Porsche Is Confirmed For GT Sport - Extended Trailer Released

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 558 comments
Soon in a PlayStation near you:

porsche-car-animated-gif-7.gif

it's literally in the scape you can't really deny that it's in the game

Well then, can't really deny it then, uh? :) Weirder things have happened though.....:sly: Anyways, pretty cool, this. 👍 Score one for PD....still a ways to go though to draw me back....real life correct tuning and handling anyone? 💡

it's literally in the scape you can't really deny that it's in the game

Not that I'm doubting the 911 GT RS' inclusion in the final game, based on [some other stuff], but it has happened before: the Mercedes CLK-GTR was shown off in a whole bunch of GT2 early footage, but was cut from the release game.

It also almost happened with the Deltawing in GT6.

It is great to see Porsche finally arrive in Gran Turismo. I have been waiting a long time for this.

Hopefully we will see a decent selection of Stuttgarts finest offerings but any classics will surely not make the cut as 2009 seems to be the cut-off point for cars. A Gr.1 919 Hybrid would be terrific but we could do with proper 2016 LMP1 rivals from Toyota and Audi with it.

I would expect to see the 911 GT3 Cup and probably the 911 GT3 R or 911 RSR 2017. Ah sure what the hell... throw in a VGT too!

That wasn't what you said though you said we finally will be able to drive like this...when we have been. Ruf =/= Porsche.
Haha, I know. But in previous GT games you can't drive like in that video, simply because cars in previous GTs are like boats. I saw that in Sport cars drive more like in real life, with more liberty of what you can do with the car, even if it is a 4WD. And I know RUF=/=Porsche, but using a real Porsche isn't the same that using a "fake one".

Yeah. Polyphony needs to go all out on this and dump as much of them as possible into the game. From every generation at least one.

Gimme my 944 ClubSport.

Haha, I know. But in previous GT games you can't drive like in that video, simply because cars in previous GTs are like boats. I saw that in Sport cars drive more like in real life, with more liberty of what you can do with the car, even if it is a 4WD. And I know RUF=/=Porsche, but using a real Porsche isn't the same that using a "fake one".

It's not a fake Porsche it's a Ruf, simple distinction and fact. The video shows a Ruf, if you want to replicate the video load up Gt6 take your yellowbird to nurb, have fun. I haven't seen anything in GTS beta that shows a great quantum leap in physics. Maybe the final game will, but for now it's good enough having a car company that most of us never expected to officially join.

Unless there's been a serious change in the focus of the game, don't hold your breath. Modern cars only. :-/

No. Silence. Or they need to also push GT7 out in the foreseeable future. Imagine a Nissan scale line up of Porsches.

Man. I'm getting excited. Shouldn't be doing that.

No. Silence. Or they need to also push GT7 out in the foreseeable future. Imagine a Nissan scale line up of Porsches.

Man. I'm getting excited. Shouldn't be doing that.

Oh, I know how you feel. Porsche has such a rich history, it's a bit of a cruel twist that the marque is finally available in the franchise known for its encyclopedia-style approach to car lineups... with the game it's dropped that style for.

I'm sure either of us could come up with Porsche wishlist that rivalled the Skylines in GT6 in a matter of minutes. :(

But hey, maybe Kaz was hinting at something when he suggested GT Sport could end up with 500 cars...

This is a bombshell and I wonder why just throw it on twitter. There should be special trailer after those 20 years...

For now I will expect a 911 GT3 RS in Gr.3 and Gr.4 disguise. I doubt other models will appear, but then again, you never know...

Thread's title looks very familiar. Every damn April fool's day... :lol:
Would be funny, if PD just accidently send Porsche pics instead of some beta pics in these press-releases considering that there is nothing about Porsches on official blog.

911 is the one and only car that can rival GTR's in how many diferent versions of the same car we can get!

Back