12th Annual Dubai 24H | Congrats to the Winners!Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 84 comments
It's hard to get any sense of speed or excitement when it's at night. Doesn't help that I can't immediately tell what part of the track they're at, unlike Spa or La Sarthe.

Just watched a full onboard lap and there are less lights than in Project Cars. I thought it would be more lit up like that. Night time is hardest for late apex turns because the lights aren't pointing exactly where you need them to.

Makes me think... usually technology comes from the race car to the road car, but road cars already have headlights that move with the steering wheel to light where you're going, not what's straight ahead. Why can't race cars have this too? Seems simple enough and probably doesn't add that much weight.

Last edited:
I'm surprised by the lack of Ferrari's in this years race.

Edit: Figures, just as the #123 was taking a penalty and they were talking about it, my internet connection was cut off. Think they are working on something around here. :rolleyes:

Edit 2: About 16 laps behind. Going to need a miracle I think. Jann is out there running laps faster than everyone but the top two cars in class. Hopefully there are some issues with other cars in the early morning hours. UPDATE: just as I say that the leader in SP3 just went to the garage.

Last edited:
Makes me think... usually technology comes from the race car to the road car, but road cars already have headlights that move with the steering wheel to light where you're going, not what's straight ahead. Why can't race cars have this too? Seems simple enough and probably doesn't add that much weight.
They rely on little motors or other mechanisms which will most certainly burn out or get stuck from running non-stop, and having to stop to try and fix them or get the headlights locked back in a forward position would be needlessly time-consuming. Plus the added danger of something like trying to go around a left-hand corner when your lights are stuck pointing completely in the opposite direction.

I dont know about European, Japanese or American cars as I don't drive them, but Australian cars have such magnificent headlight width spread there's no need for them to rotate, judging by how much better tea light candles are compared to the headlights in my Volvo and Hino trucks we use at work, I'm guessing the rest of the world hasn't thought of this?

@Andil is behind the wheel of that certain Clio now.
That's awesome I love when people here are real racers or make it that far.

I never watch this stuff but it's the first new racing in awhile so there's that. It's kind of hard to follow a series that only does long races (hard to watch) and less than 10 races each a month apart.

It looks like the GTAcademy Nissan startes 2nd in class. Why is it now so low? What happened?
Damper failure about 3 hours in. Then a penalty for something (contact I think) just after dark. They have made up a lot of time, and aren't finished yet. Though we'll be lucky to get a top 5.

Now 2 laps behind P8, but running 4+ seconds faster than them per lap.

Latest Posts

Back