Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
Good morning! I downloaded the Sin_Realistic_Showrrom but I get an error when I try to make new previews witj it. The error is "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: Hardware device removed" The other previews works fine. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Nope. Thanks

Welcome to this AC big family, life is going to be tough for u to keep up every new update / new release on every single day, this thread require daily reading or u will find it hard to catch later :)

Enjoy and keep safe !

Recently moved to PC from console. I'm not computery at all but have managed to install the content manager, dropped a donation for the full version. A Sol mod I have been hearing about and a few tracks with the BTCC mod.
It is glorious. Cant believe I waited this long to switch. Amazed by the talent of all you folk that put the time and effort into the content. Hat off.

Mind Blown, Chicago Street at night is simply epic, made me forget what game I was playing for a while, never really a Grid fan but this track made me very nostalgic for Project Gotham Racing :cool::cool::cool: Excellent work by the team that put it together! 👍

Had to make a little clip, Win10 really needs share factory...

OMFG! This Chicago tracks looks awesome! Thank you for NOT sharing this cool track so we can watch your video in a loop instead of driving it.

Really nice job!
Hope you don't mind but before you do the LoDs I tweaked the driver's position so he holds the wheel better through more of the wheel's rotation (he sat a little high before and his hands started floating) and I also corrected the hand/wheel synchronisation in data/driver3d so the wheel no longer slides through his hands.
All important stuff in VR... ;)
Full car v1.01:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tm6ye849k4m9gi6/file

If you have the time and inclination, could you possibly look at the driver animation on Pessio's GTAM? The driver arms lift up alarmingly as lock goes on. It's a shame as the car is great fun.

If you have the time and inclination, could you possibly look at the driver animation on Pessio's GTAM? The driver arms lift up alarmingly as lock goes on. It's a shame as the car is great fun.
You'd be better asking Pessio himself to tweak the animation over at RD. I reported an issue with the steering animation to him a while ago so he might be updating it at some point.

Hey guys, a random guy (back) here again.
Do you guys know any nice paid street car mods? Been trying to find nice paid mods but most of them are ripped assets so yeah.

This is it, the v1.1 release of the stock Jaguar XE SV Project 8 !

Massive thanks to Rallyworld, Assettoland, RMi_wood, JakubP, Adriaan and MrBoo. Without them I wouldn't have come this far! <3 This community is awesome

I'm releasing this as a v1.1 as I feel I need to improve a lot of skills before it can be a proper v2. This is my first mod release ever so let me know what you think and if you find any bugs (that aren't at the bottom of this post yet)! Also sorry for the confusing releases here and there by different people. I feel like there could have been some better communication between everyone so people would only have to download the actual release. But hey, there is a first for everything and lessons have been learned!

Have fun!
Link: https://sharemods.com/uwi9fkg3tf70/Jaguar_XE_SV_Project_8_v1.1.7z.html

Some release pics, spot the updates ;)
Or just scroll down to read the changelog I'm not the boss of you.
upload_2020-9-3_11-23-2.png

upload_2020-9-3_11-23-19.png

upload_2020-9-3_11-23-24.png

upload_2020-9-3_11-23-30.png

upload_2020-9-3_11-23-34.png

upload_2020-9-3_11-23-39.png

Changelog (bit long)
- fixed the clutch
- new power.lut with real dyno
- adjusted tire width and diameter for P8 size
- lowered the FFB to 1.0
- fixed the tires to spec ; edited the wrong tires before lol
- aero now has wings/diffuser
- mass / inertia adjusted
- ffb back to 1.5
- steering lock set to 360 ; match driver ini
- ParticlesFX exhaust
- S1 version added
- Revised interior and exterior shaders
- Alcantara now looks a lot better but I've added black leather textures in the _details folder if you want black leather. Just drag and drop
- Antenna removed
- Co driver removed
- Plates added
- New rims
- Made rims paintable in paint shop. Atm you lose the Jaguar logo so best to use files from _details folder for changing rim colour.
- Exhaust now have their own chrome texture
- Dashboard lights and textures edited so there is some more detail and you don't get blinded by the light
- Needles now light up as well in a blue colour. Based on the trackmode needles in the real car
- Added digital speedometer
- Resized and recoloured and moved digital current gear on dash
- Revised midconsole buttons so only the icon glows and not the icon and a square around it
- Found the weird texture behind selected gear and removed it
- Added new glas material via ext_config
- Added lights for the rear numberplate via ext_config
- New textures for the Jaguar logo on the front and the logo on the wing. 2048x2048 instead of 512x512
- Finally got some decent shaders for the wheels via ext_config, these only work in game and not in custom showroom
- Selected gear and speedometer now hover a lot less infront of the dash but still a tiny bit because of the angle difference
- Added Kunos style previews
- Harry's garage style livery added

To-do / bugs
- No dirty textures for now
- Damages textures aren't that amazing
- Front seats have no texture on the backside
- Backseat is non existent
- No logo on painted rim via paint shop
- Add navigation
- Need to improve ao for tailgate logo's
- All new dashboard textures in a higher resolution would be nice

Still reading? What are you waiting for, go race!

question for the track modding guys, when I am in blender, using the fbx generated by 3dsimed, if i copy and paste a tree for example (because that appears to be a major disaster to be able to do in 3dsimed...), when i get back into kseditor the original tree still looks right, but the copied one is not transparent where its meant to be, its black? (note, all the pasted trees look fine in blender itself)

ANy ideas?

Last edited:
Actually, the Project8 was handled/posted even less than many mods/tracks here (snippets of text, numerous little files, etc), this was no different and publicly handled without much fanfare, IMHO. Im actually abit put off that this contribution and collaboration has received the critique from a FEW posts.

Plus, several hundred people got to preview, contribute and comment on the progress. Something quite rare, isnt it?
This was much better handled than the 961, for example, and we posted full working WiP betas, for everyone. There is alot of talent here on GTP... I was happy to help.

I personally valued the feedback from several people, rather than only myself to guess if I had made any improvement.

I'm not sorry that these few posts bothered a few people.
You dont have to download or bother, you can choose to ignore, you can choose to wait for a release or you can choose to bltch... its anyones choice.

and yet, I am not sorry.

Teddie - Excellent update! Great attention to detail.

I am getting lower than expected framerates - have a 100hz monitor and dips into the 70's at times. Ideas? Thanks!

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'll have a look though. Thanks for the kind words, SMTX!

question for the track modding guys, when I am in blender, using the fbx generated by 3dsimed, if i copy and paste a tree for example (because that appears to be a major disaster to be able to do in 3dsimed...), when i get back into kseditor the original tree still looks right, but the copied one is not transparent where its meant to be, its black? (note, all the pasted trees look fine in blender itself)

ANy ideas?

Check the transparency property on the copied tree's naterial with black background. Select "Alpha Chroma" or "Chroma Alpha". I can't remember. Damn memory. Lemme know if that fixes the black for you.

Man, there's gotta be a way to trigger the ghost car to come out on an a2b hillclimb. No? I'd love to race my against my ghost for best time on a hillclimb. :(

New Suzuka from @enkay74 released on FB:

Charles Sami Razon Amyouni
Chivas AutoArt - A Super GT Assetto Corsa Group

49 min ·

2013 Suzuka International Circuit v1.0 JAF Edition by Enkay74 is now available for download

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jvbxhixmo4kmr2b/Suzuka+International+Super+GT.zip/file
Donation Link: https://paypal.me/neilmcracewheel?locale.x=en_AU
Skins:
2013 Super GT (Default)
2019 Super GT
2019 Super Formula

Re-worked by enkay74 to try and obtain a Super GT race weekend feel to the Suzuka International Circuit

Changes:
Removal of numerous objects around circuit (grandstands, trees, sponsors etc.) to create a realistic race weekend feel
Addition of a lot of objects (TV, rescue vehicles, pit crews etc.) to create a realistic race weekend feel
Addition of new crowds and spectator vehicles to create a realistic race weekend feel
Changed / edited numerous textures (grass, road, trees etc.)
Added realistic advertisments and placement to suit Super GT / Super Formula race weekend
Created VAO
Added different levels of grass FX

sorry but someone has already created with the content manager, a grid preset, for the rss formula hybrid, with the right strength values linked to each single skin?

example
mercedes force 100
rebull force 95
renault 85
ferrari 60

and has the same thing already been done for the 1991 asr formula cars?

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    42.8 KB · Views: 24
Hello everyone,
Back in May, the Donkervoort GT4 was released, but it wasn't bopped to the GT4 class. Somebody did that in here. I have been reading the pages 1090 till 1106 an d i didn't see it.
Does anyone have this bopped version?

I switched the soundfile with the Audi TT RS VLN, this has a more raw sound!

This is it, the v1.1 release of the stock Jaguar XE SV Project 8 !

Massive thanks to Rallyworld, Assettoland, RMi_wood, JakubP, Adriaan and MrBoo. Without them I wouldn't have come this far! <3 This community is awesome
Massive thanks to everyone involved, can't wait to try it this weekend.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back