Porsche Is Confirmed For GT Sport - Extended Trailer Released

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 558 comments
I didn't say GT has the only critical userbase or anything of the kind. I meant to say there are people of a certain nature who don't know how to be content. There's more to it. I know I'm generalizing.
You implied PD was getting special negative attention because you singled them out by name. All devs get the same treatment. Why must we be content? We all want different things from the game and most of us will measure it vs. other games we've played of the same era. It's human nature. If someone is annoyed by that, an open discussion forum is going to be an unhappy place for them.

You implied PD was getting special negative attention because you singled them out by name. All devs get the same treatment. Why must we be content? We all want different things from the game and most of us will measure it vs. other games we've played of the same era. It's human nature. If someone is annoyed by that, an open discussion forum is going to be an unhappy place for them.
That's where the implication coupled with my generalization made that comment (the comment in question) sound like complete bollocks. I've gone on to explain no one will ever be completely satisfied. Some people tolerate more than others, some are more content than others, and some are in neither of those groups.

Edit -
I don't want to hand in my thesis on human behavior already. It needs further revision.

I think it sounds great personally, and I'm pretty excited about it. I might be in the easily pleased crowd, but I've also heard the sound of the GT3 RS in real life. Could there be more reverb? Similar to what one might hear while watching videos of the car on YouTube? Yes. But oh well.

The sounds imo are horrible by todays standards. The sound of the 991 RS in Assetto Corsa sounds so much better, and sounds so much more like the actual car.

I mean, I think the interior sound is just fine, but the sound outside is pretty terrible indeed, pretty typical of GT. In some areas of the footage, I think we're hearing the exhaust from the car in front and not the interior noise of the onboard car. What really makes it sound bad is the improper gearbox simulation, which makes it sound like an automated manual or something.

Stop complaining about sounds its getting old.

The sounds great much better then other gt games. Other games sounds better maybe but thats not Gran Turismo. Asetto Corsa and Project cars looks crap and plays crap (controller) so GT Sport is miles better then those 2 games for me.

Just play what you want and stop with that vacume clean souns crap please because its simply not true anymore.......

I don't really hear any of the GT improvement. Car sounds still sound one dimensional. No simulation of PDK. Drawn out unrepresentative sample.

I'm not sure why people make excuses for a triple A developer who have the backing of one of the largest corporate businesses in the world.

I know what a Porsche with a flat-6 sounds like, and in that GT video (to me) it sounds really off. Sorry PD, but you need to do better than that.

Last edited:
SVX
I don't really hear any of the GT improvement. Car sounds still sound one dimensional. No simulation of PDK. Drawn out unrepresentative sample.

I'm not sure why people make excuses for a triple A developer who have the backing of one of the largest corporate businesses in the world.
Maybe it isn't an excuse and people just genuinely think it sounds good?

You know what they say about opinions...

Maybe it isn't an excuse and people just genuinely think it sounds good?

You know what they say about opinions...

I was directing that to the comments where it's fine 'because it's an improvement over previous games, but still behind competitors', which is what I described.

SVX
I was directing that to the comments where it's fine 'because it's an improvement over previous games, but still behind competitors', which is what I described.
You literally said 'excuses', I fail to see in your original comment where you mention anything about comparisons to previous games or competitors.

Even with that said, I'd like for GT to have as good sounds as it's competitors as much as the next guy but realistically speaking it was always going to be an incremental process. Which is a shame in it's own right.

Last edited:
You literally said 'excuses', I fail to see in your original comment where you mention anything about comparisons to previous games or competitors.

Saying it's 'good enough' because it's better than previous games - but still behind competitors - is an excuse. I described that people were making excuses, not how they were, either.

If I really want to show excuses, I could show posts where the fact the car is in the game, and not to worry about a crucial part of the immersion and replication of the car, and that 'it's just being a critic'.

I never said people weren't allowed to be happy with the sounds - personally they are okay enough for my tastes, bar the PDK replication- and if you like it, and are content with it, that's fine. I'm just saying that not being able to dislike the sounds 'because it's an improvement' or because we finally got the marque in the game is absurd.

SVX
Saying it's 'good enough' because it's better than previous games - but still behind competitors - is an excuse. I described that people were making excuses, not how they were, either.
I don't want to derail the thread but this sentence is a double contradiction. The 'excuses' you mentioned in your first post didn't mention what you said in the first half of that quote above. So, how can you then say:

SVX

That isn't true. You didn't describe anything in your initial post, the reason I responded to your first post was because it sounded like the excuses being made were to excuse GT not living up to it's competitors rather than specific reasons why that would be 'okay'. That misunderstanding can happen when all I see is a blanket term 'excuses' being thrown around that can be misinterpreted (like I have done).

I don't see how you can interpret satisfaction with excuses - I'm probably wrong; I'm vague at the best of times - but to me there's a difference belittling satisfaction with a product and an excuse for a product. I thought I was clear enough to differentiate the response I was aiming at, but by judging this current discussion, it seems not so, and that's my bad.

SVX

If I really want to show excuses, I could show posts where the fact the car is in the game, and not to worry about a crucial part of the immersion and replication of the car, and that 'it's just being a critic'.

I never said people weren't allowed to be happy with the sounds - personally they are okay enough for my tastes, bar the PDK replication- and if you like it, and are content with it, that's fine. I'm just saying that not being able to dislike the sounds 'because it's an improvement' or because we finally got the marque in the game is absurd.
No one is saying you can't dislike the sounds. They're saying things that don't align with your POV on the sounds. They need work. I was never one to think Porsche had the nicest sounding cars and I think they can sound better. Or maybe it's that they don't sound as good as they used to.

Are you someone who would opt out of buying a car (theoretically speaking) if it didn't sound good to you? Some people write off GT as a whole based on sounds. So they say. Did you play GT5 before (and after) October 2011?

No one is saying you can't dislike the sounds. They're saying things that don't align with your POV on the sounds. They need work. I was never one to think Porsche had the nicest sounding cars and I think they can sound better. Or maybe it's that they don't sound as good as they used to.

I didn't say that @Brend was saying that - I was more asking how I was belittling people that do.

Are you someone who would opt out of buying a car (theoretically speaking) if it didn't sound good to you?

Depends on the car - if it's something for personal enjoyment, of course. Audio is a sense, and enjoyment is fulfilled by the satisfactions of those senses. You judge a car based on how it feels, smells, etc., so I find audio no different.

Some people write off GT as a whole based on sounds. So they say. Did you play GT5 before (and after) October 2011?

Physics are more important to me personally. I played GT5, but I didn't get it until after Spec 2.0... I think I didn't get it until Dec 2012?

I get you aren't satisfied with the sounds, but do you have to answer so brutally?
He was suggesting the answer and I simply wrote yes, he has low expectations.

So if I think I find the sound decent, does that mean I'm deaf?
Why so upset?

I saw 2 gameplay videos and even if at low and mid revs I could hear there was something wrong, something I already heard in the previous games. And then I watched the second video again and found a high revs moment right at the end, at 0:29 in 2nd gear ==> it doesn't sound good, it's the signature sound "Made in PD" (synthesized, electronic) we've been hearing for years, modified and adapted to any car in GT5 and GT6. Simply because YOU can't hear it, doesn't mean it's not there.
By the way you wrote "decent", which means "acceptable", and not "good". Maybe you acknowledge something?
Also other people find it bad and not close to the real thing.
Some new cars have great sounds even at high revs, it's not the case for this Porsche.
Not gonna debate on this again (also because there's nothing to debate, it's there, proof on video).

You don't agree? What can I tell you....keep disagreeing.

Go on with your life and be happy, both of you.

Last edited:
SVX
I didn't say that @Brend was saying that - I was more asking how I was belittling people that do.

Depends on the car - if it's something for personal enjoyment, of course. Audio is a sense, and enjoyment is fulfilled by the satisfactions of those senses. You judge a car based on how it feels, smells, etc., so I find audio no different.

Physics are more important to me personally. I played GT5, but I didn't get it until after Spec 2.0... I think I didn't get it until Dec 2012?
It doesn't seem like Brend thought you were. More like you could have been misunderstanding those people's motives and reactions to the criticism of the Porsche's sound, in reality and in gameplay.

I just wanted to hear your take about buying a different car or not based on their sound. Personally, I can't stand the sound of the new Challenger. I would rather buy the economical Prius than receive a Challenger, no charge. Edit after @Brend thought it was smart to like this post :D - From time to time, I hear that damn Challenger behind my house. It makes my butthole tighten up. The Mustangs and BMW's help offset this affliction.

If you knew the difference in sound between GT5 1.00 and GT6, I wouldn't believe you if you maintained your position on GTS not significantly improving upon the last two games. I can understand if you say it sounds similar to GT6 and that's not good enough for you. I don't understand how you can think there hasn't been a significant improvement over the Copper Box demo. Anything post-March has been a plain and clear improvement upon the majority of the better sounding cars in GT6.

It's hardly debatable. Synthetic sounds? Not anywhere near as average as what GT5 or 6's middle of the pack cars are, when going pedal to the metal.

Last edited:
First thing I thought of watching the video is how close the onboard sounds are to Assetto Corsa. That's no mean feat so well done PD 👍

External sounds are still bleh though. Physics are also still good 'ol brick tyres GT style. But by god the graphics are stunning :drool: More and more I'm buying GT Sport for photomode than the racing :lol:

This gives me hope that at least the Forza sound guy knows what he's doing. From other videos we can hear BOV, backfire, gearbox whine and chassis rattle sounds. If every car sounds as accurate as the Porsche onboard (who uses exterior cam anyways?) and all the other extra sounds can be added together I'd be perfectly content with the sounds in GTS. Not as good as Automobilista or RRRE level, but acceptable for this gen 👍

Now the problem is, I think we will all die from old age before PD can update all 1000+ cars with this level of sound :ouch:

Back