Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 5, 2020.

1. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

@sdi_03 and @xtrax: I tested both of your setups, but I had only time for a couple of laps. I came close to my best time with both. So each is excellent as I can see on the leaderboard too. :bowdown:

But as stated, this track is tricky, and sometimes I have oversteer and sometimes understeer, but with both setups at different turns. Maybe a combination of both should suit my driving style. I will post my results.

But anyway, I have much fun exchanging setups with you and so to improve and to learn and to be a better driver. Thanks for that. :cheers:

xtrax, sdi_03, Stewyripper and 3 others like this.
  2. Roweer1

Roweer1

Nice to see @xtrax & @sdi_03 stirring up the TX clan a bit :tup:
    I’ve been using @v8_pursuit’s setup conservatively till today, when i maxed out at 1.54.001. I tried @xtrax setup, but i couldn’t get to grips with it; kept losing the rear.
    This evening i went for @sdi_03’s setup. Though it did feel harder to drive -the DS4 probably isn’t making it easier- I immediately felt, there was a sharper turn-in; that it would only be a matter of time till i could control it and improve my best lap. And sure enough: within the hour, i did a 1.53.810 -quite happy with that.:)
    Thanks to the folks that are sharing their setups here. I’d be lost without You!:bowdown::cheers:

3. xtrax

xtrax

Yes you 're right, when you are confortable with a setup for several days you have some marks and reflex and changing with a new setup, it's take time to change mark and reflex. I think it's what happened when i try your setup and @sdi setup.

and mix of setup could help without changing the complete setup.

Yesterday i improve to 1.53.328 with the same setup except for rear toe set to 0.00 instead of +0.15 ,=> taken on @sdi_03 setup :tup:
    as i already took the height and camber from @v8_pursuit , I will say that my setup is already a mix of setup :D Thanks guy for sharing setup :cheers:

Whouah great time with DS4 :bowdown: , for me it's impossible to drive with DS4 :dunce:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    v8_pursuit, sdi_03, fordlaser and 2 others like this.
  4. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

Absolutely brilliant time. :bowdown: I´m 1,5s behind. :cheers:

My setup after a couple of days is a mix of setups too. I usually apply what works for me best. And your time is very impressive. :tup::cheers:

5. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

Hi guys, I finally got under 1:55. Exactly 1:54,847. Here's my setup with a gearbox update. But remember, I'm A DS4 user driving with the sticks and automatic gears, so this is might not an improvement for everyone. Give this a try:
    The basic setup is from @sdi_03 with the following changes:

BB - 3
    Front height 145mm
    Rear camber 1,5

Gears:
    Final to 2,500
    Max speed to min
    4,549 / 77
    3,517 / 100
    2,929 / 120
    2,508 / 140
    2,179 / 160
    1,885 / 200
    Final gear remains at 2,500!!!

You can play with the individual gears to suit your driving and braking style.
    Have fun... :cheers:

Edit: Speed in gears added

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  6. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Talk about tight - I improved my BMB time by about a tenth and moved up over 1,000 places!!! :lol:

7. oooMaXimumooo

oooMaXimumooo

Hi everyone,Ive been lurking for a while. Thanks for sharing setups and gear ratio’s. Does anyone consider changing the rims of the car with 2 inch up? If so, any of them better than the other? I see the no 1 on the board has upgraded his (if I am right). Happy racing

8. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

I don't think rims affect performance in GT. In real life bigger rims increase unsprung mass, so in theory it makes handling even worse. On the upside you can fit bigger brakes. But I don't think either is simulated in the game.

If the whole tyre diameter also changes, you might need to readjust gear ratios to get the same shift points. But again, I think GT keeps the tyre diameter the same (by reducing the tyre sidewall size with bigger rims) so this isn't an issue.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  9. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

As @LeGeNd-1 explained it, it should not make any difference in the game. But one thing, if the rim-size increases the size of the tire flank should usually decrease accordingly, so that the gear ratios should be equal. Usually, but not always.
    Anyway, I used at first the Toyota with 2 inch greater rims and now I use the Subaru with standard rims and I couldn't feel any difference. But test it for yourself and tell us your opinion on that. :cheers:

10. koshmare

koshmare

Can you specify speed for each gear? Not sure if I'm doing it right. Thanks! :cheers:

v8_pursuit and Stewyripper like this.
  11. xtrax

xtrax

@sdi_03 , i gave a new try to your setup and after a certain time , i approached my time, thanks for this excellent setup. :cheers:

with small modification and obviously excellent @v8_pursuit gear box (first one), I managed 1.53.220 :gtpflag:

Thanks to all by sharing setup and giving advice/info. This helps to improve skills :cheers::cheers:

Setup used
    BB -1

suspension based on sdi setup with some modifications :
    140 110
    1,85 1,85
    10 10
    67 67
    89 89
    2.0 2.5
    in 0.30 0.00

LSD

V8_pursuit Gear box
    initial Final : 2.750
    max speed : 180

4.136/85
    3.334/106
    2.774 /127
    2.397/147
    2.111/167
    1.893/199
    Final : 2500

sdi_03, LeGeNd-1, Roweer1 and 3 others like this.
  12. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

I edited my former post and added the max speed in gears.

13. oooMaXimumooo

oooMaXimumooo

What a great setup! Just did 4 laps and took more than half a second of my time for spot 51 (for now). Gearbox keeps the refs around where it has the most HP. Also the car is much more stable under breaking. I guess it has to do with the diff settings. Thanks for sharing.

14. koshmare

koshmare

My best time, made with @xtrax setup

upload_2021-1-28_12-41-29.png

World records

v8_pursuit, Roweer1, sdi_03 and 2 others like this.
  15. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

PD has gone absolutely NUTS!!!! :lol: Tomahawk X @ Nordschleife :crazy::eek::scared:

Back when this car was launched in GT6 we also had the same TT, I think the WR was 3:01. I did a quick google and someone did a 2:50 in GTS, though that was with tuned setup and RSS tyres :crazy: On RS and stock setup it's gonna be slower, but top times should still do close to 3 mins flat or just under.

Now normally I don't condone using unrealistic aids, but this car is so unbelievable anyway, I don't mind using it. In real life fighter jets like the F22 for example, are designed to be inherently unstable for quick maneuverability in dogfights, that no ordinary human can pilot it without computer assistance. This car is similar to that. I used AT, TC1, CSA Strong and also changed the front tyres to Inters so it's not as twitchy on turn in. My T-GT started smelling like burnt steak only after 4 laps (even with FFB turned to minimum), so I called it a day for now :lol:

Good luck and godspeed :bowdown:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  16. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

Here is my best lap and tune so far for the rational event with the Viper that is currently top five worldwide.

The same few FF cars will be a little faster, but the Viper is a lot more fun.

17. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

18. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

I strongly recommend using the DS4's motion controls to steer the Tomahawk...unless you want to risk damaging your wheel or breaking your fingers and wrists lol.

By the way...Gr.4 on Sports Hards? Ehhh?? :odd::odd::odd: Edit: ahhh, was a typo...

19. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

"Tomahawk X VGT Super Lap"

If you remembered your time playing Gran Turismo 6 years ago when Tomahawk VGT series was launched, you knew that horror of that seasonal event...

.... Well, its back now.

20. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

OMG- that is mental!

21. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

I wasn't up early enough to catch the actual final results of the last TTs but, 12 hours prior to their end, these were the fastest times posted by a Croatian driver. Me. :D

[​IMG]

Posted a 3:42 in the Tomahawk...was 9th at one point! ...last I checked someone had a 3:02 on there. Insane! :scared:

I pushed the SLS as far as it'll go on Brands but it's still over a second slower than the Mégane. Fastest SLS time so far, 0:47.117 IIRC.

22. sdi_03

sdi_03

Had to adjust my t300rs wheel settings to 1 and 1 the ffb kills my lap. Its like random hammer hits the wheel and off you go. Also the 100kmh grip is just so odd. 785kg car that cant go round a corner 100kmh? Stupid. :banghead:
    Well, rant over, this Tomahawk TT is still so much fun :cheers::cheers:
    Really hope, that the future TTs would have somethin as crazy as this. :tup:

23. koshmare

koshmare

24. Epic B

Epic B Premium

Oh no.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  25. sdi_03

sdi_03

Oh yes!!! Time to go to brands, this tomahawk is just nuts :lol:

koshmare, v8_pursuit, xtrax and 2 others like this.
  26. Stewyripper

Stewyripper

That is ******* Bonkers with a capital B, good lap. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

v8_pursuit, xtrax and sdi_03 like this.
  27. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

OK, the top guy has broken the 3 minute barrier :eek: @Ken Tagawa might need to come back to defend his record :p

Improved a bit last night, decided to ditch the Inters and used Softs like everyone else. Still using CSA/AT/TC though. All the people around me didn't use any, I have no idea how they keep it on track :bowdown: I was on for a 3:20 but got a corner cut in the squiggly bit between the 2 Karussels :( Gonna reset my brain for a few days and try again.

Also, for those who don't know, EO31Ocon is Esteban Ocon's (Renault/Alpine F1 driver) personal account. I beat him yesterday but he improved again and now currently in 5th. Pretty awesome to see a real driver can also have fun in something so unrealistic :tup:

Yeah the car just loses all grip in the slow corners it seems. I think it's because we are so used to the silly turning force at high speeds (thanks to the yaw effect from the flaps), and at slow speeds the flaps aren't as effective and it feels like a truck. According to the car's press release it's supposed to have active suspension and active camber as well, but maybe PD forgets to program the complex electronics (wouldn't be the first time).

I can't figure out how the top guy just flies through the first corner though. I tried turning back and warming up my tyres on the Dottinger before starting the lap, first corner grip is better but still can't take it as fast as him.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  28. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

It seems like the Tomahawk suffers from the same "issue" as the pre-patch Chaparral X in GT6, where controlling it with a wheel lets you turn sharper than what the game allows with a controller.

I might be wrong though.

...I watched the sub-3m lap and got a headache. Such insane speed through the corners...

29. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

I strongly don't suggest doing extended sessions of the Tomahawk time trial, especially if you're on the wheel. Your hands and arms WILL start to hurt, and I'm finding that out the hard way.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    LeGeNd-1, koshmare, RX8 Racer and 7 others like this.
  30. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Anyone able to explain the sector times and optimal time? I've just run a race and got three sector bests and thought optimal time was the sum of those three sectors, but apparently not? (Not actually set in TT event but applicable for TT runs...)

20210130_101131.jpg

Stewyripper likes this.