Porsche Is Confirmed For GT Sport - Extended Trailer Released

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 558 comments
Even though the engine sound is underwhelming, I have to say that the car looks gorgeous inside the GT rendering engine.

Wow! This looks just like real life.

image.png

I forgot to add something....altered in a WRONG way = fake.
I'm pretty sure altered even in a wrong way still means altered.

In this case I just don't hear it. It's the old style (go to 0:29 on that video the other guy posted)
I've heard that video several times now and I heard a car that sounds similar to the real car in the cockpit view. It's missing something, but it's getting there. So with that said, I'll agree to disagree.

Going off the Youtube vids of the real car, the sound is too high-pitched and isn't raspy enough. The sample itself isn't bad though.

What's actually bad is the upshifting, not just in the Porsche but every stock car without a racing transmission. It just sounds so weird and unnatural. Does anyone have an idea on what the problem is/what they could do to improve it? I plan on making a post about this in the tester forums and doing a bug report suggestion. Y'know, instead of just complaining and mocking PD about it.

I think this car just further highlights that PD haven't quite modelled exhaust sound and also haven't really modelled production car transmissions. Thankfully this is a Beta so there is time for all that to be fixed, but I'm thinking that's it. PD can record accurate sounds, but they simply don't come out as loud or as lively as they should because they lack the proper exhaust to go along with them.

The sounds are good but lack ambience. In the race cars in the beta, it all sounds a bit dead. It needs a bit of room reverb or something, it sounds like all the noises being played in a recording booth. Also there's not much in the way of environmental noise from outside the car when in cockpit view. it would be nice to have a mixer function, where I could mix in a little of the chase cam sound in to liven it up.

Realistically how many Porsches do you think we will see? I reckon we will get the 911 GT3 RS, 919 Hybrid 2016, 911 RSR 2017, 918 Spyder and GT3 Cup 2017. After those I just cannot imagine us seeing much more if any.

Finally Porsche featured in a trailer and for the first time ever PD done it in a right way imo. I prefer honest trailer rather than glorified and heavily edited trailer like past GT's, now they have courage to show the real deal. For the sounds, they're good, maybe need some tweaks on the pitch though. The real engine sounds have higher pitch compared to GTS :

PD should figured out that there are some cars that is sounds nicer with higher pitch, could be they didn't want to exaggerated the sound too much, but some cars are simply sounded rough and wild not all of them are muffled so they have to take notes on that.

Yes for sure the sounds still need improvement , the beta is good,I have a lot of fun with it but having said that it still does not compare with the feel you get from A.C. and they are the benchmark for sims. Their must be more feel on the road when going slower, it has it at high speeds but when going slow there is nothing , also A.C. has this setting when the front looses traction, you feel it in the wheel. GT needs this.

Realistically how many Porsches do you think we will see? I reckon we will get the 911 GT3 RS, 919 Hybrid 2016, 911 RSR 2017, 918 Spyder and GT3 Cup 2017. After those I just cannot imagine us seeing much more if any.

Add the GT4 and GT4 Clubsport, and I think you basically have the list. Maybe we'll see the Carrera S, too. That'd probably fit in the game well.

Yes, you have low expectations

yikes

Because I have good hearing.

So if I think I find the sound decent, does that mean I'm deaf?

Because that wouldn't make any sense. This arguing about sounds is a ****ing broken record, isn't it satisfying enough that the sounds are at least okay and we're getting Porsche's for the first time, other than the secret GT3 that was in Gran Turismo 3? God damn.

So if I think I find the sound decent, does that mean I'm deaf?

Because that wouldn't make any sense. This arguing about sounds is a ****ing broken record, isn't it satisfying enough that the sounds are at least okay and we're getting Porsche's for the first time, other than the secret GT3 that was in Gran Turismo 3? God damn.
Nothing's ever good enough until it's perfect. Apparently, it's bad when PD strives for perfection in one area and even worse when they fall short in any other. Certain personalities have something about them that is never satisfied with the package if the wrapping paper is the wrong color. Some people won't be satisfied with that metaphor!

Add the GT4 and GT4 Clubsport, and I think you basically have the list. Maybe we'll see the Carrera S, too. That'd probably fit in the game well.

I'm hoping we get some 718 action in there too (hopefully get some inline 6 cayman s/boxter s action also, but not holding my breath due to the emphasis on current models). One thing that has me concerned about the car list so far is that there aren't a ton of the sub-300ish HP N-Series vehicles.

Nothing's ever good enough until it's perfect. Apparently, it's bad when PD strives for perfection in one area and even worse when they fall short in any other. Certain personalities have something about them that is never satisfied with the package if the wrapping paper is the wrong color. Some people won't be satisfied with that metaphor!

Guess that's fair enough. But still, if anything I learnt - perfection hardly exists in my world. No camera can catch the sounds all the same, and not every people's ears hear the same pitch, me thinks. To rely on perfection, you had to be eitehr super dedicated to the end of it, or be a complete madman to actually achieve it.

Complete bollocks. Every dev gets the same treatment on every racing forum I've seen in this game, there is nothing special about PD in this regard. Did you visit the PCars and AC Forums after the games were released? Exactly the same. One person can love something, another not care. One can think something is a travesty, someone else doesn't use it. One has a wheel, one has a controller. One is playing through $2 TV speakers, someone else is listening through a $5000 custom surround set up. I prefer good physics, you prefer good visuals. I prefer options, you prefer PD decide things because you want to pick up and play. Everyone comes at this with a different perspective so I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape when people have differing opinions about a game.

Thank god PD have been striving for perfection for the last 10 years. I'd hate to see what they would have released if they were not striving for perfection. Mega drive assets Maybe? No career mode, no online mode, just licence tests?

Last edited:
Complete bollocks. Every dev gets the same treatment on every racing forum I've seen in this game, there is nothing special about PD in this regard. Did you visit the PCars and AC Forums after the games were released? Exactly the same. One person can love something, another not care. One can think something is a travesty, someone else doesn't use it. One has a wheel, one has a controller. One is playing through $2 TV speakers, someone else is listening through a $5000 custom surround set up. I prefer good physics, you prefer good visuals. I prefer options, you prefer PD decide things because you want to pick up and play. Everyone comes at this with a different perspective so I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape when people have differing opinions about a game.
I didn't say GT has the only critical userbase or anything of the kind. I meant to say there are people of a certain nature who don't know how to be content. There's more to it. I know I'm generalizing.

Thank god PD have been striving for perfection for the last 10 years. I'd hate to the what they would have released if they were not striving for perfection. Mega drive assets Maybe? No career mode, no online mode, just licence tests?
Ok. They haven't been trying their best. They just go to work everyday to get away from their families. Working in the video game industry and simultaneously the motor industry isn't stressful. Nooooo.

Guess that's fair enough. But still, if anything I learnt - perfection hardly exists in my world. No camera can catch the sounds all the same, and not every people's ears hear the same pitch, me thinks. To rely on perfection, you had to be eitehr super dedicated to the end of it, or be a complete madman to actually achieve it.
It's one thing to work toward perfection (in certain areas like the graphics). And it's another thing to expect perfection in all facets of the game. Saying something isn't good enough is expecting perfection in a way. I say that for dramatic effect and I get it's a stretch. No one's going to be satisfied with everything, though I am also tired of seeing nothing but complaining from certain people.
Some literally only come back to this section of the forum to moan or take a jab at whatever's the buzz that day. These are the people I'm talking about. Only complaining and saying it's constructive criticism doesn't make it any less annoying.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna say that it's Youtube we are listening off of.

Not in our headsets or surround sound systems. Let alone TV speakers.

That said, it does sound in the ballpark of what a Porsche should sound like. It does have that characteristic Flat-6 tone to it.
Imagine if a Mustang sounded like a Challenger. How would we cope!

Back