Toyota GR Supra Nurburgring Livery Gr.4 Now Available in GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 268 comments
United States
United States
It's available now.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191216033104.png

Gave it a run around Fuji and honestly, its one of the best GR.4 cars I've driven in the game. Feels much faster then the GT 86 AND the Lexus RC F, also feels better then both as well. Will have to see what this does with Worn tires eventually.

I'm testing it versus the 86 and RC F right now.

NO tyre branding in LE:rolleyes:(You're killing me, PD). Silly placement for the number plate. No default driver names. Still, great gift.

EL5cDYxUYAADFGq

EL5cSubUwAEWHIt

Not entirely surprised, you still aren't allowed to change tire brands on the GR.4 cars so I wasn't expecting this to be any different.

I got mine and the wait was so worth it.

So I tested the car around Brands Hatch, N24, and Dragon Trail Gardens and the car is very grippy. Like of all the Gr.4 cars I've driven in the game, the N24 GR Supra is the grippiest Gr.4 car I've ever driven.

The BoP for the car is not bad too.

Gave it a run around Fuji and honestly, its one of the best GR.4 cars I've driven in the game. Feels much faster then the GT 86 AND the Lexus RC F, also feels better then both as well. Will have to see what this does with Worn tires eventually.

Not entirely surprised, you still aren't allowed to change tire brands on the GR.4 cars so I wasn't expecting this to be any different.
Agree 100%. Best Gr.4. Neutral handling. Suspension soaks up bumps like the RC F. Turn the front wheels, the car keeps turning with more lock like the 86. Doesn't step out. Last two right-handers before the straight at the Nurb 24... planted. It's unreal how superb this car is. Torque up the hill in 6th. It didn't get unsettled once. Easiest Gr.4 I've driven at the NUrb. From T1, I knew what I had "under" me. Fantastic.

Hmm, I'm not seeing the same performance as those who are raving about it. I tried it with the settings for the recent Gr.4 Manu race at Monza No Chicane and it was a complete dog. Requires short shifting all the way from start to finish to make the fuel last, which slows it down by about 1 second a lap. Even if you use full fuel, speed at the end of the straight is poor, and lap times are slow. Tyre wear is nothing special, neither is it particularly stable when changing direction through the chicane. The only redeeming quality I can see is that it has good agility, partly due to the instability. Total race time was 17 seconds slower than Citroen or McLaren.

Hmm, I'm not seeing the same performance as those who are raving about it. I tried it with the settings for the recent Gr.4 Manu race at Monza No Chicane and it was a complete dog. Requires short shifting all the way from start to finish to make the fuel last, which slows it down by about 1 second a lap. Even if you use full fuel, speed at the end of the straight is poor, and lap times are slow. Tyre wear is nothing special, neither is it particularly stable when changing direction through the chicane. The only redeeming quality I can see is that it has good agility, partly due to the instability. Total race time was 17 seconds slower than Citroen or McLaren.

As I mentioned in my post, I haven't quite tested it with Tire wear yet (Or Full Fuel for that matter), just did laps in time trial just for a quick feel with it.

I'm testing it versus the 86 and RC F right now.

NO tyre branding in LE:rolleyes:(You're killing me, PD). Silly placement for the number plate. No default driver names. Still, great gift.

EL5cDYxUYAADFGq

EL5cSubUwAEWHIt
That makes me wonder if they are going to do little changes every update like the interior etc until it looks like the real thing .

Last edited:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_8594204.html

We have begun distribution of the 'GR Supra (Nürburgring 24 Hours Race 2019 Livery)' car for use in Gran Turismo Sport to participants who completed the GR Supra Survey open from October to November.

We received over 100,000 responses globally, either via Gran Turismo Sport or on gran-turismo.com. Thank you to everyone who took part.

The 'GR Supra (Nürburgring 24 Hours Race 2019 Livery)' gift car is a Gr.4 class vehicle featuring the livery used at the 2019 Nürburgring 24-hour race. This unique car combines the performance and exterior of a standard Gr.4 racing car with the interior of the road car variant and is exclusively available to participants who completed the survey.

Owners of this car are free to use it in the Daily Races and Nations Cup online races within the ‘Sport' mode.

Please note that while it is possible to ‘sell’ this car in-game, it will not be possible to reacquire it should you do so.

Disapointed but not surprised
It's weird as they've had the car race in 2018, but didn't decide to put the race interior in this model. SInce it's exclusive to survey participants, maybe the GT4 will come in the near future. MAybe after the reward period in June. Not that it's unfair to those who missed the survey(like new PS4/GTSport owners -for Christmas especially), but it's messed up we can use it in the online races and many miss out.

So uh it might be my driving but a stock version without BoP feels alright while BoP for some reason it is more prone to oversteer while turning so gotta not overdo on the curves.
Still it is an ok car, a pity with the interior though

So uh it might be my driving but a stock version without BoP feels alright while BoP for some reason it is more prone to oversteer while turning so gotta not overdo on the curves.
Ah, is that why I commented on the instability, whereas others didn't, have other people been testing it without BoP? I tested it in terms of whether I'd want to use it for an FIA or Daily Race with BoP on, so with BoP on and fuel and tyre multipliers from a recent race.

It's weird as they've had the car race in 2018, but didn't decide to put the race interior in this model. SInce it's exclusive to survey participants, maybe the GT4 will come in the near future. MAybe after the reward period in June. Not that it's unfair to those who missed the survey(like new PS4/GTSport owners -for Christmas especially), but it's messed up we can use it in the online races and many miss out.
Its not messed up as the real supra GT4 is all but confirmed i mean they are adding a police car of a Toyota i didn't knew existed 3 day ago so but you know what is ? Kaz saying (not real quotes by the way)
"Oh you people want a bigger credit cup ? well then pay us 8 € and uf you are fast enough with an understeering brick you can have it!" or "You want GT league back ? Never mind that its a bare shell with just simple one time races no . gift cars and everything is restricted as 🤬 it dosen't even count towards game progression anyway ! giving you no incentive what so ever. Oh and do you remember when i said everything is restrictive ? well you see there is an event called Nostalgic 1979 but its resticted to GR.X cars so you have to spend at least 15 million to be eligible and have a decent chance at winning . What did you say ? the AI can race with road cars too ? Well i did say this only applies to YOU didn't i? happy grinding!."
and "Do you want to win one of the lamest reward car of the series ruining every possible chance of owning every car in the game? well give us 8€ and beat Mr Lewis Hamilton himself . " Thats messed up.

Last edited:
I got it too! Of course I expect all the regulars to have this car now.

I dumped all the points into it to get it to 490hp 930kg.... which for the stock aero results in a measly 265km/h???

Will dump all the aero down to lowest and lower the final drive and get a tune. But as it is, it does sub 2'25" around Spa so its very very good.

I dont find it that oversteery like you guys say... sure you can provoke it but you can catch it easily. Econ is fine and power is as expected.

I do like this car which actually says a lot as I DO NOT LIKE the road version.

Ah, is that why I commented on the instability, whereas others didn't, have other people been testing it without BoP? I tested it in terms of whether I'd want to use it for an FIA or Daily Race with BoP on, so with BoP on and fuel and tyre multipliers from a recent race.
I drove it around N24 with BOP On. Did a couple laps at Brands Hatch with BOP On then Off. With it on, I could get some slippage, but easily corrected. To me, it feels like a test of a new grip model. No other Gr.4 has this level of grip. Not even the Slophy. Hard braking and turning, I'm not getting that understeer sliiiiide into the corner. I just keep scrubbing speed and turning with grip. Maybe you're at a higher limit than what I'm experiencing with the car.

Back