Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,829 comments
I am loosing my mind over a common problem:

When replacing wheels of a car in 3DSimED 3 (latest version, full license) the new wheels do not project shadows any longer (both in Showroom and in game).

I have already checked material settings (comparing source car wheel materials, mod car old wheels and new wheels) but for the life of me I simply cannot find a solution to this issue.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to fix broken shadow projection when exporting out of 3DSimED ?

Export to .fbx and use ksEditor to set shadows.

Probably comes from RTM since they posted a donation pool for that model on their website which might come from Hum3D since I saw it there.
That channel is one of the collaborators for Alexey which have exclusive partnership with him somehow.

This channel no more collaborate with RTM. Read the video description he made the MODS by himself. The Lambo V12 Gran Turismo is a private mod by F1&Supercars Challenge. Really good channel.. in my opinion the best Assetto Corsa exclusive cars channel in Youtube.

how did F1&Supercars Challenge even get access to this car?! I really want the Lamborghini V12 VGT in assetto corsa...........

He made mods by himself. If you read the video description you'll notice that all the last exclusive mods are created by this channel. Unfortunately are all private mods :banghead:

DomKen has released a 996 pack (Turbo and GT2) a while back.they need some work to make them right.I'm not sure i'm allowed to share them here.

Last edited:
I am loosing my mind over a common problem:
When replacing wheels of a car in 3DSimED 3 (latest version, full license) the new wheels do not project shadows any longer (both in Showroom and in game).
I have already checked material settings (comparing source car wheel materials, mod car old wheels and new wheels) but for the life of me I simply cannot find a solution to this issue.
Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to fix broken shadow projection when exporting out of 3DSimED ?
Sorry, I´m not so the car mechanic in AC but worked a lot on tracks with 3DSimEd and shadows are setuped per object not per material:
upload_2020-6-19_16-11-32.png

You see last block? Shadows... "Visible Caster" must be on. At least you could try that, but I can´t guarantee anything. ;)

Edit: argh, sorry forgot to refresh browser and didn´t saw the answers given before. :(

Last edited:
Guys, here are some of the links the some of the Proto C cars I was missing for my grid last night. Hopefully these will help someone like you guys helped me. I just copied and pasted from my downloads history. I had no idea I could do that. If any of these links should not be posted, please let me know so I can remove them. I've updated the original post as well to prevent dead link requests.

upload_2020-6-19_10-17-1.png

legion_sauber_mercedes_c9.zip
legion_mercedes_c11.zip
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Group C

Nissan_R91CP_1991_v2.3.7z

lancia_lc2_85_new_update.7z
https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/lancia.html

Minolta Toyota 88C-V by Esprit3905 for AC v1.16.3.7z
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/toyota

peugeot_905evo.rar
http://assetto-db.com/car/peugeot_905evo/download

jaguar_xjr9_lm.7z
https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/jaguar.html

Jaguar XJR9 LM by Assettogarage for AC v1.14.4.rar
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/jaguar

Aston Martin AMR1 1989 Le Mans Group C
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1306#post-13142794

Nissan NP35 (Group C) Value Pak
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gmc-p3500-van-nissan-np35-group-c-value-pak.26341/

Hi,
Does anybody knows how to fix that black wall on the background?
2 new quick made grass configs for 2 Jacarepagua tracks, the jacarepagua_br and the jacarepagua_historic tracks:
  • Fixed horizon of jacarepagua_br
  • added new grass fx on both tracks
  • added new water fx on both tracks
  • changed some brightness on different objects
  • spectators should be adjustable per CM/CSP
If I missed something, please give some feedback.
Hope you enjoy. :)
upload_2020-6-19_16-39-59.png

Edit: After many people asking for the tracks to download, tracks can be found here and on yt:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1304#post-13142532

Attachments

• jacarepagua_grass_config_fixes.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Don't know why but sometimes, parameters are not correctly saved. Only workaround so far is to export fbx from 3dsimed then import it to kseditor, fix parameters then export to kn5. edit: setting CastShadow true in your case @menos | M6
If someone has a better solution or a way to make 3dsimed working flawlessly, I'm ready to learn.

edit2: kseditor is not without default, before kn5 export, don't hesitate to save persistence :)

Export to .fbx and use ksEditor to set shadows.

Sorry, I´m not so the car mechanic in AC but worked a lot on tracks with 3DSimEd and shadows are setuped per object not per material:
View attachment 932099
You see last block? Shadows... "Visible Caster" must be on. At least you could try that, but I can´t guarantee anything. ;)

Edit: argh, sorry forgot to refresh browser and didn´t saw the answers given before. :(

Awesome guys, thanks for the superfast help ;-)

I tried the cast shadow tag in 3DSimED before but for some reason this didn't help - will definitely run the KSEditor route.

Currently my internet connection is very much handicapped and I cannot seem to find again the supercharged, improved KsEditor which I believe was available on the old Content Manager website (I think KsEditor v6 or somesuch it was called).

Could anyone who has a full google activated internet connection slip me a link to the updated KsEditor ? Pretty please (I am forced to search with bing and baidu and it is a pain in the proverbials to be honest :-(

@unpierrot, GzeroD and slider666

Here is a little something I just found out methodically testing the shadow tag changes in 3DSimED - you might want to keep this as a little note for later ;-)

- changing shadow tags on a wheel that does not project shadows by:
- selecting WHEEL_LF instance in the object list in 3DSimED (and therefore all of its content)
- changing "Object Shadows" to "Visible Caster"

Result:
on saving either FBX or KN5 none of the changes are retained

- changing shadow tags on a wheel that does not project shadows by:
- selecting EVERY relevant object of the main instance WHEEL_LF in the object list in 3DSimED SEPARATELY instead
- changing "Object Shadows" to "Visible Caster" in every single of these objects separately (tedious work)

Result:
on saving either FBX or KN5 ALL changes are properly retained and the changed objects will now properly project shadows

PROBLEM SOLVED ;-)

Thanks again guys!

Embarrassing confession: When I first started getting into Assetto Corsa, I stumbled across the SimDream site. I plunked down almost $200 for almost all content in their shop. I didn't learn about how SDD did business and that all the content that I bought was already available out there for free by the original authors until months later... Made me feel stupid as hell. :(

[EDIT] Aside from that mistake above, I have happily paid hundreds across RSS, VRC, etc. There are some RSS and VRC mods that I just really love.

Last edited:
A lot of people asks for a lot of mods made without any quality standard whatsoever basically everywhere so I don't think it means anything. His videos are merely replays of cars with bad shaders racing together on a bad looking game so why it has that many subscribers is a mystery to me.

Near 20k subscribers and near 6 million views.. I respect your point of views but I'm not agreed with "bad looking game".. the graphic on this channel It's just amazing (1080p and very good quality). About the mods I'm not an expert so I watch only the car and not the physics ecc etc :)

If look this video the quality is very very good.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    348 bytes · Views: 9
Hi!

You have two places to deal with (both interacts with each other. I mean, if you change in one place it'll update the other, too):

1 - Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch -> Particles FX -> New Smoke and Dust (mine is like below):

View attachment 932097

- Active;
- Deactivated "use culling ti improve performance"
- Extra heating: 300% (this is what makes the smoke really thick, but arcadish)
- Desity decrease with time: 49%

2 - But there is also an option in game, you have to access the SOL Weather App, at the bottom there is a "V" sign. Press it and it will expand the bottom of the window and at the very bottom there are two sets for smoke, where you can slide and choose what best suits you :)

I am not at home right now, this is why I didn't make a screenshot of the Weather app in game, but I'll make as soon as I get home, anyway.

Or... you can see it here, in this video from my channel (it is already in the time where I show the app) - It is in brazilian portuguese but what matters is the image itself:

Cheers! :cheers:

Thank you very much! Didn't know about the "v" in the Weather app. Very valuable info :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back