Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,762 comments
Is there a way to know how you have to name the DDS file of the skin you are making? Sometimes it is "body" but often it has completely different names. I know you can look at other skins of the car for reference but what if there are no other skins?

just open the CM showroom, click on a part which you are certain of being modified by the skin.dds, body.dds or whaever it is called, and look at the txDiffuse's name. that's in almost every case the name of the .dds file which modifies the car's look. But be careful, on some mods you thre are other textures above it (like the numberplates on the M6 GT3 and so on), so pay attention where you click ;)

Thx for this, but visually I wasn´t happy with this version, nor @Fanapryde was. It´s a lot to contrasted. So I started tweaking again, now this new version. :(
Thanks @Fanapryde for beeing a so patienced beta tester and helping improve this track. :)

But first take a look before:
paul_ricard_2019_before.jpg

and tweaked:
paul_ricard_2019_tweaked.jpg

What I´ve done:
  • added new vao-patches
  • ballons (only 4, not these huuuge amount of them at club_practise by default), Copters or blimbs are left for Mascot. ;)
  • removed the Logitech banner
  • darkened a little bit here and brightened a little bit there in config, so imho it should overall looks better. :)
  • added new and modified sections.ini´s from @Fanapryde (thx)
  • modified geo tags and location (it´s located in "Le Castellet" not "Castellet")
Where files where modified I tried to backup original one in an extra _orig file. So all could be easily reverted. Or easier of course, make a backup first or just redownload quoted fixed track file. ;)
Feedback is welcomed. :)

Hope you enjoy this. :cheers:

#config, #fix, #tweak, #vao-patch, #paul ricard 2019

Attachments

• paul_ricard_2019-tweaked.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 231
Last edited:
I have a problem with the windscreen on the GT300 subaru too, with more resent shaders patch install I can't see other cars through the windsceen only the shdows they create, but I can see them in the mirrors or in 3rd person view.

Have to agree @delpinsky , the racelogic isn't working. I think the font installation requires a .png and a .txt. Switching the font in the digital_instruments works, ( but of course all the positionning is to be done again ^^ )

For a quick fix, copy the arial.txt and rename it arial_hd.txt (name of the bentley v1.1b font)
Now my racelogic works.

edit : BTW you're right an AC font needs a png and a txt files.

Last edited:
Do any of you have .PNG files of Gran Turismo race events (like ‘Like the Wind’, ‘Sunday Cup’ and such) at all?

I’m making my own Japanese Championship and can’t find the old school images

Cheers in advance! :gtpflag:

Bentley Continental GT3 updated by Assettoland

View attachment 827194
View attachment 827195

VISUAL UPDATE by delpinsky

Fix V1.2

— added missing arial_hd.txt in fonts folder
— added endurance lights (thanks to M4MasterKey)

Fix V1.1b

— fixed rim blur
— added chrome effect to the headlights bulbs

Fix V1.1

— new LCD (thanks to Maki123)
— new skins (thanks to enkay74)
— new steering animation
— added seatbelts ON/OFF
— fixed some glasses transparency
— fixed some trasparencies inside the car
— added tyres lock leds, RPM leds and RPM bar to the LCD
— fixed windows external glass
— foxed rear lights
— added back sides and rear window internal glass
— added safety net
— added Racelogic VBOX OLED Display***

*DELETE bentley_continental_gt3.ini in assettocorsa/extension/config/cars/mods/

**COPY fonts folder into assettocorsa/content/

***RACELOGIC VBOX can display every info you want, if you open digital_instruments.ini and change the TYPE line.
I added PERF as default, to display the performance delta. In alternative you could use LAPTIME to display the current laptime as in ACC.

[ITEM_9]
PARENT=RACELOGIC
POSITION=-0.035, -0.049, -0.005
TYPE=PERF ;LAPTIME

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix V1.0

— added DAMAGE GLASS
— created wiper animation
— created lit up numbers
— created lumirank led
— created new LODs
— created numbers on the front grill (Blancpain cars)
— created F6 cameras
— created lights, extralights, configuration ini file*

Enjoy! :D
Download + Mirror
upload_2019-6-25_21-21-16.png

Fix V1.2

— added missing arial_hd.txt in fonts folder
— added endurance lights (thanks to M4MasterKey)

Now Racelogic display should work for everyone!

For a quick fix, copy the arial.txt and rename it arial_hd.txt (name of the bentley v1.1b font)
Now my racelogic works.

edit : BTW you're right an AC font needs a png and a txt files.

Thanks for the tip. That just pumped life into the RaceLogic ! :cheers:

Edit: just in time to see the update appear... :D

Thank you for this outstanding work, this cars looks great. I have a small ask as it pertain to the cockpit, the tubes connecting to the 2 air vent behind the steering wheel, why are they coloured like they are? in all the inboard I have seen they are never coloured that way, neither is it in the ACC cockpit, if it is not too much trouble it would be nice if this could be corrected
on this one at 1:33,
or on this one

AF168613C1A300BF31D688AD1EDE41B12D0934A1

Last edited:
Thank you for this outstanding work, this cars looks great. I have a small ask as it pertain to the cockpit, the tubes connecting to the 2 air vent behind the steering wheel, why are they coloured like they are? in all the inboard I have seen they are never coloured that way, neither is it in the ACC cockpit, if it is not too much trouble it would be nice if this could be corrected
on this one at 1:33,
or on this one

upload_2019-6-25_23-15-41.png

Better?
if you like it, you can place the attached .dds file into every skin folder.

Attachments

• tubes_darker_color.zip
    89.7 KB · Views: 40
I have a problem with the windscreen on the GT300 subaru too, with more resent shaders patch install I can't see other cars through the windsceen only the shdows they create, but I can see them in the mirrors or in 3rd person view.
I have updated it. Now Legacy GT300 '09-10 and road car B4 BM version don't have problems with shaders, can try.

Also a little update of SARD. Added #3 livery from 1995 year and #46 1996 year, who managed to finish the race. Also it has 5 gear , instead of 6, and lower weight

Original 3d models are from GTR2
PhpWkyTyij4.jpg

I have updated it. Now Legacy GT300 '09-10 and road car B4 BM version don't have problems with shaders, can try.

Also a little update of SARD. Added #3 livery from 1995 year and #46 1996 year, who managed to finish the race. Also it has 5 gear , instead of 6, and lower weight

Original 3d models are from GTR2
PhpWkyTyij4.jpg
Awesome! Keep it up:cheers: Love your work:bowdown:

EDIT: what are the beautiful machines in the background?:drool:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back