Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,744 comments
In a perfect world we would jump on it but theres just too much on our plate at the moment. Once we have released some of the more of our cars we might consider it. Natsuki's more likely to do it right now though. Charles talks with him a lot so its a possibility.
I Love your guy's work! I dont have much for patreon, but I donate when I can. Keep it up!

Hi!
It looks like it has something to do with this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1153#post-13104701

In particular, this one:
SHADOWS=3, 6, 6, 16

[EDIT]: Some more info can be found here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1153#post-13104751
Thank you very much for this realistic update. I also tried to correct performance output with graphs via automobile-catalogue.com but it was stil fast. After a few couple of laps with your version at my fav test track Brands Hatch GP there are 10 seconds difference then the previous version which means it is slower and realistic for an old british bruiser : ) I hope somebody revise the model, lighting and etc... Can I ask your method of revising performance of unrealistic mods ? I think some of the NFS Tournament Class Classics are too fast and easy to drive I wish to revise their performance and etc...

Thanks a lot
You can slow a car to make the performance more realistic by increasing the CD_GAIN in the BODY WiNG in the aero.ini file.

v4k89kpd7gey.gif

I have not found San Jose, exist a version of Houston converted from I do not know where by Gilles, but the AI does not work, St Petesburg I think it is rFactor conversion and has too many bumps when entering the corners. But nothing new.

Just wanted to add one last thing @Gustavo Puig. I haven't done Rfactor 2 for a while so I just tried the same street tracks in this game. Ah, Now I know where all the bumps come from. Toronto and St Petersburg has the same bumps in Rfactor 2 as we see in Assetto Corsa. Even the San Jose in Rfactor 2 is bumpy.in various areas which we dont have. Rfactor 2 doesn't seem to have Phoenix or Houston street tracks, at least i coundlnt find them in the Workshop Maybe they are in Rfactor1

Also I didnt realize how much brighter the Rfactor 2 tracks are compared to Assetto Corsa. When I did St Petersburg track I almost needed sun glasses with my VR. I wished we had the rolling starts though that Rfactor2 has.

Just wanted to add one last thing @Gustavo Puig. I haven't done Rfactor 2 for a while so I just tried the same street tracks in this game. Ah, Now I know where all the bumps come from. Toronto and St Petersburg has the same bumps in Rfactor 2 as we see in Assetto Corsa. Even the San Jose in Rfactor 2 is bumpy.in various areas which we dont have. Rfactor 2 doesn't seem to have Phoenix or Houston street tracks, at least i coundlnt find them in the Workshop Maybe they are in Rfactor1

Also I didnt realize how much brighter the Rfactor 2 tracks are compared to Assetto Corsa. When I did St Petersburg track I almost needed sun glasses with my VR. I wished we had the rolling starts though that Rfactor2 has.

The CART track I really want is Vancouver (pre-1998). There is a version of it for rFactor but it is very old, made for F1 2002 by Tantra (anyone remember him?). A version of that with modern quality would be so awesome.

Porsche 961 is coming tomorrow.
Original model has very low quality interior. I renewd some main placec as tachometer, turbo pressure. So when i publish it, anyone can take it to upgrade . But in overall its okay for riding, because when you drive, you dont actually look and fuel arrow etc. (i dont know if its important when you drive in VR glasses)

max speed on Mulsane straight, boost - according real stats. Even lap time is close to real

suspension physics is taken from other AWD turbo race car (not Alfa). none of us has any experince in driving real 961, who cares about it, if car handles well and with pleasure, am i wrong?

Last edited:
what i want to ask is: does someone has experience in renting a server for Assetto Corsa, like this for example? Or maybe some another platform? Is it possible to upload your own files and launch it?

I have also been testing rF2 since the workshop, the problem is the same, I think they are all conversions of circuits that were originally made for rF1, the graphic level is terrible and the irregularities of the road come from that time.

iks
The CART track I really want is Vancouver (pre-1998). There is a version of it for rFactor but it is very old, made for F1 2002 by Tantra (anyone remember him?). A version of that with modern quality would be so awesome.
I remember that track, it would be great to have all those tracks in AC. If I only knew how to do them I would start working in St. Petersburg.

Testing a car at Meadowdale International Raceway, I was going faster than the AI, about 20 seconds a lap.
The fun was down fast.

So, I made a new 'fast lane' for the AI and testing the same car for 2 laps, now the AI is running with same pace as me.

If you wanna try, here it is.

- Remove .txt
- Make a backup of the original file please.

Attachments

• fast_lane.ai.txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
Testing a car at Meadowdale International Raceway, I was going faster than the AI, about 20 seconds a lap.
The fun was down fast.

So, I made a new 'fast lane' for the AI and testing the same car for 2 laps, now the AI is running with same pace as me.

- Remove .txt

Thank you for this I had the same issue at Meadowdale. I checked multiple times to see if the ai was on 100% lol.

The fun was down fast.

- Remove .txt

Hi Paulo. Thanks a lot. But with the new AI-Line some cars ran into the left track border at the start and get stuck. Seems that the left track border line is too far left (into the pit lane).

This is an excellent track conversion. Well done. The rf2 track is also laser scanned, but it's a 2016 version. This drives very nicely. A couple of things i noticed. The mountains far away in distance are of very low quality and they flicker constantly. Also the curbs should be changed to red and white pattern.
I have been driving this rf2 version since 0.5, its on 0.7 now, its pretty damn good. is the one above from this or some other bathurst version, https://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=5179.0

A quick question guys, are there tracks with flower fields in them ? like colored ones as nice purple/ red /yellow/...

Do you mean something like this?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1598#post-13213124

> leBluem posted this track 2 pages back.
On this track, i spent much time planting different beautiful flower fields on the map with the power of grassfx.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1599#post-13213202

or this?

random tip #274

When CM has a content update and you are not sure about it...
Download the update in CM - DONT INSTALL!
Right-click, explore = c:\users\youruser\AppData\local\temp <--- the download is here

Now what?

Do what you want... install via CM, install manually, archive it, etc

Thank you very much for this realistic update. I also tried to correct performance output with graphs via automobile-catalogue.com but it was stil fast. After a few couple of laps with your version at my fav test track Brands Hatch GP there are 10 seconds difference than the previous version which means it is slower and realistic for an old british bruiser : ) I hope somebody revise the model, lighting and etc... Can I ask your method of revising performance of unrealistic mods ? I think some of the NFS Tournament Class Classics are too fast and easy to drive I wish to revise their performance and etc...

Thanks a lot
Hi,
Here's how I go about it:
on the first page of the model chosen in automobile-catalogue.com, you can already check a lot of things in content manager concerning the car: the manufacturer, the country of origin, the year of the model, the class (race or street ... or whatever you want), the name of the author, the power, the torque, the weight (empty), the maximum speed, the acceleration, then right click on the weight / power ratio box then "recalculate", this is done automatically by content manager. You can also fill in the boxes just under the photo of your car and the area to the right of this photo. It still remains to possibly modify the "power graph". Click on "folder" at the bottom of the screen, then on "ui" then on "ui_car.json". On the file that opens you will find the values to apply concerning the torque and the power available in the automobile-catalog under the tab "horse power / torque curve" (in red). Save the ui_car.jason file, now the power graph conforms to the car settings. To modify the power of the car, you have to open the file "power.lut" in data folder and calculate according to the torque values of the file "ui_car.json" the values to enter those of "power.lut" in this way:
T (in power.lut) = T (in ui_car.json) X 0.85
0.85 is the power reduction coefficient due to efficiency drops in the transmission. If the car is equipped with a turbo the calculation is a little different, the coefficient is modified as follows:
0.85 / (1 + turbo pressure)
e.g. if the turbo pressure is 1 bar
0.85 / 2 = 0.425
Only the power.lut changes the power of the car according to the formula:
Power = Torque * rpm
power in watts, torque in Newton / meter and rpm 2pi rad / sec.
Don't forget to also modify:
car.ini, (adjusts the weight, i.e. empty weight + 75kg)
ai.ini (the gear change values for the ai)
engine.ini (max rpm, idle rpm, etc ... and important, the turbo pressure
Now the car has the right power, to adjust the maximum speed and acceleration you can modify the parameters of the "aero.ini" file.
Also check the gearbox ratio values from those given in automobile-catalog on the tab "Complete transmission data: gear ratios, final drive, etc. - click the button below: Full Specifications"
Also test the other files in the "data" folder, there is a lot to learn.
But for all parameters to be compliant, there is still a lot to do ...
Finally, don't forget to click the "analyze" button in content manager to check that the car has no errors.
This is a little shortcut of what you can do with automobile-catalog (or zeperf.com even if it is not as complete).
If you need more information ---> pm
Have fun, Mike
Edit 1: i forgot to mention if data folder doesnt exist, only data.acd, in CM press [alt]+j data folder is created, then delete data.acd

Last edited:
More parts for Drag Racing

Track Maryland Raceway

View media item 67310
maryland_raceway.rar - 204.2 MB

View media item 67311
Pontiac G8 GXP

ac_g8_ls7_dtd_pack_3_o_s_drag.rar - 37.4 MB

View media item 67312
Datsun 510

adc_datsun_510.rar - 96.8 MB

View media item 67313
Nissan Sil80

cg_sil80_drag.rar - 124.9 MB

View media item 67314
Chevrolet Impala SS

chevrolet_impala_ss_1996_drag.rar - 38.1 MB

View media item 67315
Chevrolet Camaro SS 2002

chevrolet_camaro_ss_2002.rar - 44.6 MB

View media item 67316
Chevrolet Camaro SS 2016

chevrolet_camaro_ss_2016_drag.rar - 35.5 MB

View media item 67317
Chevrolet Blazer

chevy_blazer_drag.rar - 31.4 MB

View media item 67318
Chevrolet C10

chevy_c10hotrod_drag.rar - 34.1 MB

View media item 67319
Chevrolet Corvette C4

corvette_c4_zr1_drag.rar - 56.8 MB

View media item 67320
Chevrolet Corvette C6

corvette_c6_coupe.rar - 45.6 MB

View media item 67321
Mazda RX-3

mazda_rx3_wkmod_drag.rar - 44.7 MB

View media item 67322
Mazda 3 MPS

mazda3_h1_drag_2.0.rar - 86.5 MB

View media item 67323
GMC Syclone

gmc_h1_drag.rar - 118.7 MB

View media item 67324
Ford F350

ford_f350_stockbed_drag.rar - 72.5 MB

View media item 67325
GMC Sierra

DTD_sierra_v8_2_drag_drag.rar - 52.5 MB

View media item 67326
Suzuki Vitara

do_drag_suzuki_parachute.rar - 108.0 MB

View media item 67327
Suzuki Samurai

samurai_h1_drag.rar - 70.4 MB

View media item 67328
Honda Civic EK9

tr_honda_civic_ek9_drag.rar - 81.0 MB

View media item 67329
Toyota MR2

toyota_mr2_sw20_squid-spec_drag.rar - 89.3 MB

View media item 67330
Ford Mustang Cobra

tnt_mustang_cobra_00_o_s_drag.rar - 171.0 MB

View media item 67331
Mazda RX7 FD

ti_mazda_fd3s_dtd_o_s_drag.rar - 42.0 MB

View media item 67332
Subaru Impreza WRX

subaru_wrx_sti_drag.rar - 76.9 MB

View media item 67333
Lexus IS300

lexus_is_300_h1_drag.rar - 265.5 MB

View media item 67334
Nissan 370Z

sp_nissan_370z_hp_drag.rar - 42.1 MB

View media item 67335
Pontiac Trans AM

pontiac_transam_02_ce_drag.rar - 34.4 MB

View media item 67336
Toyota Land Cruiser

mtn_vxr_drag.rar - 38.8 MB

View media item 67337
Ford Crown Victoria

mtn_victoria_drag.rar - 33.4 MB

View media item 67338
Toyota Hilux

mtn_hilux_13_drag.rar - 44.3 MB

Have Fun !!!

Sweet more cars I can return to their stock specs ! Cheers mate x

what i want to ask is: does someone has experience in renting a server for Assetto Corsa, like this for example? Or maybe some another platform? Is it possible to upload your own files and launch it?

I've been renting an AC server from these guys https://emperorservers.com/ for the last 18 months. In terms of uploading files, do you mean content like tracks, cars and skins - if so then yes, no problem with that. The hosting comes with their server manager software preconfigured and so makes setting everything up/managing championships really easy. It also supports Real Penalty, KissMyRank and sTracker plugins plus you can have a TeamSpeak Server included for free too.

can someone please update the ACU Istanbul park updates grasfx rainfx etc????
quick and dirty, but looks ok.

; configuration file
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ist_tarmac,ist_rumble?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ist_tarmac

;copied from teddies grassfx
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MESHES = vis-grass?
GRASS_MATERIALS = 3Dgrass
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = 3Dgrass
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = ROAD?, RMBL?, KERB?
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA =
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.3
MASK_BLUR = 1
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands_darker.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 4

upload_2020-8-27_20-47-10.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back