Update coming next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s always a group like this. Stop being a child and enjoy the fact you paid the base price for the game and aren’t expected to pay anything else. How often do you find games like that these days?

Kaz: ‘HAVE SOMETHING FOR FREE’

People who like to be noticed: ‘No I hate free things’
Not sure if it's just me, but I don't feel obligated to enjoy something because it's free...

And there are plenty of games that work in a similar fashion: Rainbow Six Siege, For Honor, The Crew 2, Overwatch, Red Dead Redemption 2, gta v... Those are just the ones I play..

Sure some are a lot more fair in then others, but they all provide free content...

When has gran turismo said it’s all about racing cars which is no doubt what you want?

Next please
Well, when they call it SPORT and say Gr.3 cars are the stars of the game.. It kinda makes me perceive the game as race car oriented..

But that's just me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, they're abandoning the purpose of the game itself.
When GT Sport launched it had...

14 Gr1 cars (there may be a counting error here)
0 Gr2 cars
31 Gr3 cars
26 Gr4 cars
Races held every day for some of the said classes

In total, 71 cars in those four classes.

Now it has...

21 Gr1 cars
6 Gr2 cars
35 Gr3 cars
27 Gr4 cars

In total, 89 cars in those classes.

From the sound of things, if I didn't know better, I'd expect PD to have removed most of the racing cars and stopped having Sport mode races for them. Still the undeniable fact is that there have been nearly 20 new cars, six of them in a completely new class, and races for some of the classes are still held every day.

Putting things into perspective: I just watched a Blancpain GT America race tonight. There were six different brands of GT3 cars racing. We have six times that. In the Europe series there are 11 different cars. We have three times that. In the GT4 series there are 13 and 12 different cars respectively. We have twice that.

Well, when they call it SPORT and say Gr.3 cars are the stars of the game.. It kinda makes me perceive the game as race car oriented..
Gr3 is still the largest uniform category in the game with 35 cars. N300 comes second with 34 cars.

This thread says a lot about modern society, and it's "I want it now" mentality.

You're getting all this content each month for diddly squat, be grateful, and just enjoy it. You'll all get Spa, more rain, more cars that you're waiting for, all in good time.

I'm not a Take That fan, but..........

:dopey:

This thread says a lot about modern society, and it's "I want it now" mentality.

You're getting all this content each month for diddly squat, be grateful, and just enjoy it. You'll all get Spa, more rain, more cars that you're waiting for, all in good time.

I'm not a Take That fan, but..........

:dopey:

As @EinsTheOne put it: just because it's free, doesn't mean I have to like it, or give it value. Let's say I don't like jazz, for example, I sign up for a digital music store that, as part of the deal, offers me 5 songs for free. Sweet! Later I find out they only have jazz for free. It's an epic deal for someone who loves jazz but, for me, that and nothing is, essentially, the same.

I get the whole point of 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth', but you can also understand the frustration of never getting anything of what you're looking for, and let's just say, for my personal tastes, the updates have not succeeded in giving anything interesting for quite a while (car-wise, tracks is another story). Borrowing a bit from Captain Picard: I think I've been exemplary in my patience.

"(...)more cars that you're waiting for, all in good time." - Do you know something we don't? New project is in the works. GT Sport's days of support may be numbered and I'm yet to see many cars I like. That's why it starts to get frustrating, once you realize support may be coming to an end without the content you've been, patiently, waiting for.

I'd like to see the GT4.R, but that rear wing position. If someone could place the race car and road car on the silhouette, might help a bit.

My brain won't let this just come out & see the actual car, so I looked at the silhouette from the tweet. I can't see the mounts for the rear wing. In pictures, it appears that the ZL1 1LE has the mounts closer to the edges of the trunk (boot) of the car. The GT4.R has them closer to the center of the trunk lid. But, looking at the silhouette, the leading edge of the rear wing is tilted down. That is a cue from the ZL1, where the pics I've looked at of the GT4.R appear to be flat even with the trunk lid. It looks like it is the ZL1 1LE. :guilty:

My bet for the cars: all of these DLC cars are obvious being modelled for Gran Turismo 7, right now we're just in a batch where they're modelling the road cars.

Out of curiosity, I went to see where the Camaro ZL1 was, in the suggestions list, and I can say that car came out of nowhere. I think that any cars that arrived from near the most voted of that list, did so by pure coincidence.

A lot of people have mentioned wanting it in other parts of the forum. The suggestions list is in a silly part of the forum no one goes to. If it was really anything to go by it would be a sticky in the GT Sport forum.

My brain won't let this just come out & see the actual car, so I looked at the silhouette from the tweet. I can't see the mounts for the rear wing. In pictures, it appears that the ZL1 1LE has the mounts closer to the edges of the trunk (boot) of the car. The GT4.R has them closer to the center of the trunk lid. But, looking at the silhouette, the leading edge of the rear wing is tilted down. That is a cue from the ZL1, where the pics I've looked at of the GT4.R appear to be flat even with the trunk lid. It looks like it is the ZL1 1LE. :guilty:
Yeah, with 680hp, it has 200 more than the GT4.R(non-BoP). For me, how much it can be de-tuned, is the question.

manutençao.png

I don't know if this is happening to me, and it has nothing to do with the topic either but the Gran Turismo site is under maintenance ?

I get the whole point of 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth', but you can also understand the frustration of never getting anything of what you're looking for, and let's just say, for my personal tastes, the updates have not succeeded in giving anything interesting for quite a while (car-wise, tracks is another story).

It's not even the idea of 'getting what you're looking for'. It's getting what the game needs. Which is, by the very point of the game, a point that, I will continually note, is one that Polyphony more or less gave the finger to classic fans in order to court more focused, online focused sim racing. Now Polyphony, either because they're winding down GT Sport production for GT7 or whatever (A lie I don't believe for a second, alongside basically shooting yourself in the foot if you're winding down production on a game you're still trying to push tournaments and e-sports events across) or because they're trying to bolt on a career mode into the game (Again, it should be noted, a game mode that chances are we won't even be able to play if the servers go offline, considering how 90% of the game has been gated with what amounts to always online for literally no reason) but they're leaving what they tried to push heavily in the game's initially marketing behind.

Like...what point is there in trying to force a career mode that isn't even very good into the game, when you could have done that from the beginning and added onto it? What is the point of adding in single player events and road vehicles when that's more or less the only thing that's been added for the past five months or so? What's the point of adding racing vehicles that are classic race cars that need to be BOP'd to infinity in order to make them competitive for the VGT/GR. whatever classes that are present, or add in spec series racers that trounce every other vehicle in it's class, even after being BOP'd to make every other vehicle try and catch up?

So many people are missing the forest for the trees here, in that people *can* criticize free updates, especially when they are running opposite to the actual stated goal of the game, the one that Polyphony very much told people to either take or leave, and they can't even balance it out with doing one Sport Mode focused update, and one GT League afterwards.

But what a surprise. It's been incredibly obvious for a while that apparently Polyphony can't do no wrong, even though there's ample examples of doing wrong, and either neuter the game they tried to make at launch, or would be lambasted by this forum if it was done by any other developer or publisher.

Yeah, with 680hp, it has 200 more than the GT4.R(non-BoP). For me, how much it can be de-tuned, is the question.

IIRC, you can de-tune the Charger Hellcat down to ~500 HP, which would be good enough if you wanted to run a mixed style of racing. The Gr. 4 cars max at just below 500 HP.

When GT Sport launched it had...

14 Gr1 cars (there may be a counting error here)
0 Gr2 cars
31 Gr3 cars
26 Gr4 cars

In total, 71 cars in those four classes.

Now it has...

21 Gr1 cars
6 Gr2 cars
35 Gr3 cars
27 Gr4 cars

In total, 89 cars in those classes.

From the sound of things, if I didn't know better, I'd expect PD to have removed most of the racing cars and stopped having Sport mode races for them. Still the undeniable fact is that there have been nearly 20 new cars, six of them in a completely new class, and races for some of the classes are still held every day.

Putting things into perspective: I just watched a Blancpain GT America race tonight. There were six different brands of GT3 cars racing. We have six times that. In the Europe series there are 11 different cars. We have three times that. In the GT4 series there are 13 and 12 different cars respectively. We have twice that.

Gr3 is still the largest uniform category in the game with 35 cars. N300 comes second with 34 cars.
+ Super Formula. :D

Edit: (and not to mention the Rally cars...)

Last edited:
Someone suggested me Spa could simply be a World Tour only track, which i hope is not the case because MY GOD the backlash would be insane and bigger than we have ever witnessed before

But what a surprise. It's been incredibly obvious for a while that apparently Polyphony can't do no wrong, even though there's ample examples of doing wrong, and either neuter the game they tried to make at launch, or would be lambasted by this forum if it was done by any other developer or publisher.

Except they have been lambasted, I don't think you actually read anything around here. Or my posts for that matter I assume I'm on ignore.

Oh boy, another thread, another whining session.

This is a flat out lie, PD was criticised heavily when GT Sport first came around. Not to mention, chill out with the melodramatic wording for once... :odd:

It's not even the idea of 'getting what you're looking for'. It's getting what the game needs. Which is, by the very point of the game, a point that, I will continually note, is one that Polyphony more or less gave the finger to classic fans in order to court more focused, online focused sim racing. Now Polyphony, either because they're winding down GT Sport production for GT7 or whatever (A lie I don't believe for a second, alongside basically shooting yourself in the foot if you're winding down production on a game you're still trying to push tournaments and e-sports events across) or because they're trying to bolt on a career mode into the game (Again, it should be noted, a game mode that chances are we won't even be able to play if the servers go offline, considering how 90% of the game has been gated with what amounts to always online for literally no reason) but they're leaving what they tried to push heavily in the game's initially marketing behind.

Like...what point is there in trying to force a career mode that isn't even very good into the game, when you could have done that from the beginning and added onto it? What is the point of adding in single player events and road vehicles when that's more or less the only thing that's been added for the past five months or so? What's the point of adding racing vehicles that are classic race cars that need to be BOP'd to infinity in order to make them competitive for the VGT/GR. whatever classes that are present, or add in spec series racers that trounce every other vehicle in it's class, even after being BOP'd to make every other vehicle try and catch up?

So many people are missing the forest for the trees here, in that people *can* criticize free updates, especially when they are running opposite to the actual stated goal of the game, the one that Polyphony very much told people to either take or leave, and they can't even balance it out with doing one Sport Mode focused update, and one GT League afterwards.

I race in snail here at gtplanet and we absolutely love the cars you see no point in being added. I believe poly makes many mistakes but adding cars, or events to the single player isn't one of them. I am excited to see a new batch of cars everytime. Can't wait to see what we are going to be able to race with soon. My complaints with poly have to do with the online penalty system more than anything, but that's off-topic.

N700 with the Hellcat I think.

We got what we got. I didn't expect X amount of cars in any updates. Only Suggested many cars. I'm about "We get what we get".

You were unsure about seeing that many cars in updates. All I did was remind that we did get more than 8-10 cars.

We were getting 5 cars for that past months. Now, four again. Do we get three down to two down to one, before PD are done?

You do realize we are only coming up on the second full year of this game's release? GT6 got nowhere near the amount of post launch content this game does yet it took until 2017 for the servers to be shut down from its 2013 release. Feel you are getting abit overly dramatic based solely on the amount of cars we get. Again, we are only in year two of this game's life cycle, its far from over (Especially as an esports tile)

How many of those Blancpain cars were fictional and how many were from 2016 and before?

13 real world GT4 cars sounds awesome, it's 13 times the amount that is in GTS :D.

So how much do we think PD is going to inflate the price of the Stingray XP-87 concept to?

For reference in GT6 it started at 500,000 Cr.

So how much do we think PD is going to inflate the price of the Stingray XP-87 concept to?

For reference in GT6 it started at 500,000 Cr.

Its either gonna be:

- The same price since there is no real world reference for this one-off

- maybe 600,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back