2016 Chevrolet IndyCar
JDC_3237-A.jpg

2016 Honda IndyCar
JDC_3552-A.jpg

2018 Chevrolet and Honda IndyCars
16C_3909-1.jpg

Verizon IndyCar Series Fantasy Challenge driven by Firestone

Last edited:
Thread title and schedule updated for the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series. I will update the TV schedule once IndyCar makes the announcement.
Congratulations to Simon Pagenaud, our 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series Champion! Onto 2017! :gtpflag:
ABC is broadcasting the Indy races, both Bell Isle events, and St. Pete. The rest are NBCSN. The broadcasting contract doesn't have any possibility of changing until 2018.

But we also don't know what time the races start. So, until IndyCar announces next year's TV schedule, I can't update it here.

Hate it for Montoya but I'm also glad for Newgarden.

Guarantee he'll get a ride faster then Marco will though and it won't be in the passenger seat of a ride service ;)

Newgarden at Penske, very good! :D Bet Montoya will head to ECM and TK will go to Foyt. Rossi will probably stay at Andretti. I bet Marco will either go to Dale Coyne, that or head to sportscars.

I read somewhere probably racer.com that Marco is already confirmed for at least next year if not two at Andretti.

Maybe it's because I'm dumb and know nothing, but why would Marco leave the family team?

Because a change of scenery can be good to rejuvenate a career or get a new perspective on things. Something needs to change, I think this has been Marco's worst season in his career. I think people kind of hope for something similar to happen to Marco to what has happened to Graham Rahal, where he was having some pretty bad seasons and he changed teams, then came back to RLL and didn't have his father on the radio which seemed to help a lot (At least that's how I remember it).

I do think though this season has shown Marco grow in character as he has been shouldering a lot of the blame for being off the pace.

Because a change of scenery can be good to rejuvenate a career or get a new perspective on things. Something needs to change, I think this has been Marco's worst season in his career. I think people kind of hope for something similar to happen to Marco to what has happened to Graham Rahal, where he was having some pretty bad seasons and he changed teams, then came back to RLL and didn't have his father on the radio which seemed to help a lot (At least that's how I remember it).

I do think though this season has shown Marco grow in character as he has been shouldering a lot of the blame for being off the pace.

If Connor Daly returns to IndyCar next season I expect him to get his first win before Marco gets his next win,

Thread title and schedule updated for the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series. I will update the TV schedule once IndyCar makes the announcement.
Congratulations to Simon Pagenaud, our 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series Champion! Onto 2017! :gtpflag:
New thread created. Having a thread started in 2006 for the 2017 season is a silly idea.

Hopefully TBA finally gets to start a race next year. He's come so close so many times... :D

Seconded. If he could just race, we'd see how good he really is.

And as far as the 2017 schedule, I'm no fancy TV executive or something, but I'd like to see at least one or two races on NBC during the summer (They can't air races during the spring due to NHL hockey) Preferably two or three of Long Beach/Texas/Watkins Glen/Sonoma. Anyone here remember when ABC aired an IndyCar race in prime time in 2009? That would be pretty cool to try again IMO.

And as far as the 2017 schedule, I'm no fancy TV executive or something, but I'd like to see at least one or two races on NBC during the summer (They can't air races during the spring due to NHL hockey) Preferably two or three of Long Beach/Texas/Watkins Glen/Sonoma. Anyone here remember when ABC aired an IndyCar race in prime time in 2009? That would be pretty cool to try again IMO.

Thing is, ABC has the exclusive rights to network TV broadcasting under the current contract.

Latest Posts

Back