Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 4, 2020.

1. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I did a couple of laps in the P1 (nice to have somewhere to drive it!! :) ) and was amazed to see I made it into the top 1,000!!
    Then I checked and found there are only 1,341 players!! :lol:

dimassa19, iMatazzie, lfm58 and 4 others like this.
  2. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

I know it's late but just wanna say thanks for this. After using this line and your tune I finally managed to dip below 0.3 in the dying hours .... with a .298 :lol:

IMO, the clutch really only makes a difference if you're chasing for the top spot. I counted there are 4 upshifts over the whole lap, so maybe if it gives 0.01 advantage per shift it's only 0.04 sec over the whole lap. Even without the clutch, I'm still only around 1 sec slower than the top time (my usual gap at Tsukuba), so I don't really lose much.

In fact, in past games when I still used the G25, my clutch times were usually slower than non-clutch, because if I focus on downshifts, I mess up my braking and vice versa. So the top clutch players are actually making the game harder just for a small gain, and I respect them for that :tup:

lfm58, sdi_03, sirjim73 and 1 other person like this.
  3. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

Here is my best lap for the Brands Hatch event that is currently the fastest lap in the world for anyone using a Viper.

There is about a tenth and a half more I can get but it might take over a thousand miles of practice.

sdi_03, Mr P, jeanbombeur8 and 2 others like this.
  4. Mr P

Mr P

Run some laps at BH in the Megane Trophy.. It's not the fastest car that's for sure but it's very consistent and easy to drive! I reckon this would be great for the online race and string smooth laps together :tup:

Will try some more cars tomorrow :cheers:

sdi_03 and Sphinx like this.
  5. sdi_03

sdi_03

Brands time with audi TT 1:28.9.
    Optimum was .5xx
    Yes, ff cars are bit too powerfull.
    Huracan was also nice to drive, but slow :lol:

6. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

Am I the only one who is not fastest with an FF car? To me the TT is only a bit better on the straights and maintaining stability on grass, but FR cars are a bit better everywhere else. I don't think I can gain more than a few hundredths of a second in the TT
    20200809_224951.jpg
    yet could still gain nearly two tenths in the Viper, mostly in the second to last sector.
    20200809_225033.jpg
    The Viper can carry a noticeable amount more mid corner speed than the TT and that makes the biggest difference.