Update coming next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol at only coming back for the updates. Gee! these guys must be long time GT addicts who really know how to drive, either this or crap kids with 60 different games on the PS4, none of which they're actually good at?
No that not it. If you are a long time gt fan this is not the gt you wanted. To many features are missing, if you are a new gt player you might not have noticed that. I don’t doubt gt sport success in some parts of the game. I don’t think the game had enough career mode cars or tracks yet to be playing it every day. And you don’t have to own 60 ps4 games to think that.
People get bored of the game. There is not close to as Much players now as they where 1 year ago.
For sport mode players this game is pretty Much perfect. But if you are not into that like i am not. Rest of the game is still lacking a bit, its Much better still than it was at launch. But some parts can’t be fixed even with updates i have fate that the next game will bring some of those Amazing features back. But after adding all those road cars is a good sign that next title could be gt7.and its a good thing

Everybody forgets the C6 Corvette Race Car and first gen Audi R8 LMS still trapped in GT6. The only cars from Quick Match that didn’t make it. They built the foundations of Sport Mode but didn’t get to witness the fruit of their labour.

You could probably also technically put the Corvette C7.R (GTE or GT3) since the one in-game isn't accurate to either model.

I think cars with incredibly similar real-world variants are kind of redundant at this point. With the Gr.3 versions of the Corvette and NSX we honesty don’t need the real life models aside from aesthetics because they fill the exact same purpose and would honestly just feel like duplicates.

Same goes for Evo kits of existing cars in the game. They honestly don’t add enough to a model to make it a worthy addition. They’ll also get BoP’d anyways which negates any advantage an Evo kit would bring to the table in the first place.

We didn’t need two model years of the RC-F GT3 and we don’t need two model years of the GT-R either. It would be better to bring entirely new models into the equation like the 488, 720s etc. and cars that are compatible from GT6 that haven’t yet returned like the 2012 R8.

We got a concept GT3 RC F AND the customer RC F. Players are still driving around in old Vantage GT3s and 458s.

I wouldn't expect the Evo AMG GT GT3. However, the new 718 GT4, 570S GT4, Vantage GT4 make sense to upgrade.

Real Circuit tours need an update. My vote is still for Gr.4 endurance races.
Gr.3 gt league hasn't been updated at all
So weird considering it is a category that is raced so much
Honest question, why is this important for you? If you want to race Gr. 4 endurance races, you can just make a custom race any length you want and you can also remove the rubberbanding if you don't like it.
Imo, GT league doesn't need more events, it needs championships and the option to remove boost.
After the above additions - I’m assuming there wouldn’t be a consensus of what should come next.
Not repeating the Gr. 3 cars missing in my opinion, but I think TCR would be welcomed by many race car favouring players.

Also, Gr. 1 is pretty much useless at this point for people preferring cockpit view and real life cars. Group C is the only real option then, but that only works on certain tracks.
Gr.1 needs the biggest shakeup.

There's at least 4 groups needed:

Gr.1 VGT

Gr.1 LMP-H

Gr.1 2000 LMP (eg. Peugeot 908)

Gr.1 Gr.C

Gr.1 WEC Hypercars (this is coming right?)

Just like how Gr.2 also needs an age category.

Gr.X has its issues. Why is the Zonda R, P1 GTR and the Tesla Model S and BMW i3 mixed in with all the classics.

What are we to make of the Gordini????
New groups wouldn't be necessary if there were more custom options. You could create any group you like then.
I had some Group C lobby racing for example. That only works by explaining "only Group C cars" in the title, reminding people to choose those cars only during warm-up und then manually kicking all players that still don't get it. In custom racing against AI, not even this method is available.

Gr. X would be awesome all of a sudden if you could pick the cars you want in the race.

Honest question, why is this important for you? If you want to race Gr. 4 endurance races, you can just make a custom race any length you want and you can also remove the rubberbanding if you don't like it.
Imo, GT league doesn't need more events, it needs championships and the option to remove boost.

Not repeating the Gr. 3 cars missing in my opinion, but I think TCR would be welcomed by many race car favouring players.

Also, Gr. 1 is pretty much useless at this point for people preferring cockpit view and real life cars. Group C is the only real option then, but that only works on certain tracks.

New groups wouldn't be necessary if there were more custom options. You could create any group you like then.
I had some Group C lobby racing for example. That only works by explaining "only Group C cars" in the title, reminding people to choose those cars only during warm-up und then manually kicking all players that still don't get it. In custom racing against AI, not even this method is available.

Gr. X would be awesome all of a sudden if you could pick the cars you want in the race.
Since PD do not appear to be making Custom Championships, at least offer the same Endurance choices as the other major GT Sport series.

Gr.4(GT4) as we know in real life, is a feeder series to GT3. It's the same conceptmade for gentleman racers for low cost racing. It appeals to the amateur no doubt. Just because it is in GT Sport as Beginner GT League events, doesn't mean it should be relegated to that tier only.

I have been doing Gr.4 events since I got the game. That then doesn't mean I'd like to see what PD come up with. Maybe PD make those events real multi-class like the Gr.2 races. Instead of me being the only car in my class versus GR.3 cars.

It's an option.

I didin’t take My time to guess the cars.
1 its Ferrari 365 gtb everyone know that already.
2 i am not sure here but i agree with most people here that is the Corvette c2 racing concepts.
3 camaro zl1 1le to a 99% best car of the pack easily for me
4 dodge superbee

images (44).jpeg

Gr.X has its issues. Why is the Zonda R, P1 GTR and the Tesla Model S and BMW i3 mixed in with all the classics.

The Gordini was a one make race car in the real life, sadly it's no races for it in the GT League, but can only be used in custom race, just like the Zonda R and the P1 GTR.

The BMW i3 and the Tesla can be used in some N400 and N500 races GT League.

Gr. X is a bit confusing, I found out about the BMW i3 and the Tesla just by coincident.

Gr. C should be it's own group in my opinion, we have 3-4 or 5 Group C cars now and that should be enough, filled with some slower Gr. 1 cars, just like Gr. 2.

I would like to see races for the Zonda R and the P1 GTR, maybe together with BOP in GT League?

Last edited:
The Gordini was a one make race car in the real life, sadly it's no races for it in the GT League, but can only be used in custom race, just like the Zonda R and the P1 GTR.

Gr. X is a bit confusing, I found out about the BMW i3 and the Tesla just by coincident.

Gr. C should be it's own group in my opinion, we have 3-4 or 5 Group C cars now and that should be enough, filled with some slower Gr. 1 cars, just like Gr. 2.

I would like to see races for the Zonda R and the P1 GTR, maybe together with BOP in GT League?
Despite being a Group X car, the Gordini can be used in the Compétition de France series.
It won't get a handicap bonus, but it is good fun!

Along with:

ATS-V.R
911 GT3
McLaren 720S
Updated Nissan GT-R NISMO
Agreed - also

Bentley GT3

911 GT3 cup car OR Supercup Car

Audi R8 GT4
KTM Xbow GT4
New V8 Vantage GT4
A GT 4 Camaro

Not a lot of cars to ask for, and there is the problem: Those could have been added slowly over time.

Especially considering that many of them have road going variants already in the game.

But no, the probably is that we are whiners any time its brought up after we learn what the new content is.

Despite being a Group X car, the Gordini can be used in the Compétition de France series.
Cool! I didn't know that, I got in a Daily Workout Gift, going to try it out in that series :) 👍.

My crystal ball says Tuesday 24th september between 4am and 6am GMT.
Which would be exactly same part of the monthly cycle as last time (last Tuesday of the month).

Bringing back my guesses (and slightly updating them) from a previous thread which is now locked:

I'm surprised we don't have the maintenance notice yet, especially if the update does come on 24th. I guess we'll know for sure by about 7am GMT tomorrow, as the online save warning should start to appear at T minus 23 hours.

It seems my crystal ball needs some polish...! But I did think Tuesday was looking doubtful when we didn't get the maintenance notice.

Gr.1 needs the biggest shakeup.

There's at least 4 groups needed:

Gr.1 VGT

Gr.1 LMP-H

Gr.1 2000 LMP (eg. Peugeot 908)

Gr.1 Gr.C

Gr.1 WEC Hypercars (this is coming right?)

Just like how Gr.2 also needs an age category.

I agree that the Gordini is good fun in the Competition de France races.

Also, you CAN use it in the Professional Nostalgia event. Which is a bit bizarre, and you won't win obviously, but you can tune it to the max and sneak up a few places in certain races (it'll beat the Sambabus and Beetle at Goodwood!)

PS ^^ see avatar... that was in the classic part of the car park at Goodwood Revival. Kept in lovely condition by the owner 👍:drool:

20190913_113833.jpg

It seems my crystal ball needs some polish...! But I did think Tuesday was looking doubtful when we didn't get the maintenance notice.

I agree that the Gordini is good fun in the Competition de France races.

Also, you CAN use it in the Professional Nostalgia event. Which is a bit bizarre, and you won't win obviously, but you can tune it to the max and sneak up a few places in certain races (it'll beat the Sambabus and Beetle at Goodwood!)

PS ^^ see avatar... that was in the classic part of the car park at Goodwood Revival. Kept in lovely condition by the owner 👍:drool:

View attachment 852929
What a beautiful car! I've yet to see a Renault 8 in person.

Last edited:

Zonda R, P1GTR, and RS01 all need a race together. It’d be interesting to see if the RS01 can keep up with those two. I think those three are the remaining vehicles with zero use in GT League.

I wonder if the Camaro is a N500/N600 ZL1 car or a Gr. 4 car like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

For me, it's yes please to them both :), it can be the 3rd version which is the Track Packgage ZL11LE, I will be happy with that as well.

The ZL1 1LE makes about 650bhp / 659PS so it just ends up in N700, alongside its American brothers-in-arms, the Charger Hellcat and Chris Holstrom Chevy Nova, as well as some supercars like the Enzo, Aventador LP700, 650S and Huayra.

No that not it. If you are a long time gt fan this is not the gt you wanted. To many features are missing, if you are a new gt player you might not have noticed that. I don’t doubt gt sport success in some parts of the game. I don’t think the game had enough career mode cars or tracks yet to be playing it every day. And you don’t have to own 60 ps4 games to think that.
People get bored of the game. There is not close to as Much players now as they where 1 year ago.
For sport mode players this game is pretty Much perfect. But if you are not into that like i am not. Rest of the game is still lacking a bit, its Much better still than it was at launch. But some parts can’t be fixed even with updates i have fate that the next game will bring some of those Amazing features back. But after adding all those road cars is a good sign that next title could be gt7.and its a good thing
I guess you don't tune, don't lap and don't drift. Otherwise there would be no getting bored once you have a few good cars and a few good tracks. Of course the more the better.

I wounder what day we will get the update and if we get a track this time. Can’t Wait for zl1 The updates was fridays the first months we got the first dlcs.
Now its a bit mixed and can happen just Any day but my guess is on sep 25 or 26. Fridays is mostly the day i go into the updates becouse of work.

I guess you don't tune, don't lap and don't drift. Otherwise there would be no getting bored once you have a few good cars and a few good tracks. Of course the more the better.
I tune plenty of cars, and its a shame its very limited in this game campared to previous games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back