Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,758 comments
Mini car, or giant racetrack ? :lol:
Giant.jpg

Praying this is good....can't wait to try it.

I still want to do more testing with this new gokart on RD, but I just tried it. It is a 125CC single gear Kart. I do
like the looks of the GoKart.

The thing I see right off the bat with this kart mod is when I try to do any cornering, the Kart is too easy to tip way up on 2 wheels.
I almost have to slow way down to keep the Kart on all 4 wheels. So another words I cant push the Kart very aggressively
around the track.

I raced real single engine gokarts many years ago and they dont behave like this
Gokarts will tip a little bit when going fast into the corners, but not to the point of getting way up on 2 wheels and about to
flip over every time.

Acceleration of the Kart is not all that great either. Plus I dont like racing with the AI yet with this Kart mod. I have to
turn up the difficulty to 100 percent on regular gokart tracks. AI takes them too long to get up to speeds.

I also tried that GTSupreme supercart and it is a fast kart but have to fight it all the time to keep it straight, and the Kart
mod shutters my FF wheel when slowing down or ready to brake in the corners. So it is a hard Kart mod to control.

Just my thoughts on these 2 Kart mods,
Dave

Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR '95

Can't find a good Del Sol this is best I found. Lots can still be improved but I have fixed some bits for now:

Model by unknown - cant find source

- Working Wipers (you will get wet :eek:)
- Internal Glass
- LODs
- AO on skins
- Fixed some holes
- Corrected Power & Weight
- Removed flames
- Improved Collider
- Car is now paintable
- Other small fixes

Mirrors still need looking at, more holes need fixing, etc It is still fun to drive !

I hope you like, enjoy :)

full

https://sharemods.com/nvaozzanbyy5/honda_crx_del_sol.rar.html

@safi hellie @Beezer215

Ok so after numerous goes, I finally managed to get this kart to stop spazzing out as soon as i tried steering

These are my somewhat ok settings in car.ini

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=40.0
STEER_ASSIST=1.0
STEER_LOCK=10
STEER_RATIO=6.0
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0150

Actually this is now quite good fun to throw about and you can kinda drift it into some corners without it spinning like mad

@safi hellie @Beezer215

Ok so after numerous goes, I finally managed to get this kart to stop spazzing out as soon as i tried steering

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=40.0
STEER_ASSIST=1.0
STEER_LOCK=10
STEER_RATIO=6.0

Actually this is now quite good fun to throw about and you can kinda drift it into some corners without it spinning like mad
Cool! I'll try that out. Ready to try it in 5.
Ahhhh, finally able to get back on the rig. Life sucks sometimes and other times good but glad to race again.

Cool! I'll try that out. Ready to try it in 5.
Ahhhh, finally able to get back on the rig. Life sucks sometimes and other times good but glad to race again.

Make sure you switch the TC off but I think it needs a bit more pick up on the low end as it bogs down quite easily. As i always say MORE POWAAAHHHHH :lol:
Top end is fine but bottom end is bad lol.

Nah it's good to try and get back to real life for a while but yeah you need to find some time for sim racing too.

hope you're doing alright tho :D

Original posts updated with new versions of ai for Algarve. the above will work with Zwiss or AC TrackReboot versions. No reason not to use Zwiss' -much better.
DRS zones have been added. They are located in most sensible locations for now, but could be readjusted when we find out exact placement on the real race day.

I have also completely reworked the ai for the other version of the track, below, and also added DRS zones:

In both cases I think I've got a good variety of cars working well, but some cars may need aggression setting reduced to keep it sane. Also thanks @LiquidSkyMan for the help with DRS.

Last edited:
Seems if I start with legions LMP900 cars, there are enough other mods to bundle into some kind of "pack"

hmm

BTW, this is how I am organizing my mods, into era and genre if there are enough and worth the trouble :)

Now this is possible. Niel has done a GRiD pack for AC making scumbois cars free. Some of them in fact raced in LMP900/675, i've got about 6 LMP900s discounting LMGTP
I've got from neil the lola EX257 and the dallara SP1, from legion/Assettogarage or the trash RTM: 333SP, northstar, V12 LMR (velo did an overahaul), LMP-01 evo and the 2002 R8 and along with the R8R. and this includes the VRC R8, speed 8 the LMP-1 Roadster-S (don't have VRC's northstar)

@safi hellie @Beezer215

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=40.0
STEER_ASSIST=1.0
STEER_LOCK=10
STEER_RATIO=6.0

Not a million miles off what i settled on, i put steer lock on 100 though.

I think its the tyres now letting it down.

Anyway i was getting annoyed with it so because i was thinking what some people might be thinking, i.e., it's AC there are no karts in it so what did you expect a mod would drive like with no actual physics modelling to go off.....
I decided to have a go in AMS2's karts.......

Oh dear.... not great either.
So tried kartkraft. Bit better but that whole sim is just horrible.
Going to try the rFactor 2 karts next, i remember they were not too bad.
Then i'll try that PiSo kart again as i did like that too.
Karts are a bit like motorbikes (bare with me here!), you use your body as much as anything to get the kart to rotate and stick to the track etc.
So unlike normal cars its much harder to give you that feeling, I can see why beezer went the route he did with his and that is at least fun to blast around...

Oh well, i think the truth lies somewhere between AC just not being made for kart physics and karts being almost pointless to use in a sim.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pv8s0i6nx6zojp/jacarepagua_br_v01.rar?dl=0

This Malagoli's Jacarepagua has no AI lines. Would anybody be so kind to create them? Of any kind? I could make a crappy fast_lane for my own granny-style driving, but making a pit_lane is beyond me. Would be a useful track otherwise. :)

I noticed there were only 2 pit/start dummies. I went ahead and added 22 pits and starts. Grab it here. It includes all the items from racealot's post. Contributors should add credits to the track_ui json. I added a note that I added the pit/start dummies. Let's see how far we can go with this track :P

[EDIT] link updated with lapping fixed.

I know this is so 200 pages and 2 months ago but...

jacarepagua_br

The fast lane looked pretty good so I just did some side line cleaning, made a new pit lane, and added a VAO patch.

https://mega.nz/file/DlIyUQia#sObOoA0VH2pYCdVWnfqQGEKvc--_HVkTXz9DBv8WUbs

One small detail I noticed is start/finish is not marked correctly on track. There is a checkered line on the pavement, but actual line is slightly behind overhead billboard.

BTW @Teddie (hope you are doing well man), if you have a chance, take a look at the building on the right as you go down the front straight, it's flickering a lot on my install. I don't think that was present in original version of track. And thanks for adding "dummies".

Not a million miles off what i settled on, i put steer lock on 100 though.

I think its the tyres now letting it down.

Anyway i was getting annoyed with it so because i was thinking what some people might be thinking, i.e., it's AC there are no karts in it so what did you expect a mod would drive like with no actual physics modelling to go off.....
I decided to have a go in AMS2's karts.......

Oh dear.... not great either.
So tried kartkraft. Bit better but that whole sim is just horrible.
Going to try the rFactor 2 karts next, i remember they were not too bad.
Then i'll try that PiSo kart again as i did like that too.
Karts are a bit like motorbikes (bare with me here!), you use your body as much as anything to get the kart to rotate and stick to the track etc.
So unlike normal cars its much harder to give you that feeling, I can see why beezer went the route he did with his and that is at least fun to blast around...

Oh well, i think the truth lies somewhere between AC just not being made for kart physics and karts being almost pointless to use in a sim.

Yep, looks like karts are one of those vehicles that are just too hard to replicate in a sim. You make a good point about them being driven as much with your body as with steering inputs, any time I've been karting (not proper race karts tho just those twin engined ones at Lakeside or TeamSport Karting) my bruised and aching body the next day will attest to that lol. But yeah i thin kit's just too hard to get that feeling in sims, I mean just look at how hard motor bike games are to get right.

And yeah so far Beezer's karts are at least the most enjoyable ones. And this one is running a close second - just need a bit more power on the low end now (please @Beezer215 can you throw me a modified power.lut 👍)I'd like to get round Elvedalen in under a minute!

I think we should all just agree that Mario Kart is the best when it comes to karts ;)

One more that waited and waited....... and there it is.

View media item 66816
BMW Z3 M Coupe

Original mod by WKMOD

-Rims changed to the correct from BMW M5
-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed engine sound
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed engine power
-Changed tyres and their size
-Changed position of the tank
-Change gearshifts
-Changed steering settings
-Revised tyre shaders
-Added car description
-Added new mirrors

bmw_z3m.rar - 74.7 MB

Now this is possible. Niel has done a GRiD pack for AC making scumbois cars free. Some of them in fact raced in LMP900/675, i've got about 6 LMP900s discounting LMGTP
I've got from neil the lola EX257 and the dallara SP1, from legion/Assettogarage or the trash RTM: 333SP, northstar, V12 LMR (velo did an overahaul), LMP-01 evo and the 2002 R8 and along with the R8R. and this includes the VRC R8, speed 8 the LMP-1 Roadster-S (don't have VRC's northstar)

I have the same you say, at least the vehicle types (mby not the Dallara)... Ive been driving abd BoP'n them all day.. several duplicates from diff converters.
Will have a nice grid for 1998-2003 in a few days. I am also matching chassis #s to skins from historical records, heh.

Hi where can i find the 'christiaan's ffb' file? Is that the one closed up behind the PCars forum login?

IMO PCars 1 is far better than PCars 2, put loads of hours into that and spent many hours fiddling with all those parameters for FFB etc.
Really loved the rawness and the gritty UK club race feel of the track selection.
PCars 2 was a subtle move towards PCars 3 and it's 'jazz hands'....
I used these files for a long time and they seem very good to me. I personally preferred them to "Christian" ones, because they gave me a more direct, less loose feeling: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...b-new-update-v5-the-definitive-version.23664/

View media item 66816
BMW Z3 M Coupe

Original mod by WKMOD

-Changed track width
-Changed engine sound
-Changed engine power
-Change gearshifts
-Revised tyre shaders
-Added car description
-Added new mirrors

bmw_z3m.rar - 74.7 MB

Great minds think alike ! Touched it some months ago and couldnae be arsed anymore. Made some skins if ya want :

ZoZfkGK.png

Does anyone know how to fix this weird windshield haze effect?

View attachment 949603
This looks like an internal glass shader problem. Front windscreen should always be made from: outher winschield = ksPerPixelReflection and inner one = ksWindscreen. If there is a third layer over the windshield (like a sunblock banner or car number/name), you have to experiment with shaders a bit, cause it depends what material was used. Usually the cars that have this problem have the PerPixel on inner glass, which was used a long time ago and Kunos replaced that shader with ksWindcsreen later on. But a lot older cars, and even new ones that apparently use older cars as copy paste, still have this old shader in there.

If you search this thread there is a workaround called the windshield fix available, where you replace the shader through ini file in CM. I made and posted like 20,30 such fixes for cars.

Here, read this post and also the quoted post inside that post for more info:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1162#post-13106859

Last edited:
Yep, looks like karts are one of those vehicles that are just too hard to replicate in a sim. You make a good point about them being driven as much with your body as with steering inputs, any time I've been karting (not proper race karts tho just those twin engined ones at Lakeside or TeamSport Karting) my bruised and aching body the next day will attest to that lol. But yeah i thin kit's just too hard to get that feeling in sims, I mean just look at how hard motor bike games are to get right.

And yeah so far Beezer's karts are at least the most enjoyable ones. And this one is running a close second - just need a bit more power on the low end now (please @Beezer215 can you throw me a modified power.lut 👍)I'd like to get round Elvedalen in under a minute!

I think we should all just agree that Mario Kart is the best when it comes to karts ;)
Working on it buddy.
And I'm still breathing and haven't **** my pants yet today so that's a plus.
emot-holy.gif

It's the little things.

View media item 66816
BMW Z3 M Coupe

Original mod by WKMOD

-Changed track width
-Changed engine sound
-Changed engine power
-Change gearshifts
-Revised tyre shaders
-Added car description
-Added new mirrors

bmw_z3m.rar - 74.7 MB

Thanks for the clown shoe.:bowdown:

Pagani Zonda F V2 Converted from Real Racing 3

A big thanks to The7thSense for improving this mod this is HIS changelog:
- Corrected ambient shadows.
- Redone some shaders.
- Working mirrors.
- Changed brake discs.
- Glowing brake discs.
- Changed brake calipers.
- Added lights to speedo-needles.

Here is my changelog i combined his update with mine:
-Fixed the upper window not displaying any sort of splashes when raining
-Reworked 3D Carbon textures on the OUTSIDE! please give me feedback on how they look.
-Resized the rear wheels not sure if they look different ingame but they look fine in CM
if somebody knows that the rear wheels in game are not the same to the ones in CM
please inform me or if somebody could fix it go ahead just please PM me that you will update it...
-Gear shifter now works note i couldn't sync it up with the hand shifting animation since i done
it after the hand shifting animation...
Screenshot_ds666_pagani_zonda_f_ks_highlands_15-7-120-21-3-54.jpg

Last edited:
Working on it buddy.
And I'm still breathing and haven't **** my pants yet today so that's a plus.
emot-holy.gif

It's the little things.

I'd be worried if you'd written those the other way round :lol:

Hold on, I just realised you said you hadn't *** your pants YET today. Hopefully you're not too far from the bathroom then.

This looks like an internal glass shader problem. Front windscreen should always be made from: outher winschield = ksPerPixelReflection and inner one = ksWindscreen. If there is a third layer over the windshield (like a sunblock banner or car number/name), you have to experiment with shaders a bit, cause it depends what material was used. Usually the cars that have this problem have the PerPixelMap on inner glass, which was used a long time ago and Kunos replaced that shader with ksWindcsreen later on. But a lot older cars, and even new ones that apparently use older cars as copy paste, still have this old shader in there.

If you search this thread there is a workaround called the windshield fix available, where you replace the shader through ini file in CM. I made and posted like 20,30 such fixes for cars.

Here, read this post and also the quoted post inside that post for more info:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1162#post-13106859

Unfortunately it's not my car, it's the Fiat 124 by Assettopedia, so I'd have no idea what to do

I almost have to do a log of the different games that Have Karts in them. Havent tried the Mario Kart you mention. I find the KS-76 ot KC-76 Russian Karts(cant remember the exact lettering) handle pretty good for me. They do want to snap around if you turn too much too quickly, that is with default settings.

i know I have tried the Pcar2 kart on Brands Hatch, dont remember how the Rfactor2 karts are. AMS2 kart is not bad but racing with AI several weeks ago they were all over the place on the tracks and too many incidents.

I haven't tried KartKraft for a while, they have done some updates, so may get around to trying them again. Wish the game had more tracks to have fun on. Weren't they supposed to have ability for 3rd party modders to create their own tracks?

Like you say, we used our bodies also for controlling the Karts in the corners. I did single engine Karts on our local tracks, but I remember watching the Dual engine Kart guys throwing the karts into the corners.

take care

Unfortunately it's not my car, it's the Fiat 124 by Assettopedia, so I'd have no idea what to do
Will take a look. Not at my computer, but have a laptop with me and cm on there as well and I can post a fix for you. Which car is it exactly?

I have the same you say, at least the vehicle types (mby not the Dallara)... Ive been driving abd BoP'n them all day.. several duplicates from diff converters.
Will have a nice grid for 1998-2003 in a few days. I am also matching chassis #s to skins from historical records, heh.

If you go onto velo's website he's done the V12 LMR, his version contains the chassis and all liveries used in each race the V12 done in for all 4 chassis iirc the 16 what i want is also in that file.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back