Update coming next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That honestly sounds hilarious.

The car selection in GT Sport seems to be very "deliberate". The fact that they don't feel obligated to throw in new cars is a little liberating, but I do think it's gonna get them some flack in a game that has a relatively slow flow of content.
I'm not sure if I can agree with liberating. I just would like more modern cars. Supercars, sports cars, sedans, trucks, idc. Sure every other racing game has them, but there is a reason for that.

As we are only getting 4 cars I am hoping we get another track, not just Tokyo with one wet weather ribbon. I like Tokyo but can wait for that one. I know it probably won't happen but I am praying it does. As for the cars I love GT for its eclectic mix of machines so all gratefully received ;)

I certainly hope GT7 does not come out in 2 years! Whats wrong with GT Sport seriously whys everybody so eager to throw their money out the window?
Whats wrong with gt sport, content is the problem they don’t have enough to keep players Busy like a numbered gt would have, there is your answer

I'd love to recreate this shot.
upload_2019-9-21_22-11-6.png

Hopefully, fuel and tyre wear is removed from qualifying and also brought back to 10 minutes.
At the moment, qualifying does not make any sense at all, I think it would be for the best...
Also, I am not sure the warm up is of any use to anyone and I don't think that fuel saving races are interesting to anyone either
Hopefully, Polyphony can take this into account and make it a good game. At the moment, it is not FIA worthy or even esport worthy but could be with those changes.

Love how these threads are an invite for Whiners and complainers. Would have thought that after two years everyone would have moved on from that and embraced the positive aspects of the game. GTS is no ball and chain. It’s not your life sentence. Jog on if it’s not for you.

Only 11 pre 1990 premium cars left.

- Volkswagen Schwimmwagen Typ 166 '42
- Volkswagen Kübelwagen Typ 82 '44
- Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson
- Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupé '54
- BMW 507 '57
- Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59
- Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67
- Chevrolet Nova SS '70
- Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
- Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
- Ayrton Senna West Surrey Racing, Ayrton Senna '83
- Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car '86
- Isuzu 4200R '89

Looking at the 4 cars coming this month, the Nostalgia events look very likely to get new races, together with Stars and Stripes. At any rate, the existing ones are going to get a lot of use next week!

Although I'm still enjoying the Miura having recently acquired it, so I'm in no rush... plus I still have JDM cars from last month to finish toying with, which I've deliberately left not to spend the whole month doing just the J Sports events! So I can now alternate between J Sports, Stars and Stripes, Nostalgia events and the Miura (in the Italian job livery for the 50th anniversary).

If I stretch it out a bit longer to next month, after JDM and US (plus a bit of Ferrari), we know the Taycan is next month. Which leads me to hypothesise that next month could be European car heavy, possibly even specifically German car heavy.

That 300 SL and BMW 507 stick out like sore thumbs now in @Volksauto post above.

If they're focussing on scooping up the last of the classic premiums from GT6 right now, and that's what the release pattern looks like to me, those 2 plus the Taycan, plus something else a bit random, would be my bet for the October silhouette.

It's not even the idea of 'getting what you're looking for'. It's getting what the game needs. Which is, by the very point of the game, a point that, I will continually note, is one that Polyphony more or less gave the finger to classic fans in order to court more focused, online focused sim racing. Now Polyphony, either because they're winding down GT Sport production for GT7 or whatever (A lie I don't believe for a second, alongside basically shooting yourself in the foot if you're winding down production on a game you're still trying to push tournaments and e-sports events across) or because they're trying to bolt on a career mode into the game (Again, it should be noted, a game mode that chances are we won't even be able to play if the servers go offline, considering how 90% of the game has been gated with what amounts to always online for literally no reason) but they're leaving what they tried to push heavily in the game's initially marketing behind.

Like...what point is there in trying to force a career mode that isn't even very good into the game, when you could have done that from the beginning and added onto it? What is the point of adding in single player events and road vehicles when that's more or less the only thing that's been added for the past five months or so? What's the point of adding racing vehicles that are classic race cars that need to be BOP'd to infinity in order to make them competitive for the VGT/GR. whatever classes that are present, or add in spec series racers that trounce every other vehicle in it's class, even after being BOP'd to make every other vehicle try and catch up?

So many people are missing the forest for the trees here, in that people *can* criticize free updates, especially when they are running opposite to the actual stated goal of the game, the one that Polyphony very much told people to either take or leave, and they can't even balance it out with doing one Sport Mode focused update, and one GT League afterwards.

But what a surprise. It's been incredibly obvious for a while that apparently Polyphony can't do no wrong, even though there's ample examples of doing wrong, and either neuter the game they tried to make at launch, or would be lambasted by this forum if it was done by any other developer or publisher.
GTS is what PD always wanted - a competitive online focused racing game and when they were making it, they probably didn't realize that old fans would get disappointed, otherwise they wouldn't do it. This was a game, that they were very satisfied with and thought that most people, no matter if new to GT or old GT fans, would get satisfied as well. That's why I disagree with your statement about them "Giving the finger", they just...made a mistake, a mistake that wasn't intentional. PD however, realized this mistake. That's why they added the campaign mode back and also some cars that used to be loved in older GT games.

PD, in my opinion, is an amazing company and I think you are just viewing them a bit negatively. I agree with some of the things you said and with some not, but one thing is for sure - PD did an amazing job with GTS, they finally improved sounds, they made the most detailed car models of any racing game currently on the market, made very good photomode that is probably the best on the market, added rating system for online racing, made lots of totally new and amazing fictional tracks, more realistic tyre model compared to GT6, amazing world tour events and more. Also, let's not forget that they are updating this game regularly, either with new content, improving tyre model, improving FIA races or just fixing bugs.

I think Gr.3 got the Red Bull Ring wet race.
Nah. Still same 3 races. Red Bull is dry.

And wished it wasn't in amateur league. Would have enjoyed it more on Pro since payouts are bigger (only SF19 has biggest payout in Amateur League and it feels more like a Professional race)

Gr3 is still the largest uniform category in the game with 35 cars. N300 comes second with 34 cars.

First thanks for putting it in numbers... Gives us a very good understanding of how the game still is about....

But first, Gr.3 being the largest class in the game doesn't mean it can't be extended..

Second, my actual issue with the addition of road cars is the fact that they barely see any use in Daily races which is the game's main selling point the way I see it...

A car added to Gr.3/4 has a much higher chance of seeing some track action than any addition to N400/500...

So IMO, they should either have a lot more daily races with the different N classes or just focus more on the race cars if they wanna keep the daily races the way they are..

Oh joy we have another update! But that can't be possible, the game is dead! PD no longer care about this game any more... Oh sorry the game isn't dead, PD still supports it and we look to be getting a new Camaro! This game still has some life left in it.

First thanks for putting it in numbers... Gives us a very good understanding of how the game still is about....

But first, Gr.3 being the largest class in the game doesn't mean it can't be extended..

Second, my actual issue with the addition of road cars is the fact that they barely see any use in Daily races which is the game's main selling point the way I see it...

A car added to Gr.3/4 has a much higher chance of seeing some track action than any addition to N400/500...

So IMO, they should either have a lot more daily races with the different N classes or just focus more on the race cars if they wanna keep the daily races the way they are..
The whole daily races i can wholeheartedly agree. At least spice things up with the cars we get.
Even historical cars (the Dragon Gardens with the expensive Berlinetta was a great choice as people can't afford it so you could practice with it).

They need to add 2 more slots since they are sticking with weekly.

Wishlist posts deleted/edited: 7 - the Suggestions forum is still a thing, and we can still see what cars you'd like in the game right there
Game X is better posts deleted: 5 - we have other forums for those games, feel free to use them
Generally stupid posts deleted: 3 - go be stupid on other sites
Posts quoting those posts (and posts quoting those posts quoting those posts) deleted: 11
Update on those numbers: 8, 6, 4, 14.

Can we make the big 4-0 before the article's been up for a day? I do hope not.

I think that's bs honestly.
No its not. It has Much less content than previous games. Players are droping all the time the Only come back for the updates. And besides There is not Much you can do to the cars campared to previous games. Unless you are into sport mode there is not Much to do. And problem with sport mode is that not more than 20% will use it. The other part of the game dosent have enough content to keep players Busy to playing every day. In previous games you had Much more stuff you could do. And you could easily play them for every day in at least a couple of years

Last edited:
No its not. It has Much less content than previous games. Players are droping all the time the Only come back for the updates. And besides There is not Much you can do to the cars campared to previous games. Unless you are into sport mode there is not Much to do. And problem with sport mode is that not more than 20% will use it. The other part of the game dosent have enough content to keep players Busy to playing every day. In previous games you had Much more stuff you could do. And you could easily play them for every day in at least a couple of years
What defines as keeping busy? Standard cars?

Wishlist posts deleted/edited: 7 - the Suggestions forum is still a thing, and we can still see what cars you'd like in the game right there
Game X is better posts deleted: 5 - we have other forums for those games, feel free to use them
Generally stupid posts deleted: 3 - go be stupid on other sites
Posts quoting those posts (and posts quoting those posts quoting those posts) deleted: 11
Update on those numbers: 8, 6, 4, 14.

Can we make the big 4-0 before the article's been up for a day? I do hope NOT.

Sounds like a wishlist post.

The Ferrari is the only car of this batch I'm interested in, assuming the dominant car predictions are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back