
Unfortunately since this latest update, the AI are setting ridiculous lap times in Free Practice (and most likely in Qualifying). For example, the fastest time around Catalunya in FP2 was 00:16:794, a full minute and a half faster than my time :lol:.

I won't be touching career mode until it's sorted.

Unfortunately since this latest update, the AI are setting ridiculous lap times in Free Practice (and most likely in Qualifying). For example, the fastest time around Catalunya in FP2 was 00:16:794, a full minute and a half faster than my time :lol:.

I won't be touching career mode until it's sorted.

Ok, good to know it's not just me... I wasn't able to play the last couple of days due to work being so busy and when I tried to run last night the Ai were unreal. I thought, "what the heck, it's only been a couple of days, I couldn't have gotten that bad (slow) that fast"!? :lol:

Ok update 1.10 dropped for ps4 and its just an esports leaderboard fix according to the notes and i have also noticed during the qualifying laptime the session timer will decrease much quicker when you hit the fast forward button.

Last edited:
Ok update 1.10 dropped for ps4 and its just an esports leaderboard fix according to the notes and i have also noticed during the qualifying laptime the session timer will decrease much quicker when you hit the fast forward button.
Have the AI stopped setting ridiculously fast lap times in Practice and Qualifying yet?

I hear'ya @Emerald1968 , getting pretty frustrated with this game - they keep changing the Ai around... I don't get it. Now I'm moving the difficulty back down from 85%, where I was battling for a place in the top 5 (albeit at a track I liked/knew) to now - I have moved the difficulty back down to 70% and still 1.6-1.8 seconds off pole. I'm fine with not being on pole, don't need to be, but before the update I had two poles in a row (forgot where & CoTA) to being 26th /29, and of coursed last at the start - and struggling to even keep up with the guy in front. I ran Jerez last night and finished dead last (Qualified 26th) on 70% after winning there in RB Rookies Cup on 80%

It's like they are tweaking the game for the FAST(est) people that play the game in the eSports series and screwing the rest of us. This game, in the course of a week, went from my favorite to I doubt I go back to it very often. . . :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to start messing with MotoGP 17 again if I play a bike game, that or TT: IOM.

Ran a quick race in MotoGP class last night - thought I would share a few captures...

Jorge trying to muscle me off the racing line.

d8c42a9b-6924-47c3-8546-b2ad7fdbad3b.PNG

21d55f48-49f7-4c6d-a34c-ab9ffeeb6585.PNG

8d4a0abc-cffc-4886-9337-8774746b3a1a.PNG

Man, this game looks good and used to play so well. I don't know what they did to this game (and who knows, maybe I just completely suck all of a sudden). I ran a 6 lap race last night at Catalunya, one of my favorite tracks (and pretty decent at it too). I turned the difficulty down to 60%, and figured I would have a shot since I did have the difficulty on 85% in my career before the last update... Ended up dead last... my Works Suzuki didn't get out of 4th gear going down the long straight. What the heck?! The guys at the front were almost 6 seconds faster than me - ON 60%!!!. I didn't have one crash, although had a moment and lost a few places halfway through the first lap... we get on the straight and everyone behind just rolls on by... I just don't know what happened to this game. Sad! :(

Back