Update coming next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's two sides. People should recognise that if their opinion isnt represented by what the 'community' thinks is 'popular' or consensus then they should just keep it to themselves.

This could not be any more wrong. If everyone just kept quiet about differing opinions there would be no point in forums in the first place. I enjoy reading the differing opinions, it’s the reason to come here. If you don’t like different opinions than maybe you should keep it to your self.

Another contemporary road car; and one that's American and is the highest level trim too...

This is a blessed image, you cannot change my mind on this.​
It is a bit refreshing to see a modern road car being added to GTS, it's been a long while since a newer car has been added.

Refreshing indeed. Let's hope this Camaro is a part of a batch of modern cars that will start arriving, and that it won't become an event as common as a sasquatch free diving off a low flying UFO to land on the back of the Loch Ness Monster.

This could not be any more wrong. If everyone just kept quiet about differing opinions there would be no point in forums in the first place. I enjoy reading the differing opinions, it’s the reason to come here. If you don’t like different opinions than maybe you should keep it to your self.
Maybe stop cherry-picking the post and read the whole.

He talks about how people here love being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, especially for the subjects so subjective such as what car/circuit the update should have.

Example being that the Spa circuit that many, many people requested here to the point of memes. Then out of the blue, several people then say that they don't like Spa all along and prefer other circuits instead (mostly le holy trinity).

One or two posts you could ignore. But too many of them though and it becomes mildly annoying for obvious reason.

But it cost 500.000 in GT6

Plenty of classic cars had their prices jacked up significantly during the jump from GT6 to Sport. A few of the worst offenders:
  • Shelby GT350 (50,000 in GT6, now 400,000 in Sport)
  • Ferrari Dino 246 GT (90,000 in GT6, now 500,000 in Sport)
  • Lancia Stratos (375,000 in GT6, now 600,000 in Sport)
  • Lamborghini Countach LP400 (216,600 in GT6, now 1.8 million in Sport)
  • Ferrari 288 GTO (1.25 million in GT6, now 1.85 million in Sport)
  • Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (4.5 million in GT6, now 15 million in Sport, the absolute worst offender so far)
The Corvette Stingray Racer might end up the same way at worst.

Ugh, I didn't want to see these PlayStation store leaks; I promised I'd just find out by the trailer, and of course the first one on the list is the one I was questioning. Too late I guess ..

Can you use the Corvette in that Nostalgia race series where you needed at least the 15Mio Daytona so far?

I like that Chevy has been featuring more DLC in recent months. At this time last year, I believe we only had the '69 Stingray. Since last December, they've added 4 more cars via DLC.

Technically we got an extra car when the Mercedes arrived as the color variation is a separated version :P
While essentially true, the silhouette Tweet never showed which it was - and it could have been an animated gif switching between the two...

... but of course if that applied to this update too, the alternate version would also be in the PS Store right now.

Last edited:
GT Sport's business model is to intentionally tease gamers and delay content as long as possible. It's being a donkey being teased by a carrot on a stick that's 10 miles long. If they continue this business model to the next GT game, I will stick with games that release all their content immediately and completely ignore Gran Turismo until they change business models. Life is too short to wait over 2 years to race my favorite tracks like Spa, Monaco, Daytona, Sonoma, Le Mans 1971.

GT Sport's business model is to intentionally tease gamers and delay content as long as possible. Life is too short to wait over 2 years to race my favorite tracks like Spa, Monaco, Daytona, Sonoma, Le Mans 1971.
And your life should be a good one. A one filled with high quality tracks, not rushed, unfinished pieces that you never see complete before it's over.

And your life should be a good one. A one filled with high quality tracks, not rushed, unfinished pieces that you never see complete before it's over.

High quality like a 1983 Toyota Corolla? Or Broad Bean Raceway? Why is Kaz adding cars and tracks to GT sport that I wouldn't even want to drive in real life?

GT Sport's business model is to intentionally tease gamers and delay content as long as possible.
Kazunori Yamauchi
I think nowadays we are no longer in the era where you hold on to the new cars and tracks that you create for the next title, and you save it all for your release. I don’t think we work that way any more. Now it is sort of like being on Spotify or the iTunes Store; I think it is more natural to have new additional cars and tracks added to the store as they are ready to go.
Life is too short to wait over 2 years to race my favorite tracks like Spa, Monaco, Daytona, Sonoma, Le Mans 1971.
We have no evidence that - Spa aside - any of these tracks are even considered for inclusion, let alone considered, licensed, scanned, modelled, tested and being held back because of a business model that is in opposition to what Yamauchi himself has said.

Also, we have a Suggestions forum for content you'd like to see in the game, so people don't clutter up other threads with wishlists of their own personal favourite content. Here's the one for tracks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back