Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
One of my biggest win-win for me on AC to be honest, 7 class 1 DTMS. the 3 legions, the Evo, TJ's and Sim:ill: honestly though. all 7 of them actually compete with each other even without BoP. If you play around with the AI app you can make them be really really close. which is what I did with legions
upload_2020-6-16_18-29-31.png

Heres a .kn5 of willow with a Normal Map on the ground texture

just drop it into the main big willow directory, and launch the track, it wont work for the 'real' variation. You can give it a try and let me know what you thing.

For those that don't have to time or bandwidth to download etc, here is a YouTube video of it in 'action'

Should we go with something like this?

this is the Normal map I used made.

View attachment 930982

View attachment 930984

View attachment 930983

This looks pretty good. It's one of those subtle things that adds to the realism. With improved grassfx, it should look really good.

To be extremely nitpicky, the green barriers could use some work to rough them up and add some subtle variation. Maybe some better textures and normal maps. When you get close to them, they lack any detail, so much so, you can loose depth perception, or judge how close you are to them. Another subtle thing, but if you look closely at the latest release of Tsukuba, there's a lot of subtle details that, cumulatively, greatly increase the realism and environmental feel of the track.

Little details add a lot of work, but in the end, everything comes together to make the track even more realistic. It's the difference between a "cartooney" and a "realistic" looking track.

Sol1.6 alpha 7 test. Great work @Peter Boese !

Heavy thunderstorm in cockpit view works and looks (and sounds) very good. Is it correct - and maybe often discussed? - that in replay mode the rain disappears? see the second video. Also like @Fall Guy already mentioned the wet spray is gone (yep also new smoke disabled in ParticlesFX

Test video of heavy thunderstorm cockpit view. The wind and speed effect of the rain on the windscreen is animated very good.
The lightning and thunder sound pop up more often now.

Video of replay external replay cam. Still looks amazing but the rain is gone which sounds as intended because external cam has no windscreen rain animation. Correct?

hi, i installed sol 1.6 alpha 7 i can't see any lightning no thunder can be heard, also on waether fx as seen in the picture in the box there is no sol 1.6 how can i solve? thank you friend for your attention ..
[19:49]

Attachments

• IMG_20200616_192725.jpg
    IMG_20200616_192725.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 28
hi, i installed sol 1.6 alpha 7 i can't see any lightning no thunder can be heard, also on waether fx as seen in the picture in the box there is no sol 1.6 how can i solve? thank you friend for your attention ..
[19:49]
Did you first completely uninstall the previous SOL version? Then a clean install 1.6 alpha 7?

In my weatherFX the controller script is also 1.5.1 the weather is 1.6
upload_2020-6-16_20-10-29.png

upload_2020-6-16_20-10-48.png

Thanks, great work and enjoying your track so far. One small request, can the AI be improved? I noticed the AI is still getting crashing into each other a lot in Turn 4. Also, I find the AI even at 99% are quite a bit slower and I am not exactly the fastest driver around. If those can be fix along with your new additional that would be awesome.

This is NOT my track! I only made some update files here.

AUTHOR: @pk3r72owns https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv36i0UXIM2P0S6ZgY5BZ-A/videos

bgr00.jpg

Autodromo Internacional Velopark - Version 1.0 reworked by VheEth

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: thestrobe8

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New curb, trees, sponsor boards, people and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/km595fug54h0exr/vhe_velopark_1.0.rar/file

Enhancements to Tokyo Route 246
Original GTR2 conversion by stikazzi, converted to Assetto Corsa by ACF.
Fixes by Teddie: skybox, buildings, mountains, building dome.
New for this v0.97 version:
Fixes by Slider: Track lights, Grass FX and water configs.
Fixes/additions by Mascot: corrected geotags/location; new tree/grass textures; manga billboards hidden/reskinned with GT/R246 branding (note: some large billboards are hiding holes in the building facades, and one is partially hiding a fugly building in the park); added GT/R246 balloons, blimp, dynamic choppers, airliner; retextured gantries and pit buildings with GT/R246 branding; many additional texture/nm tweaks around the track; bad floating cars removed; bad searchlight beams removed; reverse route fences reinstalled. Track audio still buggy, awaiting CSP update. Thanks to Norms for dynamic chopper skin help.
This track isn't particularly accurate and has many fundamental issues but it's still a lot of fun, and these tweaks have hopefully inspired somebody to make a scratch-built Tokyo R246 that's a lot more respectful to the source material. Thanks to Polyphony Digital for their awesome fictional track designs.
Configs are now in an 'extension' folder so delete external R246 configs if you have them. You will need the Custom Shader Patch to get the best from this track.

Screenshot_ks_mazda_miata_acf_tokyo246_12-6-120-10-4-34.jpg Screenshot_bacmono_acf_tokyo246_16-6-120-9-20-44.jpg Screenshot_bacmono_acf_tokyo246_16-6-120-9-21-58.jpg Screenshot_bacmono_acf_tokyo246_16-6-120-9-22-48.jpg Screenshot_bacmono_acf_tokyo246_16-6-120-9-23-26.jpg Screenshot_bacmono_acf_tokyo246_16-6-120-9-24-25.jpg Screenshot_bacmono_acf_tokyo246_16-6-120-9-25-49.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qd831nzlhtwecag/acf_tokyo246.7z/file

The previous version that many people were using was the one reuploaded to Sharemods by Pitsch, which had all the reverse route fences and barriers missing. I've reinstated them here from ACF's source files. If anyone needed a reason why unnecessary reuploading is a Very Bad Thing when the original links still work... this is it.

If anyone wants to improve this track further then please go ahead. This is really trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but the track is now a lot better than it was at launch.

Last edited:
The previous version that many people were using was the one reuploaded to Sharemods by Pitsch, which had all the reverse route fences and barriers missing. I've reinstated them here from ACF's source files. If anyone needed a reason why unnecessary reuploading is a Very Bad Thing when the original links still work... this is it.

If anyone wants to improve this track further then please go ahead. This is really trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but the track is now a lot better than it was at launch.

Funny you say that, my reason for not providing links to tracks to do cameras for on RD are that very reason.

Someone left a 1 star review because i didn't give a link to Pembrey.
Look the 1 star i couldn't care less, but anyway he wasn't happy, but we sorted it out in the end.

Thing is in all of this he reported me to RD and they PM'd me saying that I should not be doing cameras for ripped tracks and gave me a warning!

Funny you say that, my reason for not providing links to tracks to do cameras for on RD are that very reason.

Someone left a 1 star review because i didn't give a link to Pembrey.
Look the 1 star i couldn't care less, but anyway he wasn't happy, but we sorted it out in the end.

Thing is in all of this he reported me to RD and they PM'd me saying that I should not be doing cameras for ripped tracks and gave me a warning!
It's a constant source of bemusement to me, how some people are more interested in playing the plastic policeman and reporting uploads rather than just playing or ignoring them.
RD seem to be cracking down on any mods for ripped content now. They'd need to delete most of their resources if that's the route they really want to go.

R246 could use some camera magic if you're interested Safi..?

This looks pretty good. It's one of those subtle things that adds to the realism. With improved grassfx, it should look really good.

To be extremely nitpicky, the green barriers could use some work to rough them up and add some subtle variation. Maybe some better textures and normal maps. When you get close to them, they lack any detail, so much so, you can loose depth perception, or judge how close you are to them. Another subtle thing, but if you look closely at the latest release of Tsukuba, there's a lot of subtle details that, cumulatively, greatly increase the realism and environmental feel of the track.

Little details add a lot of work, but in the end, everything comes together to make the track even more realistic. It's the difference between a "cartooney" and a "realistic" looking track.
i have made a texture for the green barrier on RD

@Masscott Mega link for your Tokyo reworks. I delete things every now and again but I'll try and keep this in the list for ever. (add this to your post and I'll remove it from here later)
https://mega.nz/file/mLxTGKaa#KjquJxuLuSnz5ThLJNje4TAzb711hHlx1qCmmxEJ0Gs

Nice one for doing all the little things to try and make this one better - I don't know the original very well but this is good fun to drive on.

View attachment 931002

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- Added the VAO file

Thanks for this, another gem!

View attachment 931002

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Added the VAO file

Thanks! I believe this conversion is from Game Stock Car, not Automobilista. It is the old track layout.

View attachment 931002

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Added the VAO file

Well hello....

Have fun.

Attachments

• vhe_velopark_cam.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 55
Circuit Ricardo Tormo (Valencia/Spain)
Mediafire Link
: https://www.mediafire.com/file/yw20vvcvk9ss81c/valenciart.rar

I searched this track (I appreciated it a lot on Race 07) via the "search box" of this forum, It costs nothing but some (little) time..!
I wrote it like a wink for some lazy people here. ;)

By the way, the track is excellent It's a great work on it. 👍

:cheers:
What version?
The Ricardo Tormo is one of the most important MotoGP tracks, I don't believe we have Valencia road by Tilke and don't have any cameras and ai or VAO in RT.

Searching for:

Falkenberg, Sweden
Karlskoga, Sweden
Mantorp Park, Sweden
Sturup Raceway, Sweden
Våler, Norway
Porto, Portugal
Puebla, Mexico
Vara Raceway, Sweden

Last edited:
What version?
The Ricardo Tormo is one of the most important MotoGP tracks, I don't believe we have Valencia road by Tilke and don't have any cameras and ai or VAO in RT.
Bonsoir, Good Evening, Hi, Ciao, Guten Abend, Buenas Noches, доброго вечора ! :)

This track hasn't been ONLY USED in Moto GP, It has been also used in WTCC (for example) and a VAO is present, excellent replay cameras are present also and the main KN5 as "valenciart" is dated on 03/05/20 (in american/english or 05/03/20 in english/french).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_Ricardo_Tormo

Anyway and as me, You could download the track and make your own opinion. ;)

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back