Porsche Is Confirmed For GT Sport - Extended Trailer Released

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 558 comments
i agree with that, those sames cars are on the AssettoCorsa list.
Kunos did a very good job with those cars IMO. They all feel and sound distinctly different. I don't expect PD to get them close to what Kunos did but hopefully they'll be in the ballpark.

Its cool how the wheels change color with different paint.

Yes, one of my favorite features of the GT series. On the PS3 GT games, different paint colors change wheels, AND interior trim accents as well (My favorite was the dark smoke grey Ferrari California with the chocolate leather interior).

Going off the Youtube vids of the real car, the sound is too high-pitched and isn't raspy enough. The sample itself isn't bad though.

What's actually bad is the upshifting, not just in the Porsche but every stock car without a racing transmission. It just sounds so weird and unnatural. Does anyone have an idea on what the problem is/what they could do to improve it? I plan on making a post about this in the tester forums and doing a bug report suggestion. Y'know, instead of just complaining and mocking PD about it.

Yeah, a lot of people can't get it into their heads that cars sound different inside and out. Now, I do think the tyre squeal is over-exaggerated, but the engine itself sounds great.
You think we would compare two different situations??

Here it's in-car in both videos...

In the other side I love the inmersif smooth camera movements in the interior view for the G forces, it's a subtel detail different than other sims that tend to be more "shaky" (a lot better than in gt6).
And the new illumination 'non-videogame' of the interior in the replays, has given a close-to-reality look to the game.

The only difference I hear is the pitch.
Yes.....because at high revs PD really bring their fake and synthesized sound.

Considering many new cars have amazing cars, it's disappointing that the 911 RS received the "old GT5 and GT6 treatment.

How does a different pitch = fake and synthesized exactly?

Better comparison.

Sterile or not, the guy barely gets over 4,000 rpm in your real life example so it's not a good comparison in my opinion.
In real life you wouldn't hear a synthesized sound at high revs. Would you?

Again, many new cars in GT Sport have great sounds.
It's not the case for this Porsche. If I'm telling you it's because I can hear the difference. Otherwise I wouldn't be here debating.

In real life you wouldn't hear a synthesized sound at high revs. Would you

I can't tell from the video you posted, but probably not. Maybe you're hearing the game synthesize driving aids/anti-slip because that's what I see happening in the HUD. Let's see what a player can do with all assists off and we'll talk.

I can't tell from the video you posted, but probably not. Maybe you're hearing the game synthesize driving aids/anti-slip because that's what I see happening in the HUD. Let's see what a player can do with all assists off and we'll talk.
No, that's not it.

I beg to differ.

Sounds very accurate to me. The only annoying thing, is that to loud tire sound in GT Sport. And to all off you who complain about cars sound different inside or outside?, have you ever bothered to go to a race track yourself?. Being on a real racetrack as a spectator, you can only hear the cars on the track, and it is really loud I can tell you. ;)

Edit: Just to give an idea of that tunnel feeling in the replays vs real life. Being on a real racetrack as a spectator, it can feel like you are in a tunnel, because of those loud cars on the track. IMO though, that it should not be weird in the game itself, but it should be unique. So therefor on my opinion, they are striving towards something I like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds very accurate to me. The only annoying thing, is that to loud tire sound in GT Sport. And to all off you who complain about cars sound different inside or outside?, have you ever bothered to go to a race track yourself?. Being on a real racetrack as a spectator, you can only hear the cars on the track, and it is really loud I can tell you. ;)
At 0:29 in 2nd gear it's accurate?
(You don't need to compare it with anything. It's the signature sound Made in PD we've been hearing for years, modified and adapted to any car in GT5 and GT6)

No, but that doesn't mean that the sound used is synthesized. That could easily mean that PD used the sound of the 911 GT3, and altered the pitch after recording.
Altered=fake

I'm pretty sure altered means altered.
I forgot to add something....altered in a WRONG way = fake. PD certainly have new techniques of recording and working the sound to match revs and sound realistic. In this case I just don't hear it. It's the old style (go to 0:29 on that video the other guy posted)

Back