Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
In that case, mentioning other games effort towards track modelling and posting their vids is also off topic.

If you instigate things like this, you should expect others to reply. Just like baiting a hook, you should expect bites....

No, it's not. @Shirrako said the following:

I don't think PD had access to the environment information such as building or trees.

You think someone can go back to the 80s and scanthe track?

I do agree that PD could do a better job but how do you expect PD to get the information about tree positions and correct building lengths?

It would be rather difficult.

I posted a video to show that it is possible, it's very much on the topic of discussion. How the cars look and sound in that video wasn't relative.

No, it's not. @Shirrako said the following:

I posted a video to show that it is possible, it's very much on the topic of discussion. How the cars look and sound in that video wasn't relative.

Yes. But you posted a video from a developer that has an F1 license that annually brings out an F1 game. An F1 game that the developers could do a whole lot better at.

Yes. But you posted a video from a developer that has an F1 license that annually brings out an F1 game. An F1 game that the developers could do a whole lot better at.

Jesus. It's not relevant. The video was simply to illustrate that a video game can create an 80s track. That's it. That is all Shirrako asked about. The game it was in was completely irrelevant. I could have posted any game with a classic old track in to illustrate my point.

I don't see how you could fail to understand that.

Personally even though its a bummer there actually is no 80's scenery, the cars are cool so thats good enough for me. One thing to point out with the engine sounds though, it uses the same sample as the X1 Junior but didn't this Senna project start in Late 2013? If that's the case then maybe they made that sound sample first for the RALT and just copy and pasted it to the Junior. It makes a bit of sense since the X1 Junior is fictional and believe it or not, PD does record sounds for their real counterparts.

Yeah, you go ahead with that.

Look folks all I did is give my opinion on the content, just as everyone else did. It was those that can't bear to see a negative opinion that dragged it all out with arguing, just think about that for a minute.

You also replied to a comment a week ago about the exact same thing and your reply was that PD wouldn't have to make any drastic change to the BH/Monza circuits.

Probably been posted a million times before but I just noticed the Lotus used in the Brands Hatch TT has a different livery to the one in the Monza TT, no "Team Lotus Special" branding but the championship decals similar to this picture:

69410641.jpg

I now quote a movie, " some men just want to watch the world burn." I am glad that I don't have a pessimistic view and find everything that I can to pick apart. Try focusing on the good, there is plenty in this update and in other real places. Cheers.
I was just watching that movie waiting for the download to finish , great movie

You also replied to a comment a week ago about the exact same thing and your reply was that PD wouldn't have to make any drastic change to the BH/Monza circuits.

I was referring to the track itself, which as you can see was true. I expected them to change the scenery to match though.

Jesus. It's not relevant. The video was simply to illustrate that a video game can create an 80s track. That's it. That is all Shirrako asked about. The game it was in was completely irrelevant. I could have posted any game with a classic old track in to illustrate my point.

I don't see how you could fail to understand that.

I do see. I am in total agreement with your objections on PD's decision not to add the 1980's versions.
I also see other situations in their decisions not to which I have mentioned.

Cars are good, sounds aren't amazing, they're good enough. Effort in the tracks is very poor, as mentioned. You can't feel immersed in the eighties when everything but the track itself is modern. Monza is ok but they put no effort in Brands, they didn't even bother putting the gravel back in at Druids. Very poor.

The TTs were ok but the track limits were harsh on Monza and I don't know why they went back to single lap, auto disqualification format.

I really dont understand what you mean. At Monza the last corner is the only one remaining the same. And all the surroundings.. concrete walls etc. The track looks crappy in a good way. Not as polished as nowadays. All the billboards.. i recall even the pit lane fence is different. And i could swear the back straight is narrower? ( or maybe it was just the respect i have for the lotus..:scared:) Either you are blind or plain stupid.. (sorry.. but true)

And immerse to 80s? Eh.. you know 80s wasnt as washed out in real life as it looks in the pictures and photographs? :lol:

For Pd.. yes a little late, yes could have had mclaren and williams in a perfect world, but for the final quality i give 👍👍

Last edited:
I really dont understand what you mean. At Monza the last corner is the only one remaining the same. And all the surroundings.. concrete walls etc. The track looks crappy in a good way. Not as polished as nowadays. All the billboards.. i recall even the pit lane fence is different. And i could swear the back straight is narrower? ( or maybe it was just the respect i have for the lotus..:scared:) Either you are blind or plain stupid.. (sorry.. but true)

And immerse to 80s? Eh.. you know 80s wasnt as washed out in real life as it looks in the pictures and photographs? :lol:

First of all I said that Monza was ok because it hasn't changed that much aesthetically, but there are still differences.

If you think the version in game really looks like anything like that well then, it's not me with the vision issues and no, I'm not referring to the picture quality.

Brands Hatch on the other hand was very poor, it has all the modern buildings, nothing changed, not even the kerbs or run offs.

I'm really getting tired of this place, having to defend my opinion to the nth degree just because it's negative. I also do not appreciate being called stupid.

Enough to make a difference. Like I said though, I haven't properly 'tuned' it, just done the obvious stuff like extra downforce and no camber.
Well I've already reduced the camber, still this nasty under steer thing going on lol

Well I've already reduced the camber, still this nasty under steer thing going on lol

I also set the rear toe to 0.00, and changed the lsd settings to 15/35/25 to make it a bit more driveable and a bit less understeery when braking. Hope that helps.

P.S: I'm not a tuning wizard I just fiddled about with a few things that worked for me, sorry if I ruin your Lotus haha

Whilst I agree that the scenery does in fact kill the mood of racing on these tracks. I praise PD for honouring Senna's life. This was no cheap quick update. It is more than just a few races, and a half heart job. I for one have enjoyed the experience so far. The information given, the slides shows, the way it works through the important milestones, new track layouts, decent competitive times to aim for, and the documentary. PD have introduced a legend of the sport to people who may never have heard of him before, in a fun and informative way, and the work that goes on now in his memory. It is nice to have something like this.

Wow, just caught up on all the posts since I left the thread last night.

If you think the Senna cars rip off the RB car sounds, think how ludicrous that is and why they sound similar if not the same.

Would have loved the scenery to have been of period at Brands as I grew up a couple of miles away and spent lots of time there in the 80s, have run & cycled around the track, and did the EarlyDrive and driven a single seater around there. The track to me is very personal but the lack of correct pits, paddock run off etc will not stop me enjoying driving the track just as I did driving the track in Revs 4 tracks in the 80s with no trees, buildings etc.

As for the continual rant by a few about how PD put in a lack of effort and are lazy and couldn't be bothered, I refer you to my post approx 50 pages ago.

In addition to that, you don't know what their tools are for creating tracks, their raw data requirements and the format of it to create tracks, nor their processes for creating tracks so to compare it to other games and companies is not valid, unless you have direct knowledge of these things.

I also find it disappointing that people choose to show such a lack of respect for the professionalism and dedication of the PD developers as well as for the Japanese work ethic . I don't know what all you negative posters do for a living (if anything) but I would bet a fair chunk of yours and my combined wages that they work longer and harder than you.

I am embarrassed when I scan the Kaz Q&A forum and see the tone of the questions that Kaz will look at. Sure, criticism as constructive feedback is good, but rudeness (in the eyes of whoever reads it) is not. If you had the chance to ask Kaz face to face what you posted, would you feel comfortable or change the wording?

Apologies to the mods for going so far off topic, but the attitude, ignorance and badly formed opinions of others is ruining much of the good work GTP is doing.

I also set the rear toe to 0.00, and changed the lsd settings to 15/35/25 to make it a bit more driveable and a bit less understeery when braking. Hope that helps.

P.S: I'm not a tuning wizard I just fiddled about with a few things that worked for me, sorry if I ruin your Lotus haha
Don't worry, that's what setting A, B, and C are for;
To ruin it twice again ;)

Back