Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
Hi guys, had a short GTS break. But the TT in Tsukuba is very nice. At first I thought "....eh, Tsukuba, once again..." :guilty:, but it's actually quite fun.

The top cars seem to be the Gr.B Road Cars from Subaru and Mitsubishi. Some of the top guys use the Bugatti. I will try this too. But as I own only the Mitsubishi, here's my tune.
It's inspired by @praiano63 (nice to see you back, by the way, and @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 too)
Gears are from me. For me it's good for a 0:57,490s at the moment.

BB 2
100mm 120mm
3,20 3,20
5 8
54 57
85 85
1,0 1,5
toe out 0,40 toe in 0,30

5 5
40 40
5 5

Set max gear to 2,700
max speed to 200 km/h
5,713 / 78km/h
4,104 / 109
3,160 / 141
2,600 / 172
2,214 / 202
1,969 / 242
Set max gear to 2,240

The top guys use only three gears, but for me as a player using automatic gears, this works better.
Have fun....

Then it would not be called a Time Trial event, instead end up being a race or a Demolition derby race.
I thought the same. You made my day, mate. :lol: :cheers:

Good to see you back @praiano63, hope all your health troubles are sorted now 👍

Also I see @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 is back on the leaderboard. All the big boys are back :D

My 15 minute setup is working pretty well already but I'll give prairano's tune a try later. Just need to get better rotation and earlier throttle on the 3rd hairpin, otherwise I'm pretty much thereabouts in other parts of the track.

I would like to see your 15 Minute setup, my friend. You're always faster than me. This probably is due to you being in fact faster than me, but anyway... :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see your 15 Minute setup, my friend. You're always faster than me. This might be due to you being in fact faster than me, but anyway... :cheers:

There's a reason I never post my setups, it's pretty much a slapdash job. But if you insist... :lol:

BB +1
Ride max min
Spring min max
Bound min max
Rebound min max
ARB min max
Camber 0.8 0.8
Toe -0.05 -1.00
LSD 5/5
5/60
5/5
Torque 50:50 (change from MFD, can't change from settings screen for some reason)
Gearbox same as prairano tune below, but Final to 5.000

Hope it helps. I don't think it's a great setup but I feel comfortable with it, and that's the most important thing with these TTs. If you have the confidence and consistency to push you'll find more laptime than trying to adapt to a tune that doesn't suit you :)

There's a reason I never post my setups, it's pretty much a slapdash job. But if you insist... :lol:

BB +1
Ride max min
Spring min max
Bound min max
Rebound min max
ARB min max
Camber 0.8 0.8
Toe -0.05 -1.00
LSD 5/5
5/60
5/5
Torque 50:50 (change from MFD, can't change from settings screen for some reason)
Gearbox same as prairano tune below, but Final to 5.000

Hope it helps. I don't think it's a great setup but I feel comfortable with it, and that's the most important thing with these TTs. If you have the confidence and consistency to push you'll find more laptime than trying to adapt to a tune that doesn't suit you :)

Thanks for sharing. To be honest, I'm no native speaker and had to look up what "slapdash job" means. I think the most drivers have some kind of basic setup from where they start.

So what? I tested this setup for the Mitsubishi and I think it's great. I did only 4 laps and was only one tenth slower than my best. So, if I get better used to it, I think I can improve my time. Well done. :cheers:

Edit1: I combined our setups and improved over three tenth for a 0:57,131s and rank 22. First time for me to be on the first page of the leaderboard and even in front of you. :bowdown: :cheers:
I will fiddle with this setup and post it later.

Edit 2: I tried the Bugatti. Fun to drive, but not easy. So here's my setup for the Mitsubishi, inspired by @LeGeNd-1 and @praiano63 with my gears posted before:

BB 0
140mm 65mm
2,50 3,40
1 10
52 61
82 91
1,0 1,5
toe out 0,40 toe out 1,00

5 5
35 30
5 5

Have fun!

Edit 3: By the way, you can get the Mitsubishi in the mile shop, for those who haven't noticed.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. To be honest, I'm no native speaker and had to look up what "slapdash job" means. I think the most drivers have some kind of basic setup from where they start.

So what? I tested this setup for the Mitsubishi and I think it's great. I did only 4 laps and was only one tenth slower than my best. So, if I get better used to it, I think I can improve my time. Well done. :cheers:

Edit1: I combined our setups and improved over three tenth for a 0:57,131s and rank 22. First time for me to be on the first page of the leaderboard and even in front of you. :bowdown: :cheers:
I will fiddle with this setup and post it later.

Edit 2: I tried the Bugatti. Fun to drive, but not easy. So here's my setup for the Mitsubishi, inspired by @LeGeNd-1 and @praiano63 with my gears posted before:

BB 0
140mm 65mm
2,50 3,40
1 10
52 61
82 91
1,0 1,5
toe out 0,40 toe out 1,00

5 5
35 30
5 5

Have fun!
Very good setup my friend :cheers: and it took me 2 laps to get a time of 0:57.733, but with an average gearbox at this stage.

Edit: now 0:57.228 for#33rd :), and once again for a very good setup my friend :bowdown:.

Last edited:
DS4 power.......

0:56.864 / 14th :cheers:

Thank you very much to the @v8_pursuit setup. 👍👍👍
I set on Subaru, just changed bb-2 (getting sooner the right direction after hairpins) and slightly longer gears (250kmh / 6th, less slippage).
Key is to set 50:50 distribution.
Potential is low 0:56.7, lets see ...

FYI I lapped 10 min with maxed Bugatti too.
Stock setup for 57.5xx, it looks very promising...

Ciao

PS: ops 0:56.844 ops 0:56.842 pitstop

20210328_101409.jpg

Last edited:
Very good setup my friend :cheers: and it took me 2 laps to get a time of 0:57.733, but with an average gearbox at this stage.

Edit: now 0:57.228 for#33rd :), and once again for a very good setup my friend :bowdown:.

Fast lap of you my friend. 👍 It´s getting close as always between us. Don´t eat too much chocolate. ;) :cheers:

DS4 power.......

I set on Subaru, just changed bb-2 (getting sooner the right direction after hairpins) and slightly longer gears (250kmh / 6th, less slippage).

Ciao

View attachment 1000394

Yes, DS4 power! Brilliant time. :cheers:

DS4 power.......

Ciao

View attachment 1000394

@lfm58 super time 👍 and with DS4 :bowdown:

I'm behind you ;) with this setup and gear box and LSD from @praiano63 setup. Thanks for the share :cheers:

upload_2021-3-28_23-47-54.png

@v8_pursuit i will try your setup.

@lfm58 super time 👍 and with DS4 :bowdown:

I'm behind you ;) with this setup and gear box and LSD from @praiano63 setup. Thanks for the share :cheers:

View attachment 1000617

@v8_pursuit i will try your setup.

Hello my friend, I tried your setup. For me there is a lack in "turning in" into corners. But that's maybe due to my driving style.
I changed a little here and there and then I was able to get close to my best time. So it's a good setup. 👍 :cheers:

I got heaps of chocolate for this week mate :) and we are always close in these TTs.

Then I get nervous mate, cause I hoped to remain in front of you. :nervous:

Last edited:
I switched to the Subaru, because it is available at the miles shop in the moment. Both cars, Subaru and Mitsubishi are quite similar, but I think the Subaru handles better.

@xtrax: I combined your setup and my gears and changed here and there a little bit and now I improved. Only about two hundreth, but I improved. Great setup my friend. :cheers:

@COLOMBIAMIGUE7: Your setup is also great. :cheers:
Very easy to drive, compared to mine.

I combined your setup with my gears and was faster as with your gears. About my best time in the moment. Try my basic gear setup and change the individual gears to your liking. I think that might solve your proplem my friend. :cheers:

@sdi_03: Welcome back my friend. :cheers:

Last edited:
I switched to the Subaru, because it is available at the miles shop in the moment. Both cars, Subaru and Mitsubishi are quite similar, but I think the Subaru handles better.

@xtrax: I combined your setup and my gears and changed here and there a little bit and now I improved. Only about two hundreth, but I improved. Great setup my friend. :cheers:

@COLOMBIAMIGUE7: Your setup is also great. :cheers:
Very easy to drive, compared to mine.

I combined your setup with my gears and was faster as with your gears. About my best time in the moment. Try my basic gear setup and change the individual gears to your liking. I think that might solve your proplem my friend. :cheers:

Thank you my friend. I will do it tomorrow. I will test your gearbox to see how it goes. Thank you.
:cheers:

@v8_pursuit , I try your setup but the car is unstable for me, each time I break I lost the car. But to be honest, I don't insist too much as i was not confortable with it from the begining, Thanks for the share :cheers:

I switch quickly to @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 setup and immediately feel a difference , the car was more easy to drive. I manage to do 56.790 with no change at all. Super setup 👍 Thanks for the share :cheers:

I did a small modifications on COLOMBIAMIGUE7 setup and managed to do 56.650. But as usual don't really know if this improvement is due to the setup change or just improve my drive. But I share it in case this helps someone

upload_2021-3-31_23-32-3.png

I will continue to work on it tomorrow.

@sdi_03 thanks for the share :cheers: and welcome back :)

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-31_23-31-47.png
    upload_2021-3-31_23-31-47.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 13
@v8_pursuit , I try your setup but the car is unstable for me, each time I break I lost the car. But to be honest, I don't insist too much as i was not confortable with it from the begining, Thanks for the share :cheers:

I switch quickly to @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 setup and immediately feel a difference , the car was more easy to drive. I manage to do 56.790 with no change at all. Super setup 👍 Thanks for the share :cheers:

I did a small modifications on COLOMBIAMIGUE7 setup and managed to do 56.650. But as usual don't really know if this improvement is due to the setup change or just improve my drive. But I share it in case this helps someone

View attachment 1001306

I will continue to work on it tomorrow.

@sdi_03 thanks for the share :cheers: and welcome back :)

Bravo... Súper Time my friend

Back