Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
Tight race between @xtrax and @sdi_03. And @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 is close. Well done guys. Really great lap times. 👍 :cheers:

@ADAM18: Outstanding. :bowdown:

@fordlaser: Still using your gears. For automatic drivers I think they are perfect. :cheers:

@waukazoo: I know your struggling too. But in my fingers, as I use the DS4. Remember as you told me: Slow in, fast out. But who am I to tell you. :) :cheers:

Having much fun. Thanks for all who shared their setups.

Tight race between @xtrax and @sdi_03. And @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 is close. Well done guys. Really great lap times. 👍 :cheers:

@fordlaser: Still using your gears. For automatic drivers I think they are perfect. :cheers:

@waukazoo: I know your struggling too. But in my fingers, as I use the DS4. Remember as you told me: Slow in, fast out. But who am I to tell you. :) :cheers:

Thanks friend this competition is really fun .. to all the guys thanks for sharing your settings really very good we will continue to see what happens ...

Thank for liking my gears mate :cheers:, and also many thanks who shared their setups 👍.

@v8_pursuit I hear ya my friend, :cheers: It's my braking foot that dosen't want to listen. :lol:
It's just a bump in the road. My foot is on wifi I need to have it hard wired.

:bowdown: I'm very thankful to everyone for sharing fantastic tips and tunes. The differences from one tune to the next is amazing and offers a great opportunity to learn multiple ways to tailor a car to one's liking from some of the best tuners around.

Also using each tune as written helps a lot to adapt and improve my driving.
At the end of the day, tuned car or not, it is the driving skills that makes the fast guys fast.

It's fantastic to see this many drivers I recognize from here way up on the leader board!
Congrats my friends :cheers: The pit crews are going to be busy, you've driven the wheels off those Subarus! Super lap times!

@ADAM18 :bowdown: Fantastic lap! Thank you for sharing your tune with us, it's very much appreciated.:cheers:

Last edited:

Thanks , well done for your time and with DS4 :bowdown:

Same for me still using @fordlaser gearbox :cheers:

@COLOMBIAMIGUE7 : thanks mate, great job you did, super time you are close

Nice finish we will have with you and @sdi_03 :cheers:

Nice TT 👍

With @ADAM18 setup but my LSD and gearbox :).
My Great Capture Screenshot 2021-04-06 16-40-44.png

All my respects to the guys who use the DS4 .... They are admirable in their work on the track. My admiration and respect ..

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
I think it's time to separate DS4 users from wheel users ;), because I was watching Bathurst at the weekend and every car seem to be using a wheel, and no controller in sight. So a separate lists between DS4 and wheel users should happen ;).

Last edited:
I think it's time to separate DS4 users from wheel users ;), because I was watching Bathurst at the weekend and every car seem to be using a wheel, and no controller in sight. So a separate lists between DS4 and wheel users should happen ;).
I don't think that DS4 is any slower than wheel. For example I'm holding p4 currently using DS4 and I'm quite mediocre driver IMHO. With wheel (g29) I'm about second slower right now but let's see if I can improve in future. Just bought it a while ago :)

I don't think that DS4 is any slower than wheel. For example I'm holding p4 currently using DS4 and I'm quite mediocre driver IMHO. With wheel (g29) I'm about second slower right now but let's see if I can improve in future. Just bought it a while ago :)
DS4 users only using there Fingers and we wheel users are using more than just fingers, but hey it is just an 💡 but it a good one.

Next up we will be seeing real life races between driverless cars vs human drivers :lol:.

@v8_pursuit I hear ya my friend, :cheers: It's my braking foot that dosen't want to listen. :lol:
It's just a bump in the road. My foot is on wifi I need to have it hard wired.

:bowdown: I'm very thankful to everyone for sharing fantastic tips and tunes. The differences from one tune to the next is amazing and offers a great opportunity to learn multiple ways to tailor a car to one's liking from some of the best tuners around.

Also using each tune as written helps a lot to adapt and improve my driving.
At the end of the day, tuned car or not, it is the driving skills that makes the fast guys fast.

It's fantastic to see this many drivers I recognize from here way up on the leader board!
Congrats my friends :cheers: The pit crews are going to be busy, you've driven the wheels off those Subarus! Super lap times!

@ADAM18 :bowdown: Fantastic lap! Thank you for sharing your tune with us, it's very much appreciated.:cheers:

My full approval to your wise words my friend. I couldn't have said it better. :cheers:

Thanks to everyone who posted tunes, ready to break into the 56s soon, but as @waukazoo said the braking foot has a mind of it's own. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Keep on going. You're a great driver my friend. :cheers:

I agree with you @kuoriainen. By the way, incredible lap of yours. :cheers:

@fordlaser: You use a wheel with auto-gears, I use DS4 with auto-gears. I have so much fun competing against you. We're so close always. Would you really have two different leaderboards? I would not mate...

Thanks my friend :cheers:

Torque distribution set to 50:50 helps a lot ;) Thanks to @v8_pursuit for this tip.
And bravo for your time 👍

Thanks my friend, and you're welcome. :cheers:
Go for P1....and @sdi_03 and @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 too...

Last edited by a moderator:
@fordlaser: You use a wheel with auto-gears, I use DS4 with auto-gears. I have so much fun competing against you. We're so close always. Would you really have two different leaderboards? I would not mate..
No I was only taking BS about DS4 vs Wheel users but a good stir to brighten up the Thread 👍, and it's all good fun and I must have had far to much red wine and not enough Chocolate to eat sorry.

Thanks my friend :cheers:

done with this setup ;)
View attachment 1001822

excellent LSD and gearbox from @fordlaser. thanks fo the share :cheers:

Torque 35:65
View attachment 1001824

I also try with this setup the Excellent LSd and gearbox of @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 , @v8_pursuit ,@praiano63 and I was near of my record.

Thanks guys for the share :cheers::gtpflag:

Out of curiosity, what is that 676 that can be seen in your settings? Can that be power? What units are those? :confused: Just asking because I have 666 bhp which seems to be maximum I can have.

And of course, congrats for P3 :cheers:

Out of curiosity, what is that 676 that can be seen in your settings? Can that be power? What units are those? :confused: Just asking because I have 666 bhp which seems to be maximum I can have.

And of course, congrats for P3 :cheers:
But respect to your time :bowdown: With DS4 with the wheel you will be more faster after a certain time for sure :cheers:

Yes it's the power 676 ch, in France the unit ch (chevaux)

@sdi_03 I can see you in my mirrors :lol:
Well done super time. :cheers:

Last edited:
I have had enough tsukuba for a while :lol::lol:
P4 atm. :cheers:

Really close this time with xtrax and kuoriainen. And miguel is not far behind also. :cheers:

oh and kuoriainen, I was planning to ask you to join here, but you beat me to it. :lol:

Oh, nice to know :cheers: I found this forum couple of months ago when googling for tunes but due to my laziness it took couple of months from me to register here. :gtpflag:But rather late than never. :lol:

I've also had enough of Tsukuba. Oh and nice time btw :cheers:

I have had enough tsukuba for a while :lol::lol:
P4 atm. :cheers:

Really close this time with xtrax and kuoriainen. And miguel is not far behind also. :cheers:

oh and kuoriainen, I was planning to ask you to join here, but you beat me to it. :lol:

Mega Time my friend
This TT was interesting and very competitive ... I lose all my time in the last corner of course this is TSUKUBA ... This afternoon I will use the last cartridges in this test, hopefully tomorrow that TT will come out.

The TX3 boy got the first place back .. it's really good

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega Time my friend
This TT was interesting and very competitive ... I lose all my time in the last corner of course this is TSUKUBA ... This afternoon I will use the last cartridges in this test, hopefully tomorrow that TT will come out.

The TX3 boy got the first place back .. it's really good

It's going to get tight for the first place. The places changed again and the gap is 0.003 seconds ATM!

No I was only taking BS about DS4 vs Wheel users but a good stir to brighten up the Thread 👍, and it's all good fun and I must have had far to much red wine and not enough Chocolate to eat sorry.

Everything is ok. I thought of something like this. You like to be the devil's advocate, don't you? ;) I like this kind of thinking. :cheers:

@kuoriainen: Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your setup. 👍
Nice to see some other DS4 player. And congrats to your great time. :cheers:

@All: As @waukazoo said already, fantastic to see so much fellow drivers from this forum to be high on the leaderboard. Well done for all of you. :cheers:

@ADAM18: A finish like in the movies. I press all thumbs for you. An outstanding lap. :cheers:

If Tsukuba is in the TTs in the next half year, I sell my PS4 and will never buy GT7, I promise.... :lol:

@kuoriainen: Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your setup. 👍
Nice to see some other DS4 player. And congrats to your great time. :cheers:
Thank you. Nice to be here among like minded people. For some reason, even if I'm from country where motorsport has been very popular, I don't have many friends who like racing so finding this kind of forum was really nice.

Yesterday I practised about 30 laps with wheel in Tsukuba and it felt actually quite good with 4WD car. My best time was 57.4xx but optimum was 56.9xx which was very promising. 👍 I still have lot of work to become competitive with high powered FR/MR cars. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back