Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,778 comments
The Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 uploaded to RD... is it scratch-made? If so, what an excellent job already, even at this early stage.
The cockpit looks suspiciously like a Kunos car but maybe the modders are doing that very rare thing of actually following the Kunos pipeline.
A neighbour of mine has just bought a new Cayman and I was perving over it just the other day. It's fantastic. Another neighbour has a 458 and another has an Atom, and there's a Cayenne Turbo down the road too. I really need to up my car game, lol.

Kinda looks like the one from the "BE" leak...
The Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 uploaded to RD... is it scratch-made? If so, what an excellent job already, even at this early stage.
The cockpit looks suspiciously like a Kunos car but maybe the modders are doing that very rare thing of actually following the Kunos pipeline.
A neighbour of mine has just bought a new Cayman and I was perving over it just the other day. It's fantastic. Another neighbour has a 458 and another has an Atom, and there's a Cayenne Turbo down the road too. I really need to up my car game, lol.

Excuse my ignorance and I guess my magnifying glass is all dirty. :D
Is this an update to an extension they already made in 2019, or is this supossed to be a new one and we have now 3 amg gt3 extensions?

thats for 2019 spec which is least one they release they is also have 2020 spec extensions has well its bit of strange way fo release the mods

Excuse my ignorance and I guess my magnifying glass is all dirty. :D
Is this an update to an extension they already made in 2019, or is this supossed to be a new one and we have now 3 amg gt3 extensions?

Hi, I work with AGU. I hope this explains the differences:

2015.png

2019.png

2020.png

All contained within the skins.

1980 Porsche 924 GTP (LeMans)
Weight : 2050 lbs | 929.864 kg
Power : 320 bhp / 239 kW @ 7,000 rpm
Torque : 380 Nm / 280 ft lbs @ 4,500 rpm
Top Speed : 282 km/h (175 mph)
Wheels BBS 11.75 x 16 Tyres (fr/r) Dunlop 275/600 - 16 / 300/825 - 16

Just three cars were built for the 924 GTP Le Mans program. With only a 2.0 liter 320 HP engine they competed for a class win and achieved a remarkable sixth overall finish. The 924 #003 was able to reach 175 miles per hour at Le Mans

Although not yet fully homologated, three 924 racing cars were prepared for that year's Le Mans race. The engine was further developed and equipped with a massive nose-mounted intercooler and Kugelfischer Fuel Injection system. The Turbo pressure was almost doubled resulting in a staggering 320 bhp. Further lightening brought the weight well down to 945 kg from the 1180 of the road car.

1981 Porsche 924 GTR (IMSA/GTU)
375hp

Porsche Motorsports built 17 examples of the 924 GTR. Al Holbert built six more 924 GTRs having been supplied bodies and racing components from Porsche Motorsports Factory. Holbert’s GTRs were serious racing machines, participating in the IMSA and Trans Am series. To distinguish it from the cars that raced at Le Mans in 1980, the new car was dubbed the Carrera GTR. It incorporated all the lessons learned and sported the most powerful 924 engine. Amazingly all of the 375 horses were still transferred from the clutch to the transaxle by the stock 924 Turbo light-alloy propshaft.

Media: 924 GTP Restoration
Buy a new one!

Seems we will need: S1(320hp)/S2(375hp)/S3?(525hp IMSA fantasy monster)

for you smarty types...
Tress and road kinda fixed and people etc on this track, now I need a gardner...

My material is GRASSA, export from blender is defaulted to PerPixel, and grass will not grow on it
upload_2020-9-10_7-7-19.png

upload_2020-9-10_7-7-46.png

so i tried shader replacement to ksGrass, but grass still wont grow on it AND it goes kinda blueish.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_2]
MATERIALS = GRASS?
SHADER =ksGrass
upload_2020-9-10_7-9-23.png

oddly, if i set to ksPerPixelAT then the damn grass will grow, but the base is bluish AND transparent...

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_2]
MATERIALS = GRASS?
SHADER =ksPerPixelAT

upload_2020-9-10_7-10-34.png

any idea where I am going wrong here?

I don't think so. The interior like you said is almost identical to Kunos old Cayman, and the exterior is basically the guerilla gt4 car, with a different wing. Might be a coincidence, but this is how it looks at least. I like the way it drives, but it's too fast for a road version of the car, it can basically make lap times similar to sport version of the same car. It has too much grip in my opinion.

"I really need to up my car game, lol." or move to a poorer neighbourhood. :)

That looks like the one - thanks.

Yeah, it says so in the UI: GTR2 to AC by Assetto-fr.tk
It's the same as Gilles' 'Schotten', with better grass and water, minus the aquatic plants. The track surface feels the same but looks different.
Tags say it's a fantasy track, which it is not entirely so, the plans were made, but it has not been constructed yet. It also says Lost Heaven, so I think he just copied the tags from the other track.

Last edited:
Yeah, it says so in the UI: GTR2 to AC by Assetto-fr.tk
It's the same as Gilles' 'Schotten', with better grass and water, minus the aquatic plants. The track surface feels the same but looks different.
Tags say it's a fantasy track, which it is obviously not, but it also says Lost Heaven, so I think he just copied the tags from the other track.
I don't remember the Gilles version at all. I must have deleted it.

for you smarty types...
Tress and road kinda fixed and people etc on this track, now I need a gardner...

My material is GRASSA, export from blender is defaulted to PerPixel, and grass will not grow on it
View attachment 956674
View attachment 956675

so i tried shader replacement to ksGrass, but grass still wont grow on it AND it goes kinda blueish.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_2]
MATERIALS = GRASS?
SHADER =ksGrass
View attachment 956676

oddly, if i set to ksPerPixelAT then the damn grass will grow, but the base is bluish AND transparent...

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_2]
MATERIALS = GRASS?
SHADER =ksPerPixelAT

View attachment 956678

wierdly i got it to work in game, saved out the config, fired it up and grass went missing again?

Teddie, quick question. I'm just trying your recent SEAT Toldeo mod and it's good fun. One thing I'm trying to sort out is why the car isn't centred in the preview images. Do you know how I can fix that? Cheers. :)

Last edited:
ive been looking everywhere for this rx7 mod does anyone know where i can get it
I'll chime in with the modded GrA motors and add the ones I've been 'working' on lately, the Savanna RX7/Supra A70.

CV1eDix.png

1H2nU1y.png

They're... Alright. Need some new data to make them competitive against the Kunos E30 and other Gr.A cars. It's not really my forte so I'll leave that to the experts.
Come to think of it neither is modding cars so if there's anything wrong just improve them - I'm no pro modder, just a guy bored out of his mind.

Liveries inspired by the RX7 254i LM and the Supra A70 JTCC.

https://we.tl/t-Kw66WcG3ET

edit : also been working on a 240 Turbo GrA but seeing that we now have a couple of them now it's pretty much useless ahah.

rFuFTV5.png

Teddie, quick question. I'm just trying your recent SEAT Toldeo mod and it's good fun. One thing I'm trying to sort out is why the car isn't centred in the preview images. Do you know how I can fix that? Cheers. :)

Probably wanna ask Claudio Cas / Cla01 about that - it's his mod. If only so that it gets corrected at the source.

It might be a similar issue to a problem on Shokeus ACT80's 964 RSR that mrgone was able to provide a fix for, so he might also be able to quickly point you / Cla01 in the right direction (pinpoint the stray triangles that change the center of the model).

Or you / Cla01 can back track this post for further context:
Fantastic! All seems great now. From the first moment I saw this car it appeared that the headlights had been converted to combined air intakes/headlights. Not sure if there was ever a 911 that did this in real life... but it certainly gives it a unique look.
Thanks again for all your help. It's good to finally solve another one of these misaligned preview issues - there seems to be a few reasons why it happens.
:cheers:

Found on Facebook (but be aware that the DL is almost 1GB):

David Schneider
Assetto Corsa Mod Central

·
ever dreamed your local town would held a formula race? i did back when a was a young boy. now aged 36 i made my dream come virtually true. i learned modding an recreated the village where i grew up, and its a blast to race
1f606.png

Here you have the first Beta Version (lets call it 0.5):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2rvmzs09w5nid3o/file
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/DrDavidSchneider (thank you for donating
1f618.png
)
Included:
  • 2 Layouts (GP and Reversed)
  • Working AI for 20 Cars
  • All real Houses from Freimettigen
Not yet included:
  • Hill Climbe Layout
  • Some Objects are just place holders
  • No optimization (might be heavy on the cpu for older pcs)
  • Night Lights
upload_2020-9-10_7-58-4.png

Last edited:
Tags say it's a fantasy track, which it is not entirely so, the plans were made, but it has not been constructed yet. It also says Lost Heaven, so I think he just copied the tags from the other track.

From here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schottenring

The Schottenring was a motorsport race track situated near Schotten in the Vogelsbergkreis of Hesse, between Fulda and Gießen. After Nürburgring, Schleizer Dreieck, Solituderennen and AVUS, it was one of Germany's oldest race tracks, inaugurated on 22 July 1925.

The track was popular for club events, and had attracted 90,000 spectators to its first post war event in 1947.[1] In 1953, partially as the result of a compromise between Germany's two controlling bodies, the DMV and the ADAC,[2] it was selected to host the German motorcycle Grand Prix. Even by the standards of the day, the track had never been regarded as particularly safe,[2] and after an inspection made before practice had begun, the factory teams from AJS, Norton, Gilera and Moto Guzzi decided unanimously that the track was too narrow for "modern" 350s and 500s to race.[2] Bordered on many fast corners by trees and with a track surface so slippery at the most dangerous points that it would be disastrous to run a championship event there. With the unprecedented departure of the majority of major teams even before racing was due to begin, officials from the FIM decided that the only way to proceed at such short notice was to allow the event to continue, but that only the smaller 125cc and 250cc races would count towards the World Championship.[2]

Racing was discontinued after 1956, but rallies and classic bikes events are still held on a shortened version

From here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schottenring

The Schottenring was a motorsport race track situated near Schotten in the Vogelsbergkreis of Hesse, between Fulda and Gießen. After Nürburgring, Schleizer Dreieck, Solituderennen and AVUS, it was one of Germany's oldest race tracks, inaugurated on 22 July 1925.

The track was popular for club events, and had attracted 90,000 spectators to its first post war event in 1947.[1] In 1953, partially as the result of a compromise between Germany's two controlling bodies, the DMV and the ADAC,[2] it was selected to host the German motorcycle Grand Prix. Even by the standards of the day, the track had never been regarded as particularly safe,[2] and after an inspection made before practice had begun, the factory teams from AJS, Norton, Gilera and Moto Guzzi decided unanimously that the track was too narrow for "modern" 350s and 500s to race.[2] Bordered on many fast corners by trees and with a track surface so slippery at the most dangerous points that it would be disastrous to run a championship event there. With the unprecedented departure of the majority of major teams even before racing was due to begin, officials from the FIM decided that the only way to proceed at such short notice was to allow the event to continue, but that only the smaller 125cc and 250cc races would count towards the World Championship.[2]

Racing was discontinued after 1956, but rallies and classic bikes events are still held on a shortened version

Right, but that isn’t the layout of the track we have. We have the proposed/planned, shorter version.

for you smarty types...

View attachment 956674
View attachment 956675

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_2]
MATERIALS = GRASS?
SHADER =ksGrass
View attachment 956676

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_2]
MATERIALS = GRASS?
SHADER =ksPerPixelAT

View attachment 956678

Just out of interest... This looks like historic kylami from ams

I presume you haven't already seen this..

Not trying to piss on your fire honestly... Jim

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3qb9lbq6ytzekja/kyalami_1967.zip/file

Last edited:
Hi guys

I need your help.
I m currently working on the speedster and rf versions of the kunos 2015 mazda mx5, using rhinoceros and 3dsmax.
I was able to import the original kunos 3d model as a .obj, but..
How can i import the new 3d parts into the original kunos mx5? later i would like to work on the power, weight and physics of the stock car as well..

thank you

E.A.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back