2021 Formula 1 Calendar threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 364 comments
I'll be interested to see what replaces it. F1 are adamant they will run a 23 race season so I expect to see some sort of replacement. Likely a double header in Abu Dhabi.

i bet Brazil, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi are thrilled they had to change their dates to accommodate Australia...

Let's just assume that none of those events take place - what's going to happen then?
For Japan they could probably do a double header at Turkey. For Mexico and Brazil.... that will be tough because it might not be feasible to do anything but stay in the United States as Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi are almost a month later. Maybe run a double header at COTA and TRY to get something at Indy?

Let's just assume that none of those events take place - what's going to happen then?
pedal trike race around the car park. They've already got an order of the model with the halo.

p-57656-SuperCoupe-MainImage.jpg

Looks like an Austin double header is on, the F1 Experiences website has added an entry for a Texas GP the week before US GP.

Last edited:
Looks like an Austin double header is on, the F1 Experiences website has added an entry for a Texas GP the week before US GP.
Any US members interested in attending, reserve your hotels now before it becomes official. They haven't adjusted their pricing yet.

Last edited:
There was still a bit of uncertainty about this, but now Zandvoort has been given the green light, and will allow spectators up to 2/3 capacity

I hope my tickets stay valid and we're not part of the 1/3 that get ****ed out of the tickets.

After the successful running of the Tokyo Olympics, I think it's fair to say that the Japanese GP will go ahead as planned.

Other Region, not comparable and still 2 month away. Since you're in Melbourne you know how quick the situation can change. Good thing, the Super GT race which was postponed in May will take place next weekend at Suzuka. But there are still 7 weeks until F1. I don't really believe in Suzuka, Sao Paulo and Mexico and assuming a second Bahrain race or even Mugello if there are quick decisions. But I guess everything from Octobre on - excluding the VAE races - is in danger during fall. And USA is on the rising cases now again and could also be canceled. If it will take place there would be even a chance for 2 races in Austin I guess.

The next domino of the late-season cancellations begins. Japan is gone.

Sao Paulo seems sure it can host the race, but they have asked for a date change back a week to coincide with a public holiday on the following Monday.

Question is if they will look to find a replacement... Shanghai, another go on the Sakhir outer loop? That said, the Turkish GP is the week preceding what should have been the race in Suzuku, so maybe another chilly trip to the Nurburgring?

Go to Indianapolis and back-to-back it with COTA. Unless they look at the COVID numbers in the US and decide that's a mistake too.

Was it a random un-draw, or specific areas/stands? Either way, that blows...

I have no idea how they decided it, I just got an email that I'm not going this year, but I can either get my money back or keep them for 2022.

I have no idea how they decided it, I just got an email that I'm not going this year, but I can either get my money back or keep them for 2022.
Being able to keep them for 2022 isn't the worst deal you could have got from them. That what you're gonna do or you feeling like taking the money and deciding closer to the time?

I'm keeping them, seeing how fast the tickets went last time we were able to buy them.

The Sunday tickets were gone in something like an hour.

Go to Indianapolis and back-to-back it with COTA. Unless they look at the COVID numbers in the US and decide that's a mistake too.
It looks like whilst Texas governors don't GAF about COVID they might not be able to race in COTA depending on hospital ICU availability. Under the regs a number need to be available within a certain distance for obvious reasons and if they're looking likely to be all taken then no COTA races.

Moto GP is in doubt for the same reason, I understand.

Back